[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epilate in secret?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: bath.jpg (202KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bath.jpg
202KB, 500x500px
I have a problem. I am in the closet about being trans, and since my dysphoria got so bad from repressing I became desperate and had to shave all my body hair. Feels fucking great being smooth and fem ^_^. The problem is when it grows back after a day or two I start freaking out and have to shave it all again, and now I am locked in a constant cycle. I have been spending over an hour in the shower shaving and now my family give me shit about it, they say they don’t know what I am doing in there. And my older brother bangs on the door and rushes me just to be a dick. Also I think spending so long in the shower is making my skin go dry, and shaving is giving me red bumps all over my legs. So I am going to buy an epilator, but I wonder how loud are they? Is there any way I can keep this secret? Or should I just be open about it and say “oh its more hygienic” or something.. fuck my family are going to think I am gay or something…but hey that’s better than finding out the truth.

Also do I need to learn how to exfoliate or moisturize? I am new to this skin care crap…having been socialized as a boy really sucks.
>>
you're thinking into this way too much

why the fuck would they care if you use an epilator?
>>
>how loud are they?
Indiscrete.
http://www.epilatorcentral.com/what-is-the-quietest-epilator/

/r/skincareaddiction has a sidebar that will start you off with skin care in general.
>>
File: 127f3c8411.jpg (17KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
127f3c8411.jpg
17KB, 600x315px
>>6612237
Fuck now everyone is going to think i am using a vibrator...
>>
>>6612237
I want to add to this - "It sounds like a harvester".

>>6612222
Also quads confirm OP, just do it and fuck what they think.
>>
>>6612275
>just do it and fuck what they think
I wish i could, but I'm scared. my family is going to hate me...
>>
>>6612280
Don't let fear get in the way of that smooth delicious skin.

If anyone asks, just say you like it. You don't owe anyone an explanation beyond that anyway.
>>
>>6612207
you're definitely a woman. only a woman could be so insecure
>>
>living with family
Move
The fuck
Out
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 326x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 326x316px
What's an epilator?
I'm in the same ship as OP.
Just got done taking a one hour shower just for shaving. Now my skin feels are dry and pruny and I have a cut on my leg.
I'm open to a better option.
>>
>Also do I need to learn how to exfoliate or moisturize?
...yes?
>>
>>6612275
>I want to add to this - "It sounds like a harvester".
Or electric drill.
>>
>>6612207
Just buy the epilator and give zero fucks about their commentary from the peanut gallery.

Nobody kicks their son out of the house for shaving their legs... at least I hope not just for that.

Alternatively, if you can afford it, a home laser setup would be excellent, but I realize this isn't the most affordable thing.
>>
>>6612280
hate you because you're using an epilator?

what the fuck
>>
>>6612705
Masculinity in America is very fragile
>>
>>6612746
sounds more like some paranoid disorder
>>
Moisturise after shaving, will cut down on the red bumps. Also don't run the razor over the same skin twice, use plenty of shaving gel/foam (though I prefer gels) and use a very hot blade that is rinsed between strokes. In a pinch hair conditioner can substitute moisturiser

You can run a bath instead of a shower and that can cut down on the problem they probably have with you using up their water.
>>
>>6612746

I thought all American men were submissive pussies.
>>
>>6612207
Shit's a bit louder than an electric razor.

>>6612237
>Indiscrete.
Indiscreet.
>>
>>6612937
they're both. speaking as an american, i know for a fact that most men in this country dont know how to roll with the punches. they act hard as fuck and discriminate until someone comes along and puts them in thier place, then they turn into submissive pussies. the ones who arent submissive pussies are put in jail for breaking arbitrary laws.
>>
>>6612207
Already gave this advice but, shave at like 2 in the morning to avoid shit from the family. Use warmish water to shave and coldish water afterwards so you don't get razor burn. Always put on body cream right after you're done. Cream is oil based whereas lotion is water based. The cream will keep your skin moisturized and hydrated all day whereas lotion you'll have to keep applying. Try to get stuff with aloe in it too. Don't worry so much if they find out either as shaving your body doesn't automatically lead to tranny or gay. Body builders do it, swimmers do it, runners do it. Just don't be so self concious about it and pretend like you don't notice why it's wrong, remember we're all animals we can smell fear on other people. In order to get rid of any ingrown hairs use pic related for your body, shit does wonders. Keep that tranny shit a secret btw cause unless you already pass you shouldn't come out to you family cause you'll be asking for a bad time, even if they are supportive. Once you come out as trans you can't take that shit back, so look, LIKE FUCKING SCOUT THAT SHIT OUT, before you leap. Good luck.
>>
Not gonna lie, epilators are loud. If you live in an older house you can easily hear it in the adjacent rooms.
It's roughly as loud as running a gas powered whippet snipper lol

If you want something quiet have you looked into sugar wax? Look for Moom on amazon, it's really cheap and the hemp strips are washable. You'll spend maybe like $50/year on new wax
>>
You don't necessarily need to shave that much.

Girls have hair too and they don't do it daily.

I had the same problem as you at some point, was shaving daily. But it will destroy your skin. Learn to accept your hair and shave them like maybe weekly.

Another thing you can do is use depilatory creams. They won't remove everything, but the most visible black male hairs will be long to come back, which helps with dysphoria.

Or you can epilate. I did that twice and stopped. It hurts so much and it's long.
>>
>>6613097
My only hesitation is the pain desu
>>
>>6612985
>Indiscreet
Thanks! I'm ESL.
>>
File: spelling..jpg (20KB, 369x314px) Image search: [Google]
spelling..jpg
20KB, 369x314px
>>6613151
>>
I keep reading on most epilators that they are for women only. is this just marketing bullshit? or will they not work on thick male androgen induced hairs?
>>
>>6613035
Could i use vasaline for the moisturizer?
>>
>>6613097
The pain may ease a bit with time, I epilate about once a week.
I used to shave like every day in the past but the problem was hedgehog legs like 4+ hours later.

>>6614031
Well how many <men> do you know that likes stripping themselves of bodyhair? Even more so going through the torture of epilating for it?
Whichever you buy, I'm quite confident it'll rip the hairs out without any problem..
>>
>>6612207
>>6612415
I'm thinking of starting to shave my legs, but I live with family as well and they push the manly thing too much. What can I use as an excuse to shave them?
The hygiene thing wouldn't work since my parents already know me for being overly hygienic.
>>
>>6614910
I had the same problem
before i started shaving, i just thought i would say that i sweat and when that mixes with hair its a breeding ground for fungi/bacteria etc But honestly just damn shave it all off already! you wont regret it! if you are scared just shave your chest or upper arms and shoulders somewhere hidden first and no one will notice. then when you work up the courage start shaving more visible areas like lower arms and back of hands. feeling smooth is fucking awesome
>>
>>6614031
they'll rip your cock off like it's some random hairstraw
>>
>>6618841
That would be a good thing, and i would want that...
>>
Welp
I just ordered the bran silk epilt 9
or whatever it was called
>>
>>6619920
oh cool i am a week away from getting the same model. just need to get paid. ah man i hope its not too painful...
>>
>>6619920
Whaat, there's already no9? Mine's 7 and maybe a bit more than 1 year old at best huh
>>
>>6612937
thats why their masculinity is fragile
>>
>>6614031
If anything it works better on thicker hair. The way I see it the thicker the hair the more likely it is to damage the follicle upon getting ripped out.
>>
I suggest you start practicing real talk with family members.
Long talks about stuff that doesn't really matter too much.
That way, everyone may be a bit more comfortable around each other.

Oh and since it's summer, the sea can be great for your skin.
>>
>>6620202
tfw I do talk but they mostly ignore me...
>>
>>6612207
>I have been spending over an hour in the shower shaving and now my family give me shit about it, they say they don’t know what I am doing in there. And my older brother bangs on the door and rushes me just to be a dick.
My younger brother used to spend up to 30 minutes in the bathroom masturbating and mother had a room for herself (nobody could enter) for an hour whenever she wanted to meditate. This shit pissed me off unbelievably and I'm not surprised that your family is reacting like this. Stop doing it, fuck you and your smoothness ^^^^^^^^^___________^^^^^^
>>
>>6620793
Sacrelige!
>>
>>6620793
Seems like your parents had too many children for their means
>>
>>6620851
What does that have to do with my post?
>>
>>6620874
You're complaining about there not being enough rooms and bathrooms
>>
>>6620957
>bathrooms
A house has one bathroom (two if the toilet is separate)
>rooms
I need shit from an another room and I'm annoyed when I can't get it, what a surprise.
You still didn't answer what this has to do with my post. Why does the number of my parents' children matter to you at all? Why are you pointing out things unrelated to what I'm talking about?
>>
>>6612302
This, I have a friend that shaves his arms, he is not trans or gay or anything but he hates arm hair for some reason. people ask him about it and he just says he hates arm hair. The conversation about it usually ends there. Some people call him a fag but so the fuck what.
>>
>>6614910
>What can I use as an excuse to shave them?
Join the swim team or start road biking.
>>
>>6620999
>tfw your watch snags on your arm hair
>tfw try to moisturize your arms
>get weird feeling of sticky hair on arm

It's just so much better, I don't mind a little, but mine can get a little long.
>>
>>6621036
he doesn't get anything like that anymore since he has been doing it so long. I shaved my chest once, never again. I got so many ingrown hairs and no matter what shirt I wore it seemed to snag on short hairs after a day. I was miserable till it grew long enough to not get hung up in cloth but it did look great right after I did it.
I should try it again I really don't like my chest hair. or maybe one of these new methods is better.
>>
>>6620998
You're retarded m8
>>
>>6621069
maybe try epilating your chest hair...
>>
File: Mio-scared-03.gif (272KB, 365x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mio-scared-03.gif
272KB, 365x480px
>>6620193
>If anything it works better on thicker hair
Wait does this mean that epilators hurt cis girls less because their hair is thin?

How much pain am i getting my self into??
>>
>>6625529
A lot, I couldn't do it and I'm a self harmer since early teens.
Got lasered though, so it cool
>>
>>6625628
So maybe its best to get in a depressed mode where i will want the pain? or maybe i should get high on painkillers and try it?
>>
>>6625529
>>6625983
I just stopped caring and watched animu while epilating for the first time, the pain was extreme and I just kept going with a straight face until I finished.
After that, literally nothing feels painful anymore in comparison, but anyway epilating stopped hurting after like the 5th time.
>>
File: saber.jpg (359KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
saber.jpg
359KB, 800x640px
>>6626000
>After that, literally nothing feels painful anymore in comparison
You make it sound like epilating is going to be a life altering challenge.

Maybe this is like a cumming of age ceremony, or test of courage to separate the boys from the transgirls.
>>
File: 1469115583915.jpg (98KB, 510x967px) Image search: [Google]
1469115583915.jpg
98KB, 510x967px
>>6612207
Have you tried shaving with a razor right before or after showering?

>get cup
>fill with hot water
>mix in some conditioner (this is a replacement for shaving cream)
>swish the razor around in the cup to get hair off
>rinse cup and body off in the shower wheb finished

If your family asks why you were in the bathroom so long with the water off tell then you were flossing or messing with your hair or jerking off or whatever
>>
you can shave outside of the shower with coconut oil and a 5 blade. you could use any lotion or oil really. and they wont dry you out like shaving cream. just use a bowl of water and a towel in your bedroom and noone will yell at u for taking up the shower
>>
>>6627207
B..but my bathroom doesn't have a lock on the door, so if i am in there with the shower off they might walk in and catch me shaving
>>
>>6613097
>You don't necessarily need to shave that much.
>Girls have hair too and they don't do it daily.
Then don't they end up hairy and unattractive? How can they schlick to themselves then?
>>
>>6632381
cis girls dont need to shave as much because their hormones make their body hair thin and light
>>
>>6625529
It helps if you manually tweeze the area first to eliminate the majority of the hairs. The regrowth will also be less painful to epilate.
It takes like 4 or 5 plucks before the follicles start weakening.
If you're epilating legs or other big areas I'd just recommend waxing them to begin with since waxing tends to hurt less and it's quicker. Epilators are more just for maintenance on big areas.
>>
>>6633702
wont waxing hurt to though? if i have to feel pain isnt it better to just try and get through epilation?
>>
>>6633750
Waxing hurts less than epilators my from my experience.
For new areas that are thick with hair I usually wax first and then use epilators after that. If I neglect to epilate and a lot grows back I just wax again. I use the Moom sugar wax, it's like $20 for the kit with washable hemp strips and like $5 for a jar of wax (if you don't like making your own sugar wax)
Waxing is less painful and quicker on bigger areas, but way messier than epilators. Plus you have to heat it up and whatever.
Epilators hurt more and tend to miss hairs so it takes longer to clear an area. But they're clean and if you buy a good epilator it lasts forever. My emjoi 72-tweezer one is about 6 years old now and has no issues.

I'd recommend utilizing both and testing out which techniques work best for you. I mainly epilate my butt, chest, and whatever loose shoulder hairs I get. But my legs get so much hair that epilating just can't get through it so I wax and epilate as maintenence.
>>
>>6626962
it does hurt a lot the first time. if you do it regularly afterwards the hair is so thin you barely feel anything anymore. absolutely exfoliate regularly. if you don't the hair will ingrow and your legs will start to itch like crazy. that was a really unpleasant experience to say the least. use lotion daily too.
>>
>tried epilating my arms
painful as fuck, worse than my chest

Guess I'll try waxing
>>
>>6637235
>use lotion daily too.
What kind of lotion?
>>
>>6637235
What's the most convenient way of exfoliating?
>>
>>6637257
I use a volcanic stone. Just put soap on the area and gently scrub with the stone. Depends on how tough your skin is I guess.
>>
>>6637246
lotion that hydrates? i use nivea inshower lotion. it's okay. i mainly use it because it's easy and quick and i can literally put tights on right after without any sticky feelings.
>>6637257
i use exfoliating gloves. easiest and quickest to cover your entire body (well the parts you can reach). they're fairly cheap on amazon too.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.