[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passing isn't that important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: images.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Not passing is not the end of the world, the vast majority of trans do not pass and most of those who do started HRT during puberty

You'll be happier if you can pass but if you're truly trans then you'll be happier as a non-passing transgender than you would remaining as you were
So you're still in a better position than you were before
>>
File: 6419545341314518214.jpg (396KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6419545341314518214.jpg
396KB, 800x800px
Thanks I-I guess?
icanttakethisanymore
>>
>>6614257
>le no Tru tranny fallacy
Great one, hun!
>>
>>6614257
>you'll be happier as a non-passing transgender than you would remaining as you were

I wish we lived in a world like that, but we don't so I can't blame those who can't take being stared at and discriminated against.
>>
Lmao. The large majority of non passing trannies are mocked and look ridiculous, i cant keep a straight face when i see one walking down the street with a huge square jaw etc, the only ones that i don't stand our are the asians and that's not to say they all pass.
>>
Lana passes better than I ever could
>>
>>6614257
I wouldn't say vast majority. I think probably like 55% of people who transition under 30 can probably pass to some degree, and those who transition under 20 is probably closer to 80% . The problem with the official statistics is that most trans in the US and western world transitioned later than 30, and in fact the average age of transition is going up, not down. However, /lgbt/ demographically is composed mostly of people under 30, as far as I can tell. Basically most of the trans here have transitioned earlier than is average.
>>
>>6614257
>you're still in a better position than you were before
>being a tranny
>>
classic autogynephiles
>>
File: 1466610234164.png (40KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466610234164.png
40KB, 700x600px
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 550x550px
>>6614257
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 626x896px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 626x896px
>>tfw mom says not to worry bout face

Thanks ._.
>>
>>6616459
>Text
>>
>>6616514
this is so fucking sweet awww I wish my mom was like that
>>
passing is about safety

when u stop caring about passing u stop caring about safety

>Not passing is not the end of the world, the vast majority of trans do not pass and most of those who do started HRT during puberty

sounds like ur an effortless agp hon
>>
File: 1467048496116.jpg (1MB, 2048x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1467048496116.jpg
1MB, 2048x1023px
yes, it really is important

people say this to not hurt the feelings of people who can't pass. it is not just about being happy with the way you look. if you are obviously transgender most people will either be indifferent toward you or outright dislike you. safety is a concern too. if the people around you don't treat you like a woman (or a man for FTM), it is much harder to get rid of dysphoria and depression. times may change but that is simply a hard truth

its not the end of the world, but don't downplay it.
>>
>>6614257

>most of those who do started HRT during puberty

starting at puberty helps, but it's not a prerequisite. Money and genetics play important roles too.
>>
>>6616514
do your grandparents know?
I have a Turkish grandma and I'm scared of her finding out
>>
>>6614257
Yeaaaaaaah this is bs... Only started to feel better as I started to pass more and more. Beforehand I still felt almost as bad as before hormones. Sure, I was happier that I was finally on them but that's about it.
>>
>>6616514
I love your mom.
>>
>>6614257

>but if you're truly trans then you'll be happier as a non-passing transgender than you would remaining as you were

Fuck off hon
>>
File: 1468464411571.gif (661KB, 245x179px) Image search: [Google]
1468464411571.gif
661KB, 245x179px
>>6616514

>Cis women sometimes have <feature> so there's no reason why you can't pass, hon!
>>
>>6614257

Right on. Look outside you ugly hon bitches, most women are ugly as fuck. Just have a look, not just at the pretty young girls, but the old women and the middle aged single mums.

Half of you are probably better looking in boimode than the average in the pool of women in your area.

Just loose some weight ;)
>>
It does matter to everyone, no exceptions
>>
>>6616740
When I feel no one can tell dysphoria goes away and I can relax. When I feel pretty it is truly elation. I didn't know if I would pass but I did it anyway.

Both ideas are right.

Passing is so helpful but I was certainly prepared not to.
>>
>>6614257
Left passes really well
>>
>>6626383
ikr people always say Lana is a hon but I don't actually think that's true, especially given how old she started at she turned out really good. she's just new-agey and autistic like a zany aunt.
>>
>>6626405
Seeing people over 40 is inspirational, makes you want to transition ASAP
>>
>>6617966
but it's true, anon. The thing is, you CAN have a square face like Erin O'Connor, but when you have the voice or mannerisms of a dude, you're going to get clocked either way.
>>
>>6614257
One on the right reminds me of Fran Blanche for some reason.
>>
File: 1465812918339.jpg (550KB, 1180x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1465812918339.jpg
550KB, 1180x1920px
Passing is important to me because my male features torment me whenever I'm reminded of them. If I see my adam's apple, my horse nose, my body hair, my bulge, I'm reminded that I'm still a man. I can wear all the dresses I want, put on all the make up I want, act as girly as I want, but if I can tell I'm still a man, I won't be happy.

This is the nature of dysphoria.

Not-passing but still dressing up as a girl and going outside results in scrutiny from others. This does not make me happy. Not-passing and looking into the mirror and seeing a man wearing a wig is embarrassing. This does not make me happy.

Wanting to pass does not invalidate you a """"true trans"""". Nothing does. What makes you truly trans is if you believe that you'll be happier as the opposite gender no matter what. Some of us want to pass more than others because we hate the way we look. That's all there is to it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.