[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal for trans people to crossdress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (202KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 750x1000px
I am kind of confused right now. I have been identifying as male (ftm) for about a year, but every once in a while, I want to dress like a girl. I still want a flat chest and a dick, but sometimes I want to crossdress as female just for the fun of it. I don't want to keep my boobs or vagina at any part of it, though. Is this normal or should I reconsider my identity?
>>
Just dress how you want. Quit trying to complicate things that should not be complicated.
>>
>>6587971
>Is it normal for trans people to crossdress?
probably. most people have a masculine and a feminine side. as a trans person, we're forced to express one of those for most of our life, and we admire certain parts of that expression.

but trans is short for transsexual, not transgender. gender is fluid, but sexual identity is not.

I'm a mtf and personally I cross-dress once every few months, but honestly it's more of drag then expression. knowing im female it's just a fun caricature of the false-person I was forced to be.
>>
>>6588613
What is the difference between sexual identity and gender?
>>
>>6587971
this seems to be a common thing in ftms

maybe because of socialization, girls are generally raised in such a way that doing gender variant things isn't all that weird. so for post transition ftms dressing up as a girl sometimes doesn't seem super bad because that was never socialized upon you as a child.

so its probably nbd, prolly just an artifact of how you were raised. have fun!
>>
All this gender bullshit is ridiculous. Men can be feminine, women can be masculine. If you think you're transgender and not just one of the above then you're stating that gender roles, behaviours and dress sense are biological fact.

Penis = male
Vagina = female

Everything else is your sexual preference, personal lifestyle etc and who gives a fuck.

Stop seeking validation online and feeding your delusions. This shit is all but baseless and the few actual "studies" with any relevance are barely more than speculation and drawing to causation without peer assessment.

Can't believe I even bothered to write this on my phone but I'm so sick of seeing this shit and how mainstream it has become.

Seek help in accepting who you are. Not medication and surgery to slap on a suit that does nothing more than feed your delusion/unfulfilled wishes.

If all those people who killed themselves post-op had gone to therapists that taught them acceptance with reality, appreciation and making the most of what they had, I guarantee they would have been a whole lot better off.
>>
>>6588768
>Penis = male
Technically, trans men have penises because the clitoris is homologous to the penis.
>>
>>6588641
Not that anon, but I think sexual identity is about the body, whether physically male or female, and transsex male wants a flat chest and a dick, and transsex girl wants tits and a vagina.

But they can still feel non-binary or fluid or transgirl/boy in mind.

I think it's all bullshit, but I think that's what they meant.
>>
>>6588790

Being related to something doesn't make it the same. Its these kind of idiotic leaps that enable these people.
>>
>>6588768
This.
I don't believe in trans(((gender))), I believe in transsexuality only, everything else is just personality and style.
>>
>>6588768
>Can't believe I even bothered to write this on my phone
Me too. Was no one in your life listening to your crackpot theories?
>>
>>6588807 what's bullshit?
>>
>>6588816
see
>>6588814
>>
>>6588815

The burden of proof isn't on me. Thanks for outing yourself as a retard though
>>
>>6588821
Oh.. I agree
>>
No need to complicate it. I'm a guy and sometimes I'll wear makeup or pants with flower patterns or heeled boots or such items that society dictates are reserved for women's fashion. Sometimes I'll even carry around a handbag if I have a lot of things to hold onto that day. I don't desire to be a woman. I don't look at it as a feminine thing and I certainly don't try to reassure myself "yo dude you're still manly despite all this" cause my masculinity isn't fragile. They're not women's things that I own; they're my things.
>>
>>6588831
Yeah, it really is. You made the statement contradicting a vast body of medical research. Prove that their conclusions are "barely more than speculation and drawing to causation without peer assessment".

It should be trivial.
>>
>>6588768
>If all those people who killed themselves post-op had gone to therapists that taught them acceptance with reality, appreciation and making the most of what they had, I guarantee they would have been a whole lot better off.
Next, provide your evidence leading you to believe this so heartily that you "guarantee" that a form of treatment found to be next to useless would have made all of those people' lives better, or even saved them.
>>
>>6587971
I feel this way as an MTF. I think it's fine.

Hey, we're trans. We've grown up with both. For better or worse, it is part of us, having both male and female parts of our lives.
>>
>>6588768
Why does the brain of transsexual people resembles more of the sex they identify with than the one they were born as if transsexualism is just a lifestyle and sexual preference?
>>
Nothing about being human is normal. Do whatever the hell you want and screw gender norms. I'm a bi male and I want to wear whatever the hell I want. Baggy pants, skirts, shorts, panchos, loose t-shirts regardless of being male.

You, just like I, should not have to justify what we want to wear based on our gender. Your case is no different just because you used to identify as the gender that people only associate dresses with.

For the record, I love blurring the gender line and find everything about this ridiculously arousing but don't let that stop or encourage you. You do you, brother!
>>
>>6588990
Thanks
>>
>>6588768
>If all those people who killed themselves post-op had gone to therapists that taught them acceptance with reality, appreciation and making the most of what they had, I guarantee they would have been a whole lot better off.
What about all of the people who offed themselves because they didn't get to transition or because of reparative "therapy"?
>>
>>6588871
>transitioning works
wasn't johns hopkins the premiere, trail blazing institution and then abandoned everything a long time ago?
>>
>>6589354
One of. Dr Paul McHugh explicitly accepted his role as director in order to destroy that function of the institution. He's a giant of politically motivated scientific dishonesty. The Catholic church keeps him on call to attack those that claim to have been abused by priests.
>>
>>6587971
I'm a passing MtF and sometimes I dress up as an Aiden Skylar, like i cut my hair in a pixie cut and bind my tits and wear just a jacket, so my binder shows through. I wear shitty reflective aviators and use my guy voice, but it's kind of feminine from talking with my female voice for so long. The trick is to call everyone dude, man, guy, or sir.

My fav part is when some fuckboy says I'm not a legit guy because I don't have a penis, so I mashing my real deal girl tinker on his leg. Made them all my bitch #alphaasfuck.
>>
>>6588768
I mostly agree with you, and while one of the main problems is misinformation it seems like you also haven't read studies as closely as you should have.

They're people with a mental disorder that can't always be solved via therapy alone. While we lack understanding of its causes, the only treatment for extreme cases has been HRT.

Your issue is that there are many people transitioning due to confusion regarding their sexuality in general, and as we still lack an understanding of this, confused people end up going on message boards like this for anecdotal evidence. They are then misinformed by people who are trying to convince others in order to validate the decisions they made themselves.
>>
>>6587971
I inherited a women's national costume that I've always felt comfortable wearing - with a binder. Clothes are clothes. Day to day I want what I wear to reaffirm my gender (because society), but I want to look gaudy sometimes too and I'll wear anything that looks good.

>>6588720
This makes sense.
>>
>>6588720
it is a "bad" thing to do in the dirty, sexual sense for male identified people. it's the dynamic for ftms. cross dressing is a very common male fetish also.
>>
>>6588969
Why do trans-tards want to reinforce that people are born a certain way?

If you could prove this, then they could study it and then insist you adhere to it.

No thanks.
I am what I chose.
I do what I want.
I don't need to fucking justify it and don't try to lump us all in with someone so weak they need that type of validation for being themselves.
Fuck you and your flawed brain scan theories.
>>
File: image.png (197KB, 1280x2241px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197KB, 1280x2241px
>>6596905
>why do trans tards want to reinforce that people are born a certain way
Because thus far, it's the truth. Do you genuinely believe all the homosexual men on this board chose to be homosexual?

>I am what I choose
No you aren't, retard.

>flawed brain scan theories
>flawed
>theories
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19403051

http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9781461474401-c1.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-1445735-p175098593

http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/11/2525.short

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0085914

Not quoting. Read them yourself. Transgender people are born with abnormal brains similar to homosexuals.

>don't try to lump us all in
No one is trying to. You're all born from different variations of the same fuck up. Sorry if reality hurts your gay fee-fees, anon.
>>
>>6597485
>http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/11/2525.short

Did you even read this? It goes completely against your theory. It says mtfs have male brains.

>http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0085914

This article says that a brain area possibly associated with discomfort is bigger in trans people. This article says absolutely nothing about brain gender.
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 1440x2560px
>>6602977
Kek whoops, go by the other two then. My argument still stands.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.