[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain the appeal of trans to me. I can empathize with many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1460917809803.jpg (4KB, 116x178px) Image search: [Google]
1460917809803.jpg
4KB, 116x178px
Explain the appeal of trans to me. I can empathize with many walks of life, but I still can't get the gist of trannies no matter how I look at it. Sure I thought a few times what having a cunt instead of a dick would be like, but I consider myself pragmatic in this matter - I make use of what nature gave me, whatever it is. I just can't seem to imagine what giving shit about one's gender is like - what is it like to regard gender as your identity compass?
>>
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>6453540
I'm not even trolling, this is a legit question.
>>
>>6453543
Legit or not, this is practically how your average bait thread looks like.
>>
>>6453551
Like something that's not just some random sycophant circlejerk from another board?
>>
>>6453556
Completely true, but it's also how the general /pol/ shitpost looks like.
And we get those quite often.

This place has become some sort of Mecca for /pol/acks, with their pilgrimage to this board.
>>
>>6453565
That's cute, but it still doesn't answer my OP question.
>>
>>6453584
Have you tried asking on one of the tranny generals?
>>
>>6453535
You don't think a disabled person wants to be able bodied instead?
You're retarded.
>>
>>6453588
>generals
I know how generals work, everything that doesn't directly cater to the dozen people shitting one up gets passed over. Might as well tweet some tranny videogame reviewer at that point.
>>
>>6453591
So do trans people view themselves as disabled?
>>
>>6453535
Luckily we just had this thread. Here you go OP.
>>6440160
>>
>>6453596
Thank you my good xir, this is what I was looking for
>>
>>6453592
Well then try to make a more outrageous thread next time.

ironically enough troll threads give you the most honest replies.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 487x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 487x720px
>>6453535
>not 200%
Do you even meme brah
>>
>>6453599
We have this thread everyday, so just keep coming back to get your answer.
>>
>>6453535
yeah trans doesn't seem like much fun
why would i want to go trans?
>>
>>6455015
To feel like a special snowflake in a sea of tropical plebness
>>
>hate self because of body
>try to hate self less by changing body
That's basically the gist of it.
>>
>>6456911
But where does the self body hate come from? Many people are unsatisfied with their looks, but at the same time they aren't distracted enough by it to actively fight against it and they learn to cope with what they've got. Is this a much stronger impulse somehow?
>>
>>6458651
FUCKING
>MALE PATTERN BALDNESS
>male fat distribution
>skull wont stop fucking growing and changing shape
>big ass feet shoulders ribcage etc
>deep faggot voice
>fucking facial hair
>MUTILATED GENITALS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I FUCKING HATE THIS
LET ME LEAVE MY BODY
>>
>>6458651
>But where does the self body hate come from
From your fucking brain being a whiny piece of shit who decides to create problems for itself because it fucking wants to. It's the same as with depression.
You don't "catch" depression or "turn" depressed or have something happen to you that causes depression.
Well actually that can happen, but it's a completely different kind of depression and it's usually linked to PTSD and shit, not "oh no my girlfriend broke up with me I have depression now ;("
But still, the point stands that depression isn't caused by anything logical. Your brain just randomly decides it wants to be a cockbag and ruin your life, and then it does exactly that for no reason whatsoever. Gender dysphoria works the exact same way. You can't apply logic to it, because logic and psychology are mortal enemies.
>>
>>6458703
Would you consider it a part of the depression or is it an entirely separate thing?
>>
>>6458712
Completely and entirely unrelated. There's a strong correlation between the two in that many transgendered people are also depressed, but that's been proven to be a result of the general attitude towards trans people and not because being trans makes you depressed.
>>
>>6458746
>but that's been proven to be a result of the general attitude towards trans people and not because being trans makes you depressed.
What? No. It can be a part of it, but their body not being how it "should be" is the major factor. Even if everyone tells you you're a girl, if you can't even look at yourself in the mirror because you hate your body so much for being male/masculine then you're going to be depressed. The only trans people who are more bothered by how they're treated than their bodies are the ones who can pass or who come close to it, or delusional tumblrites who actually want to be what they consider to be trans (placing far too much emphasis on gender roles and generally superficial things) and don't experience genuine gender dysphoria.

Also your theory makes no sense if people don't know you're trans.

It doesn't directly make you depressed, but it causes problems which do directly make you depressed.
>>
>>6458746
>but that's been proven to be a result of the general attitude towards trans people and not because being trans makes you depressed.
lol
no
>>
>>6453593
either way they are
>>
>>6458944
>Also your theory makes no sense if people don't know you're trans.
While this is often much better than living as a pariah, many of the accounts of trans people who've lived stealth include descriptions of strong feelings of isolation, anxiety, and depression associated with the (often substantial) portion of their lives they had to sacrifice to be stealth, and the inability to connect with other people who've shared like experiences.

There is no place in our society that is particularly healthy for trans people. Just places that are more bearable.
>>
>>6458666
checked

so were your genitals mutilated by becoming a dick and balls or did they kike your shit up
>>
>>6458957
As if that couldn't be said of any other non-normalfag group.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.