[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming out in Ireland...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: LGBT_flag_map_of_Ireland.svg_.png (25KB, 351x513px) Image search: [Google]
LGBT_flag_map_of_Ireland.svg_.png
25KB, 351x513px
Raisin tells her story here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRH7fARlFhY
What was any other Irish person's experience coming out in Ireland??
>>
>>6641663
>Raisin
It's Róisín, you gobshite.
>>
>>6641663
I was drunk and on drugs. It went fine.
>>
>>6641663
Thanks OP. I was actually just looking into potentially moving to Ireland as EU tranny and it's helpful to know more about LGBT situation in Ireland. Well I did watch Breakfast on Pluto but most of that was set in England and it was in the 1970s so I don't think it's very representative.
>>
>>6641749
So it was just like every other day as an Irishman?
>>
>>6642288
>implying the ROI won't be leaving the EU too
>>
>>6642388
Nah, support for staying in the EU is really high both in ROI and NI, only potential fallout of Brexit there is renewed talk of re-integrating NI with ROI IF the UK falls apart.
>>
>>6642569
Frankly the border should close if the ROI prefers the EU that much.

And support for the EU is only high in NI among those who should be deported anyway.
>>
>>6642301
Yes.
>>
Everyone I've come out to as a tranny has been fine. Even my rural Catholic farming family. Maybe I'm lucky. Idk

Strangers laugh a lot. Even though I'm just dressed as a fem guy every day. Any variance in that sort of shite and it's gonna happen here.
>>
>>6643184
So... it's perfectly fine to be tranny, even unpassing one, in Oireland? No one's gonna assault me?

How about the immigrants?
>>
>>6643197
Honestly, people just don't really pay attention to around them, even just putting out the most basic cues and you'll pass on the street.
As for assaulting probably not. I know one girl that was attacked once. But that's it really.

Immigrants are fine here. There's a lot of them but they're less dangerous and unpredictable than your average scumbags. Which are everywhere btw. I remember once I was walking through a rough area late at night and heard a large group of people and felt really intimidated. When I saw who it was I was like "thank fuck it's only africans". I'm way more concerned about the locals than anyone else.

But like I said I'm not full time. I go out in boy mode. Obviously I get clocked as a tranny if I'm buying clothes or makeup but if you own it people don't give a shit. I see some non passing girls from time to time and I've never seen them get hassle.
>>
>>6643184
That's been my experience. Strangers will give you a hassle but everyone in your circle will be accepting and supportive. Mind you, it's Ireland so you're gonna get a lot of shite but it's friendly banter at the end of the day and you can at least be safe in the knowledge each of them would fight and die for you. In my experience, anyway.
>>
>>6641663
Apparently Armagh Antrim Derry Down Fermanagh and Tyrone aren't in Ireland now.
>>
>>6643197
The main problem in Ireland is travellers and skangers (which often overlap), not immigrants.
>>
>>6646279
That's right. They're in Britain.
>>
>>6646279
Never heard of that third one.
>>
>falling for the coming out meme
>in the year 2016
haha try harder
>>
>>6646582
You're not very good at geography I take it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain
>>
I'm bi but I'm like 75% straight anyway, so I'm just not gonna bother at any time in the near future. I know my family and friends would be weirded out at first if I did and then they'd be supportive, but realistically, I'm not gonna be getting a qt twink bf out here in the lonesome west so it's not worth the hassle.

That said, all the LGBT people I know who have come out in recent years have been accepted really well. Things have come on big time, especially since the vote. In fact here's a story:

>Cousin got outed back in 05
>Got beaten up and bullied
>He got the fuck out of dodge, went to college in the city, came out to everyone
>My dad nearly had a stroke, family didn't talk about it for years
>Everyone gradually come to terms with it
>Cousin gets engaged to his partner
>I hear my dad telling my older sister
>He's laughing his hole off saying "None of the girls in this family have managed to land themselves a husband, and now your cousin Seamus has!"
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.