[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is /lgbt/ opinion about pansexuality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

File: pansexuality is a memesexuality.png (289KB, 621x525px) Image search: [Google]
pansexuality is a memesexuality.png
289KB, 621x525px
It is a legitimate orientation? or just bisexuality for special snowflakes?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10913260/

i am bisexual and i never found a reason to consider pansexuality nothing more than bisexuality for tumblrinas.
>>
>>6674353
Would you fuck a trans girl or a trans boy? Only real reason for the label.
>>
>>6674355
yes, and for my experience bi people are more open to fuck and date trans people than homos and heteros.

and yes, i would fuck many "gender queers" if i find them hot, in general androginy for my is hot, and to some extent i believe in the existence of "the third gender between men and woman".
>>
>>6674353
If I'm going by the old definition that I learned "Attracted to personalities rather than sexes" I'd say it's bisexuality for women or men who are extra feminized.
>>
>>6674355
there's lesbians dating trans girls, and gays dating trans boys, be willing to date trans people or not don't change your sexual orientation.

about gender specials i don't know what think, i only knows that when i find something hot, i find it hot and i want to fuck and be fucked by that person.
>>
>>6674353
Ketchup, Catsup
>>
>>6674353
It's a sexuality that explicitly calls out the existence of NB people and includes them. It's as legitimate as those people.
>>
>>6674389
Which is to say, not at all.
>>
>>6674389
>implying that exist more genders than men and women.

genderspecials are funny.
>>
>>6674353
>>6674355
>>6674368

>>6673322

>>6674382
Also this.

Pan people are just trying to be special snowflakes. Bi = Pan people and if a bi person doesnt want to date a trans person then they just have a prefrence. You dont see gays who only date femguys calling them self something else other than gay and you don't see lesbians who only date butch dykes calling them self something other than lesbian.

As for non-binary, they are still biologically male or female, but if a Bi person wont date them then they just have a personality preference.
>>
Nope, pansexual is just a bisexual who is kind enough to have a big red flag saying "I'm an insufferable cunt, don't talk to me".
>>
>>6674563
This poster knows whats up.
We shouldn't need yet another god damned label just because some bisexual people don't like to fuck trannies. That's just their preference and doesn't define all bisexuals and doesn't make trans people not men or women either, with those into them needing their own special orientation.
Pansexual is literally just a buzz-word used to virtue-signal and show how oh so inclusive/mentally ill/deep into tumblr you are.
>>
>>6674596
An interesting way to turn it on people:
If a person says they are pan, ask them what makes them different than biscum.

If they answer with something about dating trans people, then ask them why they feel the need to distinguish between trans people and cis people. Why they gotta isolate them into a different group.

If they answer with dating non binary, ask them why a persons gender expression distinguishes them from cis people and if that means gays shouldn't date fem guys or lesbians shouldn't date dykes.

Watch their argument crumble.
>>
>>6674635
>If they answer with dating non binary, ask them why a persons gender expression distinguishes them from cis people
NB trans people are not exclusively about gender expression, but rather identify outside of or across the gender binary.

It's an active show of respect for their identities in language, and unambiguous inclusion in the person's sexuality.

Your follow-up to that question presupposes that NB people identify as GNC men and women exclusively as a "gotcha", and this is not the case.
>>
>>6674700
It is still such a small and specific differentiation that seems needless. If Bi people only want to date gender conforming men and/or women then that is a preference of gender expression.

A "pan" person who dates men, women and NB, is just a bi person (someone who likes either sex) that doesnt have that preference.

I go back to my point about gays. Gays who only date men of a certain gender expression are still gay. Gays who date any and all men are also still gay. I dont see why bi / pan are to be seen any different.

The only way some "other" sexuality would make sense is if it was someone who exclusively dated NB or third-gender.
>>
in practice they mean the same thing, but its in their definition that they differ, which would lead some to choose to describe themselves and pansexual over bisexual

bisexual means attracted to both males and females
this, even though usually referring to biological sex, can imply a strict binary system of gender by its very nomenclature, which may oppose some peoples views

pansexual means your attractions are not based on any notion of biological sex, gender identity, or gender expression

this distinction ultimately matters, at least to me, as pansexual is more of a loose label that when you explain it, seems to not be necessary at all, because it doesnt matter, you are just attracted to everyone
>>
sexual orientation is a social construct therefor none of your arguments are based on any sort of facts and you are all massive faggots for giving a fuck about any of this
>>
>>6674756
You're falling back on expression again. It's not about that. NB people face a huge amount of marginalization both within society at large and the LGBTetc... community, and their identities are rarely represented and frequently actively disrespected. This thread isn't an example of 4chan being especially awful - comments like these are ubiquitous.

So language that is explicitly inclusive IS conveying specific meaning, and these attempts to make light of and dismiss that message follow naturally from an adamant refusal to respect NB identities, and an extreme and political affiliation with the 'bisexual' label.

If a person believes that's an important distinction for them to make, why are YOU so invested in demeaning and interrogating them until they fall in line with your preferred terms?
>>
My view on identities and whether or not their valid has always been some what pragmatic. In my eyes,if the only thing your gender/sexuality is going to affect is what goes on in your head and doesn't really affect the partner you choose or how society treats you (and no,not believing in your nonsense gender isn't oppressing you)
If you are homosexual,you're likely to shack up with the same sex,if your bi,its a roll of the die. Trannys get a sex change,or crossdress. But what fucking changes if you have no genders? Or both genders? Or you fluctuate between the two? Absolutely fucking nothing. At least if you're a transtrender man,you might crossdress and then it would mean something in the eyes of society and in your own personal life. When you fuck a tranny,you are still fucking a man or a woman physically speaking. I consider myself quite faggoty, but i'd fuck a tranny or a crossdresser, as long as their dick worked. On the subject of transtrenders,why does what one believes about themself affect what you find physically attractive about them.

Tl;dr: most NB geders are nonsensical garbage. Pansexuality is just bisexualils attention seeking because everyone wants to be oppressed.

Tumblr gtfo.
>>
>>6675153
why even post? you arent special, your shitty bigoted views have been parroted over and over
>>
>>6675318
>>tumblr this is way.
>>
>>6675318
Elaborate. Don't just go "I'm triggered" and leave it at that. I want to know how I'm wrong.
>>
>>6674353
Pansexual is a label used by ignorant retards.

If you're bi, you like both men and women.

If you're FTM, you're a man.
If you're MTF, you're a woman.

If you don't like transfolk, that's a prereference.

Using pansexual because you like transfolk perpetuates the whole non-binary bullshit.
>>
people post all this shit and dont even know what the definition of pansexual is lmao
>>
>>6675057
Of course I'm falling back on gender expression. People who identify as NB are still either biologically male or female, you can't biologically by non binary.
They express as NB or genderfluid or third gender in whatever way they percieve that as.

Again, bi people like dicks and vagina. If they only like dick and vagina that also says they are dick-human or vagina-human then that's a preference. If they also fuck dicks and vaginas that are NB or genderfluid then that means they are open to whatever.

Likewise, a gay guy can suck a NB or genderfluid dick and still is a gay guy, doesn't make him some additional sexuality. If a gay guy only wants to suck dick that says they are dick-human then that's a preference.

If you like any and everyone, you are bisexual. Ironically almost every pan person I've met prefer to or exclusively date trans, NB, & genderfluid, so like I said prior wouldn't it make most sense to have pan mean only dating non standard genders? Fucking any and every one is what bi people already do, just because some in the community choose to have preferences doesn't mean fracturing the community to feel special is the right answer.
Again, you don't see this kind of pedantic differentiation in the other sexuality groups. It's like saying gays who only date twinks calling themselves faggot-sexual and gays who fuck anything with a dick supergaysexual. It's a needless fracturing of the community and saying you're pan because you like anyone, which many bi people already do, then it's a needless fracturing.

The only place making a differentiation makes sense it's if pan means only trans, NB, genderfluid etc.
>>
>>6677414
>>6674899
>>
>>6677414
>>6677428
>>6677433
either strive for accuracy or dont use labels at all
those are your only options
>>
>>6677420
the fact that you think people striving for more accurate labels is somehow fracturing the "community"
if it was actually a community you woldnt be shitting on everyone slightly different than you
>>
>>6677456
ok
yes?
that has nothing to do with what i said
the definitions for pansexual and bisexual are different
>>
>>6677464
see >>6677441
>>
>>6677490
you dont get to decide whats necessary

if someone thinks a certain label doesnt fit them, then they can choose to reject labels, or find one that fits them
>>
>>6677565
not in the context of someones identity, but its already very obvious from your posts that you dont give a fuck about peoples sense of identity and are just an asshole
>>
>>6677613
same
keep spouting your obnoxious beliefs so i know to avoid you
>>
>>6674931
Underrated post.
>>
>>6677420
>biologically male or female
chances are you aren't biologically male or female. your ability to produce viable sperm or eggcells defines you as biologically male or female.
>>
>>6677420
>>6677918
and of course you can be physiquely non-binary. it's called intersex.
>>
>>6677928
*physically
goddammit, it's too early in the morning.
>>
>>6677455
>more accurate lables
At some point there reaches needless excessivity though. Like i said, If pan people want to feel the need to disginguish themselves from bi people, then why dont we have different labels for people to cling to for every minutiae of difference? I'm for the promotion of including people into the communities that already fit their sexuality at large, its people like you that seem to insist on making divisive rhetoric and us vs them mentality.

>>6677918
>your ability to produce viable sperm or eggcells defines you
Hahaha no
Ever heard of chromosomes nigger?
Apparently you think infertile women are not biologically female, what a time to be alive! Truly the high point of equality.

>>6677928
0.00001% of the population warrants an entire sexuality classification to include them despite many people already wanting to fuck them anyway?
>>
>>6677966
>0.00001% of the population warrants an entire sexuality classification to include them despite many people already wanting to fuck them anyway?
so that they don't feel ostracized? sure, why not? it's just a word you drama queen. btw estimations are intersex happens in about 1:500 to 1:5000 births (statistics aren't really conclusive because kids had surgeries and nobody kept record of them and stuff. so most were just categorized in either sex) so i don't really know what you are trying to say with that number?
>>
>>6674355
"Pan" means they're bisexual, though they do try to play it off that they'll fuck anything that moves, masc dude, to feminine pretty girl.

A straight guy doesn't become "pansexual" just because he's fine with dating trans girls.
>>
File: 1469684891430.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
1469684891430.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>6674389
ahahahaha point and laugh
>>
Pansexuals are just a bunch of transphobic pieces of shit who don't think trans people are actually the gender they present themselves as, see >>6674355

A MtF is not actually a female to them, for example, while a bisexual person wouldn't make such a distinction.
>>
>>6678363
Some bisexual people would make the distinction and some wouldn't. That is the thing about identities.
>>
>>6674353
The distinction is there for practical reasons, not identity ones.
>>
>>6678363
This

Bisexuals are all "I like girls and boys"

Pansexuals are all "I like girls and boys AND those weird freaks"
>>
I'm Bi and I specifically chose to be because it describes the type of person I wish to be involved with. Someone who strictly defines themselves as masculine or feminine and does not change from one to the other.

I wouldn't begrudge a person for stating Bi and not conforming to my definition as it is easier to describe at a conversational level. However it has been my experience so far that those who describe themselves as Pan either have some gender fluidity to them self, being polite to the gender spectrum or involved with someone with gender fluidity.

I'm sure that there are exceptions to these huge broad strokes I'm making however from my perspective it's easy to use the broad term Bi and if you are specifically interested in gender fluidity use Pan. In the end however if anyone ever gets the two mixed up I personally don't feel it really matters I'm more interested in a person than a label.
>>
>>6678363
But most bi people just consider MtFs to be a subset of males instead of females. Look at chasers if you don't believe me.
>>
>>6674931
This
>>
>>6684631
And who decided for all bisexuals that they cant sleep with freaks?
>only pansexuals say that shit. Its a totally made up distinction
>>
>>6674353
same fucking thing pansexual is tumblard speak
>>
>>6675057
fuck off back to tumblr hambeast
>>
Tbh I don't give a fuck what anyone calls themselves. You could identify as an attack helicopter, it's not any of my business.
>>
Really made me want ketchup this picture... Haven't had it in months. With some nice fries... mmmmm...
>>
>>6674353
Pansexuality is a way that memesexuality (i.e. bisexuals) found to become more meme.
>>
>>6674382
Yeah there's a good chunk of gay and lesbian people that are cool with a trans partner, but there's an equal amount that are disgusted with the idea. Pan is a pretty convenient label to let people know you're cool with it.
>>
It's really fucking tryhard. Most people don't write off trans/genderqueer/whatever people off the bat, they decide on a case-by-case basis. And trans people are such a small minority of the population that changing your sexuality to explicitly acknowledge them just comes off as something you're doing for social justice brownie points.
>>
>>6685323
This. (what would that make you tho ? Apachesexual ?)
>>
I'm pan but I not pan becas I would ate transforms (I consider them male/female) I pan because I define it as liking people without taking into account their gender/genitals basically I date people cos I like them and don't give a shit bout their gender/genitals
>>
>>6678363
Thisss
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10923859/r
http://www.strawpoll.me/10923859/r
>>
>>6684699
Chasers are not proof that most or even a third of all bi people consider MtF's to be a subset of male. Until you can provide us with statistics on the number of chasers in the bi community who still consider transwomen to be some kind of man then all you're doing is speculating
>>
>>6691078
Haha yeah bisexual totally only care about genitals and aren't normal people capable of normal relationships amirite
>>
I'm straight, but I've always thought bisexuality was that you were attracted to either gender, but still attracted to physical appearance.
And pansexuality was that you don't care about physical attractiveness and are attracted to their character.
>>
>>6691329
In response to him (same guy), would it technically be "gay" to have sex with a M-F transsexual (after surgery)? I never have, but if they went through with the surgery, and I am attracted to them, I would still classify them as a female.
>>
>>6691329
What you are describing is a demisexaul... no really its a thing.
>>
>>6691341
I've always felt they were pretty much the same thing. But again, there are like 1000 different sexualities.
>>
>>6691333
Honestly it really only depends on if your comfortable with it or not
>>
>>6691347
Really there are only 4 that are common enough to matter and aren't special snowflake bullshit or simply outliers, and they are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual and asexual, everything else is really just a subset of one of those.
>>
>>6678363
Exactly this. Everyone who wants to consider trans people as a new gender just fucks them over.
>>
The scene (gay/lgbt scene) has a lot to answer for, scratch the surface and there's a lot of prejudice , there are these two people I know ,a drag queen and a lesbian,both queer or whatever,both like each other but can't get with each other because there's this backward vibe, is that every country? this is UK/Ireland I'm talking about.
Also was told there was no such thing as non-binary.
Curious to hear if this is an attitude that's commonplace.
>>
File: 1632804.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1632804.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>6691415
>Also was told there was no such thing as non-binary.
Pure facts though
>>
>>6691415
I'm straight and have no idea what the fuck the difference between Queer and Gay is.
>>
>>6691438
I'm gay and neither do I , words, labels.
>>
>>6691438
gay is a sexual orientation. queer is politics
>>
>>6691803
isn't queer something else, too (& I don't mean the etymology, "odd", or whatever it is) like political, it's a perspective, sensibility, lifestyle, anything that deviates from the cultural heteronormative hegemonic, well that's how I see it any way.
>>
File: 1463662075734.jpg (358KB, 800x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1463662075734.jpg
358KB, 800x1077px
>>6674353
In the world of the mentally ill liberals, there has been a competition to be more snowflakey and virtuous than everyone else for longer than some of you have been alive.

Some twenty years ago "vegan" was the big craze in this area. What was vegan for most people? "I'm better than a vegetarian." It was the liberal claptrap one snowflake invented to be better than the rest of the snowflakes among their snowflake society.

"Oh, yeah... I'm a vegetarian."

"Oh... ok, yeah, you're trying. I'm actually a veeeeeeegan..." with a smug smirk, knowing that they just BTFO of some poser who wasn't as noble as they were. Vegetarian was "Vegan Lite" so the vegan claimed moral superiority over their lesser.

Then even vegans started one-upping each other, with "levels" of veganitinity. "Oh, you still eat things that cast a shadow? How... quaint. I'm a level 9 vegan. Few people can handle such a lifestyle, but I'm just so much more virtuous than most."

Of course, most of them were just lying. This same twenty-some years ago I ran into multiple "(smug smug) Oh, I'm actually a veeeeegan, I'm much more noble than you bee-harmers..." cunts that would still eat fish. Or eggs. Like... bitch, that isn't even strict vegetarian, but they needed a snowflake meme to be even more snowflaky than the rest of the snowflakes. It's how these genetic wastes compete for status.

Pans? Just more virtue-signaling among the mentally ill liberals and their virtue cult. They need to be "better than bis."

"Oh... you only have sex with two genders? Muhmn muhmn muhmn... well, I suppose a bigot can get away with that. I'm actually enlightened enough to have sex with 147 different genders... and most animals..."

... and some other blue-haired cunt at the party with a gauge in her nose large enough to pass a coke can through will huff and hork... "UGH! Only SOME animals?! I'm an Omnisexual, you fucking SPECIESIST!" knowing she just signaled the shit out of that bitch.
>>
>>6691195
Well most people consider MtFs to be men. That's a proven fact. It's only logical to assume that the majority of bi people consider MtFs to be either a third sex or just a very feminine group of males. You don't even have to look at chasers, just look at the typical bi thread and ask them what they think. Most will not consider them female.
>>
>>6674355
Isn't that just frtishizing trans men and women? I thought that most trans people just want to be seen as the gender with which they identify rather than fetish fuel for trans chasers.
>>
>>6691415
>>6691438
>>6691442
>>6691803
>>6691867
As far as I know, it's an umbrella buzzword that people like to use to set them apart from being straight or cis. A lot of people in my university use it and it's honestly really pretentious.
>>
>>6674353
Love it. Don't care to hear more. Someone identifies with it, I know they're fair game to "flirt" with. It isn't a DTF label but it might as well be on a soul level.
>>
File: 1470569198706.png (170KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470569198706.png
170KB, 375x500px
>>6696114
yes, a lot os transgender people hate "pansexuality" for that reason.
>>
>>6674563
seems legit
>>
I'm a bi tranny and I don't mind it. To most people they think "oh they're just bi" but to passing trannies it's nice to know that they're likely more open to a relationship with a tranny than a bi person.
>>
Bisexuals are attracted to masculinity and also attracted to femininity. For pansexuals, masculinity and femininity don't even go into the equation of whether they're attracted to someone.
>>
>>6674931
A WINRAR IS YOU!
>>
I'm fine with it.

My first-and-only ex claimed that she was pan. She now claims that she is demi,which confused me at the time, as I had been lead to believe that if someone was Demisexual, it meant that they were Grey-Ace (aka that "low" part of "low to no sexual arousal" definition of Asexuality). Turns out that is it more tumblrinaish than I thought. Demis are only attracted to those they feel close to (in other words, the perfect response to those who claim that they are constantly friend-zoned)

If I could change my sexual and romantic preferences, I'd want to be Pan, as it seems to be the ultimate expression of "love is love"
>>
>>6674353
>It is a legitimate orientation?
no, it's not an orientation, it's just a view on gender
it's bisexuals who don't see genders, not a separate sexuality
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.