[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why transexualism is a mental illness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (446B, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
446B, 286x176px
read my essay and give me your thoughts?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IRpKf0d6oUuUZ8KpN0j2iWNC-_QlmxRw-ZrPIWtUdgo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
i have to say, very well written.
>>
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it wasn't very well done. Some parts were obviously copied and pasted, and the quality and level of editing was pretty poor. Also, there are absolutely no references, and you use quite a bit of your own opinion, with no support from sources. Are you in a scientific field? It's more around the level of grade 10/11 work.
>>
>>6432120

I hope this isn't something you turned in or plan on turning in for credit. You need to fix some capitalization errors.
>>
>>6432120
But it is a mental illness. That's the point.
It's an illness and the only effective treatment is to transition.
Mental illnesses don't get cured, they are rarely treated with medication alone if at all, and they're neither voluntary nor rational.

Transgenderism just gets so much shit because not only does it defy society's precious gender roles, but it's also a mental illness. Society does not understand mental illnesses and marginalizes people who have them. Just look at all the idiots who think depression means "I'm very sad about something that happened and spend all day crying about it".
>>
>>6432120

Riddled with grammatical issues, quality of writing is on par with a sixth-grade essay, references no citations and is entirely an opinion-based piece.

You realize you're disregarding decades of psychiatric study, and consequently the views that the medical community at large has agreed upon? These people have a much better understanding of these issues than you do, because they're been studying transgender individuals extensively before you were even born.

>The DSM-V avoids labeling trannies as mentally ill because muh librul agenda

No, there's just no medical basis for saying that transgender people are mentally ill. Going on the current scientific theory, gender dysphoria / GID is believed to be caused by hormonal conditions in the womb during gestation, which influence the brain development of the fetus. In short, a trans person's brain development is thought to share some common physical features with that of the opposite sex. So for all intents and purposes, the trans brain is "normal," but it's in the wrong body. This is more suggestive of a physical condition than a mental illness. Since brain development can't be undone, the best the medical community can do is offer hormone replacement therapy and maybe sex reassignment to alleviate dysphoria.
>>
>>6432120
Honest thoughts? Not concrete enough and assumptions are abound. You stick solely in the realm of psychology which deals with mental illness without considering other possibilities, so you don't even adequately present an argument for the other side which has a decent amount of medical information you don't even bring up, which the informed reader only assumes is because you thought it hurt your argument too much to include peer reviewed scientific literature.

To the uninformed viewer, you can tell them anything and they'll believe if they agree with you already, most people agree with opinions they already want to side with anyway.

Unfortunately, your piece is just one sided hate propaganda, and doesn't care about the dichotomy between actual trans people and tumblr snowflakes who want attention.
>>
>>6432120
You can't expect us to be impressed when you literally just took everything from the "lolol trans is bad" troll cookbook and then inflated it into an essay 9th grade highschooler style.
>>
>>6432411
Truth hurts?

Kys faget
>>
>>6432428
I'm not upset that it's true, I'm upset that you didn't try harder. It seriously reads like a highschoolers essay. I expect better from you anon. Hell, even a link to a screamer shock site would have been better than this essay.
>>
File: g3qsc5io.jpg (23KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
g3qsc5io.jpg
23KB, 600x450px
Let's say that, hypothetically, transsexuality is a mental illness.

Would the solution be for trans people to get hormone therapy etc so that they are comfortable? Or to medicate them to make them feel "normal"?
>>
>someone with Gender Dysphoria sees themselves as having the opposite gender than what they truly have.

believe me, most trannies would kill to actually see a girl in the mirror. the fact that they don't is what causes them so much distress. you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.
>>
>>6432449
>the fact that they don't is what causes them so much distress
Thats cos they are insane.
>>
>>6432441
It makes more sense to see the dysphoria itself as the mental illness, and then being transgender becomes medically irreverent. That way hormonal/surgical treatment would be to alleviate the illness of dysphoria, with the goal making them healthy regardless of gender.
>>
>>6432474
not arguing against that, but what you said originally is wrong. if anything trannies probably see their natural sex characteristics in a more exaggerated light than they actually are.
>>
>>6432120
Lol.
>>
>>6432474
>cos

Are you 10 years old?
>>
>>6432441
>Would the solution be... to medicate them to make them feel "normal"?
That would be nice and simple except that no such medication exists.
Based on the newer neurological research we'll probably find a"cure" for gay people first.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.