[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtFs: How to be absolutely sure???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: plath.jpg (9KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
plath.jpg
9KB, 191x263px
My story is pretty much the same, always knew I was different, didn't know about Trans until teens, yadayadayada. Anyway, I have been planning on coming out for about a year now, and have a set date, but the time is getting REALLY close and I'm getting nervous. I know my parents wont believe me, because i'm far from a stereotype where you can just tell, and I already know that questioning makes me reconsider myself, it always does, in all situations. So even though I shouldn't have to be asking this question, how can I be sure my feelings are legitimate and not just me over-estimating my differences to other boys?
>>
>>6628565
By talking to a psychologist who has experience dealing with transsexuals, for one. Get diagnosed. Qualified second opinion and all that.

Expect to never be absolutely 100% sure, though. I decided to transition when I realized that i was "certain enough" and that waiting would just make things worse for me.
>>
>>6630223
Oh, and once I started HRT it made me even more certain. A hypothetical diagnostic method is actually to just give people HRT and see how they react. If you start feeling bad when on HRT, if you miss having erections and feel emasculated, then you are probably not trans. If you're on HRT and have no regrets, you're 99% probable to be trans iirc.

I really recommend getting diagnosed, though. It will give you legitimacy when you come out to your parents. [spoiler]If you are underage b& and need your parents to find a psych for you, just tell them that you are "thinking about it" and want to meet a psych to figure it out.[/spoiler]
>>
>>6630223
Hey op im probably one of the more extreme cases (trust me) and I have regrets and stuff everyone once in awhile. They mostly come when I'm extremely dehydrated or in overwhelming amounts of pain. But they always go away and I want to be a woman again. I want to be normal. Nobody wants to be a freak. Sure sometimes I wish I could cute my dysphoria and just be a boy and basically be done with it because its easy. But it doesn't work that way and trying to force it or be on T is just plain wrong and I always felt much worse and I'd have a break down.
>>
>>6630264
Depressed* not dehydrated
Heh
>>
>>6630264
Are you OP? Are you FtM? Then ignore the stuff about HRT because you need to be more certain before starting testosterone. That stuff gets permanent faster than estrogen. Still, my "certain enough" should apply.

Not sure what you mean with the rest of your ramble.

You wouldn't believe how many people I've talked to who have doubts, though. People with low emotional intelligence tends to think that five minutes of doubt cancels out the other twenty four hours of certainty and postpone transition year after year, which is always a tragedy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.