[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 27 and want to go MTF Will hormones even do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Tj86LGA.png (188KB, 380x296px) Image search: [Google]
Tj86LGA.png
188KB, 380x296px
I'm 27 and want to go MTF

Will hormones even do anything significant post-puberty?

I don't want the dream to die ; ;
>>
If seeing a therapist to pursue addressing gender dysphoria and going mtf, what kind of questions are generally asked and what kind of answers result in a proverbial failure?
>>
File: 1435545871811.jpg (330KB, 1500x852px) Image search: [Google]
1435545871811.jpg
330KB, 1500x852px
>>6629896
>Will hormones even do anything significant post-puberty?
Yes. I started at 23 and it's fine.

I always tell people to go for it because it's always worth a try. Being on hrt by itself will help even if you don't pass.

>>6629950
My experience from Sweden is that the only clear failure state is having a different mental illness that disqualifies you. They might delay your treatment if you don't look like you are taking it seriously enough, but you should be self-medicating anyway because the system is fucked. Dressing more femininely, saying that you've told your family, showing that you don't give a shit about what the haters say, etc, will work in your favour but you're not disqualified if you don't.
>>
>>6629950

>How would you describe your dysphoria?
Right: I have a physical disgust and hatred of my secondary and or primary sex characteristics. And I Have a strong desire to have a more female body
Wrong: I just want to wear girls clothes, I want to be a girl and fap, I’m fine with my male body, I just want hormones to make be look cute or young, I think being a tranny is cool or sexy

>How long have you had these feelings?
Right: I wanted to be a girl for as long as I can remember, I started getting physical dysphoria when I started puberty and it has got stronger since
Wrong: less than 6 months, less than 2 years, less than 5 years

>How do you feel when you crossdress? Or make yourself look more feminine like shaving etc?
Right: I feel happy and comfortable, I do normal things around the house when I cross dress
Wrong: I get super turned on and fap fap fap

>Do you have a mental illness
Right: I don’t think I have a mental illness
Wrong: I have depression or anxiety or autism or some other clinical mental illness

>How do you identify? Man or woman?
Right: I feel like I think more like a woman than a man, I don’t like being manly, I want to be female, or I feel that I am female. I do not identify at all with men, I feel like I am supposed to be female, I am either female or transgender
Wrong: man, gay, gender fluid, lesbian, gender non-conforming, (anything other than female or tranny)

>Do you have support networks?
Right: I have family or friend who I KNOW will support me, I have a family member who knows about my situation and they are accepting (you can make this up as there is no way for them to verify without breaking patient confidentiality). I have an online support (don’t say 4chan, just say online group ) or local group I go to, I have the phone number of a therapist/ counselor if I need to see one.
Wrong: I am on my own, no one knows about me, I have no friends, my family hate me
>>
>>6629896
It will clear your skin and give you gyno. That's all.
>>
>>6629896
AGP anime posters need to realize they're not really women. fuck off
>>
File: 1458073599764.png (133KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1458073599764.png
133KB, 313x382px
>>6630665
Fuck off retard
>>
>>6630638
Not that anon but thanks for the help. It makes me feel less nervous about going to the doctor.
>>
>>6630638
Not op or the other anon, but what do you think a therapist/doc would answer to these.

>>How would you describe your dysphoria?
I hate my facial hair, adams apple, voice, penis, i want to look like a girl

>How long have you had these feelings?
For a few months, but i didn't really feel anything before that and now i do, feeling feminine and girly feels normal and calming.

>How do you feel when you crossdress? Or make yourself look more feminine like shaving etc?
Why would i do anything other than normal things and yes shave and such.

>>Do you have a mental illness
No

>How do you identify? Man or woman?
I identify more as a woman.

>Do you have support networks?
Yes, friends and family
>>
>>6630758
>a few months
Biggest short cumming, you should say you have always been questioning but didn't have physical dysphoria until more recently. Or say that maybe it was always there but you tried to ignore it

Also do you want to have boobs and be treated like a girl?
>>
>>6630906
I want breasts, why?

Ill just change it to i have questioned it at times, but didn't have physical dysphoria until recently.
>>
>>6630638
Without having to lie I'm good on all those except the mental illness part, and just because of that I can't be sure. I can't be sure if I hate my body because I'm trans or because I just hate everything about myself and wish I could be someone else. I don't know why that "someone else" I want to be can't be a guy though so it just adds to the confusion and frustration.
>>
>>6630638
>Wrong: less than 6 months, less than 2 years, less than 5 years
The diagnostic criteria is 2 years. I was specifically asked if I've felt this way for more than two years. Two years is enough.

>Wrong: I get super turned on and fap fap fap
Psychologists don't ascribe to the autogynephilia theory anymore and won't actively look for stuff like this. You can even tell them that you don't cross dress at all if your reasoning is "It's my body that's the problem, not my clothing".

>>6630638
>Wrong: man, gay, gender fluid, lesbian, gender non-conforming, (anything other than female or tranny)
There's an experimental clinic in stockholm that works with non-binaries, but everywhere else you have to be a binary and a candidate for SRS, yeah.
>>
>>6630955
So you are saying that to get hormones i need to suffer two years, now that i have finally found myself.
I need two fucking years of dysphoria that jsut began recently?
I almost cried today because of dysphoria and i should endure two years of this.
What are the changes that ill die in those two years or try to repress it, because it's painful.
>>
>>6630953
>I can't be sure if I hate my body because I'm trans or because I just hate everything about myself and wish I could be someone else.
If you were cis you'd have to be seriously fucked in the head to want to be a woman in order to escape your self hate. So you're probably trans if you're thinking this. Still, it's the psychologist's job to exclude reasons like this so you should feel safe if you find a psychologist.

>>6630964
It's wrong as dicks to have a requirement like that so you should just lie about how long you've felt it. Unless you can remember some past events that could have hinted towards this.
>>
>>6630991
Does wearing female clothes before count, like first time when i was 5 then mid teen and now adulthood.
>>
>>6631036
Also the fact that i had a long time where i didn't know who i was in a way, but now i do and the me now is a more of a girl than male.
>>
>>6631036
Yes. You're more hardcore than most if you used female clothes as a child or teen.
>>
>>6631080
I did want a dress and i wore it at kindergarten or that.
Also at my birthday.

I used female clothes when i was a teen too, but not visibly, tho i did wear panties a bit then.

Now i'm only wearing panties and wearing almost only female clothes aside from shirts.
I wish i could wear a skirt too, but i don't have strength to do that.
>>
File: tableflip.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tableflip.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>6629896
>This whole thread
>>
>>6630682
you're never going to be a cute anime girl, you neckbearded autist. grow the fuck up.
>>
>>6630665
[spoiler]Just like every other kind of tranny.
>>
>>6630665
this
>>
>>6631138
No but I'm a cute anime trap
>>
>>6631270
This guy gets it.
>>
>>6629896
depends
if you're girly and small rn you have a good chance of passing w/o surgery
if not you'll need at least ffs and it's not a guarantee.
>>
>Will hormones even do anything significant post-puberty?
Nope, they won't
>>
>>6630947
>I want breasts, why?
its important because it means you want female characteristics and not just to get rid of male parts
>>
>>6631637
Doesn't wanting to get rid of male parts imply you're trans. Or what does it imply?
>>
>>6631647
I want girl parts but I'm okay with my dick. Everybody's different.
>>
>>6631647
you could be non binary or something like that. Trans implies transition from one binary to another, and so psychiatrist will try and rule out non-binary when assessing you
>>
>>6631667
>>6631637
I see, but i don't understand how i could not want to have breasts.
Like of course i do, just like female clothes are normal for me to wear (aside from skirts, because i don't feel that i'm ready to wear them, because i don't pass), so is wanting breasts.
>>
>>6631972
But people can tell other clothes besides skirts are girl clothes too.
>>
>>6630638
>openly give wrong answers to at least half the questions
>therapist still diagnoses me a tranny
Feels good to live in the U S of A
>>
>>6630638
Don't forget this gem asked where I live:
>Are you attracted to men or women?
Right answer:
>only men
Wrong answers, which will get you denied:
>I like women/am bi to any degree
>>
>>6632745
It's not like that everywhere here. Are you in cali or some other liberal infested region?
I am >>6632845 btw.
>>
>>6632850
NJ
Yeah it goes dem for president, but we governor fatass. It's no Alabama but it's no SF
>>
>>6632845
Where do you live where your sexual orientation dictates your eligibility to be trans?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.