[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are the gay programmers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: sponge_coffee.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
sponge_coffee.gif
464KB, 500x338px
Seriously, how the fuck do you meet other borderline autists who spend their time buried in C99?

Shit SUCKS. My area has no gay scene, either. Grindr is full of druggies and gross dudes.
>>
>>6643215
>>>/g/
>>
>>6643215
It's a proven skirt that dresses and striped kneesocks make you better at programming. That's why trannies are god tier and cis cds are slightly below them and why dykes and fags are the bottom.
>>
I know how you feel anon, been working with computers all my life and I'm a perfectly good femboy, but the only gay guys I know look like actual autists.
>>
>>6643243
RIGHT. I don't get it either. Are all the hot gay devs just in the closet? Most groups of programmers aren't very homophobic so it doesn't make sense to me.
>>
File: 1467714070949.png (683KB, 885x813px) Image search: [Google]
1467714070949.png
683KB, 885x813px
>>6643215
I don't program (outside of the occasional scripting), but I am a sys admin. But yes i know these feels. Also why are gay men into hard drugs so much what is wrong with just drinking and weed. So many were I live are into meth, like WTF guys.
>>
>>6643263
Even worse for me, I'm not into even the lightest things like drinking or weed.

Yet if I actually found a qt he'd probably want me to shoot up heroine with him
>>
>>6643267
I don't know it it would go that far right off the bat, but I have been offered so much meth that I just stay away form the scene here.
So I go home from work smoke weed play vidya and get prepared for the next paintball tournament and never get laid ;_;.
>>
>>6643267
tfw no qt pure drugfree bf
>>
>>6643263
The gay community in general seems to have a lot of mental health struggles compared to the rest of the population, so more drug abuse and shit. When everyone shits on you (some parts of the country still) it's easy to fall into bad habits.

That said, I stay away from broken goods lol
>>
It seems to mee that the biggest gay scenes are also the best places for prpgramming, at least in the US
Top gay places:
SF
Seattle
New York city
Austin

Top tech meccas:
SF bay area
Seattle
Austin
NYC
>>
>>6643290
This is true. Unfortunately, I live in the sticks surrounded by coal trucks, pregnant teens, and fundamentalist churches haha

It's not just that there aren't gay programmers--there are barely _any_ programmers.
>>
>>6643298
Gillette WY?
>>
>>6643290
I'm stuck in Australia, the only guys in my programming TAFE course were a few redditfags and one heavily balding guy who was pretty chill.

That was the entire class, and it's the class you're meant to take if you want to get employed anywhere with a job in programming
>>
>>6643303
Nah, VA coal country
>>
File: 1356411076892.gif (3MB, 474x400px) Image search: [Google]
1356411076892.gif
3MB, 474x400px
>gay/trannies complaining about not being able to meet others of their kind into programming
Fucking pathetic. CS is filled with faggots of all kinds BUT lesbians. Kill yourselves, gaymen have it easymodo in dating.
>>
>>6643311
Well shit.
>>
>>6643318
Tech has plenty of lesbians at the top. You just gotta get there (reference: half my Twitter feed)

I've never met some butch fatty lesbian programmer though. They're always pretty. No idea why.
>>
>>6643333
Those people are not lesbians, they are demisexual pansexual non-binary gurls.
>>
In the best case scenario I might meet a couple guys on jobs, but any decent company will have strict policies about dating coworkers sooo... I'm still fucked.
>>
>>6643341
The day we can program AI capable of self thought we will ask it how many ge ders there are.
>>
>>6643378
Whatever it answers doesn't mean it's true, though.
>>
>>6643378
It will probably just give some lame textbook answer about biology or some shit
>>
>>6643416
"2"

omg burn this <random syllables>-phobic patriarchal machine
>>
>>6643215
>who spend their time buried in C99?

All the faggots (like me) use Haskell.
>>
Assembly turned me trans.
>>
>>6643263
>drinking and weed
Degenerate
>>
>>6643872
he already said he was gay anon
>>
>>6643215
>Where are the gay programmers?
they transitioned
>>
File: Td4s8sr.jpg (111KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Td4s8sr.jpg
111KB, 1080x1920px
>tfw bf is cute mega nerd programmer furry trash
>>
>>6643872
I don't mind being a bit degenerate, it's fun actually. I'm not trying to breed so I wont be passing this degeneracy on. No need to worry about me.
>>
>>6643893
Being gay isn't inherently degenerate, the overwhelming majority of gay men end up engaging in degenerate habits but it doesn't mean being degenerate is an inherent trait of being gay.
>>
>>6643919
>no need to worry about me
>it's fun
A dopamine addicted brain is not fun, in the long run it'll screw up your health and your mind.
>>
>>6643925
I didn't say I smoke or drink every day what are you thinking I am up to exactly.
>>
>>6643939
Even one use of weed screws your brain actually. And I was referring to alcohol anyway.

Also consider this, people who chose to short term fun end up miserable when they hit their 30s.

I don't think you are up to anything, I'm just saying that dopamine, the hormone of short term "fun" on the brain, has diminishing effects. At one point or another people get desensitized to it.
>>
>>6643215
>Seriously, how the fuck do you meet other borderline autists who spend their time buried in C99?
Faggots use C++ or Java, not C.
Seriously though, why would you want to be in a relationship with someone based on whether they are a programmer?
>>
>>6643958
>1 marijuana ruins your brain
I do not deny it has long term affects. However i did not start smoking till I was 23 or so. I don't drink all that much unless I am with friends or my family. I know plenty of people who are healthy physically and mentally that still drink and use some drugs occasionally. Yes habitual use will destroy your dopamine system and I probably have done some damage in my college days. But to say you will be utterly destroyed because of it is not correct. I have nothing against people that don't partake though nothing wrong with wanting to keep your mind clean 100%.
>>
>>6643978
>ruins
No just affects, as in negatively.
>I know plenty of people who are healthy physically and mentally that still drink and use some drugs occasionally.
Doesn't mean they are happy.
>But to say you will be utterly destroyed because of it is not correct
No, that's the point it's dopamine in general not just from drinking or smoking or doing drugs.

I'm just saying that our dopamine system wasn't made to work well after the 40s, so it isn't good to rely on it to be "happy".
>>
>>6643973
It's not that I only want to date programmers or something like that--I just figure we'll have better odds of having a lot in common that way.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>6643958
>Believing the drug war memes
>>
>>6646640

Use Tinder and/or OKCupid if you want to find people with similar interests. I would recommend keeping your options open though, just because someone superficially doesn't seem compatible with you doesn't mean they may not surprise you
>>
>>6647360
Duly noted. I've never tried online dating and probably won't like it, but I live in BFE, so...
>>
File: 40266444_big_p33.jpg (105KB, 567x505px) Image search: [Google]
40266444_big_p33.jpg
105KB, 567x505px
>>6643909
same actually. hes from brasil and moving to us after he grads from usp
>>
Date drawfags instead, they also know what it's like to spend a shit load of time doing something pointless.
>>
>>6643215
I'm a gay programmer, who doesn't do any drugs or alcohol.
>be me 19 m bottom/verse
>Solid 7/10
>no qt bf
>please kill me
>>
File: stallman.png (400KB, 420x720px) Image search: [Google]
stallman.png
400KB, 420x720px
>>6643227
see, there's a slight problem with this
>>
>>6643534
>>6643973
no real faggots use c89 and assembly
>>6643894
they transitioned to oop
>>6643909
are you me?
>>
>>6655864
You'd be my perfect guy if you would top me. Don't give up anon.

>>6656029
Stallman is my one true husbando.
>>
Look up furries, that's exactly what you need
>>
>>6643310
Australian feels ;_;
i'm at uni here doing compsci, its still just as hard to find people.
>>
all i remember from my years of cs were that there was absolutely zero trannies, gays, or bis
it was exclusively repulsive foreign students (from india ofc), and mediocre straight guys with even uglier gfs 2bh
fucked a prof tho
>>
>>6656992

Did you go to a community or non-cs college?
>>
>>6643909
>tfw no cute mega nerd programmer furry trash bf

I am become jelly, spread me on toast.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.