[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Transition \ Cyber-Emancipation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: INNER BEAUTY.jpg (36KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
INNER BEAUTY.jpg
36KB, 600x467px
Has anyone else firmly decided against transitioning, and learned to accept dysphoria as a part of their life? I'm not at all scared of transitioning; it simply just does not make me a BORN woman, in any aspect. It will always be a cheap parody. Technology seems to be our only hope for re-starting. Here's to hoping we invent character creation some day.
>>
>>6644486
The cyberpunk esque idea of people uploading their consciousness into a synthetic body or virtual world is a fantasy that we'll never fully realize in our lifetime. It's as far fetched as "stem cell vaginas" or womb transplants for trans women. The technology isn't there and it won't be for a very long time.

Your best bet is to take hormones, get surgery and accept the fact that some parts of you will remain in their original configuration.
>>
>>6644486
The most transhuman, cyberpunk, futurist thing you can do is grow a pair of mega milk titties on a male chassis. It's up there with Bebop and Rocksteady.

All you need is a fuchsia mohawk, an aluminum Louisville Slugger, and you're ready for your first shadowrun, chummer.
>>
>>6644552
>>6644570
if you don't look female what's the point? that's like printing off an apple logo and gluing it to your laptop.
>it still runs windows
>it's obviously not a mac
>>
>>6644727
A better (though not perfect) analogy would be running OS X on a PC.
Obviously the functionality won't be exactly the same but it's still close enough to call your system a Mac and not a Windows PC.
>>
>>6644486

Don't be stupid enough to not start HRT, even if you think transition won't get you what you want. I held back for a while because of http://hplusmagazine.com/2014/05/08/total-gender-change-within-decade/ and the idea transition still wouldn't get me what I want anyway, so I may as well stay a guy. It's a bad way to live.

It's fine to hope for a technological revolution, but don't put all your eggs in one basket, anon.
>>
>>6645249
what is it that you want anyway?
>>
>>6645326

To pass and be attractive, which I could have been if I had been born cis/started HRT earlier.
>>
>>6644486
Me. I knew something was wrong with me as a kid, where it regarded gender. Found out about "gender identity disorder" when I was 18 or so. Felt thrilled and validated for once, but then I thought "what's the point when it's not like I'll ever biologically be the gender I identify as? Transitioning is just some masquerade; you're not REALLY that gender."

Over ten years later, my dysphoria has not left me, and actually worsened with signs of aging, so I began transitioning after all.
>>
>>6644486
No, absolutely not. After I accepted that I was trans, I made the steps to begin transitioning because I knew that the dysphoria would never go away, and it was either transition when I'm passable in my 20s, allowing me to live a "normal" life, or suppress until I have a mental breakdown at 55 and become a hon.
>>
>>6645138
Your computers aren't people, but you're right if you're this autistic then you probably don't have gender identity dysphoria in the first place.
>>
>>6644486
I mean, why focus on you being REALLY one thing or another? If being a man who looks like a woman and is feminized by hormones makes you happy why not go for it? What's wrong with that?
>>
>>6644552
I definitely think holding out for some futuristic technology is unwise but mapping out the input/output vectors between the brain and the rest of the body is far closer than you might think and once we've done that we can put a human brain in a robotic body. We already have thought-operated arms. Give it 20 years.
>>
>>6646265
>input/output vectors
>thought operated arms
When you say it like that it doesn't sound as stupid and no-meaning as it is.
>>
>>6646311
http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080528/full/news.2008.861.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxIgdOlT2cY
"...The arm is controlled by a network of tiny electrodes called a brain–machine interface, implanted into the motor cortex of the monkeys' brains — the region that controls movement. It picks up the signals of brain cells as they generate commands to move, and converts those into directional signals for the robotic arm."

There you go. From motherfucking Nature.
>>
File: 1464122081530.jpg (125KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
1464122081530.jpg
125KB, 800x782px
>>6644486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcAgVN1wGo

obligatory
>>
>>6646356
glad this killed the thread
>>
>>6647119
It's stupid /pol/ shit that every reasonable person on this site has argued against at one point or another. Of course no one feels like responding to it.
>>
>>6647150
not everything that's right-wing is inherently stupid, or politically incorrect. Unless your definition of political incorrectness is anything right-wing, in which case you're not a very liberal person.
>>
>>6644552
neither of those medical things are that far fetched. Transplant technology has come a long way (and has already been successful in cis women), as has stem cell technology. Both of these things are very possible within the next 20 years.
>>
>>6644486
I don't see why you can't just transition now and then use the new technology whenever it might come along. It's not like you're not going to just kill yourself or give up and transition anyway when you're a 40 year old balding failure of a man because you can't deal with decades of gender dysphoria.
>>
>>6651098
>I don't see why you can't just transition now and then use the new technology whenever it might come along.
Because then for now she's an ugly unpassable tranny instead of a guy who's a bit feminine.

>It's not like you're not going to just kill yourself or give up and transition anyway when you're a 40 year old balding failure of a man because you can't deal with decades of gender dysphoria.
For every 40yo hun how many others manage to survive despite the decades of dysphoria?
>>
>>6644486
Kinda...a lot of transmen look/sound weird and hormones will just make me fatter and never get to be a qt twink. I'll settle for looking like a dyke though
>>
>>6651625
If you can't pass then you won't look like a tranny though; you'll look like a man. The only things that would make you look like a tranny is presenting as female when you don't pass (which you are in no way obliged to do), and breasts, which can be hidden to some extent (though admittedly possibly not entirely; it varies between individuals and based on hat kind of clothing you have to wear day-to-day).

>For every 40yo hun how many others manage to survive despite the decades of dysphoria?
I don't know. Do you have any examples? I've seen many more anecdotes supporting the idea that you basically can't repress if dysphoria is bad enough to be a serious problem than otherwise.

In the case of OP who explicitly said they don't mind transitioning but just wouldn't find it entirely fulfilling, not transitioning is only going to harm them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.