[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming out as tumblr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

File: 1403425030193.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1403425030193.png
9KB, 400x400px
How to come out as non-binary?
>>
Are you planning on taking hrt or getting surgery? if not don't there's literally no reason to come out for wanting to change your style
>>
>>6645929
Yes I intend to start HRT. I want to be androgynous, and that's not going to happen if I do nothing.
>>
>>6645949
Okay, cool then just tell people that's what's going on
Mentions a few key things
>Gender Dysphoria
>How you want to go about doing hrt and what not
>How your identity differs from an MtF or FtM
>And what you feel you need to do to feel comfortable with yourself
>>
>>6645956

>implying transtrenders experience dysphoria

why are you like this
>>
>>6645956
Thanks anon, that's helpful. I don't really want to come out to anyone so early, but I live with my parents so I'd rather tell them upfront.

>>6645980
I'm uncomfortable with my body because of my secondary sex characteristics.
>>
>>6645998

>secondary sex characteristics

that's not dysphoria

stop appropriating people's suffering

you have a different disorder, possibly AGP, possibly body dysmorphia, possibly some undiscovered thing
>>
>>6646110
>that's not dysphoria
>you have a different disorder
That's fine. I don't care what it's called. I just want to be happy with myself, and I think this will help.

>appropriating
K.
>>
>>6645871
Do what you think will make you happy, OP.

But if you don't have social issues to go with the body issues, maybe just be a boy with boobs or the girl counterpart of that (not sure where you're starting from in transition). It'll be a lot easier than being something people that encounter you in daily life don't really have any frame of reference to understand.
>>
>>6646110
>secondary sex characteristics
>like facial hair, body hair, breasts, fat distribution, skin texture, muscle distribution

>basically literally anything except for a vagina/penis

>not dysphoria

>not literally the source of the majority of most trans people's dysphoria

fuck you anon
>>
>>6646110
could you please stop playing armchair psychologist when you clearly don't know anything about it at all?
>>
>>6646282
>>6646301

the absence of dissonance and disgust with genitalia means this is not about gender but more likely aesthetics

transgender people experience dysphoria from both primary and secondary characteristics

you cannot have one without the other
(unless you are a prepubescent transitioner, in which case they are unlikely to suffer from the dysphoria caused by secondary characteristics because they never develop in a masculine manner)

a person who has always loved their penis, but hates their facial hair does not have GID

a person who feels the should have a vagina, but otherwise want to retain their masculine characteristics does not have GID (before coming on /lgbt/ i'd never heard of a FTMkin)

trans women can and often do overcome the dysphoria towards their natal genitalia, but that dysphoria must be present in the first place

the leading theory for the cause of dysphoria is that inutero the brain develops an internal body map of the gender incongruent with the genitalia they ended up developing

thus, trans women are programmed to expect to see a vagina, the only sex characteristic they can detect as a child

secondary sex characteristics cannot be programmed into this mind-body map because a fetus has not developed them yet
>>
>>6646352
there's so little we know about the brain that you can't predict brain structure to behave this exact way and only this way. we only assume that this structure plays a part in gender dysphoria but we can't draw any conclusion further than "it is something that happens pre-birth". you're overdoing it.
>>
>>6646352
and what's more important you know so little about that person any predictions you make about them are doomed from the beginning. you are forming conclusions from only very few scraps of information.
>>
what does rose have to do with being non-binary
>>
>>6646352
this, you need therapy more than using transition as a band-aid OP
>>
>>6646110
Could you at least have googled secondary sex characteristics before you put on your retard hat?
>>
>>6646352
>making such a long post just to bait

Why don't you go on /v/ if you just want to get a rise out of people?
>>
>I don't conform to typical gender roles
>THIS MUST MEAN I DON'T HAVE A GENDER

jesus christ dude chill out with your identity politics and just do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>6646352
>>6646443
durrrrrr
>>
>>6646451
>expecting me to read that poorly formatted wall of text

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>6646352
That's a lot of effort you put into posting something that came out completely retarded.
>>
File: alien fairy ghost.jpg (563KB, 1326x1326px) Image search: [Google]
alien fairy ghost.jpg
563KB, 1326x1326px
>>6646364

what person?

OP?

they've indicated they're non-binary and do not suffer from dysphoria (or at least don't know what they're dealing with)

I think the biggest issue with the latter end of the LGBTQ acronym is that most non-binaries/genderqueers/androgynes/etc ad infinum identify with the both the "transgender" and "queer" letters when they should be grouped only under the "queer" label

the genderqueers are not transitioning from one gender to another, they are destroying gender, that is the stated goal of most of them

that's perfectly acceptable, everyone should have the right to express themselves in what ever way they identify

however, to say that genderqueers share the same goals as transgender people is ludicrous

most trans people strive for acceptance by mainstream society, they want to be part of the binary, to be normal, they want all the roles that genderqueers reject as being evil

the genderqueer movement is young and idealistic, but also toxic and yes, appropriative of transgender techniques and technology

just because you wear a binder so you can be a deerboy princess doesn't mean you have any idea the pain, anguish, and sorrow unique to people with GID, the anxiety of never being accepted into the community of their true gender

genderqueers strive for isolation, to be the most unique and special

trans people want assimilation, to disappear in the crowd and forget about their past living as the wrong gender

I'm sure genderqueers suffer for being creative outcasts and have that feeling of never fitting in, that's perfectly valid, but it's not the exact same as the transgender experience. similar sure, but everyone LGBTQ is an outcast

including a pic of a genderqueer person who I think is very beautiful and has good taste, I actually do think genderqueer people are valuable to society
>>
File: 1467936487280.gif (2MB, 357x210px) Image search: [Google]
1467936487280.gif
2MB, 357x210px
>>6646673
>Most trans people strive for acceptance by mainstream society, they want to be part of the binary, to be normal, they want all the roles that genderqueers reject as being evil

The notion that all trans people agree with gender roles is absurd. Yes, trans people will generally agree that there are biological differences between genders that make them inherently different.

This is not the same thing as saying that trans people agree with societal gender roles. We do not all want to be housewives cleaning and cooking all day. A lot of us see transitioning as just something we have to do to be who we are and move on with our lives, career goals, hobbies and ambitions included.

The issue with the non binary is that no science has been conducted. We cannot yet say if or if not what they experience is gender dysphoria, but I would trust a trained psychiatrist over a random anon.

To me, whether or not you are transgender is as simple as if you experience dysphoria and if you are taking or intend to take hormonal replacement therapy.

For the record, I'm a post-op MtF who began transitioning as a teenager.
>>
File: 1455711789755.jpg (26KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
1455711789755.jpg
26KB, 480x319px
>>6645871
>non-binary
>>
File: 1448154800376.jpg (14KB, 207x212px) Image search: [Google]
1448154800376.jpg
14KB, 207x212px
>>6646697
>tfw you see a DHMIS gif

I completely agree with you

by gender roles, I meant the basic familial roles like daughter and sister, and optionally wife and/or mother not specific ones like housewife

also I did say most, not all, there are always exceptions

sorry if that wasn't clear

>I would trust a trained psychiatrist over a random anon.
as well you should, i never claimed to be an authority or expert

>transgender is as simple as if you experience dysphoria

right, but how we define dysphoria is important

the way genderqueers describe their dysphoria makes no sense to me, it's the exact same thing as being [triggered] to them and i could go on a whole spiel how that term has been grossly and wrongly co-opted by tumblr as a trauma survivor myself

if a genderqueer person were to be honest to a therapist about their identity and how they experience "dysphoria", they would not be allowed to have access to such powerful drugs

the snowflake community actively encourages people to lie to their doctors, that to me is unacceptable

it's a major issue that seems small now but will eventually come to a head and boil over with disastrous results

>For the record, I'm a post-op MtF who began transitioning as a teenager.

cool, I'm a maab woman who also transitioned as a teen
>>
>>6646916
>they would not be allowed to have access to such powerful drugs

Fuck you faggot I deserve bodily autonomy

>the snowflake community actively encourages people to lie to their doctors

Because the gatekeeping system is terrible and everyone should switch over to informed consent

>maab woman

Kek
>>
File: 1463907123603.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463907123603.gif
483KB, 243x270px
>>6646916
Well, I suppose I agree with you mostly.

I don't want to discount non binary people entirely, I feel like there are some legitimate people in there experiencing something we just can't entirely explain at this point. They shouldn't be denied HRT.

What I'm saying is we need to take it as a case-by-case basis. Hormones aren't something to be messed around with, and I'm entirely aware of Tumblr's shenanigans in their quest to feel like a minority while being an upper middle class white girl. In doing that, they often do illegitimize people who are genuinely suffering from dysphoria.

To cut to the chase here, I'm saying to keep an open mind, but be sensible and, as importantly, scientific about things.

I think we're largely on the same page here.
>>
>>6647066

>faggot
>kek @ me being intersex

classy

>"gatekeeping"
>switch over to informed consent
>informed consent
>something that still requires a doctor's guidance and monitoring
>something a doctor can only do efficiently when they have all the facts

look

encouraging, say, fourteen year old faabs with nebulous ever-evolving fantasy gender identities to lie to a doctor and start testosterone treatments which will completely and irreparably transform their bone structure and leave them infertile forever is fucked up

what happens when Ladylord Bryin Fallowfeather the Birdling's identity evolves from a male-orientated one to a less radical female-orientated one, Lord Brianna "Birdmom" Fellows, they realize they want to experience motherhood

they're still genderqueer, but a different kind now and they are stuck with a body that doesn't jive with their persona and how they want to present, the things they want out of life now they had no idea they would want at fourteen are now forever out of reach

genderqueer identities are wild cards, unresearched and unstable

>>6647289

yes, I think so too

which is why it's so important that nb kids STOP lying to their doctors and psychiatrists

it's only a detriment to them

research is very much needed for this
>>
File: ää.jpg (865KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
ää.jpg
865KB, 608x1070px
>>6645871
>non-binary
>>
I have no idea OP, but I relate.
>tfw wanna keep my penis but look like a girl
>tfw will have to get a dick implant so I can still get hard after hrt
JUST
>>
>>6648058
As long as you use it constantly there's no problem my man, also you can just take bica instead of other AAs which is not hard (lol) on the libido
>>
>>6645871
As a fellow nonbinary person (genderfluid, hi), suicide is best option. I haven't tried to get HRT or surgery yet (tfw still living with parents) but I'd like to... though I feel like it's gonna be hard, especially in the small town area that I live in. This ain't no Seattle here.
>>
>>6647289
>forced into conversion therapy before moving out a year ago because of tumblr gender trend and because i didn't experience dysphoria until after puberty
>i thought i was going to grow a penis when i got older
>>
>>6646110
>that's not dysphoria

Cool story. How about this, go get grs but don't take hormones. In fact, get /fit/ and make sure you grow a viking beard too.

Then tell me how secondary sex characteristics don't count lol.
>>
>>6646352
You are literally retarded and don't understand the definition of dysphoria.

dsm5 org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

>Gender dysphoria is manifested in a variety of ways, including strong desires to be treated as the other
gender or to be rid of one’s sex characteristics, or a strong conviction that one has feelings and reactions
typical of the other gender.

It says "sex characteristics", not "genitals". Sex characteristics is anything with sexually dimorphic qualities. It could be your genitals, facial hair, brow bone or shoe size.

>the leading theory for the cause of dysphoria is that inutero the brain develops an internal body map of the gender incongruent with the genitalia they ended up developing

Literally unproven. There is too little research on the matter to make it anything but a scientific curiosity. It remains to be seen if trans people have the "body map" of the opposite sex, or if such a body map exists at all.

>trans women can and often do overcome the dysphoria towards their natal genitalia

Wouldn't that imply that the brain is plastic? If dysphoria toward one's genitalia can be mitigated or removed through therapy or positive experience then it is effectively cured and they're no different than someone who never experienced it to begin with.
>>
Advice from someone who considers themselves NB particularly in a physical sense: don't. Ever. Please.
>>
>>6646352
If you'd actually open a copy of DSM-V, you'd see that the diagnostic criteria does not require genital dysphoria for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria.
>>
>>6653898
What do you tell people then?

I don't really like saying I'm trans because I'm not trying to be a gender but I obviously have tits
>>
>>6653898
NB?
>>
>>6646916
From what I've actually seen, most of the snowflake crew are pushing "you don't need dysphoria to be trans and you don't need HRT/SRS" so hard, they can't be seeking it. I'd assume most that are seeking medical transition do indeed have gender dysphoria.
>>
I've said it before and I'll say it again
I have no idea how one trans person can say to another "you don't experience dysphoria you don't have a real problem" without trying to understand their experience
It's disgusting
>>
>>6653955
true for a lot of them. but HRT happens to the others who never get over the "queer theory" type phase. they grow to think they can identify out of misogyny, get on T for a few months, panic, then stop it while writing buzzfeed articles about their "Experiences with gender".
>>
>>6653967
you literally need dysphoria to be trans, how is this something you're mad about. fuck off AGP
>>
>>6653972
Well, that's their fault then. If they're of sound enough mind to consent to the HRT, they should be allowed to do it. Better than gatekeeping people who need it because some people are retards. HRT should be easy as fuck to get, since it improves life so massively for the actually trans.
>>
>>6653976
You completely missed the point of my post, while doing exactly what I said people shouldn't do

Congrats
>>
>>6653977
are you kidding me mate? so HRT, something that is irreversible, should be given out as easily as antibiotics? especially considering 81% of trans people have personality disorders. wew fucking lad
>>
>>6653982
>waaaaah i can't grow tits for my fetish on demand
>>
>>6653988
It's called informed consent, anon, and it's not a crazy idea.
>>
>>6653994
What even is this post?
I'm taking about people who invalidate others problems without trying to understand them, based on preconceived notions
>>
>>6653997
i don't believe permanent medications should be given out to anyone without precautions. especially HRT, when gender issues can come from so many places. misogyny/abuse/not fitting in/being pressured by the snowflakes. there needs to be screening. to protect people who might be seeking something as a band-aid, then regret it later when it can't be undone.
>>
>>6654005
The precaution is checking that they are of sound mind and are capable of consenting, and having them sign off the legal forms.
So what if someone regrets it after? If they knew what they were doing and properly had the risks and benefits explained to them, they're no different from someone who got a tattoo or plastic surgery and regretted it.
People should not have to wait on and jump through hoops for live-saving treatment just because other people were idiots.
>>
>>6654017
>tattoo
removable
>plastic surgery
can also be undone

i think blockers should be informed consent because they can be reversed, but not the actual titty skittles. "life-saving" is kind of rhetoric, come on, every 14 year old genderfluid who wants T pressures their parents by saying I'LL KILL MYSELF IF I DON'T GET IT!!!!! LOOK AT THESE STATS FROM 50 YEAR OLD LATE TRANSITIONERS!!!!
>>
>>6654031
I'm not talking about 14 year olds, and I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I meant strictly 18 and above consenting to it. And no, "live-saving" is not rhetoric when HRT really is the only thing keeping people from being so miserable they might kill themselves.
And if you don't think of tattoos or plastic surgery as permeant, you shouldn't think of HRT as permanent either. After all, you can get tits you grew from estrogen removed and so on.
>>
>>6654038
can't make yourself fertile again, can't undo voice changes/facial hair/height especially for FtM, or take back the risks of hormones like ovarian cancer.
>>
>>6654048
Alright, you got that one. Still, you haven't made a convincing argument for why a consenting adult shouldn't be able to make permanent changes to their body simply because they might regret it.
>>
>>6654058
yeah i did. consenting to HRT is unique because gender troubles often come from other places. especially trans people have extremely high rates of mental illness and personality disorders that don't make gender dysphoria a clear-cut diagnosis. plus the regular shit that might fuck you up like gender roles, misogyny/homophobia (seeking to escape it by being a woman or man). etc etc etc. anything else?
>>
>>6654067
So? That's still not anything more than "you might regret it". You're just explaining why someone might regret it.
Although I will agree with you that if they do have another mental illness that makes them incapable of understanding the effects and consenting, then yeah, they shouldn't be able to get HRT through informed consent.
>>
>>6654067
That's still doesn't justify preventing people from getting it, all it's gonna do is make people lie to their doctor or just seek it out online which is even more dangerous

All you're saying is "people shouldn't be trusted with their own bodies"
>>
>>6654077
so people with deep innate problems, that have been abused or subjected to homophobia distorting their problems, have been pressured by the tumblr morons have the same judgement as a mentally healthy person? no. and good luck detecting mental illness through informed consent, if you really want it to be a quick and easy process.

>>6654084
>bruh all drugs should be legalized cuz people will just get it another way

just because you guys are desperate for HRT doesn't mean you can selfishly forget about everyone else seeking it. i'm done with this nonsense
>>
>>6654095
I'm not "desperate for HRT", it's just that I had to fight a ridiculously long time to get a med that has changed my life and made me an actually functional person.
I don't think I (and other people in need) should have to go through that shit just because "I might have regretted it". It's no one's fault but their own if they get on HRT and regret it, even if they were "pressured by tumblr morons" or whatever.
>>
>>6654095
>that have been abused or subjected to homophobia distorting their problems, have been pressured by the tumblr morons have the same judgement as a mentally healthy person?

Okay so if I want to get away from homophobia and earn cred with my tumblr friends then I shouldn't get HRT?
Even if it would legitimately make me happier and function better because obviously "you're gonna regret it later"?
What is the dysphoria threshold for getting HRT? if it's not measurable in any meaningful way aside from talking to the person then why wouldn't that first category just say the right things?

And even worse, what if people that want HRT legitimately convince themselves they are trans because that is the requirement for getting what they want? Wouldn't that be even worse for their mental health then just letting them control their own body?
>>
>>6645871
Get a bowtie
>>
>>6653946
I don't tell them anything.
I just exist as I am, tits and all. There is no need to explain your looks to everyone you meet. Nobody cares how you identify, they don't care why you're an androgynous freak. So just exist as an androgynous freak and leave it at that, to tell anyone why is not only pointless, but should be a huge embarrassment and will make you look bad.
>>
>>6653947
non-binary special snowflake that pops hormones
>>
>>6654573
This works fine for people I meet casually that's exactly what I do but I mean what do you say for example to close friends and family? they notice that you're changing but you're not even going to give them any justification?
>>
>>6654580
No it works for close friends and family too.
Close friends won't ask.
Family miiiight ask, but assuming you're playing your cards right, they won't.

If someone does ask, tell them you have a fucked up endocrine system - it's not a lie either. Maybe come up with an elaborate backstory if you want. Or say that you'd rather not delve further into it because it's embarrassing. You could also go "i dunno lol"

Under no circumstance is it a good idea to "come out" as NB to anyone at all. It is never necessary either. The only reason you would want to is to be a tumblr-tier special snowflake. Is that what you want? It seems like you -want- to tell people aaaallllll about it. I feel if you were more along the lines of the real deal, you wouldn't really want to discuss it with anyone.
>>
>>6654593
Well I'll be honest I do like to discuss gender and it's effects with people but only if they wish to, I generally don't bring it up with anyone and I never actually 'came out' to someone about being NB, I understand that it's somewhat ridiculous and pointless anyways

My main problem is dealing with my family since I can't get away from being questioned by them over my appearance and especially my HRT usage. It is quite relevant to them since it affects my fertility and just saying "I dunno" or "it's just a condition" doesn't really fly
>>
>>6654593
you sound like such a fucking retard here. are you really telling people to make up elaborate lies instead of just telling the truth and saying they feel wrong in their body. you don't have to be a faggot about being NB or any kind of trans just say you don't feel right as a boy but being a girl doesn't feel right either or something simple like that.
>>
>>6654609
Works fine for me breh, I told my mom my balls got rekt from a bicycling accident.

You can hide the effects just fine, and if they don't like your physical appearance quit being a pussy and tell them to deal with it.

Fun fact: my mom didn't even ask the first time she saw me after I started hormones. She looked me up and down but said nothing. I was 8 months in. At that stage friends I hadn't seen were like jaw-drop double-take tier surprised.

It's really not as big of an issue as you're thinking it'll be.

I'm assuming you live with your parents seeing as you even care or worry. They won't notice that shit seeing you every day, and when they do notice they can't really do anything about it. You don't have to tell them what's up either, "I don't know" works on everyone. Might not work forever on parents, but it does work, and odds are they won't really be bringing it up ever. Again, make up some excuse if you have to.

To my eyes it looks like you're looking for a reason to tell people because you want to tell them. Trying to set up roadblock after roadblock to justify telling them.
>>
>>6645871
You should consider not doing it at all.
>>
>>6654624
That is flat out retarded. Are you even NB yourself? Loel.

Do you have any idea how retarded "hurr i dont feel like a boy but i dont feel like a guurl" sounds? Very retarded. It will make people think less of you. So will telling them you're trans - which is what they are going to assume if you tell them the retard line you shat out.

Nobody is going to fucking care. Even if they notice, people are not going to fucking care. They aren't going to bring it up. They aren't going to ask you shit. There is no reason at all whatsoever to tell anyone aside from some childish grab for attention. Just make your body be how you want it and exist. That is all that is required. Not a single friend will ask. Not a single coworker will ask. In fact it's impolite as fuck to ask.

I had one coworker ask. This horrid man-in-a-dress tier hon who said "you don't exactly look... cis. What are your preferred pronouns?" in the breakroom. My response: "uhhh what???"

Anyone who asks, you can tell them to fuck themselves or act confused, or a million other things. It is flat out retarded to tell anyone you're non-binary. Just take your fuckin pills and exist, Christ. The tumblrtards and cis girls who want more oppression points are bad enough of a stain on our image.
>>
>>6654632
Nah I don't live with my parents anymore and my mom knows I'm on HRT, she's doesn't like it but she lets me have my autonomy

Thing is I'm going on vacation next month with my parents and siblings and there's gonna be plans to go swimming and everything so it will require me wearing swimwear that covers my tits and everyone's gonna see it. Even if they don't ask, it's going to feel like a huge elephant in the room since they know me as a regular flatchested cis boy. How long can I just feign ignorance? I don't think I could feel comfortable doing so if they stare at me which is why I feel I should be able to tell them *something*.
>>
>>6654663
>Nah I don't live with my parents anymore and my mom knows I'm on HRT, she's doesn't like it but she lets me have my autonomy
So what more do you even need to tell her? Fuck dude.

Wear rash guard or such swimwear.
Wetsuit
So on and so forth.
Let it be the elephant in the room. Nobody is going to bring it up. If you tell them, that elephant will turn into the herd of elephants in the room (is herd even the right word for a group of elephants?)

You can feign ignorance eternally. In fact, as time goes on, that elephant will shrink and they will get used to it. You just want to tell them because you like the idea, for whatever reason, be it attention or whatever.
>>
>>6654679
In short: telling them will only bring up more questions and make everything much more awkward. They will never treat you the same again after that.
>>
>>6654687
>>6654679
At least I won't be hiding myself or purposefully lying to them

Honestly your advice is terrible
>Nobody is going to bring it up
Okay? I would love that, but what if they do? Can I at least come up with some valid reason that doesn't involve straight up lying?

If my honest feelings cause them to treat me differently then so be it, I'm not going to purposefully deceive them to protect an image
>>
>>6654651
Yeah it sounds retarded but your suggestion of making up some autistic lie about how you were hiking in the woods and a pack of wolves came and ripped off your balls is even more retarded. You really think lying to everyone you are close to for the rest of your life is a good solution?
>>
>>6654700
Ok, well that answers everything. You just want to tell them and that's it. Why even make a thread then? More attention?

Go buy a shirt that says "I'm non-binary :333##EDDDD" while you're at it, fuck it, you're gonna tell everyone and their mother anyway.

It's not a lie to say you have fucked up endocrine system, it's also not a lie to tell them nothing. Nobody is going to bring it up, and if they do you have no reason to tell them. But you want to tell them, so go do it anyway like you've been planning all along like the vapid little attention whore you are and make an ass out of yourself. I tried to help.

Just flat out tell them, go do it now even, you're wasting everyone's time by making this thread. Post it on facebook or some shit lel. You'd probably love that attentionfest.

Just remember the only reason you're telling anyone is purely because you want to for whatever stupid immature reason. It's not a necessity, it's never a requirement, it's never an issue. But you just want to do it. So do it, it's your life and your relationships to fuck up.

My advice is perfect, you're the terrible one here who made a thread with your mind already made up entirely.
>>
>>6654715
White lies are perfectly fine m'snowflake. Attentionwhoring and making a total ass of yourself is not.
>>
>>6654725
I'm not even the person who made this thread you fucking autist

Your advice literally isn't applicable in all situations and you somehow fail to see how deceiving the people closest to you is maybe no the greatest idea

>hey son why are you wearing a bra if you're a male?
>oh I just have an endocrine condition
>wait what? when did this happen? are you seeing a doctor? what causes it? will this affect your ability to have children? how come we didn't know about this when you were younger?

But in your fantasy land this somehow just passes without any notice? That's just ridiculous
>>
>>6654735
>implying that situation would ever happen
>implying you're a fucking idiot if you can't hide tits or live with them(mine are almost certainly bigger than OP's and I have no issues getting by without them ever being brought up)
>implying all of those questions wouldn't be easy to answer with a tiny amount of research

It's not a fantasy land, it's my life, and it works perfectly fine. People don't fucking care man, if you were in my situation you'd see that as the fact that it is. They will see you as androgynous. They will be surprised at how different you look if they haven't seen you in a while, but that is where it ends. It becomes normalized with everyone. Nobody new you meet will care or be surprised, you're just this androgynous freak to them.

Why do you people want to tell everyone and their mother so badly?

Seriously, nobody fucking cares. You become this effeminate weirdo, so what? For fucks sake I live in a right-wing-as-fuck area and nobody cares. Nobody brings it up. Why the fuck would anyone even bring it up? "Oh hey uhhhh so i noticed you look kinda girly dude lol" do you realize how awkward that'd be to ask someone?
>>
>>6654759
>implying you're a fucking idiot if you can't hide tits or live with them(mine are almost certainly bigger than OP's and I have no issues getting by without them ever being brought up)

So basically you're telling me I should just hide my body, but if I don't want to do that then I'm a whiny idpol baby?

totally perfect advice dude, I'll just hide myself forever and hope my family doesn't question me when it's completely obvious, awesome stuff
>>
>>6654764
You don't even need to hide your body doofus. I can't even properly hide my tits without much discomfort, so I kinda just let them exist. No fucks given by me or anyone else. Mine can't go without being noticed considering what I wear. My mom has grabbed my tits, people bump into them, I can't hug anyone without them pressing up against them. People know I have tits, and I really don't hide them. And guess what?

nobody

fucking

cares

period

The one and only reason you're telling anyone is purely because you want to.
>>
>>6654725
>you're wasting everyone's time by making this thread
The person you replied to isn't OP.

I appreciate your responses though. I noted in >>6645998 that's I'm hesitant to come out, and you've convinced me that's it's feasible to not come out to anyone at all.
>>
>>6654777
>>6654764
Also hurry the fuck up and tell them and quit wasting our time. Do it and post proofs or you're pretty much just writing a bunch of jerking-off fantasies. I already know I won't change your mind mr. roadblocks
>>
>>6654780
I was referring to OP after replying to you, I should have clarified, but I'm glad at least you can see the light.

Just remember not to worry about it and own yourself. Nobody is going to care man, the world is your oyster.
>>
>>6654791
Oops, fugged up that first sentence, you get what I mean. I was referring to multiple posters without quoting their posts out. Fugg now I'm all confused.
>>
>>6654777
Ok look when I go on vacation next month I'm gonna wear a top half to cover my tits while I'm swimming and I am VERY much hoping that no one will bring it up, it would be great if I could just go on without anyone noticing. If I could do it and not discuss it I would be absolutely happy

But I also can't ignore the thought of them potentially asking me about it, I know these people and I think it is very likely that they would wonder what was up when they see me like that. I just wan't to have something in mind to tell them that isn't a blatant lie or ignorance if such a case does arise. I don't see how this is unreasonable and your characterization of me as some attentionwhore is really insulting
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 576x960px
>>
>>6654796
>I don't see how this is unreasonable and your characterization of me as some attentionwhore is really insulting
>I don't want them to know
>but teehee if they ask i have no choice but to tell them

Again, why even ask any advice if you're not going to take it? My money is on it'll never get brought up. Giving no real response, or saying something like "gynecomastia" (not even a lie) or all sorts of other shit is perfectly sound advice for how to avoid them finding out.

I'm calling you an attentionwhore because you act like you have to tell anyone when you don't and I have already laid out plenty of non-lies and alternate options for you. If you are creative enough you can probably think up a million other reactions for yourself.

That shit is just too awkward to bring up man. I really don't think anyone will.
>>
>>6654796
Also if this statement is true:
>If I could do it and not discuss it I would be absolutely happy

Your solution is simple, in the case that it's brought up. Don't discuss it and it won't be discussed. Say you don't want to talk about it. If that's not enough, assert it. Nobody can make you talk about it or anything for that matter.
>>
>>6654836
This would be my solution to anyone I didn't know/care about it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to have the same attitude to my family

Your advice is starting to resonate with me though, and I will try to apply it. Thanks for taking the time to answer my concerns.
>>
>>6654859
No problem. If family really get pushy about it (which I really doubt will happen) then wing it and go with your gut I guess.

A lot of family members tend to go denial-mode on such things anyway. They might go like "gee you really should cut your hair" or other things like that but they usually won't outright go "are you trans or somthin dawg? what's up with them boobies?"
>>
>>6645980
Because criticism is the first step to progress and enlightenment and if we dont allow it we'll look like assholes
>>
>>6646352
Lol wtf bro its just more fun being a girl, besides i couldnt give up fapping ;)
>>
File: 1451055208732.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
1451055208732.png
205KB, 505x431px
ITT: People who think that family and friends won't be confused and ask questions when someone turns into a girl and actually grows tits, and are super butt rustled about it
>>
>>6655599
ITT: people who haven't done it themselves drop their baseless opinions
>>
>>6655613
not everyone's experience will be the same as yours, and some people are afraid of doing simple things like shaving their bodies in case people notice and say something, so what makes you think that this is any better?
>>
File: 1445638634175.png (445KB, 700x991px) Image search: [Google]
1445638634175.png
445KB, 700x991px
>>6645871
Provide evidence to the ones you're coming out to that the xx/xy chromosome is a social construction, easy.
>>
>>6655613
also
>people who haven't done it themselves
how did you figure out that information from my one post?
>>
>>6655632
Protipp: move out of mommy and daddy's house and there are no such problems.

I'm in a very redneck area and I have no issues.
>>
>>6655646
>>6655632
Bonus info:
My parents are very right wing and also very religious. If you've got problems it's probably your own fault.
>>
There are only two genders.
>>
>>6660221
Yes we know
But it's okay to be in between
>>
>>6645871
Easy, most people say its difficult asf but I'm gonna tell you the easiest way to come out as non-binary
Firstly: tell your parents that you have a mental illness
Second: admit yourself to a mental hospital
Third and final: remember that all genders other than male, female and trans either mentally ill or attention seeking
>>
>>6660489
Trans is not a gender you dumb ass.
>>
File: 1281584282775.jpg (41KB, 144x216px) Image search: [Google]
1281584282775.jpg
41KB, 144x216px
>tfw you just want breasts gone and voice to deepen, (and to grow a beard, but genes might not allow that) but are terrified of surgeries and being a 5' gay man
> because you're poor, you can't afford hormones yet
>lack of hormones means you don't feel like a woman, but you don't feel like you're really a man
>identify as NB, as a safety net, because androgyny is better than nothing, am I rite?
>congratulations, you are now a special snowflake for not feeling entirely male
>great
To be fair, I've only experienced dysphoria since I began puberty, at age 9.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.