[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2KB, 56x76px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2KB, 56x76px
HOW THE FUG AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE A NEW NAME FOR MYSELF
>>
>>6654324
aiden
>>
>>6654324
just make your old name sound feminine/masculine
>>
>>6654324
Ask your parents what they would have named you if you were born the opposite gender. I went with that because it's the most natural.
>>
>>6654557
This! It's what I did, anyway.

Problem with this method is that it's more geared toward people who have supportive parents.
>>
>>6654557
>tfw my parents were legit going to name me jayden
>>
Look up popular names from your place of birth in your year of birth to get a basic idea of what would be common.

Ask a trusted friend what they think.
>>
>>6654327

What's your dead name?
>>
>>6654857
cara
>>
>>6654557
>>6654830
>Problem with this method is that it's more geared toward people who have supportive parents.
or parents who aren't immigrants. mine were Chinese immigrants and were going to pick a german sounding obscure name that no one has because they didnt know any better.

not saying its wrong to do it or anything but people who go on about how "its natural and the best" and that everyone should do it and if you dont you're a dirty dirty hon bother me
>>
>>6654852
You must be very young with some regrettably bad name choosing parents.

>>6654830
If one can't get a good name out of your parents, go with a name you like and that fits out of the top 100 baby names (of your target gender) for your birth year in your country like >>6654853 said.
>>
>find list of most popular names for year you were born
>put all the ones you like in a hat
>gather your friends
>play pin the tail on the hon
>the name that is closest to your tailbone is your new name
>>
>>6655772
You're putting words in my mouth buddy. Obviously if your parents picked a very shit or unfitting name, due to retardation or naivety, you shouldn't go with it.

As a general rule though, it will work for the vast majority of people whose parents will answer and who had a name for both sexes picked out.

Bonus: my mother was touched that I went with the name she would have given me were I born the other sex. Sorry you have to miss out on that perk. Scored definite bonus points.

Also you've clearly got some baggage or anger issues or some shit. What's ticklin yer pickle? Let it out.
>>
>>6655772
It is the most natural. By nature you'd be just another 1st generation immigrant kid with a retarded name, if born the opposite sex.
>>
>>6655810
im not saying u specifically lol, its a common thing in name picking threads for people to get all wanky about how their obscure tranny name picking strategy is best
>>
>>
>>6656008
I'm "the great blueberry" hear me roar cis scum!
>>
>>6654324
It's hard, but try looking at lists of names maybe?

My dead name is Andrew, so my new one was an easy switch because you really only have to change a letter or two, and the pronunciation is similar.

I would advise against using the "masculine" or "feminine" version of your dead name though, like going Andrew to Andrea is super cheesy and makes me feel HON
>>
>>6655751

Ryan
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.