[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1453182719044.jpg (70KB, 735x820px) Image search: [Google]
1453182719044.jpg
70KB, 735x820px
Why do feminists say that a male born person can never truly understand what a female's experiences are like and how they shouldn't speak for them and if you try to deconstruct their behavior or critique it, you're a misogynist, while in the same breath, saying that every male is inherently privileged because of their biology and socialization, and that how they're affected by it is universal in that they all come out an entitled, latent rapist and misogynist?

Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
>>
>>6535618
I don't see it.
>>
>>6535618
What does this have to do with lgbt? This board has nothing to do with feminism
>>
>>6535618
your thinking of radfems or terfs
>>
>>6535618
feminism, all feminism, is the enemy of men, including mtfs, and i say that as an mtf myself.
>>
>>6535618
Why is that hypocritical?

Males get socialized as males. This doesn't necessarily mean they'll be rapist misogynists, but it means that they are socialized in a particular way that makes them more likely to be those things

Females are socialized as females, so their experience is different than that of males. Males do not get socialized in this way, therefore they can't "truly" understand what a female's experience is like (from their perspective)

Whether you accept these propositions or not is arguable, but they are not contradictory
>>
>>6538411
It's hypocritical because they say that a male born person can never truly understand a female's experiences while they try to deconstruct the male gender and sum up their experiences like they understand them, when in reality, (and by their own logic) they can't because they weren't socialized as male. They claim full authority on the discussion of gender and the critique of male socialization yet do not offer males any leeway into critiquing the female gender. The discussion is therefore completely gynocentric and everything bad is focused towards males.

If a male born person tried to deconstruct or critique how females behave, feminists would lash out exclaiming how that person is a misogynist and that they cannot truly understand women because they aren't one. It's partially why MRAs are immediately and indiscriminately shunned and shouted down so much by feminists. A female born feminist has every authority to speak for anyone of any gender but someone who isn't female cannot speak for themselves because "hurr durr patriarchy".
>>
>>6538505
I see what you're saying, that is a fair point. I do agree that feminists control of gender discussion is blatantly biased and doesn't properly factor in the male experience. I still wouldn't say the propositions are necessarily hypocritical as long as the feminists don't claim to truly understand the male perspective (since they can't by their own logic). Deconstructing and critiquing the socialization is still fair game though, and males can do the same for females, as long as they don't claim to truly understand their perspective.
So in principle it's not contradictory, but in execution it often is.

I really hope the discussion can be opened up and there would be a reconciliation of the male and female perspectives. idk if it would be called feminism at that point
>>
>>6535618
His name is gandalf of rivia you idiot
>>
>>6535618

Because the political left is competing with itself in the oppression olympics. Identity is becoming the most important thing and people would rather complain about how marginalized they are than do anything about it. That is why feminists complain about trans women.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.