[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marriage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Hello.png (2MB, 1188x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Hello.png
2MB, 1188x1392px
Ahoy!
I recently became engaged at the age of twenty-three, but I do not want to make any avoidable mistakes. This is my first relationship, although we have been friends for many years. Only about a year ago have we discovered we loved each other.
Does anyone have any advice? Please?
I am really terrified because I have no idea what the heck to do about this.

P.S. Also, it would be nice just talk to anyone in general. I am in rural Kansas, & there is nobody to communicate with about lgbt issues without fear of being attacked. Thank you all!
>>
don't
>>
>>6580846
just kys its that simple
>>
>>6580931
What is "kys" ?
>>
>>6580942

>4chan advocates suicide so much it needs an abbreviation
>>
>>6580846
Honestly this is a really bad idea. Your first ever relationship and you've been going out for just a year? Why are you rushing into marriage? I mean, the idea of marriage is that you'll spend your whole lives together, so why not wait a few years to see how it works out - if you're planning to be together for life, what's a few years? Divorces are costly so you need to make sure you'll be good together.
Please tell me you are at least already cohabiting. Do not marry someone without living with them first.
>>
>>6580942
Kiss your spouse
>>
>>6580975
Oh, so "kill yourself".
That's charming!
Thank you for telling me about that.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here had any advice or anything about gay marriage in an anti-gay area. It would be really helpful.
>>
>>6580846
What the fuck even are you? You look like a poor mans Prince with that frilly blouse.
>>
>>6580990
Instead of going on honeymoon, use the money to move away from the anti-gay area
>>
>>6580980
It may sound weird, but I have known them since I was 14 years old. He has lived with me on many occasions as a roommate. We have been living together for a year & a half as an actual couple, though, & are doing so currently.
Thank you for your concern. I know it sounds brash, but we have a much deeper history than just some attractive person. My parents divorced after six months when they were 20, so I know all about taking things slow, haha!
>>
>>6580990
Traditionally you ask for homewares at a wedding, but everyone lives with their partner before they get married so that's kinda a non-starter
Will family be cool with this? If not, there's nothing wrong with just having a small wedding they're not invited to. You don't have to invite them if you know they're going to cause a scene or ruin your big day in some manner
>>
>>6581032
Oh, it will definitely be a small wedding. My friend registered as a reverend online to officiate or something, & we are going to have pancakes instead of wedding cake.
My family already disowned me awhile ago, but my fiance's still has no idea, which is an issue.
Didn't think about wedding gifts. . . My primary goal is to just get everyone there & skip to the snacks & stuff as soon as possible. I didn't consider the whole gift thing, though. That would be awesome. Thank you!
>>
File: Arch-Bishop.jpg (525KB, 1276x1846px) Image search: [Google]
Arch-Bishop.jpg
525KB, 1276x1846px
>>6581019
What even am I?

I am mistaken to be so fortunate as this.
I am the sword.
I am the cup.
I am okay.
I do not know why I am here.
I am not beautiful.
I am the blood under your nails.

You may be the East,
Yet I am the West.
Your pettiness may rise to you,
But it will fall to me.
>>
>I recently became engaged at the age of twenty-three
>This is my first relationship
>Only about a year
well, this is an avoidable mistake
>>
>>6581019
Also, go fuck yourself. Prince is too cool to be associated with me.
>>
>this young
>first relationship
>only dating for a year
>living in rural Kansas
and you want to fucking marry?
Hahaha.
At least wait until you're 30 or something and out of that hellhole.
Go live in a place where gay marriage is real and not something 99% of the population vehemently opposes.
>>
You're making a big mistake getting engaged. You need to get used to being with another person before getting married. I know new love is intoxicating but marriage is a huge commitment. I recommend living together a while first before you tie the knot, at least a year. That way you'll know a bit better what your domestic dynamic is.

To be more positive, it's great that you found someone you love. Cherish them, and protect them. It's a beautiful thing. Cheers.
>>
>>6581407
Thank you for your concern, but as I have said, I have known my love for almost a decade now. Thought it may have been during the idiocy of youth, & though we may be still within that same stupor, I believe we will succeed. I would like to know what sorts of inevitable trials we will face ahead & how to defeat them.
>>
File: 1428441515963.jpg (23KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1428441515963.jpg
23KB, 478x373px
>>6581101
Yup this is bullshit
>>
>>6581618
Having visited this site before, I cannot blame you for thinking so, but you are wrong.
For whatever it is worth, I am being sincere here.
>>
>>6581055
>My family already disowned me awhile ago, but my fiance's still has no idea, which is an issue.
Oh dude you really need to be able to talk about stuff like this with your fiancé! Good communication is air, sun, and water to a relationship.
>>
>>6581961
Thank you!
I agree, but he doesn't respond when I bring up the subject.
He proposed to me, by the way. It wasn't my idea. I said 'Yes.' though, & I do not want to break his heart.
We communicate about pretty much everything else that isn't about his family.
>>
File: 1468159330380.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468159330380.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>6580846
>>6580942
>>6580990
>>6581021
>>6581055
>>6581101
>>6581517>>6582025

If anyone thinks this is anything otherthan bait and ironic shitposting you are a newfag
>>
>>6582048
I really don't know how to express to you that I am being completely honest. . . What would even be funny about this? I am just actually seeing if anyone else who has had any experience with this sort of thing can share stuff.
I am currently asking a few different people about this (offline & on), & the unmediated vacuum of 4chan seemed like an interesting contributor.
I am not being ironic. I am absolutely sincere about my love.
>>
>>6581961
Also, wanted to be clear that when I said "my fiance's" had no clue, I meant possessive. His family doesn't know he is with me, but mine does.
>>
File: 1468032160637.jpg (96KB, 651x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468032160637.jpg
96KB, 651x768px
>>6582100
>>
>>6582148
If I am to kill myself, I shall not be destroyed by a mere rope.
The fire of all insects I have devoured will become part of me.
Destroy yourself.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.