[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the difference between bisexuals and pansexuals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: an hiro.png (114KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
an hiro.png
114KB, 512x512px
So what's the difference between bisexuals and pansexuals?
>>
>>6592703
Pansexuals explicitly respect NB identities/bodies, bisexuality does not.

Once respect for those bodies/identities is implicit/assumed, one or the other will be entirely superfluous.
>>
>>6592703
Pansexuals put made up identities above trans people, and are actively bigoted against trans people (transsexual people).
Bisexual are not.
>>
>>6592751
What leads you to believe this?
>>
>>6592703
Pansex people believe non binary is a thing.
Bisex people are rational and correct.
This is coming from an MtF
>>
>>6592703
Pan sexual s are bisexuals who decided that they needed more attention/progressive points
>>
we have this thread everyday
>>
>>6592703
bisexuals sleep with both women and men
>pansexual is like bisexual with a added caviot that they also sleep with trans people or andro people or kitchenware or whoever
The problem with pansexual label is that 99% of people think its just a snowflake way of saying bisexual because most bisexuals will sleep with anything they think is attractive no matter if it crossdresses or is trans or is a cute boy or is an andro whatever it is omg its cute tho.

So its a distinction without a difference.

>its a bad label just be bisexual
>>
>>6592805
Because it separates trans into a third gender rather than the one that they identify as or pass as.

To pansexuals here: what exactly about transpeople is it that makes them a third gender? they either pass as one or the other, and identify as a single one. So why disrespect that?
>>
>>6592869
>>6592999
So the pansexuals use a word to describe themselves and still manage to offend other people.
>>
What am I if I'm femme MtF attracted to men and women (trans or cis) but only those that are feminine in appearance.

Bisexual? Gynosexual? Straight-up abomination?
>>
>>6593064
isn't that just aesthetic preference?
>>
>>6592999
It does not necessarily separate transsexuals into a third gender for the same reason it does not necessarily separate cissexuals into a third gender. Nothing about respecting the idea of respecting nonbinary persons implies disrespecting binary persons cis or trans.

A man, cis or trans, does not need to be third gendered in order to not gender a third gender person as a man.

Again, why do you believe it does?
>>
>>6593068
So what's pansexual then? Only difference between a binary and non-binary body is aesthetics.
>>
>>6593096
Maybe it includes nullos?
Would be weird, theses guys are asexual most of the time.
>>
>>6593148
What about it doesn't?

Some of them neither identify as men, nor as women, and acknowledging that, and their existence, seems like it would be pretty positive.

Most of the hostility I'm seeing here is the same as you see with pushing acceptance of any other marginalized group.

Acknowledging gays/lesbians devalues straights.

Acknowledging trans men/women devalues cis men/women.

Acknowledging NB people devalues binary people.

Nothing new under the sun, it seems.
>>
>>6593181
But does it matter what you identify as when we're talking about what the other person is attracted to?

Being hetero, homo or bi combined with your aesthetic preferences is what matters.
To the guy that loves all king of dick no matter the body attached, if you identify as femboy or twink doesn't matter more than the girl being a lesbian to a hetero male.
There's gonna be things stopping you in your way to a relatioship, but in the end it's still just attraction we're talking about.
>>
>>6593252
>To the guy that loves all king of dick no matter the body attached, if you identify as femboy or twink doesn't matter more than the girl being a lesbian to a hetero male.
Only it does matter, because while gay explicitly encompasses all mens' attraction to men of all sorts, with specific inclusions left to the individual, "bi" does not explicitly include any attraction to NB persons. Nor does straight, gay, or lesbian.

Given that the experiences of NB persons are largely not included in much of mainstream discussion of any sort, and frequently ignored in discussions of sex and sexuality, a label that does explicitly say "yes, and you too" makes more than a little sense.

And there's more to sexuality for many people than dick and vag, even if they're the most popularly centered.
>>
>>6593316
NB is how people identify, not necessarely how people see you.
Bi doesn't need to include NB specifically, it's just a way to say that you are both homo and hetero.
You seem like the kind of people who would tell a self described bisexual he isn't a true bisexual because he doesn't like bears and only dates femboys on the masculine side of his spectrum of enjoyment.
Again, how you identify doesn't affect the attraction people have to you. And the androginty NB people have is but an aesthetic preference.
>And there's more to sexuality for many people than dick and vag, even if they're the most popularly centered.
That's why we include our hair and skin colour preference in our sexual orientation right?
>>
>>6593358
>You seem like the kind of people who would tell a self described bisexual he isn't a true bisexual because he doesn't like bears and only dates femboys on the masculine side of his spectrum of enjoyment.
Then you're mistaken. Whereas the label explicitly includes those attractions the hypothetical person does not possess, individual preferences allow the matter to be refined.

What did I say to make you think this thing, because it seems pulled out of thin air.

>Again, how you identify doesn't affect the attraction people have to you. And the androginty NB people have is but an aesthetic preference
How you identify says a lot about how you relate to other people and your sexuality, and that *is* a major component contributing to attraction. For many, rather than merely an aesthetic preference, their body's maleness, femaleness, in-betweenness, or ambiguousness is essential to how they understand themselves, have sexual relations, and otherwise relate to other bodies.

>That's why we include our hair and skin colour preference in our sexual orientation right?
While I know this isn't always the case, I've rarely found people whose gendered experience is not substantially more important to them, and a greater contributor to their interactions with others than their hair colour.

I have to say, your arguments are very similar to the ones used by people declaring that a man having relations with a trans woman must be gay, or that a woman having relations with a trans man must be a lesbian (or the straight inversion).

Is a word that actively respects these people actually offensive to you, for some reason, or is it simply that you despise new words that old words could conceivably stretch to fit, and don't consider explicit inclusion of a marginalized group a good enough reason to accept the (now quite old) neologism?
>>
The tumblr account
>>
>>6592703
One is an actual sexuality, whereas the other is a form of attention-seeking.
>>
>>6593049
yes, because bisexuals are already marginalized enough, to further subdivide them like that is not helpful.

>plus the distinction they draw is basically totally arbitrary and false
I personally hate the label, im bisexual and if anyone tried calling me pan or anything stupid for say dating a crossdresser or an andro-guy/girl then fuck them do death with my opinion. shove it right up their ass until they are dead and loving it
>>
>>6593546
>crossdresser
Crossdressers are mostly binary. That, is men who dress (and may behave) as women but identify as men, or women who dress as (and may behave as) men but identify as women.
These people are explicitly included in bisexual attraction, since they identify on the binary.

>andro-guy/girl
Androgynous men and women are ALSO explicitly included in the binary.

So congratulations on not having moved out of territory explicitly included in bisexuality.

Try moving away from the binary. You're dating someone GQ, and THEY hate the feeling of being invisibilized all the time in mainstream LGBT discussion, law, society, and even language.

>marginalized enough, to further subdivide them like that is not helpful.
So your idea is that a person being pan intrinsically causes friction and factiousness with bisexuals? Are you sure it's not what you're doing, right now, instead, of assuming the existence of other labels invalidates those you identify with?
>>
>>6592822
what's wrong with the (gender) non-binary thing? and how it isn't a thing?
>>
There really isn't a big difference, despite what they would tell you. The only difference I see is Bisexual people have the privileged of of saying they're not sexually attracted to non-binary people.
>>
>>6593612
>Try moving away from the binary. You're dating someone GQ,
again your assuming I dont
If its pretty i will fuck it.
>so you missed my point entirely while spewing binary nonsense

Nice of you to use the suffering of GQ persons to validate your bullshit pan label.
you basically admitted pan was superfluous in your own posting.
>>6592714
>Once respect for those bodies/identities is implicit/assumed, one or the other will be entirely superfluous.
See right there.
>>
>>6592999
Hello aussie satan
>>
>>6592999
>Because it separates trans into a third gender rather than the one that they identify as or pass as.

It doesn't, but I can see how you'd get that impression. Some pansexual people say that their sexual attraction extends not only to male and females, but also to transgender people. This could make it seem as if transexuals are being regarded as a third and fourth gender because they aren't cis.

However, I don't think that's the intention for most pansexuals. What they're trying to say is that they reject the gender binary entirely, recognizing gender identities other than male and female. Think intersex and transgender people with nonbinary pronouns.

>>6595559
>Bisexual people have the privileged of of saying they're not sexually attracted to non-binary people.

Technically a bisexual person could still be attracted to someone who is nonbinary. They just might not choose to recognize the person's nonbinary identity, and instead see them as an attractive man or woman.
>>
>>6592703
I don't know and I don't care. They seem synonymous.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.