[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I come out to my parents as non-binary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: ss+(2015-10-21+at+09.55.55).jpg (73KB, 686x649px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-21+at+09.55.55).jpg
73KB, 686x649px
How do I come out to my parents as non-binary?
>>
>>6610749

You could start by not being faggot
>>
Is it really necessary to begin with, honestly?
>>
>>6610765
for my parents to know who I really am? uh, yes I think that's pretty fucking necessary?
>>
>>6610765
Depends. If OP is medically transitioning, the parents should probably know what's going on.
>>
>>6610777
How does one "medically transition" to non-binary? And what kind of doctor would allow that to happen anyway?
>>
>>6610789
Non-binary people can have gender dysphoria and desire a more physically androgynous state. A responsible doctor wouldn't leave that untreated.
>>
>>6610867
Anti psychotic drugs
>>
>>6610879
Don't work because gender dysphoria is not a delusion.
>>
>Non-binary
>>
>>6610749
do your parents know what non-binary means? are they the type of people who would be receptive to the concept, if you were to explain it to them?

really, op, you'll probably need to explain to them what non-binary means. you know them better than i do, obviously. try and find a way to explain it to them that seems most likely to get a positive response.
>>
listen i'm around your age probably and i don't even know what nonbinary means. just tell them you're gay if you really want them to know you're not straight.
>>
>>6610997
gender =/= sexuality. there's no point in telling their parents they're gay. it's seriously nowhere near the same thing.
>>
>>6611011
that's not the issue, the issue is the most understanding op's gonna get out of his parent is that he's gay. explaining all this stuff about gender and sexuality means nothing to anyone who's older than 35 years old.
>>
>>6611033
that's not true. clearly you can't put together a coherent enough thought to actually explain this to someone. i came out as nonbinary to my 50 year old mother, and with time she understood and she now supports me fully.
i knew 4chan was filled with autists but damn.
>>
File: Stilts Marilyn.jpg (40KB, 251x504px) Image search: [Google]
Stilts Marilyn.jpg
40KB, 251x504px
>>6610749

Which one of you wants to come out?

[Pa dum, PUM!! *ching* ]
>>
>>6610776
Is it? I haven't told my parents and that's worked out pretty fine.
>>
Well you can start by getting a grip of yourself and realise that what you're doing is a fad and phase
>>
You can start by not being retarded?
Dress however you want and fuck whoever you want, your parents if they're decent will love you no matter what. If they don't well they sure as hell won't understand BS like "non-binary", get the fuck outta here with that shit.
>>
>>6611052
>i came out as nonbinary
>4chan filled with autists

Yes you're one of them with your made up shit.
>>
First listen to this to calm down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEvg4vLWT70
Then go up to them and just lay it to them straight (heh)
>>
>>6611581
>>6611581
Thanks anon.
>>
>>6611033
Can confirm if my friend or senpai told me this i would just assume theyre gay and i am not even that old. I would still love them though. Whats wrong with being gay?
>>
>>6612580
Because being "non-binary" might also imply going on HRT and dressing in an androgynous way while not actually being homosexual

It's not the same as just being gay
>>
>>6610749
Is there any actual evidence that non-binary genders exist yet? Like neurological proof that it's a thing like there is proof of gender dysphoria?
>>
>>6613641
No, so far its either cis people who want to live day to day dressed as whatever gender they feel, or trans people who are in the closet.
>>
>>6613641
>Implying there's neurological proof for trannies

being non-binary is the same shit just not as extreme
>>
Before you come out, here´s a checklist to know if you´re non-binary:

1. Be on tumblr (most important)
2. Have dyed hair
3. Have a septum piercing
4. Ridicilous eyebrows
5. Either super feminine or a butch
6. You call yourself 'flower prince' or anything faggy like that.
7. You show your boobs in every pic. When people say she, get furious.
8. You look super feminine and demand for people to call you they/them.

I bet you scored at least a 7 on this :^)
>>
Unless you are transitioning don't don't tell anyone who you would have any potentially adverse reaction (basically only come out to tumblerinas). There is no need to come out to people who don't need to know, especially since non-binary is a meme gender and you will probably not identify as such in the future. If you come out as a meme now and then realize you're wrong, you'll have to come out again as cis or trans in the future, but people will still think you are a degenerate.
>>
>>6610765
>>6610952
>>6611304
>>6611413
>>6611423
>>6613821
i really hope yall arent some kind of lgbt
>>
>>6617019
theyre all probably cis gays, so their opinions here aren't really important.
>>
>>6617053
distinction still stands

but i guess its been long enough that theyve been accepted that they think they are "normal"
>>
>>6617019
Why not?
>>
>>6617085
hypocrisy, mostly
>>
Faggot lol
>>
>>6617094
Elaborate.
>>
>>6617118
all lgbt people are subject to this kind of derision and erasure, and have been throughout history

to turn around and subject someone else to that is hypocritical
>>
>>6617118
im not the person you responded to, but it's really gross when you're all bashing on nonbinary people while being ostracized yourselves.
>>
>>6617130
because nonbinary isnt real dude
that's not "erasure" or anything they just aint real
>>
>>6617142
it's hard to take you seriously, because who are you really to say which human experiences are real and which are not? no one is really the authority on something like this, except for the people who experience it.

im not nonbinary, but i believe the people who say they are, because... they would know better who they are than i would, wouldn't they?
>>
>>6617142
yeah just like bisexual women are just straight girls who want attention, bisexual men are just gay men in the closet, and trans women are just mentally ill crossdressers

you should seek to understand something before you say it doesnt exist
have you ever talked to an nb person before in your life?
>>
>>6617129
>>6617130
I'm not one of the quoted anons above, but I have to agree with them.
A gay man is attracted to men, a lesbian is attracted to women, a bisexual is attracted to both, and a transsexual experiences body dysphoria where they feel as though their body doesn't match their mind.
These are legitimate things.
How is the fact that sometimes you wear dresses and sometimes you wear suits merit coming out to your parents? what is the supposed BIG STRUGGLE of a non-binary? No offence, but sitting down with your parents and saying "i wanna be a girl sometimes and a boy sometimes" merits a shut the fuck up. That sort of thing completely invalidates the actual struggles of the LGBT. It's a snowflake label for people struggling for special attention.

This is my opinion at least, I would really like to understand your reasonings, but not once has anyone been able to explain it to me in a way that makes me sympathize.
>>
>>6617159
nb people experience dysphoria, though perhaps in a different way from binary trans people

and most of the examples you are thinking of would refer to genderfluid people
non binary is just an umbrella term that covers everything outside of the binary ends of the gender spectrum

for me i want to be neither male or female
>>
>>6617168
I realized after I sent it that I was referring more to genderfluids.
Please, explain to me the dysphoria of a non-binary.
What does it mean to not want to be male or female?
I'm actually curious because I can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>6617159
being nonbinary isn't what you're describing it to be. it isn't "sometimes i wear dresses, sometimes i wear suits", it's the experience of having a gender identity outside of male or female. that's something pretty important to let your family know about. not everyone wants to live their lives in secret and hide their identity from their loved ones.
the reason that nonbinary people will change their appearance to present stereotypically as one gender or another is because we live in a society built entirely around two categories: male and female. honestly i think the struggle of someone who is nonbinary is particularly difficult, because they aren't really able to exist. they can't even do something as simple as use a public restroom, because there's almost never a unisex toilet available.
oh, and nonbinary people can definitely feel gender dysphoria. it isn't exclusive to binary trans people.
>>
>>6617178
similar to a trans woman, i feel disgust at my masculine features, and i wish i didnt have them
being referred to by a male name and male pronouns makes me feel uncomfortable
but i am also just as uncomfortable with the idea of appearing fully female, and being known as a female
i want to appear fully androgynous, thats my ultimate goal
>>
>>6617196
Okay, So you want to look androgynous. That's just self-esteem, and self-image, that's not dysphoria.

I don't think you're aware of how self-destructive dysphoria actually is.

Look, when a fetus is developing in the womb, sex is determined, then later on the brain gets hormones... lots of T = male brain, any less T = female brain, because female is the default. this explains transexualism. where the brain disagrees with the image of the body.

However, because there's no system in the brain that would allow for the brain to feel third gendered or half gendered or anything else.

So isn't it fair to say that middle genders are not a real thing, and simply a delusion?
>>
>>6617238
do you even know about how complicated sex is? there's tons of shit that can deviate from male and female. for example, literally any intersex person.
>>
>>6617238
and you believe that its a binary switch from one to the other
>>
>>6617238
do you think i dont know what self destruction is?
dont pretend to know my experience
you dont fucking know me
>>
>>6617245
I get that, But an intersex still has bits and pieces of either two sexes. they aren't a third gender.
>>6617250
Calm down dude, I'm not trying to imply I know your life, but the way you described it just sounded like it's an inconvenience to you.

I know my questions seem rude, I'm not trying to start shit, I'm just asking the hard hitting questions to get answers that I've never received.
>>
>>6617271
when you put it into simple words it may seem like simply an inconvenience
but words cant describe how it feels, especially to someone who hasnt felt it
i talk to a lot of trans people with crippling dysphoria, and i know mine isnt as bad as theirs, but i know that its the same feelings
>>
>>6617287
So what's the image you have of yourself in your own head? what's the end goal for a non-binary?
>>
>>6617297
i want to be perfectly androgynous, neither male or female, and unable to be distinguished as such
this is a fairly unrealistic goal i realize, but then again, so is 100% passing as cis for most trans people
socially its somewhat different
where a trans woman's goal would be to be always gendered female, i, in a binary society would feel validated if people were so utterly confused they actually felt the need to ask if i was a boy or a girl, to which id be able to reply neither, and feel good about it
>>
>>6617310
Okay, THANK YOU.
This makes sense to me.
Thank you for not calling me a transphobic shitlord or something like literally EVERYONE else I've ever asked.
Because of you, this is a thing I'm willing to accept.
>>
Sure smells like tumblr in here.
>>
>>6617310
>i want to be perfectly androgynous, neither male or female, and unable to be distinguished as such
so you want to base your looks completely on how much other people would perceive you as a special snowflake
>>
>>6617312
youre welcome i guess
thanks for actually listening

>>6617314
how is this different from wanting to be percieved as female, or male? thats also totally based on others perceptions
>>
I at this point don't think any sexual label has validity since psychology is such a cluster fucked field. Until we find a physical explanation on how the brain works, all these things remain a philosophy rather than a science. Not trying to sound like a fedora lord but our perception's always pulling tricks on us, we need a more objective theory.
>>
>>6617320
because that's not about being special and uncategorizable?
>>
>>6617327
i still dont really see your point
a trans woman would feel most comfortable when gendered female, and i would feel most comfortable being androgynous
>>
>>6617334
i.e. special
that's my point
>>
>>6617336
ok
still dont see the point
is everyone who is different from the "norm" actually "just trying to be special"?
>>
>>6617338
if you intentionally try, obviously yes
>>
>>6617342
i guess if by "intentionally try" you mean "be out and try to transition to fit what you think is best for you" then sure
>>
From my experience coming out as trans is pretty horrible and something I would've avoided if possible. So I don't reccommend coming out as non-binary, which is similar, unless you must because you need HRT and medical transition. If all you want to do is dress and look more androgynous, just do that and explain to your parents that you want to look androgynous and dislike being typically male or female if they ask.
>>
>>6613716
>not as extreme
Yeah, completely rejecting the gender binary is no big deal.
>>
>>6610749
Don't.
>>
>>6610894
But it is a mental illness.
>>
>>6610749
>Mom, Dad, I have to tell you something.
>It's...I...I desperately crave attention Mom!! And I don't get enough! *sobs* All my friends at Tumblr and the LGBTQIA++ club at high school have all these...these special identities and are so oppressed and they call me p-privileged and IT'S GOTTA STOP I'M SPECIAL TOO
>>
>>6617512
It's not. Though it involves the brain, it's about hormone exposure, and how the brain physically develops.
>>
>>6617518
haha nice quality post anon! very original and well thought out! 10/10
>>
File: 654323456776.jpg (42KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
654323456776.jpg
42KB, 604x604px
>>6617520
Somebody who would go as far as getting their dick cut off clearly has something wrong with them, mentally.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.