[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gay bars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (22KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 292x173px
Are all gay bars loud and clubby
Or are some like regular bars?

Stories?
>>
>>6626552
Yes. Some are loud and clubby, and some are regular bars. The more gay bars in the area, the more variety you'll typically get.
>Stories
I mostly go clubbing in London. There's loads of big nightclubs that are loud and clubby, but there are also gay bars and pubs that are chill.
I've also spent time in Coventry and Sheffield. Coventry has a gay bar (Rainbows) that downstairs is a quiet sit down pub with a big smoking area, and the two bars in Sheffield are pretty similar (one is loudish but mostly a sit down bar, the other one has a sit down bar downstairs and a dancefloor upstairs).
Results will obviously vary depending on where you live. Where are you based, anon?
>>
>>6626571
Are there any gay-friendly alternative venues in London?

I can't fucking stand dance/house music, or the rap shit that's still fucking trendy. I want to headbang, and I want to hook up with other guys. Is that so hard?
>>
>>6630847
I'm not the anon you quoted but I'm pretty knowledgeable on the London gay scene.

If you want alternative, try the growing east London scene. Pubs like The Glory and clubs like Dalston Superstore are amazing and they're visited mainly by young alternative fags

If you don't like dance music. I'd stay out of all clubs in Vauxhall and Soho. But pubs like RVT and Admiral Duncan are amazing on a summer day like this

Worse things worse just head up the Heath :^)
>>
File: 1469584304447.png (14KB, 525x410px) Image search: [Google]
1469584304447.png
14KB, 525x410px
>>6626571

> Coventry has a gay bar (Rainbows)

Please someone answer this. I'm in college right now and early in the year a girl who i do maths with invited me to go to a club with her (it wasn't her asking me out, just as friends) but the name was something to do with rainbows and she said it was outside of the city (Birmingham). I didn't know what to say because I've never been clubbing before and she asked all of a sudden in the library so I just spazzed out and went quiet. Then all of my friends around me started laughing. Then I said no thanks.

Now if this bar is the same one she invited me to (and I had no idea it was a gay bar) could she have been hinting at me being gay? Do any of my friends think so?

I act straight I think but I've been called fag before and people have asked me if I'm gay but I never know What to say. So I just act offended and spaz out.

Help please
>>
>>6631367
>dividing by a-b when it equals 0

I'm dissapointed in you anon
>>
>>6631367
>do any of my friends think so

So what if they know you're a xocksucker. Get better friends you batty.
>>
File: 1468130163709.jpg (158KB, 432x619px) Image search: [Google]
1468130163709.jpg
158KB, 432x619px
>>6631528
Can't you actually help me?
That was an image from the advice board. I knew it was wrong.
For those who don't know, line 4-5: a-b is the same as a-a which is 0. You can't divide by 0.
But seriously. Help me. I can't risk people knowing. Like what if people know?
>>
>>6631554
Just read this >>6631541

Get a healthy mix of gay/bi friends and also straight lads who don't give a shit.
>>
File: 1468275638735.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468275638735.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>6631541
>So what if they know you're a xocksucker. Get better friends you batty.

I don't do that. And it's not that I don't trust them. I'm just paranoid cause there are people at my college who know my family (my brother went there before me and was really popular) and they might tell.
>>
File: 1466965130455.jpg (75KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466965130455.jpg
75KB, 1920x1080px
> Get a healthy mix of gay/bi friends and also straight lads who don't give a shit.
But there aren't many gay people at my college (barely 400 people) and if I make friends with gay people I'd be suspected of being gay. Also how would I approach them?
>>
>>6631572
>I don't trust them
They don't sound like friends. And from what I remember of sixth form, many years ago, is that you need to have friends you trust or else you'll be some moist loner

>brother is more popular than u
Lol. Such a sideman

>>6631581
>what would people think
I'm guessing you're final year college. You really shouldn't care about what they should think. If you're white British, your family will love you always. English parents are bare accepting.

>how to approach them
If you have an lgbt club. Perhaps go one lunch time on the dl
>>
File: 1467761418176.gif (2MB, 287x257px) Image search: [Google]
1467761418176.gif
2MB, 287x257px
Can we get back to what I'd asked please, I need to know if the bar I was invited to was in fact the one which is a gay bar.

>>6631596

>> I don't trust them
> They don't sound like friends.
I said that its not that I don't trust them... So I do trust them, but I'm not telling them because [reason]

>Lol. Such a sideman
I didn't say that he had more friends than me, it's just that he left a mark on the college

>>what would people think
> If you're white British, your family will love you always. English parents are bare accepting.
Nope, mixed into light brown.

> If you have an lgbt club. Perhaps go one lunch time on the dl
There was an after school one but I didn't go at the start of the year cause I hadn't figured myself out then. when I went there (towards the end of the year) it was empty.
>>
>>6631626
Well I'm a Londoner so I have no idea about outside of London. Hopefully someone else can help you on that

Just a final bit of advice. Once you start uni you'll become a mature, clever independent man. You'll be able to be open about your sexuality and know that anyone who is a homophobe for no good reason at 18 is just some moist retard.

Uni will be great for you. You'll meet so many guys, hook ups and regrets. And you'll maybe meet the one for you.

Just a question. What are you thinking of and where?
>>
>>6631651
Thanks anon. That helped.
Ive no idea at the moment and I'm supposed to start applying when I come back in September.

If my AS grades are good for bio chem and maths I'll go for medicine, if they're mediocre ill go for chemistry/chemical engineering.

I plan on applying for one that's out of my league(ICL) and four other ones that are more reasonable maybe Manchester but I'm looking into it. Are there any unis I should avoid?
>>
>>6631685
Good luck for imperial. Though I've heard horror stories from there due to the huge inequality between international and national students. I hear there's a terrible social life there. But I'm sure that's just for some austistic fags who can't make friends

Just aim for the Russell group unis. They say it's pretentious. But it's worth it as it really does help with getting work afterwards.
>>
>>6631685
>my AS grades
>AS grades
>AS
How... How old are you?

Also, don't use university for hookups or regrets. University is the ultimate source of prime bf. Universities have a wide variety of bfs to choose from, ranging from qt virgin to highly experienced, manlet to giant, twig to bodybuilder to chub, with every single personality type under the sun. Do NOT waste the opportunity to attain the 100% perfect bf.
>>
>>6631720
he's right uno

Find one in your first term. And bam. Your 3D husbando for life
>>
File: 1467112029640.jpg (72KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
1467112029640.jpg
72KB, 620x372px
>>6631714

>Good luck for imperial. Though I've heard horror stories from there due to the huge inequality between international and national students.
That's unfortunate but it can't be bad, just more expensive and learning English

> I hear there's a terrible social life there. But I'm sure that's just for some austistic fags who can't make friends
>autistic fags
>tfw literally me
Thanks anon. And it'd be great to get into a red brick or Russel group uni. And Imperial is only a choice because I want to apply to one that I could get in through a fluke.

>Just aim for the Russell group unis. They say it's pretentious. But it's worth it as it really does help with getting work afterwards.
Yep. I've done a enough work experience to know that half of a unis cost is its name.

>>6631732
>>6631720
> How... How old are you?
;-)

Don't worry. I plan on moving far away from where I am now so I can come out without risking any of my family finding out.
Also what % of people in uni are actually gay?
>>
>>6631847
>Also what % of people in uni are actually gay?
It tends to be higher than in general society. My dad has a hypothesis that gay people are naturally smarter.
>tfw he started saying this when I started coming top of my classes...
In the university I'm hoping for, 19% of the students identify as gay or bisexual (the gayest university - no it isn't Brighton). Imperial is about 10% iirc, so 5 times as many gays as general society.
>Plus they're mostly smart, ambitious gays (mostly)

But seriously, you tend to do AS exams from age 16-17. Did you retake or are the mods coming?
>>
File: 1465473058941.jpg (74KB, 780x561px) Image search: [Google]
1465473058941.jpg
74KB, 780x561px
>>6631864
>It tends to be higher than in general society. My dad has a hypothesis that gay people are naturally smarter.
Hes right. We should probably start a genetic breeding program for gays.

>tfw he started saying this when I started coming top of my classes...
He knows.

>In the university I'm hoping for, 19% of the students identify as gay or bisexual (the gayest university - no it isn't Brighton). Imperial is about 10% iirc, so 5 times as many gays as general society.
What is it, also A2 or AS?

>But seriously, you tend to do AS exams from age 16-17. Did you retake or are the mods coming?
Can't have that happening.
I'm 18...
>>
>>6631888
Just googled it. Cambridge at 19%.
One in five. Also best uni in the country (maybe Oxford)

I'd love to go there. Like a dream uni. If my AS grades are suprisingly good I'll apply there. Otherwise ICL is aiming high enough for me.
>>
>>6630847
Like the other anon said, East London is where most of the alternative scene is, like Dalston and Shoreditch (although in practice, a lot of "alternative" venues are marketed as alternatives to cheesy Soho pop nights, and so focus on house music and R&B). Popstarz used to be a big gay night which would move venue and would have indie rock and alt rock rooms, likewise Trash Palace in Chinatown, but Simon died and it all went to shit, which also meant Ghetto closed down (where Johnny Slut used to have that electroclash night called Nag Nag Nag). Uprawr in Camden had some actual hard rock and even some music that'd be loosely considered metal like Slipknot and Rage Against The Machine, but the event organiser moved to Birmingham so the night's up there now.
Johnny Slut wound up going to Electrowerkz for Slimelight which wasn't explicitly gay but had a big gay crowd, but then it got demolished when they were doing up King's Cross.
Tbqh most of the really cool club nights have shut down. 2008 was a really cool year to be gay but now it seems the scene is pretty homogenous. I guess part of the issue is we're not seeing the same club kids and weirdos as we used to, because gays are less shunned, so we end up with pretty generic nights. Like I still have a good time when I go out, but rock nights for homos just doesn't seem to be a thing any more. I guess a gay night is already niche, and a gay rock night is perhaps too niche to make money (plus there's fewer and fewer venues as we get squeezed out for more lucrative property developments, like the scam they did with Madame JoJo's).
>>
>>6631367
She could have been asking you to one of the "rainbow venues"
http://therainbowvenues.co.uk/venues/
They're a series of cool places that have interesting music, but they're all in Digbeth which is basically by the Bullring so not really "outside of the city".
So if it's not in Birmingham but nearby, it's probably Rainbows in Coventry. It's only like 40 minutes on the train to get there, and it's popular because the drinks are cheap and they're not as strict about checking ID as the Birmingham gay bars.
She probably thinks you're gay on that basis.
>>
>>6631626
>So I do trust them, but I'm not telling them because [reason]
what is your reason for not coming out, come on, tell us
>>
>>6631942
>lucrative property development

Did you write the play Superficious by any chance?
>>
File: 1456067069982.jpg (286KB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1456067069982.jpg
286KB, 2048x1356px
>>6631909
Just looked at Cambridge:
>Chemical Engineering
>Typical offers require
>A Level:A*A*A
If you get in, well done, that's amazing. I may apply if my predicted grades are exactly that.

>>6631987
Thanks anon
>Digbeth
I remember her mentioning Digbeth. That's probably the one, right? So she hasn't clocked on?

>>6631996
Well I'm paranoid that word will spread around college until someone finds out and tells someone in my family. Also a lot of my friends steer clear of this transsexual in my maths and chemistry class so I dont know how they'll react and if they'll leave me.
>>
In WeHo they can get pretty loud and club like, but there are a few like Motherlode or the Eagle that aren't as flashy. Precinct is good too, but it can get busy as fuck because the bar is huge.

Out here in Long Beach the bars are much more low key hole in the wall places.
>>
>>6632044
>if they'll me
They're all gonna leave you at the end of year 13 anyway.

I literally only talk to one friend from sixth form. And that's because I've known him from nursery and we went to the same uni
>>
>>6631888
>We should probably start a genetic breeding program for gays.
Same sex babies aren't even that hard to make. In fact, you do pretty much exactly what you'd expect; it's the 3-parent babies method but with MMF instead of MFF (and it's even easier for lesbians).
They're not going ahead with it either because "muh religion" or because they're scared that there would be few reasons for heterosexuality to continue existing.
>He knows.
I know he probably knows.
He once told me that we should have "gay doctors" (as in, fire all the doctors that aren't gay - all NHS doctors should be gay just because), knowing full well that I wanted to read medicine.
He also hates gays...

Anyway... Gay bars...
Are there any for fans of traditional rock, or do they all just play modern pop and alternative?
>Not that I'm interested cause I'm a borderline shut-in, but I felt like the thread needed more thread substance.
>>
>>6632067
>gays and metal/hard rock

Most places seem to play billboard top 40, house/dance or 80s music.

I'm good friends with a bar owner out here in LA and we've been in talks to start an actual metal/rock night for the "alternative gay"
>>
File: 1458893875520.gif (528KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1458893875520.gif
528KB, 160x160px
>>6632064
Yeah but seeing I'm on at least good terms with literally everyone in my year I don't wanna have to give that up. I'll try talking to lgbt peeps when I go back but there's no way I'm coming out for another year.

>>6632067
>>We should probably start a genetic breeding program for gays.
>Same sex babies aren't even that hard to make.
Yeah but pregnant men aren't exactly appealing.

>They're not going ahead with it either because "muh religion" or because they're scared that there would be few reasons for heterosexuality to continue existing.
I hear Japan's working on artificial wombs, much to the dismay of the international community and the UN.

>He once told me that we should have "gay doctors" (as in, fire all the doctors that aren't gay - all NHS doctors should be gay just because), knowing full well that I wanted to read medicine.
He's asking you to come out anon.

>Are there any for fans of traditional rock, or do they all just play modern pop and alternative?
What counts as traditional though? Do you mean like AC/DC or Bon Jovi cause there's no reason for them too.
Or if you mean Muse/Black Stone Cherry then they're not known well enough and are too "soft" for clubbing. Either way, I don't see it happening.
>>
>>6631367
Nigga move put of Alabama. What the fuck.

Go to Florida and crush gash/BP
>>
>>6632136
>Yeah but pregnant men aren't exactly appealing.
Exactly - three parent baby method (which is actually 2 regular genetic parents + mitochondrial DNA from third mother).
Then you just use her womb to grow the baby. No need for all this artificial womb stuff.
>He's asking you to come out anon.
No. It's a trick. He told me he'll cut off all of my funding in university (and I'm not eligible for grants, bursaries, or scholarships) if I were gay.
I'll wait to see if I get to Cambridge to do medicine, then come out. You aren't ever allowed to complain about your children being gay if they are Oxbridge med students - it's just ungrateful.
>What counts as traditional though? Do you mean like AC/DC or Bon Jovi cause there's no reason for them too.
Exactly like that, plus Guns N' Roses, Queen, Led Zeppelin, etc.. Unfortunately, with the rise of artists like Silentó, Adele, and Beyoncé, I'm pretty sure that appreciation for rock is not very widespread and that no typical bar/club would ever play this stuff.
>>
>>6632478
>Exactly - three parent baby method (which is actually 2 regular genetic parents + mitochondrial DNA from third mother).
>Then you just use her womb to grow the baby. No need for all this artificial womb stuff.
You know an awful lot for someone in A2. You'll get into Cambridge easy. And then go to Japan where you'll create Ubërmensch human specimens.

>No. It's a trick. He told me he'll cut off all of my funding in university (and I'm not eligible for grants, bursaries, or scholarships) if I were gay.
That's terrible, just act homophobic for a year or two. Easy.

>I'll wait to see if I get to Cambridge to do medicine, then come out. You aren't ever allowed to complain about your children being gay if they are Oxbridge med students - it's just ungrateful.
True. Do you think you're aiming so high to appease your parents/make sure that they don't feel dissapointed when you do come out?

>Exactly like that, plus Guns N' Roses, Queen, Led Zeppelin, etc.. Unfortunately, with the rise of artists like Silentó, Adele, and Beyoncé, I'm pretty sure that appreciation for rock is not very widespread and that no typical bar/club would ever play this stuff.
Unfortunately you're right. Though if you do know any club owners then you could put in a word for one day a month and see how people react.
>>
>>6632044
Well then she's obviously a bit thick if she thinks Digbeth is outside the city, it's literally adjacent to the Bullring. But yeah, the Rainbow venues aren't gay, they have loads of cool events. A couple of my mates are going to see Stormzy there on Saturday.
Also protip: people accept gays way more than trannies, and also people shun trannies unless they're the chill fun type of tranny. Maybe that person is just a bit weird, yknow?
What would be so bad about your family finding out you're a fag?
>>
>>6632067
>Same sex babies aren't even that hard to make. In fact, you do pretty much exactly what you'd expect; it's the 3-parent babies method but with MMF instead of MFF (and it's even easier for lesbians).
You're a fucking idiot. The three parent baby is because of mitochondrial DNA, and has no bearing on the child besides whether or not it dies of a rare mitochondrial disease. It's like saying someone with a heart transplant has three parents.
You can't make same sex babies because of genomic imprinting, if the sex cell nuclei aren't one male + one female, the foetus spontaneously aborts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genomic_imprinting
Also even if that worked
>expensive scientific procedure requiring really expensive labs and highly trained technicians replacing having a baby for free via heterosexual sex
>the ability for homos to reproduce will make all straight people turn gay
And on another note
>Are there any for fans of traditional rock, or do they all just play modern pop and alternative?
As previously mentioned, there are few nights, because traditional rock nights are niche, and gay nights are niche, so gay trad rock nights are so niche as to be fairly unviable.
>>
>>6632530
>True. Do you think you're aiming so high to appease your parents/make sure that they don't feel dissapointed when you do come out?
Hmm... It's probably because I work so much. There are more Muslims than any other religious group at my sixth form, so about 50% of the students would happily kill a gay. In order to avoid being found out, I tried to avoid social contact at all times by hiding where hardly anyone else would during all of my free periods: the library. Then one thing led to another and bam - high grades.

I know some club owners, but none of them for gay bars (they already have their non-sexual niches). I'll see if there are any in Uni and try to coax them into testing a rock night which would ultimately fail.
>>
>>6632584
>You're a fucking idiot. The three parent baby is because of mitochondrial DNA, and has no bearing on the child besides whether or not it dies of a rare mitochondrial disease. It's like saying someone with a heart transplant has three parents.
I, an 18 year old, didn't come across a certain scientific principle that would get in the way of something I didn't exactly research very much; sue me.
I'm only an A-level student. Anyway, there's probably an easy workaround. I'll just read up a bit more.
>>
>>6632552
> Well then she's obviously a bit thick if she thinks Digbeth is outside the city, it's literally adjacent to the Bullring.
Sorry that was my fault. The way she said it last year made it sound like Digbeth was outside B'ham so I assumed I was wrong up till then.

> But yeah, the Rainbow venues aren't gay, they have loads of cool events. A couple of my mates are going to see Stormzy there on Saturday.
Grime? I'm not so keen on that. Also I started talking to her and she said it was the one you mentioned so thanks a lot, you helped.

>Also protip: people accept gays way more than trannies, and also people shun trannies unless they're the chill fun type of tranny. Maybe that person is just a bit weird, yknow?
Perhaps. I still plan on coming out when I'm in uni.

>What would be so bad about your family finding out you're a fag?
I wouldn't want to dissapoint them. I'm gay. And If I ever have kids then ill support them. But I know my parents wouldn't like it. And let's be honest. I know this is the /lgbt/ board, but How many parents, given the choice of course, would chose gay children over straight children?
>>
>>6632605
Oh, the arrogance of youth. Ok, you're only 18, so fair do's, but genomic imprinting is not something with an "easy workaround". Scientists have struggled for a long time with epigenetic gene regulation - they only managed to induce targeted gene methylation in a reproducing cell as recently as 2013
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23220192
and that only managed to silence a specific gene. The scale of sex-linked epigenetic modification in germ cells is gigantic, and not entirely understood. Even if you found a way to modify the genome of a gamete directly and tried to map out the complex interplay of factors, experimenting on human foetuses would be completely in breach of ethical guidelines as one slight mess up with one fusion protein on one gene could produce a retard baby
http://www.nature.com/scitable/content/epigenetic-diseases-and-their-causes-and-symptoms-37397
The best bet would be somehow culturing pluripotent stem cells from an individual and inducing them to form germ cells of the opposite sex, but who knows how that would work given the literal presence or absence of the required SRY region in the genome of the individual.
>>
>>6632585
>Hmm... It's probably because I work so much. There are more Muslims than any other religious group at my sixth form, so about 50% of the students would happily kill a gay. In order to avoid being found out, I tried to avoid social contact at all times by hiding where hardly anyone else would during all of my free periods: the library. Then one thing led to another and bam - high grades.
Shame about most of the Muslims. I left because I just can't stand how backwards so many of them are. Some of my own friends would happily kill me. Even my own family. Obviously apostacy is worse than being gay so that's two things I'm keeping to myself.

>I know some club owners, but none of them for gay bars (they already have their non-sexual niches). I'll see if there are any in Uni and try to coax them into testing a rock night which would ultimately fail.
Advertise it and it'll work. Just make sure you don't go for any of the """"Deep"""" songs that normies won't appreciate and worse will dislike. You won't get them hooked if you don't choose songs that are at least a little mainstream.
Also get some people who're into metal to come in. The two interlock. The Amity Affliction tend to draw normies in like bees to nectar.
>>
>>6632615
You're staying in the closet because you don't want to disappoint your parents?
Your parent would be disappointed if they had a gay child. Sure. But they've already got a gay child, they just don't know it yet. And if the worst thing that happens is that they're disappointed... Jesus Christ. I had my arm broken by my Dad and I got kicked out of my house for being gay, but I'm still so fucking glad I came out to them because then I stopped having to hide who I was from them. And guess what? Eventually they got over it, and last week they came for dinner with me and my boyfriend. It's still a bit awkward, but hey, it would have been awkward if I dated a black chick. Even if your parents are frothing at the mouth homophobes like mine, they often come around - and you haven't mentioned them being actively homophobic, you're just worried you'll disappoint them.
One of my friends came out to his Mum and she was so thrilled she basically acted like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUQq5p5i2g
and true to life, he's literally a masc4masc butch rugby player with no interest in fashion despite her urgings for shopping trips.
>>
>>6632661
The success of the night literally depends on how many gays that are into rock are in the area and how attractive they are. If you do a rock night and all you attract are a couple of ugly metalheads, the normies will never come with their normie money.
>>
>>6632674
That's amazing. It really is. But that's just one of the reasons. One of my other posts I said that they were Muslims. If I'm gay then I can't be a Muslim too. I've left that now. My parents come from a very liberal sect in Islam. This means that if I came out to them then they would react like normal parents do (dissapointed/angry at first then okay) but they know that I won't be a Muslim anymore. And That's what would crush them. Unlike most Muslim families they're super free and let me do whatever. Their message while I was growing up was
> do whatever you want, just do three things; marry a girl when you're older and give us grandkids and carry on the family name.
>>
>>6632681
True. Maybe for the first couple of nights you could start of with normie rock and then slowly transition over to better rock.
>>
>>6632715
>crush them
Well, either you try and stay in the closet for your whole life (good luck with that) or you get on with crushing them. It's not like you're debating choosing going to art school and going "oh no, I can't, it'd crush them", the thing that's going to crush them has already happened, they just don't know it yet.
Plus what are you going to do 5,10 years down the line? Suppose you've been seeing a guy seriously for a few years and he asks you to move in with him? Are you going to try and make your parents think he's your "room mate" when the flat clearly only has a double bed? They'll find out eventually.
>>6632727
If normies head to a normie rock night, and then it gradually becomes a non-normie rock night, the normies will stop going.
The way alt-nights typically work is that people who are already rooted in the alt scene start a night and are able to attract a big enough alt crowd to keep it going.
>>
>>6632647
>Oh, the arrogance of youth.
I like to call it the innocent optimism. I have 6-8 years of one of the most difficult courses in the world to have my spirit broken; let's not try to destroy it now.
Not to mention, young people often come up with good ideas. It's true that they often need refining, but instead of just stamping them out, let's try a trial-and-error process.
>The best bet would be somehow culturing pluripotent stem cells from an individual and inducing them to form germ cells of the opposite sex, but who knows how that would work given the literal presence or absence of the required SRY region in the genome of the individual.
See: less pessimism and more optimism. I call everything easy and often use words like "only" and "just" because it makes everything seem more manageable. If I'm going to have to do it, I might as well keep high spirits.
As for the SRY region, that can be absent in both to produce females or absent in just one to produce males. Restriction enzymes and screening can solve that.

I was just about to post a method I had thought of, but it kept on getting more and more complicated, and I think I might actually be on to something.
I'd be stupid to post something like this online, where anyone could see it and get a head start. I'll run it by my future medical lecturers and see what they think.
Pluripotent stem cells aren't the answer. Hell, the answer isn't even in stem cells... I guess the only way to find out is to try it on mice.

Just stay optimistic and keep working, then you'll get your answer. Everything in Biology has a workaround.
>Also, sorry for changing the subject from Gay Bars to "I think I found out how to make male+male=baby"
>>Sorry, females - I'm fairly sure this method won't work for women... I'll keep thinking about it...
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.