[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing a doctor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Akemi.jpg (279KB, 643x980px) Image search: [Google]
Akemi.jpg
279KB, 643x980px
So I’ve been repressing my whole life, I have told no one. But now I am at the point where I’m totally fucked, and can’t live like this anymore.

I made an appointment tomorrow at a new a doctor. I am going to tell them that I am gender dysphoric. How do I not fuck this up? I am shit scared that I am going to panic and lie or something. I live in Australia and so a normal doctor is the first step before seeing a psychiatrist. What do I do if the doctor doesn’t know what the fuck to do with me? What if the doctor thinks I’m retarded or something? What if I get told to find a different doctor? Should I be prepared to explain gender dysphoria and how it is diagnosed and treated? I am worried the doctor will think I am nuts and not listen to me
>>
>>6429543
First of all when you set this appointment up did you ask if they even dealt with gender dysphoria?
>>
>>6429563
Hell no. the thought of that would be terrifying. I made the appointment online though their website. Its a clinic with multiple gp's and so i just picked one that has interest in mental illness.
>>
>>6429543
>I made the appointment online though their website.
god the US is such a third world shithole
>>
>>6429588
>>6429543
"I live in Australia"

0/10 for making me respond
>>
>>6429543
You could always kill yourself
Remember suicide is there for you
>>
>>6429581
most doctors won't even tough gender dysphoria with a ten foot pole. Would have saved yourself the embarrassment of asking on the phone first.
>>
>>6429647
b..but all i need them to do is give me a referral to a psychiatrist
>>
File: gp.png (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gp.png
111KB, 800x600px
So pic here is of the gp i picked. I figured she would be more understanding because she is British. and since she has experience in women's health she could probably do blood tests if i stat self meddling. Do you think should be worried because her family is Indian? she might be religious or something
>>
>>6429676
If you try hard enough, you can easily find a million and one reasons to not follow through on this.

Do you want that, or do you want to feel comfortable in your own skin for once in your life?
If it's the later, you will do anything it takes, no matter the risks.
>>
>>6429733
The thing is i am scared of set backs, i want to get hrt as soon as possible. I am worried about getting fucked over by doctors.
>>
>>6429645
I would rather die than kill myself
>>
>>6429676
>Sri Lanken cooking
That"s a red flag!
>>
What if you don't say that you are trans and just tell her that you want to see a gender therapist?
>>
>>6429985
What would be the point in that? I need a referal to a psychiatrist who can give me a diagnosis, i feel like a specialized gender therapist might be harder to find aswell
>>
>>6429985
Also in Aus the gp can make a mental health management plan which saves patients money or something
>>
>>6429543
Tell the Doc you need a referral to a pyc who deals with gender issues.

Then self med :)
>>
>>6432462
aaaaahh i did it, i told her, and then she felt my balls. she also gave me a blood test to check testotorone lch gnrh prolactin etc. I got a referral to some sort of psyc too but it will probably be about 4 weeks till appointment. fuck i am shaking.. there is no turning back now. the flood gates are open and this shit is real. I did it guys i came out to a real person!

Thanks for your help faggots! I don't have to kill myself anymore, I get to live life as a tranny freak :)
>>
>>6434502
Yay!
>>
>>6429873
Good. Stay that way.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.