[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

getting clocked for looking in the eyes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

A friend of mine has a theory: she said that looking at people in the eyes can make clocking easier. Now, we are not talking about extreme cases of orangutans with wigs or huns, we are talking about people who can pass to a certain extent but get clocked occasionally. I certainly make eye contact with people who stare.

is it possible that she mistakenly thinks that looking in the eyes you NOTICE people clocking and you have a false bias?

in other words, that if you don't look, they are still clocking, but you don't notice?

By the way, I heard an antithetical theory that if you don't look at people in the eyes, they think you have something to hide and they clock more easily
Also if someone clocks you for the body, HOW COME they look at you in the eyes to determine you are a man? I don't get it. I mean, let's suppose someone gets clocked by the body and not the face, how come the person who is clocking looks at the face to determine if that's a man?

I am genuinely interested. PLEASE NO STUPID ANSWERS FROM HONS LIKE "PASSING IS ATTITUDE" OR "BE PROUN
>>
>>6576346

There's a couple of things I can think of that may be the cause of this:

Confidence, some people lack it sometimes. Being insecure always bring doubt to everyone around you since you doubt yourself already.

Exposure, maybe one barely passes or are a bit more andro leaning than they'd like to give themselves credit. The more someone stares into another's eyes and face, the more apparent the flaws or lack there of become apparent.

IIRC, all humans have that prejudice first impression thing, where you quickly size up/scale a stranger within a moment or two. If the person in question has more attention on them, it's possible that it brings more stares and with more staring brings more scrutiny at least imo.

Personally, I've always went for the average look, don't wear anything flashy or too plain and have my mannerisms on the fem/neural side. Never had a problem with getting clocked from people staring at my face too long as well.
>>
>>6576394
thank you for your response. I appreciate. With all due respect, I do not think confidence matters. If you have manly facial features, no amount of confidence will change that. Or did I misunderstand you?
>>
>>6576626

Hm, maybe I should have worded that better. By confidence, I mean like an aura of how sure you are about yourself. Ever see those men who have life pretty much figured out? They might not be tall or even good looking or in shape, but they have a certain swagger or class to themselves, women are the same way as well. Having something like that can help change people's impression of you greatly is kinda what I mean.

I 100% agree with you that having manly facial features, or rather too many to consider cis, will make it impossible for someone to pass. I guess it mostly applies more for people who are on the borderline of passing/already pass, but it still helps everyone.
>>
Women and men have different mannerisms.

They way a man walks and holds his weight is difference, same as the way he holds eye contact. Women's eye contact falls differently. hard to explain. Women tend to look at you, and you can tell they are gauging how you are assessing them. When you look in a man's eyes, he is assessing you.

Women tend to have a look of a positive: "Right...?"

Men have a look of: "Yes? What is it?"

But I'm a handsome white dude, so your mileage may vary in terms of how women and men look a you. But I believe there are always the differences. i have heard that when Hons get drunk they start walking like men.
>>
>>6576652

>i have heard that when Hons get drunk they start walking like men.
>implying they aren't always walking like men
>>
>>6576659
I don't know, I think that mannerism is important but greatly exaggerated. I think 99% of clocking is due to physical differences. Now, I would love if it was the dressing, the make up, my walk what clocks me, but it is not. Think about it. If a genetic woman walked like a man, would she be clocked? She would just be a woman walking like a man.
>>
>>6577341

Plenty of ugly as shit and barely "passable" cis women get clocked or mistaken for being trans/maab all the time. Butch lesbians, ugly cis women, or just masculine looking women in general.

Mannerisms are how one carries themselves. There's a huge difference between feminine and masculine, you might remember seeing a movie or seeing someone getting bullied for being queer/gay when they're just a little feminine.

While I agree with your premise for the most part that physical parts have a lot to do with passing, mannerisms are still important.

But no 6'5 linebacker who looks like Caitylnn Jenner is ever gonna pass. Ever.

Interesting though, I haven't been clocked in years and I still wear my faggy boy clothes from the men's section and haven't had to change my mannerisms much, but I've always been fem/faggy.
>>
>>6577406
>Plenty of ugly as shit and barely "passable" cis women get clocked or mistaken for being trans/maab all the time

this is false
when I'm driving I always see if I can fail to misgender a cis fem pedestrian from behind

and I'm talking about the ones in jeans/pants and a shirt - gender neutral clothing
and I always get it right

hips/shoulders/head and the way they carry themselves are different then men
>>
>>6577888
> I always see if I can fail to misgender a cis fem pedestrian from behind
What does that even mean ?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.