[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the purpose of these meme genders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: memegender.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
memegender.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
What is the purpose of these meme genders?
>>
"i want to be able to say i'm oppressed like a tranny without actually being oppressed"
>>
File: 345345.png (546KB, 600x716px) Image search: [Google]
345345.png
546KB, 600x716px
>>6576990
people who negate the whole purpose of gender non-conforming and feminism by saying that gender roles/customs are inherent to your sex, and thus not conforming to them literally means that you're the opposite sex.
>>
>>6576990
I'd say one of them isn't bullshit, but has a bullshit descriptor. "Cisgender" is fine, but the term itself is cringe tier and the description even worse. Nobody was assigned a sex/gender at birth, they were born as that sex/gender. If they did something to mess with that, that still doesn't change they were simply born as a male or a female or everyone else. Intersex mutants are excluded as they are so rare it's basically pointless addressing them.
>>
>>6577082
male or female like everyone else*
>>
>>6577082
>Intersex mutants are excluded as they are so rare it's basically pointless addressing them.
Intersex people are actually more common, demographically, than trans people are.
>>
>>6577104
Ok? When did I bring up trannies, who are also statistically insignificant as fuck? Nowhere. Notice how I also only claimed that "cisgender" from that chart was real.
>>
>>6576990
I'm fine with them
But I can't imagine trigender. Like, I can't mentally conceive how something like that is possible.

I could possibly date a demiguy.
>>
>>6577082
Why do all ignorant morons argue like this?
>my sweeping generalization is completely true as long as you ignore these few inconvenient facts!!
>EVERYONE* is born male or female
>*except for those people who aren't
>>
File: 1467861374378.png (78KB, 1260x1776px) Image search: [Google]
1467861374378.png
78KB, 1260x1776px
>>
>>6576990
>The gender you were "assigned at birth"

It's not a fucking lab partner. I'm sorry, but aside from trannies, if any of you buy into this shit, you're an idiot.
>>
>>6577069
>>6577069
This to the power of infinity
>>
Why is being cis not just described as matching sex/gender?
>>
>>6577211
again, it's took make it sound as if being cis is being gender-conforming (hence the "identifying" as cis rather). like i said above, it's made by retarded people who think that gender-roles are biological and that violating them changes your gender/sex etc.
>>
>>6577154
you're mentally ill if you think that there is more then 2 genders. Sexual dimorphism is the reality of our species.
>>
>>6577154
You're the ignorant moron here, and you've offered zero counterargument.

You are born as male or female. Yes, you too hon. I don't care if you take hormones and modify your body to help you feel better, go ahead. I'm not stopping you. But you weren't assigned male/female at birth, you were just born male/female, just a mentally ill one.

Intersex are mutants.

There I summed it up.
>>
>>6577253
>everyone is born either male or female
>intersex people are not born either male or female
Your position literally does not make any sense, I don't know what more counterargument I need to offer other than its literally contradictory to say all people are x and also some people are not x
>>
Backlash against male/female marketing. Also, some weird dominance by various marketed masculinity paradigms like "metrosexual", "lumbersexual" and sheeple who are drawn to them by the need to belong to an identity that isn't perceived by a flock majority as "weak", because people ignorantly pigeonhole traits as black and white per se, instead of the shades of grey they truly are.

tl;dr: Gender isn't inherent, it's sold.
>>
there is only two genders

its ok to be neither or a combination of both
>>
>>6576990

My snowflake memegender is Unconcerned Right Now.

I let people think of me as any identity they want. If they know all the snowflake memegenders, they can choose from one of them. If not, then they have fewer options to choose from. If they have a specific question, then I can answer it cleanly if things need to be cleared up.

Guy 1 "Hey, I wanted to ask why you wear women's shirts sometimes."

Guy 2 "I have a feminine side to me. Call it what you want."

Guy 1 doesn't need a name for Guy 2 because it's not a common enough thing. It's like, if you don't use a program much, then you don't create a shortcut for it on your desktop.

Let's say Guy 1 and Guy 2 start dating for a while.

Guy 1 "Hey, we've been dating for a while and I am wanting to know how far you want to take this 'wearing women's clothing' thing."

Guy 2 "I don't know for sure, but I would like to start doing it more, but not all the time."

There's no panic when people can't find a name for it. There's not much point in finding a name for it either.
>>
If my parents decide that I'm genderfluid and raise me to believe such, does that make me transgender if I identify with my biological sex? Because genderfluid was "assigned at birth?"
>>
>>6577294
No you're understanding it wrong.
Everyone is born male or female.
Intersex aren't people.

Doesn't even matter either, you have done nothing to attack my point that you're a mentally ill man popping hormones to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>6577453
>Gender isn't inherent, it's sold.

That's a very nice turn of phrase.
>>
For me personally, I've never met a person that didn't look like a man or a woman.
Inside their head maybe they thought that they were three genders or had no gender at all. But to me, they still looked like a man or a woman.

Unless I meet a person that looks like nothing I've ever seen before I don't see how a third or more genders can or need to exist.
>>
Even though this is almost definitely a troll thread, I'm going to give you my best answer.

For a lot of people who identify as a snowflake gender, at least in my experience, the ones I've talked to, and myself included, its kind of a step towards figuring out that you're actually trans. For me personally it went from "I'm a straight girl, gays are gross! Trannies are weird!" (Because of my wonderful redneck upbringing) to, "oh, gays and trannies are fine but I'm still a straight girl," and then to, "wow I don't really feel comfortable being addressed as 'she...' Maybe I'm just a gender, its not like I want to be a guy. *nervousaughter*" and finally, "well, shit. I do want to be a guy."

So I guess they're kind of like coping mechanisms, in some form. At least, they were for me, and I have a close friends d who currently identifies as "nonbinary" but they have hinted around hard about wanting to transition. In their case, their boyfriend would leave thembecause he isnt gay!!!1!1 so they won't do it and are instead miserably dragging along.

Its sort of a convenient in-between, IMO.

Its a lot easier for people to say that they're some snowflake gender when they're questioning themselves as well.
>>
>>6577952
one day anon, one day
>>
>>6577806
Winning at progressivism
>>
>>6577082
assigned ____ at birth is such a cringe fucking phrase
>>
>>6577806
exactly. additionally, david reimer (i'm sure you've heard of him) was actually a trans man, because he was AFAB,
>>
Gender is a social construct
>>
>>6577952

I've genuinely only seen one picture on lgbt that was truly andro.
>>
>>6576990
trans and cis aren't memes, brah.

Everything else, though...
>>
>>6578015
This. I "identified" as genderfluid for about a year. I soon realized that I latched onto that term because it allowed me to be masculine but not go full on boy, considering how most of the people in my life wouldn't like it if I was trans (not to mention the actual dangers of being trans). Now, I know I'm ftm and that genderfluid bs was just me being in denial.
>>
>>6578015
>questioning

lmao, true trannies know from the moment they can form somewhat coherent thoughts.
>>
>>6578612
No, he wasn't.
>>
>>6581929
yes he was, he was assigned to grow up and live as female
>>
>>6582010
No he wasn't, you idiot. He was born physically male, had a botched circumcision and lost his genitalia, and was told to raise and grow up as a woman.

He's similar to a trans man in the sense that despite being conditioned from (almost) birth to live as a woman, he ended up living as a man. But he was AMAB, not AFAB.
>>
>>6582329
>He was born physically male
#rekt
>>
>>6582329
>ambiguous genitalia kid gets given pseudo vagina
>not AFAB
wew lad, didn't happen at birth doesn't count ;^)
>>
>>6582536
His genitalia wasn't ambiguous. He was born a healthy male, and lost his genitals a few days later during a botched circumcision.
>>
>>6577294
as opposed to figuratively not making sense, and figuratively contradictory. kek
>>
>>6582329
>AMAB
no actually he was AFAB. Because he was assigned female after the botched circumicission. AMAB and AFAB come from intersex people originally.
>>
>>6577788
There is a name for it - crossdressing. You're a guy who likes to crossdress.

Lots of people have kinks - you just prefer to display your kink to the world for whatever reason, and some take that to the extreme by inventing "genders" like "non binary."
>>
>>6581786
I'm doing this shit right now. On my FB profile, it's set to "genderqueer" because I am nowhere near fucking remotely ready to come out as MtF.
>>
>>6576990

The purpose is that people want to feel special so they invent genders that don't exist in order to give themselves a special identity.

Its basically similar to a religion. No scientific base, encourages cohesion through making up bullshit, call non-believers heretics.
>>
>>6582542
ah, so the the A_AB is a completely useless piece of terminology? good to know
>>
>>6577082
>>6577174
>>6578584
Assigned means classification. Without that process of assignment, they couldn't write male or female on your birth certificate.

>>6577246
Sexual dimorphism is a common pattern, but it's just that, a pattern. Nature isn't perfect, even ignoring intersex and trans you sometimes see boys with more feminine biological traits and vice versa.

>>6577842
>Intersex aren't people.
Where is the proofs?

>>6582536
He was born, assigned male, then they tried to circumcize him, screwed up, and then gave him SRS. He's a MtFtM, not a FtM.

>>6582704
>>6583158
It means assigned male/female AT BIRTH. It's the "first" gender you're assigned, before you go through any kind of transition (which David Reimer's reconstructive surgery basically was).
>>
>>6583306
>>6583034
cringe
>>
>>6583401
Not an argument
>>
>>6583441
Not an argument
>>
>>6583401
Yeah, I know it's cringey. You're preaching to the choir, bitch. But it feels wrong to call myself "male" on my profile, so "genderqueer" is a shitty compromise for now.
>>
>>6583489
Not an argument
>>
>>6583845
Not an argument
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.