[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness/disorder, /lgbt/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 8

File: 45345345345.png (290KB, 450x451px) Image search: [Google]
45345345345.png
290KB, 450x451px
Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness/disorder, /lgbt/?
>>
>>6688767

Besides gender identity disorder, I've only been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. Though the psychologist who have me the latter diagnosis told me he thought I might be slightly autistic.
>>
>>6688767
Only by heterosexual court-appointed doctors, who's opinions I disregard, for obvious reasons.
>>
Anxiety disorders of every sort and possibly avoidance personality disorder and literal autism.

Also some crippling depression that I stave off with prozac, but honestly, I think every gayfag might have tried to an hero at some point.
>>
>>6688767
major depression
>>
File: image.jpg (341KB, 1238x828px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341KB, 1238x828px
Ptsd and depression. Some people on 4chan have said I'm autistic. I'm pretty morbid, though functioning and hopeful for prosperous goals.

Until recently. My casual and oblivious morbidity has resulted in my school filing a restraining order against me.

Now I can't stop thinking of suicide.
>>
i have fag disease
>>
>>6688893
this too tbhfam
>JUST
>>
Social Anxiety Disorder and Major Depression.

Depression mostly caused by my anxiety and repression of my desires for almost all of my life.
>>
Bipolar II, my ups are insane caused most of my problems in life. The racing thoughts, blood pumping through my brain, limitless energy. Made school and work easy but living hard.
>>
I spent 9 months in a psychiatric hospital in 2012.

Take from that what you will, but the doctors there really edged around the issue of giving me a proper diagnosis of anything.

Anyway, anxiety and depression. They're comorbities of a different illness, though.
>>
>>6688767
Hell to the yes.
>>
>>6689007

shut up virgin, you'll eventually come here as a fag or a tranny anyways
>>
>>6688767
yes
being socially isolated from my family and peers in middle/high school caused me to fall into a severe depression
it wasnt until i moved somewhere after where every1 wasnt a fag hater that i realized i actually had a chance at life and recovered
>>
>>6688767
Mental ill ess doesn't exist - natural human derivation does. Anyone who says otherwise is a psychopharmacology shill.
>>
>>6689007
>stop shitting up my fucking board with your autism please, thanks
I suppose you think it's fine to shit up your fucking board with your autism?
>>
>>6689030
Thank goodness we have Dr. Anonymous to set us all straight. Where would we be without your professional insight?
>>
>>6689014
This. Cishet people are just a meme.
>>
>>6689043
>appeal to authority
Psychiatrists only learn abstractions based on the flawed assumption that mental illness is a real thing, rather than a social construct. It's scientifically valid except for being predicated upon utter bullshit, just like the geocentric model.
>>
>>6688767
Severe Chronic Depression
Social Anxiety
Disassocative... something. Dont know the name right now and personality/identity both bring me to this multiple personality one. I just kinda stand beside me and dont feel like im I,

And gender dysphoria, the above ones are comorbities.
>>
>>6689043
>Dr. Anonymous
Better than Dr. Shekelstein
>>
>>6689063
>muh mental illness being a social construct

Are you fucking kidding me? OCD may not be the be-all end-all way that will ever exist to describe why I have intrusive thoughts and blink 20 times with each eye to feel right, or touch the smooth surface of my nails to get away from a rough texture, but it's better than nothing.

They're limited attempts to categorize and classify sets of actual symptoms/behaviors that are dysfunctional. That doesn't equal the "mental illness doesn't real" meme.
>>
File: 1468191009685.jpg (180KB, 1200x800px)
1468191009685.jpg
180KB, 1200x800px
>>6688767
throughout the end of middle school/entirety of high school I was totally convinced that that people and objects were trying to invade my brain by either touching me or transmitting thoughts and curses into my head through some sort of telepathy.

i was also convinced that if i uttered something insulting toward anything, inanimate or otherwise, they would try to steal my talents/abilities and implant something in it's place, usually in the form of a less talent or intelligence. I also believed that everyone had a personal vendetta against me and were trying to dispel their negative qualities onto me through some sort of "tradeoff".

i would spend basically all day repeating my "positive" qualities over and over in my head in an effort to maintain them and cleaning and wiping myself down every time I touched a "negative" object or person (which was basically everything).
>>
was given steroid injections as a teen. saw a psych over mood swings, rage and depression. diagnosed me with bipolar disorder. i was given mood stabilisers.

saw a different psych years later over trans stuff. 'you my boy are a true transsexual. thats gender dysphorias you got there son'- transition, estrogen, stability. funny that
>>
>>6689116
Putting "muh" before an assertion doesn't invalidate it.

The behaviours and "symptoms" that are called mental illness exist, those have been fairly well documented. They're wrongly considered illnesses though, because physical illness is an objective thing while any judgements made about the mind are inherently subjective. You're only mentally ill if your culture (and incredibly biased """professionals""") say you are.

If you want therapy to help you think differently that's fine, but fon't pretend its the same as being dick - that's an intolerable insult to humanity as a whole.
>>
>>6689155
Oh god those typos ;-;
>>
>>6689155
But heterosexuals have said I'm mentally ill, and I'm not. This culture of heterosexuals is worthless and doesn't decide anything, no matter how many times you lie about that.
>>
>>6689168
You decide for yourself if you're "mentally ill" or not. Heck, it's not even that, it's deciding if you want help changing yourself or not. Forcing someone to change or labeling them as sick and thus in need of change is insulting and wrong. Deciding to change and getting help with that is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>6689155
It's obvious this shit is subjective. At least in my life, pathologization was an imperfect but somewhat helpful tool for the mental symptoms I displayed that really ate apart at my life. In your view, what is defined as a mental illness is subjective based on culture. I don't disagree with that statement, but how else do you think people with some sort of mental symptoms that could be pathologized today would need to manage or be dealt with?

This is, unfortunately, the messiness that can be easily introduced to almost any such social constructionist discussion. Gender is another one of those points for social construction debates--gender roles largely rose from interpretations of differences between sexes. And sex too is a scientific human categorization of existing characteristics.
>>
>>6689196
Deciding to change is no an inherently wonderful thing. Most of the shit on here started out life being 50% worthless, then go exposed to the Hitler and desu and Jesus Christ, and decided to go 100% worthless.
>>
>>6689196
Also, labelling others as sick is not inherently wrong. All heterosexuals choose to be evil 100% of the time, so they are all sick and worthless, this is a fact. To lie about it or try and insult me with your lies when I point it out is wrong.
>>
>>6689206
A helpful tool maybe, but one that purports subjective opinions as medical fact, often to devastating consequences for the patients' physical health, let alone the integrity of their own minds.

Imo the solution to a culture in which some people can't function isn't mass medication, but social and cultural change to accommodate those that would benefit from it.

>>6689212
Isn't it though? I think there's a poetry in maturing and becoming more perfectly who you want to be.

>>6689226
They're subjectively wrong yeah, but there's no method for verifying an objective wrong. Asserting their objective evil is one thing, proving it is another.
>>
Clinically depressed got evaluated at a behavioral center for 3 days. Left as low risk harm to others and medium risk to myself. Met some cool people it was a 7/10 experience. They would gives a fuck ton of drugs to shut us down during the day. I saw a girl go crazy and bash her head on unbreakable glass until she was a bloody mess because another girl made fun of her getting raped.
>>
>>6689298
But I don't need to prove anything. This isn't some heterosexual court of law, or some heterosexual lab, and if it was, I would leave because I wouldn't want to have anything to do with those lying sacks of shit. I'm just speaking self-evident truths here, it doesn't take a genius to see that all heterosexuals are objectives fundamentally completely worthless.
>>
>>6689063
>real thing
>social construct
pick two famalieaem
>>
>>6689063
Contradicting
>>
>>6689298
>Imo the solution to a culture in which some people can't function isn't mass medication, but social and cultural change to accommodate those that would benefit from it.
You can't expect everyone else to bend over backwards to accommodate your special needs. That's selfish. If you don't want to medicate then use therapy. And if you're too lazy to do that then it's not my problem.
>>
>>6689318
Theres nothing objective about that tho, even gay aristotle knew that self-evident truths were bs.
>>6689342
>>6689392
Thought i was p clear, sry. Mental traits exist, but they can't rightly be called illnesses. The concept of a mental illness is a social construct, not a real thing.

>>6689401
But a society that forces its members to destroy themselves with drugs and conditioning because it refuses to accommodate them - isn't that an evil society?
>>
>>6689535
Thought i was p clear, sry.
>>real thing
>>social construct
pick two my famiglionia
>>
>>6689535
But you're just being objective dog shit. One second you spew heterosexual /pol/ lies, the next second you cry "waahhh baaaww duuuuh nobody can know anything!" Fuck off with your worthless boring heterosexual lies you dog shit.
>>
>>6689583
Social constructs are insubstantial ideas, their existence is reliant upon social norms. Intangible, fragile things aren't real to me.
>>6689593
I'm sorry :c

We can agree that cishets can't call us crazy, right?
>>
>>6689645
I'm not going to agree with you on anything so long as you insist on implying that I have to give any respect at all for any reason whatsoever to any heterosexual anywhere on Earth at any point in history ever. You tell a lie like that and you should eat shit and then kill yourself. And saying I can't insult them all I want because "muh objective truth" is one of your excuses that's objectively unacceptable.
>>
>>6689535
>forces
Fuck off. You don't have to be normal but you can't force me to deal with your bullshit either.

And mental illness is not a "social construct", whatever the fuck that means. A mental illness is an abnormality that negatively impacts someone's quality of life.
>>
>>6688767
PTSD reporting in
>>
>>6689783
There are thousands of normal things that do that anon, and few of them are called mental illness. Mental illness is whatever those in control of your society decide it is, your definition encompasses too many things that aren't considered mental illness.
>>
>>6688767
Aspergers and dysrpraxia are the ones I'm officially diagnosed with.
I'm probably a sociopath as well, but I'm too paranoid to open up enough to a medical professional to get that diagnosed.

And there's post-concussion syndrome as well, which is like a mental disorder, only it's going away over time.
Post-concussion syndrome is where a concussion stays around for a prolonged period. I dropped something pretty heavy on my head from a few feet up back before xmas, and it fucking HURT.
So now I'm more irritable and depressed than before.
>>
>>6688885
>Ptsd
Where did you serve?

>>6689030
Said like a neurotypical with no medical knowledge.
>>
>>6690328
I was 14 when I was diagnosed. 9 years later, the police did a 5150 and mentioned that I still have it. I didn't think so. But I feel it coming back now that the school is expelling me for threats I didn't make.
>>
ADHD and Major Depressive Disorder
>>
>>6689155
you should read the definition before claiming something isn't real. a mental illness is defined as a deviation of thoughts or behaviors that negatively impact the persons quality of life or cause suffering. the treatment is focused on improving the quality of life and relieving the suffering. i assume that's also the reason why gender identity disorder doesn't exist anymore and has been replaced by gender dysphoria. transgenderism isn't necessarily a mental illness as the feeling of being the opposite gender doesn't cause suffering itself. the suffering is caused by looking like your birth sex and being seen and treated as your birth sex. the overwhelming success of the treatment confirms that.
>>
>>6689118
I still do that, is it game over?
>>
>>6690472
The definition is too wide, and there are too many glaring contradictions of things falling under that definition and not being called mental illnesses. The reality of mental illness is that its literal Wrongthink with a false moral high ground.
>>
>>6690600
>The reality of mental illness is that its literal Wrongthink with a false moral high ground.
the reality of mental illness is the DSM V. show me all those "wrongthink" diagnoses. you really seem to think the stuff casuals call a mental illness as an insult seems to matter at all.
>>
>>6690638
Dsm v lists exceptions for cultural differences - how do cultural differences factor into "sick" thinking? How does being an african or something exempt you from, say, autism? Its because mental illness is subjective garbageeeee
>>
>>6690658
is autism said to be an exception?
so you're saying the DSM V is fine and correct, right? i mean you didn't post any diagnoses of "wrongthink"?
>>
>>6688885
>Some people on 4chan have said I'm autistic

Whatever follows at the end of the sentence "some people on 4chan have said..." should be disregarded. Anyone who with a narrow set of niche interests gets labelled autistic, but people don't realize autism comes with some serious neurological underpinnings.

In short, you are probably not autistic, you just spent your entire developmental period as a kid on the Internet and playing videogames (probably) and as such acquired no social skills.
>>
>>6690670
ODD is literally wrongthink the diagnosis.
>>
>>6690769
>Early intervention and treatment is important, since children with untreated ODD may continue to be difficult and antisocial into their adult years. This can impact on their relationships, career prospects and quality of life. Some children with ODD will develop the more serious conduct disorder (CD), which is characterised by aggressive law-breaking and violent behaviours.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/oppositional-defiant-disorder-odd

i can see the danger that kids are being diagnosed who have simply bad parents similar to ADHD but that doesn't mean that neither of these disorders exist and cause significant problems for the child itself if not treated.
>>
>>6690769
>>6690815
i should have read the source till the very end. bad parenting seems to be a cause or at least impacts the development of ODD negatively and the treatment doesn't consist of drugs but of parental aid through proffessionals so no, i don't see any danger there.
>>
>>6690815
>>6690833
Odd is literally being a brat
Its not a sickness
You dont need fucking treatment

Literally anything can have future problems, being a human being means no being a carbon copy of everyone else. Surprise surprise - that can lead to a tough life.

Pathologizing the human condition is really fucking disgusting on multiple levels, and its orwellian as fuck.
>>
>>6690882
Nobody should be labelled as sick (with all the financial and legal ramifications) on account of how they think. You could call our founding fathers victims of conduct disorder! Is there any more intolerable insult to the men that fought for our country and our freedom? How about MLK, did he have conduct disorder???
>>
>>6690815

Is it somehow less harmful to marginalize and dehumanize a child than to let them grow up to be rebels? Is this 1950's America?
>>
>>6690882
>Odd is literally being a brat
it's only diagnosed if the kid is constantly ignoring rules and arguing. it's an escalated form of a brat.
>Its not a sickness
you should read upon the definition of a sickness. it's something a person suffers from and yes kids suffer from being spiteful and rule breaking all the time.
>You dont need fucking treatment
tell that to the kids who need treatment to give them a chance to function properly in society later.

you're literally ignoring science because of how you feel this should be dealt with. show me sources and studies about how this is nonsense and don't just spout unbelievable bullshit such as "what if founding father had conduct disorder".
>>
File: 0_9fe99_175adf69_XXL.jpg (352KB, 1024x978px) Image search: [Google]
0_9fe99_175adf69_XXL.jpg
352KB, 1024x978px
General anxiety disorder and narcolepsy.
>>
>>6690902
>is helping the child not to end in prison somehow less harmful than a kid ending up in prison and showing violent behavior
no, never. who even thought of this absolutely dehumanizing and cruel treatment of addressing a childs problems and raising them to be functional and well adjusted adults? just let them be and then blame them later when they end up as the failures we let them be because we can romanticize them as "rebels".
>>
>>6690904
You don't need studies to see hypocrisy and logical flaws, do you suffer from stupidity disease?

By that metric, if you can turn natural human derivation of thought into sickness, then being poor is sickness. So's being black, or muslim, or atheist, or female. Being anything that any person doesn't want you to be can make your life worse and hurt your ability to function in society - so it's a sickbess to not appease everyone.

Since when did human beings exist for society's sake anyway? You have statist disease, good sir.
>>
>>6690915
Being a criminal is, in my subjective opinion, A FUCKING CHOICE, NOT THE UNAVOIDABLE CONSEQUENCE OF FAILING TO TREAT SOME IMAGINARY DISEASE.

People deserve the freedom to live their own lives for themselves. Viewing the exercise of this freedom as a disease is dehumanizing, as it shits all over the agency of human beings as autonomous individuals.
>>
>>6690924
To expand on this, your ridiculous application of the term "disease" and "sickness" to everything that might not fit in well with society, is far too easily abused. Why, Hitler wasn't perpetrating a holocaust at all! He was curing europeans of the Judaism Disease via Zyklon B therapy!
>>
>>6690932
>incorrect applications of this concept invalidate its utility
>>
>>6690934
No, I'm pointing out how applying the concept of sickness to the human mind is already a dehumanizing and abusive misuse of the concept of sickness. Shame on you.

Slavery also had immense utility, but it was dehumanizing and thus all those pro-slavers in the south got gunned down like they deserved ;3

I'm not saying that there arent behaviours that can be considered bad, or harmful even, but that's just your opinion, or society's opinion, not objective fact. A phd doesnt gibe you the power to turn your opinions into fact, and it shouldn't give you the practical power to destroy another person's life by depriving them if their autonomous personhood and liberty.
>>
>>6690955
god, you sound exactly like the kind of trans "ally" who runs around claiming trans people don't need any treatment because they only suffer because of society and they should learn to accept their bodies as they are.
there's literally no use in arguing with you any more because you continue to refuse to understand what a sickness is and that it is not devaluing anything. a sickness means suffering! exactly the same as with physical sicknesses. the patient reports to suffer from a sickness. you are literally saying that this group of people who suffer from a certain condition shouldn't be helped because your ideology demands their suffering is just natural human deviation. what do you tell to people who were born with birth defects that need treatment? that their crippled foot which makes walking a pain is just natural human deviation and treating it would be dehumanizing? it's literally the same thing in that the person wants and needs help/treatment. the people you are advocating for would love to lynch you for the bullshit you are spouting.
>>
>>6690955
Your opinions are uninformed and illogical. It seems like you continue to intentionally misunderstand what an illness is so you can make stupid arguments like the one about slavery. You also know nothing about the disorders you're discussing but pretend you do.
Psychology is pseudoscience, but that doesn't mean treatment doesn't help people. It does. But there's no point arguing with someone like you who has clearly already decided on their rebellious little opinion in advance, is there?
>>
Yeah,I once masturbated 16 times in a row(I had to do it first 3 times If it didn't feel "right",then 6,then 9 etc.coz of OCD......The sad part is,I'm not even lying.
>>
Depressive disorder
Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Co-morbid avoidant personality disorder with borderline personality disorder
>>
>>6688767
Rehab resistend medical/clinical depression.
since 13 years (since I was 5) I had 20 different psychologists, all diagnosed me with untreatable depression. Went to ECT, Ketamin therapy, lithium treatment etc... nothing worked
>>
>>6688823
Parroting this. Looking back, the system failed me. They had no reason to back in the 90s, but the memes I used to spout off about wanting to be a girl couldn't possibly have been missed as anything but Trans. They fucking screen for this in school district near my house for 2nd graders now.
>>
>>6691369
what is ketamine treatment? I've heard they used it against depression but wasn't sure how true that was.
same as you been seeing a shrink since age 5.
had so many diagnosis,bipolar,depression,clinical,bipolar,schizophrenia,aspergers,this that the other.
half the time I think there's nothing with most of us and they (the shrinks) are the most ...unwell....seeking a labelfor those with a personality that is in any way different to the norm.
>>
File: why-00057.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
why-00057.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
PTSD
Bipolar (I think it's a misdiagnosis)
Depression
AVPD (Undiagnosed, but 100% I have this)

I think avoiding works out pretty well however. I don't see any point in changing.
>>
>>6691122
There is objectively harmful derivation of the physical body, and that's illness. However there are also derivations like black skin that are harmful in some societies, but shouldn't be called sickness because it's stigmatizing and insulting at best. A human fundamentally has the freedom to choose, to make their own decisions in their life. Labelling certain thoughts arbitrarily as "sickness" is to stigmatize and dehumanize the person who holds those thoughts.
A free person chooses crime and accepts tje consequences. A non-person suffers from conduct disorder and isn't even given the dignity of having ade their own choice.

>>6691197
Insulting me or my arguments doesnt actually refute them.
I'm not saying that people who have mental "illness" don't deserve the offer of help - they definitely do. The issue is that calling the thoughts that are both derived from and a part of them "sickness" is dehumanizing and in conflict with their dignity as autonomous human beings.
>>
>>6691864
sure you can look at it from one single philosophical perspective and ignore the reality. decisions aren't being made in a vaccum. they are heavily influenced by nurture and circumstances. nature probably too. true freedom of choice likely doesn't exist.
people are being held responsible for their actions. most people who do crimes are very likely not diagnosed with a mental illness. only certain mental illnesses exempt you from consequences of your actions and if that happens you are likely so mentally instabil that a close relative or the government will be made your guardian for your own safety. some people barely have the "dignity" of remembering to take off their pants before sitting on the toilet.
a person can suffer and be driven to crimes through mental illnesses just like a person can be driven to crimes through poverty and peer-pressure.
a mental illness does never devote someone of their status of being a human being. period.
>>
>>6688767
Aspergers Syndrome
>>
>>6691991
Personhood, in its common conception, usually includes both the ability to choose (free choice) and me,bership of the human race.
You can have the philosophical point of view that free will doesn't exist, but then that imvalidates quite literally all of morality from crime and punishment. As a physical engine acting without free will, youre lower than most people consider animals, and more akin to a robot. robots arent people, and you can do whatever you want to non-people as evidenced by the journals of Himmler.
>>
>>6692037
>Personhood
like i said only extreme cases of mental illnesses take away your right to choose for your self.
sure, but it really doesn't matter what kind of philosphical view you take because we are here talking about real people with real problems in the real world and the stuff you say has absolutely nothing to do with it. have you just started studying philosophy or why are you so focused on it?
>>
>>6692086
Black people have real problems in the real world. Jews have real problems in the real world. We still refrain from pathologizing the causes of those problems because we respect fellow human beings as autonomous persons.

Except for the extremes of brain damage, I'd argue that mental "illness" doesnt hurt real-life free will any more than sanity does. You'll say they can't stop being "ill," but you yourself can't stop being sane!
>>
>>6692151
>You'll say they can't stop being "ill
yes, actually they can. depression can be permanent but it can go away too. mental illness is a huge af category with tons of very different illnesses.
> I'd argue that mental "illness" doesnt hurt real-life free will
well, you'd argue wrong. dementia can heavily impact the ability to care for yourself. some mental illnesses do hurt your ability to think so heavily you can't make choices for your own anymore.
>Black people have real problems in the real world. Jews have real problems in the real world
and now you've completely lost your point. what?
you're just completely incapable of understanding that humans are animals and that there can be something wrong with your brain physically and mentally. if you hear voices or see stuff that isn't there then you're brain very clearly malfunctions. the brain is an organ just like your heart and both can be sick. sometimes through a birth defect, sometimes because of negative circumstances/nurture, sometimes because you don't care enough for yourself. sometimes it can heal completely, sometimes the symptoms can only be relieved. sometimes not even that.
i'm going to go now. you're clearly so fixed on this "semantics are a danger to free will" and "mental illness = bad" that you are completely ignoring the reality of things.
>>
File: tiny pupper.jpg (33KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
tiny pupper.jpg
33KB, 480x720px
PTSD. OCD. Social anxiety disorder.
>>
Major Depressive Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder. Two disorders with a high suicide rate plus I'm a tranny. Fuck my life.
>>
>>6692418
dang, you should be killing yourself like one and a half times.
jokes aside statistics really don't mean anything for an individual. don't get hung up on it.
>>
>>6690431
Wow, you were in the military at 14?
>>
>>6692573
No, I got ptsd from my home and school life.
>>
>>6692690
,':^)
>>
>>6692690
he's bitch-boy who's life is based around kissing the ass and boots of """veterans""" and who thinks you can only get PTSD from pretending to get hurt from raping and killing ten year old Arab girls, just ignore him.
>>
>>6688767
assburgers
>>
ADHD, anxiety, trichotillomania, and depression, diagnosed in that order.

ADHD is neurological, not a result of bad parenting. A lot of the latter diagnoses are secondary to it, because of the ways it fucks with my life. I started pulling out my hair when my dad divorced my shitty stepmother.
>>
>>6692729
I'm no war supporter but you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>6692690
So, you got 'traumatised' from life? What a shame. I probably deal with worse than you went through on a daily basis.
>>
I have been diagnosed of gender disphoria and so,still no HRT because I got falsely diagnosed a schizoid personality disorder,still working to take that out of my medical report,lel
>>
>>6695471
Prove me wrong. It's been shown time and time again the soldiers are mentally deficient retards who are hand picked for the job just for being fucking retarded. They're entitled idiots who, just like police officers, rape and kill women and men every they go and then expect people to kiss their ass (which apparently you do) just for sitting on their usuless fucking army base. Grow up.
>>
ADHD-C, major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder comorbid with gender dysphoria, and bipolar tendencies, though not officially diagnosed as such. I also have an IQ of roughly 145 and I'm pretty sure demons are real. My brain is, uh, interesting.
>>
Borderline personality disorder and anorexia reporting in.
>>
Everyone on 4chins has depression or anxiety, it's the new meme illness to be cool, like add/adhd was in the past.
Sad? Depression.
Lazy? Depression.
Nervous? Anxiety.
Worried? Anxiety.
Everyone has them nowadays.

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, told my doc to shove it and stopped seeing them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>6697826
Tumblr is probably missing you right about now.
>>
>>6688767
i've been diagnosed with OCD and ADHD at first when i was at elementary school but the psych who evaluated my qEEG said there's ASD to blame
then of course GID because tranny but i don't understand my body anyway so im fucked regardless of HRT
>>
>>6697842
I forgot to add, PTSD and OCD are also popular meme diagnosis that most people who claim to have it actually don't.
>>
>>6697848
I don't follow.

>>6697842
ADHD is a fucking hassle to live with. I'd trade all the prescription stimulants in the world to not have to deal with all the averse effects.
>>
I most likely have several mental health disorders. My distrust of therapists, counselors, and psychologists is based on experience though, so I don't see myself "seeking help" any time soon. Self-reliance is a thing, I guess. The last therapist I had told me that I was going to die young because I'm left-handed. I actually pulled up the BBC article that talked about the study that refuted the bad stats in the study she mentioned without citing. You should never tell a patient crap like that though. That wasn't the only thing she did, though. She also attempted conversion therapy without consent and played fast and loose with confidentiality rules. Never again. That evil bitch can fucking rot. She later stalked me on Facebook, so it was kind of creepy.

In my experience, books and the internet are more helpful than therapists.
>>
>>6697925
>fucking with confidentiality

Sue her ass for malpractice and keep spreading the word. Make her practice fucking barren of clients because everyone knows she's a shithead.

I'd probably just stab her if I were you though.
>>
>>6697842
I agree with you mostly.

I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder. When my first doctor and neurologist told me this i refused medication. I did every single thing right that could have naturally fixed it, exercise, diet, sleep, etc.

I started having "seizures" in my sleep and became completely manic and out of reality completely and terrified. The only thing that has "fixed" me is the medication ive been on ever since. Some people are genuinely fucked up, others like to brag about having mental illnesses when they have no idea.
>>
>>6697943
You know, it's sad that there are laws that protect people like her. She was a pretty sneaky bitch. She would often not directly reveal info about others but would give me enough so I could come to my own conclusion. If I tried to sue her, I'd probably end up dragged through the mud myself. Therapists have a lot of undue power and influence in our society and over people. There are a few good ones out there who really understand people, but they are in the minority. The rest are just hacks who went into the field because they couldn't graduate with any other degree. It's like majoring in communication or peace studies for them. Most sad thing: they make tens of thousands off their bullshit. It's like nothing real and valuable gets money in US society any longer. Screw or be screwed. Bullshit is the only thing that will always pay. "There's a sucker born every minute."
>>
>>6697842
hurr durr people couldnt possibly know themselves
hurr durr only people who see doctors are depressed/anxious kuz doctors create illness or some shit

>you sound lie a miserable cunt
my brother has ADD. he actually has that shit 100% for real, was a total jackass child and btw those people suffer because they are forced to take amphetamines all day. But yea shit doesnt exist/ is a meme.
>>
>>6698043
It's a meme with a pretty good background. Ever heard of Thomas Szasz?
>>
>>6698065

If you're going to argue Szasz, you should argue against a mental disorder that doesn't have an obvious and well established neurological basis like ADHD.
>>
>>6697842
>borderline personality disorder

DISGUSTING
>>
>>6698095
Neurological basis is bullshit though, everything in your mind has a neurological basis, and nobody perfectly understands the brain.
>>
>>6699172

ADHD is probably the single most well understood of any common psychiatric diagnosis, and it's not particularly close. You wanna argue personality disorders are bull? I'm almost there with you, but the science behind ADHD is pretty damn well established and stimulants are pretty much the ideal drug for the condition.
>>
>>6688767
No despite being trans
>>
>>6699220
Not that adhd doesnt exist, but that it's not inherently a bad thing. Circumstantially it could be a benefit or a detriment. Merely having an observable neurological cause doesn't make it any more an illness than bravery or patience or anything else that exists in the mind.
>>
>>6699896

Oh yeah I agree completely. I'd say I like having ADHD overall, except for the part where society is incompatible with me and I have to take stimulants every day just to function. But that's getting into disability theory and all that.
>>
I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and ADHD-I. I swallow a cocktail of medications everyday (Vyvanse, Wellbutrin, Ambien, Diazepam, Topiramate) and so many other medications that I take (Humira, Methotrexate, and Fioricet with Codeine).

I probably will not survive until age 50, although otherwise I am in extremely good health. These disorders really haven't affected my life. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 13 while getting 1st honors, and I only have stayed in hospitals once (O.D) and my Generalized Anxiety Disorder doesn't affect my social life. I have two sides of me; the brain fucked, and the fun-loving talkative gay man. I also suffered from Bullimia Nervosa in my teenage years but I grew out of that.
>>
File: 1470609011159.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1470609011159.gif
871KB, 245x230px
therapist my school made me see called me a narcissistic sociopath or some shit then tried to take me away from my mother
>>
>>6688767
Gay male here.
Diagnosed with:
>Age 11 - learning disability
>Age 18 - severe depression
>Age 24 - ADHD

And no the learning disability doesn't mean I'm dumb. It just means i take longer to do things (which sucks). When people complain that I'm too slow i want to gouge thier fucking eyes out. I graduated highschool in the top of my class and continued on to university.
>>
>>6688767
Why yes. But I'm french so, the shrink probably exagerated it so he could hook me up on pills.
>>
Bipolar, ADHD, substance abuse disorder and an eating disorder.
>>
I'm schizoid with a few schizotypal symptoms.
Now back to /x/ with the rest of the lunatics.
>>
>>6708290
"Twenny first century schitzoid man"
>>
>>6708290
I like /x/, I think that board has a lot of clever folks.
>>
>>6688767
depression, ADHD, and anxiety.
and GID
>>
I have been, at different times, diagnosed with: Generalized Anxiety disorder, Social anxiety disorder, Asperger's/autism spectrum disorder, OCD, Clinical Depression, Panic disorder, and Gender dysphoria.

All of those except for gender dysphoria were diagnosed before I was 15. I don't really agree with the autism diagnosis or the OCD, I think they were just mistaking other developmental issues, anxiety, and dysphoria.
Depression, unfortunately, runs in both sides of my family. I've had it really badly since elementary school. I've been medicated for it since I was in 3rd grade.

Looking back, the first time I tried to kill myself through passive action was when I was 9. I stopped drinking water, and got really sick and hid it from my parents until I had to be hospitalized. In addition to a high fever and strep throat of some sort, I was severely dehydrated (obvious) and had to be put on fluids intravenously.

I've gotten medical treatment for depression and anxiety, to various degrees of success and I have been in therapy/counseling pretty much constantly since I was 7 or so. I got therapy for PTSD symptoms from being raped as a teen and sexually exploited as a child, but I was never officially diagnosed with it.
>>
In chronological order; Social anxiety, Gender identity disorder, Bipolar disorder, Post traumatic stress disorder, and now they're working on *opathy but I'm not feeling it.
>>
I have brain damage but that's not really a mental illness. Aspergers? My dad is full-on schizo but has never been diagnosed or treated, he's now 60 and tearing his own life apart with his delusions. I'm worried it's been passed on to me and my sister in a lesser form. Currently seeking assessment on the NHS for schizotypal disorder and PTSD.

People always tell me IRL that there's something 'off' about me they can't quite put their finger on. Even close friends lol. I've been told my eyes are intimidating sometimes. Sucks to have always been conspicuous even when I don't want to be. Also an early-stages tranny.
>>
>>6718453
sunken eyes, strong chin and jaw, high cheek bones, pronounced brow

you look like a fucking serial killer lmao
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.