[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap Effective Hair Removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: sex toy.jpg (25KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sex toy.jpg
25KB, 640x640px
Any people here know about hair removal using those home laser/light/epilator things? I don’t want to be a hairy tranny.

My doctor recommended I get one because they are relatively inexpensive compared to having laser done in a clinic. I need one that can take care of both facial and body hair. I know cis girls use them for facial hair, but having androgen induced hair is probably different. Any trannys here have experience or researched these? Are they good? Which one is best price/performance etc in your experiance? Also will hrt have an impact on their effectiveness?

here is a nice video of some
>>>6573117
>>
>>6578473
kek video is here
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDkwxMzk_58

i dont know how i pasted that ?_?
>>
Don't get a home kit

Get someone who knows what they're doing
Home kits tend to be too weak and near useless
>>
>>6578570
>Get someone who knows what they're doing
All those burn victims from laser clinics though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ikR4m9XhmY

People have too much trust in strangers just because they where white lab coats
>>
>>6578598
....yeah

I got a small burn too (under the chin area)

But that was from a patch test
You need to do them so they can get the settings right and not burn you when they actually get to work
>>
>>6578618
My GP told me abut one of his patients who burned a hole in her eyes with a home laser machine. She was trying to remove eyelash hair or something...
>>
>>6578682
At home ones (at least mine) warn to keep it under the cheekline for reasons like this (and just sensitive skin)

That being said mine still sucks -.- OP would just be better off using Groupon or something to bring the cost of laser down to a reasonable price (friend of mine took it down from ~2k to ~$200 for her face)
>>
>>6578473
epilators are good for home use if you can stand the pain. but they are generally best for small patches of hair.

i use my epilator for my underarms mostly.
i also use it for my legs in the summer too.
epilators also have a limited permanent effect as well, after a while some of your hair follicles will become damaged and you will noticed reduced hair growth in the areas you epilate. but it will not permanently get rid of all your hair.

laser home treatments are not worth it becasue they lack power to be effective as the ones in actual clinics.
>>
File: mJ6srDf.png (525KB, 864x1220px) Image search: [Google]
mJ6srDf.png
525KB, 864x1220px
>>6578473
I have a silkn thing, it's decent at reducing hair. Mostly my hands, arms, chest, abs, and lower legs. It doesn't really get the thinner hairs like my fuzzy ass or back or the ones off to the side. I've been using it for a couple years every once in a while (every 2-3 months?) trying to finally finish off the major areas. It's not doing my thighs much at all, but the rest seem like they could be permanently reduced.

I wouldn't use it on my face as a permanent solution. I went 12 times for pro laser, I think I ended up at like 26 J/cm^2 which is ~5x the power the silkn uses.

I'm supposed to be a "perfect" candidate. Fair skin, thick black body hair. I still plan on doing full professional laser on my entire body to get rid of the thick hairs and those fuzzy patches that are hard to even shave (and get pimply when I do). But for the cost, this home machine let me put off the huge expense of 6 sessions of real laser. And hopefully I'll need fewer than that because of what this thing has done so far.

I've done epilators & sugaring, both took at least as long as the IPL machine, were far more painful, and kept me smooth for less than a week. Plus pulling the hair out like that means you have to wait for it to cycle through for laser to me most effective.

Just as another fun fact, I've also had genital electrolysis without any numbing. That was pretty painful but hard to compare to anything since they're all different types of pain (stabbing versus a big laser slap). I'd say epi was the worst because I had to do it to myself, did it without shaving the hair down first, had a lot of hair, and it was just constantly pinching skin. On top of all that, it was about as effective as shaving, so fuck that.

That's my review. I hope it helped.
>>
>>6578473
>you'll always be hon tier unless you have clinically performed lazer hair removal

Prove me wrong.
Exception; Asians who never have facial hair anyway
>>
>>6583260
>>you'll always be hon tier unless you have clinically performed electrolysis hair removal
>ftfy
>>
>>6583260
I'm not trans, but I use an epilator on my neck hairs and I can definitely say it does give pretty close to permanent results. I've used epilators on my ass, thighs, and chest and after like 4-5 years you'll get about 50% less hair growth.
I know people want 100% removal but just saying for those that want something for the time being waxing/epilating does cause permanent damage to follicles eventually. I used to epilate my butt probably every 2 weeks and now I usually do it about 3-4 times a year and what does grow is barely noticeable because it's such thin hair.
>>
>>6579290
>i use my epilator for my underarms mostly.
How do you stand the pain?
Or are you on HRT so your body hair is thin?
>>
>>6578473
Home kits will not give permanent results.
All it'll give you is temporarily lessened growth.

They don't have intense enough pulses, and their durations are too long, for home kits to work.

Only option for permanent is to go professional.

>>6578598
Obviously you should make sure the one you go to know what they're doing.
You'd probably have found about peoples bad reviews of places like those.
>>
>>6590422
Don't use an epilator on your face, only body.
Shave before you epilate, and epilate every day for a while.

It really doesn't hurt that much.
>>
>>6583260
>prove me wrong derpa derp.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

>>6582819
That silkn thing is IPL right? does it reduce your need to shave?
>>
>>6590590
Silkn is a diode laser I believe, but it's pretty low power
>>
>>6590590
yea, they call it "HPL" with the H standing for Home I guess...

I'd say yes it reduces my need to shave. It's not that all hair stays away for longer; it's that fewer hairs grow in. So if I go a week without shaving, the hairs are just as long as they would be normally, there are just fewer of them so it looks fine/ more acceptable/ less noticeable.

Like I said, not sure if that lower density of coverage is permanent or the follicles are just "stunned" for 6+ months. Either way, stopgap until real laser. But originally I was hairy as FUCK on my forearms and legs.

The worst part is that it takes so fucking long to cover the whole body. So every once in a while after shaving I just zap around my thighs or whatever randomly until I'm sick of it. The girl who did my face laser said she can do legs in about 20 minutes with the laser they have. With my silkn, it takes like ... at least 2 hours to do just legs. My whole body took 4 the first time, and I never did it all at once again.
>>
>>6590458
I could barely epilate legs, I can't imagine doing it on a more sensitive parts.
>>
>>6595219
Try manually plucking the hair the first few times to weaken the follicle. That's how I did it on my junk
>>
>>6595219
Take an asprin beforehand and watch netflix with subtitles while you do it.

Also it can help to go over in the direction of hair growth once or twice before going against growth like the instructions say.

And start with less painful parts and work your way to more painful parts. Ime after a few minutes your body gets desensitized to it. Like endorphins or something. if I tried to start on my genitals it would hurt like hell, but if I do my legs first and then my stomach and then my pubic hair then it isn't so bad.

I still can't get the space between my genitals and my butt though, or the hair really close to my genitals. Its just too painful no matter what. But I epilate the rest of my body (aside from my face) without much of a problem
>>
File: B545P_SP303_01_6HV9J.jpg (5KB, 266x354px) Image search: [Google]
B545P_SP303_01_6HV9J.jpg
5KB, 266x354px
>>6578473
I just came from my laser appointment,

I have homemedics one.
it wont get rid of all hair, but it definitely reduce amount of hair that grows.
I get really good results on my arm,
but it wont help a lot on face, genital,armpits.

I guess they are good at weak hair folliciles.
you need to get proper laser for face.

I tried most of them, the beautician ones ,

electrolysis too.

I dont recommend electrolysis it is overrated and it gives you permanent scars. it made me cry for days. I would never allow anybody to cut my face

far from my experience medical lasers are best.
it is hard to find but , if you go hospital instead of beautician, you will be more happy.

if you are in Uk I could recommend my place
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.