[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the transgender suicide rates so high?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13

File: 17295822-mmmain.jpg (39KB, 620x451px) Image search: [Google]
17295822-mmmain.jpg
39KB, 620x451px
Why are the transgender suicide rates so high?
>>
Who cares
>>
>>6122512
Because it's what Allah wanted, hon
>>
>>6122512
You'd kill yourself too if you were a freak that nobody wanted
>>
Youre not even trying anymore, pol.
>>
>>6122512
You know why.
>>
>>6122512
Because we need more hugboxesz

Few things

>make malicious misgendering someone a crime
>make clocking a crime
>make the word hon part of hate speech prosecution
>give transgendered people more rights than and preference above cis people
>>
>>6122968
Does anyone even use hon as a derogatory term? I've only seen it here.
>>
>>6122988
It still needs be punished
>>
>>6122512
Do you even need to ask?

If there were some sort of treatment, that made trans people cis of the sex they wanted, and got to start their life over again.
Then if you asked the people if they wanted to let trans people to do that, they'd most probably say no, even if it wouldn't cost them anything.

People don't like trans people, they don't believe in it, and they think that it's "special treatment" if you give trans people any treatment at all. They'll argue that if trans people should receive treatment, then they should get whatever beautifying products they want, for free.
Basically, trans is where people dump their hate, and their "if I can't get it, then nobody should" shit, on.
>>
>>6123027
Eessh. Sorry
>>
File: hayayaya.jpg (84KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
hayayaya.jpg
84KB, 250x334px
>>6123027
Yeah this pretty much.
>>
>>6122968
...and they would still commit suicide more
>>
>>6122512
Being trans is hell
>>
>>6123027
I didn't need to be openly trans for people to shit all over me and now people are nicer so....
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 550x397px
>>6123027
>tfw this is completely true
>>
>>6122512
cause being trans fucking sucks
>>
>>6122512
they base their entire identity on their sense of vanity.
>>
>>6122512
Discrimination from society and lack of treatment, post transition the rates aren't so high.

>>6122968
How about just housing and employment discrimination protections so that trannies can't be kicked out and fired for their medical condition. Or finishing up reversing the political work of terfs and religious conservatives that got insurance coverage removed based on feels-driven political and religious opinions over medical ones.
>>
>>6122968
Buttblasted hon detected
Kek stay mad, sir
>>
>>6124235
ones on here do, at least
>>
>>6124246
Are you stupid?
That was obviously sarcastic.
>>
>>6122512
don't all mental disorders have a high suicide rate?
>>
>>6124198
tru dat my tranny.
>>6124275
yeah, but the thing is, gender dysphoria isn't a mental disorder, according to the worldwide health organization as of now.
>>
>>6124302
so if it's not a disorder of the mind, what is it?
>>
>>6124522
Current studies suggest it's a neurological disorder. There's a difference between a mental illness and neurological disorder.
>>
>>6124572
but aren't being bipolar and schizophrenia neurologically based as well?
>>
>>6124572
No, there isn't.
>>
>>6124640
well to be fair... "mental illness" is not a good term because there is no illness... no infection, no virus, etc. It's not a good term because it masks the problem or rather misrepresents the problem. I didn't use "illness" but instead used "disorder." The anon conflated the two when they responded but I was going to let it slide. I was just curious why calling it a mental disorder was incorrect. I don't really care what this or that organization now uses. I would just like to know the reason of "why" behind it.
>>
>>6124593
Don't know about those two, but psychopathy is.
It's an abnormality in the brain, it's not normal, where as in trans people there's no abnormality, just a mismatch.

>>6124672
There's nothing wrong with a trans persons mental state or brain, it just doesn't match with the body.
>>
>>6124687
just saying but psychopathy it's a umbrella term for several antisocial mental disorders psychopathy as the condition portrayed on media does not exist.
>>
>>6124687
lol, ok. I guess we will have to just agree to disagree then.
>>
>>6124727
It exists, it's people who can't feel empathy, and acts impulsively.
>>
>>6124687
>There's nothing wrong with a trans persons mental state or brain, it just doesn't match with the body.
It doesn't sound too different from a person born ugly who then undergoes cosmetic surgery, or being born with a certain skin color and making an effort to become white or whatever. Your problem just happens to be your sex.
>>
cause HRT makes you depressed
and depression ends in suicide
>>
>>6126357
How pretty you are, or your skin color, doesn't have a place in your neurology.

So, it's pretty different, not that you could understand that with your severely underdeveloped /pol/ brain
>>
>>6126391
>>6124687
>neurology
>trans are born with brains that are opposite to their sex

i hope you are up to date there my man, because the newest studies have finally debunked this shemale propaganda. Male and female brains are the same. Differences between sexes lie in the upbringing/cultural development, etc. of the person. Basically, if you are a man who wants to cut off his penis and call himself a full-on woman, you are mentally fucked up freak who was abused and need shock treatment.

Sources:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28582-scans-prove-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-male-or-female-brain/

Now go neck yourself you degenerate hon. :)
>>
that's like asking why men's suicide rates are so high

because it fucking sucks to be a man you incompetent fuck
>>
>>6126535
but that would imply that being a woman is even worse because tranny suicides attempts and completions both pre and post op are much higher. So being a man is bad but being a woman-man is even worse.
>>
>>6126541
>that would imply that being a woman is even worse

no it wouldn't
>>
>>6126544
Why are all those woman-men killing themselves off worse than just regular men? It's gotta be the woman part added on top that made it worse.
>>
File: 25234567.png (193KB, 402x469px) Image search: [Google]
25234567.png
193KB, 402x469px
>>6126563
>suicide rates retardedly higher in men than women
>women must have more difficult lives because 0.001% of men decide to fill up their body with the wrong hormones, chop off their dick, and end up killing themselves after they make an incredibly poor attempt at emulating what their perverted warped mentally ill minds perceive the female image to be
>>
>>6126577
Why would I chop off my dick? Girls love sucking me off probably more than you. Are you trolling or is this a genuine disconnect in knowledge?

Not sure if bait.

And to answer OP it's because entire lives are just ruined over these feelings. You can't breathe in your own skin.
>>
>>6126584
>Why would I chop off my dick?

The person I am speaking to specifically addressed post operative transgender women you fucking retard.
>>
>>6126590
As long as you agree that being a woman-man is much more stressful than being a man, it's all good.
>>
>>6126607
Yes, I agree that the mind of a degenerate, and a mind of a degenerate that stuffs their body full of harmful chemicals, would be significantly more difficult to function properly with than the mind of a healthy normal person.

It has nothing to do with life being more difficult as a woman as the majority of trans people never actually experience life as woman because they are all ugly as fuck hons a.k.a. crossdressing men who took their fucked up fetish too far.
>>
>>6126615
Some transgirl qt really hurt you at some point didn't she. Keep hope alive dude, I'm sure you'll be able to chase down another one of these days.
>>
File: 1459836756885.jpg (91KB, 1232x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459836756885.jpg
91KB, 1232x1080px
>>6126631
>ad hominem

that didn't take long
>>
>>6122512
Where to begin?

Because they realize what they've done to their bodies after the initial high of their genderswapping fetish has worn off.

Because they will always be a freakshow and never the real thing.

Because their weak, sick mind predestined them to self destruct.

I could go on, but it's funnier to imagine that in the time I wrote that another tranny deepthroated a shotgun.
>>
>>6126615
I actually encountered this opinion in the wild at a bar once. Like the man saying it actually honestly beleived what he was saying to it was strange.
>>
>>6126679
3 full paragraphs.

>reddit
>>
>>6122968
>give transgendered people more rights than and preference above cis people

Not how it works Anon
>>
File: 1461739147167.gif (572KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461739147167.gif
572KB, 640x360px
>>6122512
I think it's only going to get worse:

>moron activists have given trans issues way to much exposure to the public eye
>most people still don't understand trans stuff because the moron activists would rather scream transphobia at them than be gentle and thoughtful about it
>trans people have now been associated with pedophilia because the moron activists went too far
>people are more suspicious as a result and can pick trans people out easier where before when this stuff wasn't as well known, it meant trans people could pass more easily due to the public's ignorance
>moron activists have also been dangerously pressuring and convincing people to go on HRT and get surgery instead to solve their physical problems but not mental ones, as if HRT and surgery is some kind of magical cure-all
>the more extreme morons coach people on how to exploit their medical professionals and insurance company on how to get around certain things, when otherwise they may not have been able to for good reason
>many people who probably didn't need the surgery to begin with but some other form of help will end up regretting their choices and that they were exploited for ideological reasons
>moron activists have also convinced people that in order to feel okay with themselves, they need to depend on the approval of other people and if they don't get it they should feel like the world is coming to an end
>>
>>6124244
>employment discrimination protections

Shouldn't that already come under the Sex Discrimination Act or whatever?
>>
>>6126615
THIS
H
I
S

Shemales should just learn to live with their fucked up mental health, or get shock therapy.
>>
>>6126746
>moron activists have given trans issues way to much exposure to the public eye
Being invisible is a bad answer

>most people still don't understand...gentle and thoughtful about it
When a person is debating your right to exist, this discussion should not be treated as in good faith

>trans people have now been associated with pedophilia
This one I don't understand at all. It's not even a proper uncle Tom talking point.

>people are more suspicious...pass more easily due to the public's ignorance
Not suspicious, paranoid due to active fearmongering. False positives due to this now allow greater control of female self-expression through bullying and exploitation of trans-exclusionary laws and policies.

>activists..dangerously pressuring and convincing people...some kind of magical cure-all
HRT and surgery are shown to consistently improve the subjective quality of life of the great majority of people seeking them. Therapy without them is shown to be very nearly useless. Therapy with them, optimal.

>the more extreme...exploit their medical professionals...not have been able to for good reason
The typical "good reason" is that they don't adhere closely enough to the therapist-du-jour's stereotypes. An Irish study found that patients who bullshit their medical practitioners to move things along had the same positive results as patients who followed procedures - just much sooner.

>many people...didn't need the surgery to begin with...exploited for ideological reasons
The overwhelming majority of people who've undergone GRS have been happy with the results for decades, now. The overwhelming majority of those who regret the surgery do so because they're still socially ostracized despite.

>activists...convinced people...world is coming to an end
That's not activists. That's literally human nature. We're social animals, and broad public disdain, ridicule, and exploitation hurts. Being isolated and vulnerable is not good for the human mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 313x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 313x469px
Because being transgender isnt fun,look at me im transgender :(
>>
>>6124244
>medical condition
>>
>>6126864
Is this trolling?

>When a person is debating your right to exist, this discussion should not be treated as in good faith

When people are screaming and calling others transphobic rather than explain the genuine needs of those people in a non-insulting manner, of course people are going to be suspicious that there's probably a secret reason why they're so desperate to get access into certain spaces.

Also the point is taking into account ideologists taking advantage of the confused who would likely be okay if they'd taken a less drastic path, but have instead been convinced they need to take the dangerous path right there and then in order to find happiness.
>>
File: 1461734405264.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1461734405264.png
322KB, 546x700px
>You are all degenerate beta mentally ill autists who should commit suicide

Is anyone still getting triggered by this, lol.
>>
>>6122512
Couldn't pass
>>
>>6126879
"Why should we allow you to exist (in homes, in workplaces, in public spaces)" is not a discussion topic that deserves to be treated with respect, no matter whose existence is being discussed. These are points of contention that people are largely being called transphobic over. They do not present an opportunity for greater understanding, but a venue for the expression of baseless animosity while trans people are made to seem like they are speaking from another extreme. It is not so, and misrepresents the issue.

How are you aware people would "probably be OK if they'd taken a less extreme path"? Why is it your right and responsibly to decide what path they a are allowed to take, and why does your opinion deserve more merit than theirs?
>>
>>6126906
Yelling at people and insulting them never got anyone anywhere. You can yell at the actual hateful ones, but for the everyday person off the street who probably only knows very little but what misinformation they've heard, they're not going to think any better of that issue by being insulted over it. It's simple marketing. If you're going to convince people to see a subject in a positive light, you have to sell positivity to them. Not mindless chanting.

And you're almost saying exactly what I am anyway. I don't know what path a person is going to take, but whatever their decision is, it should be on the basis of them being given the full information required for them to make an informed decision - not exaggerated tales from ideological extremists. In that way, if the only option they're peddling is to take the extreme road, then you only have less drastic paths in comparison you can take besides that.

I think you're looking for something to get angry over when I'm actually on your side.
>>
>>6126945
Sure, mindless chanting won't get anyone anywhere, but allowing the issue to be framed by those hateful and aggressive individuals is what is accomplished by being gentle. It's not going to work either. When a person is agreeing with preventing trans people from using public facilities, they need to know that they're agreeing that trans people should not be allowed to leave their homes. When trans people are being conflated with sexual predators, whom violence against is advocated for, they need to understand that they are advocating the murder of trans people as an act of vigilante "justice". When people are advocating for an employer's right to fire trans persons on that basis alone, or landlords to evict them, it needs to be made clear that they are advocating that trans people should be destitute and homeless, and that it is a charitable act to allow them any work at any pay, or any shelter at any cost. That being who and what they are is deserving of any cruelty anyone cares to dole out.

There is no "gentle" to it.

As for the portion we largely agree on, I feel the point of contention is who is doing the misinforming. But we can surely agree that thoroughly informed consent should always exist.
>>
>>6126535
women would kill themselves more if they had balls to come through with it
depression rate is higher among women
>>
>>6127002

Its refreshing to read a redditors perspective here once in awhile.
>>
>>6127808
Sorry Anon, still haven't been to Reddit. It's kind of hideous.
>>
>>6126512
That article was written by a transphobe.

The study says something entirely different than the author of that article says.
Read the shit you post before you post it, retard.
>>
>>6126563
You do realize there are both ftms and mtfs, and they both have as high suicide rates, or thereabouts?

Oh, nvm, you don't, because you're from /pol/.
Just kill yourself, nobody will ever love you.
>>
>>6126918
>implying /pol/tard belong anywhere outside their containment board
>implying /pol/tard belong on /lgbt/
Are you a troll or are you a tranny?
>>
>>6127002
>mindless chanting won't get anyone anywhere
>proceeds to spout off a bunch of strawmen
ok den
>>
>>6127002
>But we can surely agree that thoroughly informed consent should always exist.
If by this you mean that one should be allowed to self medicate with HRT, then I would have to disagree and say that doing so w/o medical supervision is more likely to increase the chances of negative complications including suicide.
>>
>>6122512
Because transgenders are secret Buddhists who believe they will be reincarnated into beautiful women if they kill themselves.

Source: I am a transgender secret buddhist and have been accepted into the secret society of suicidal transgenders that is financed by the zionist state of Israel via trust funds set up by George Soros.
>>
>>6128146
Informed consent is with a medical provider. Not self med.
>>
>>6128125
Those aren't straw men Anon, unless prominent American republicans are just elaborate false flags?

>>6128146
No, not at all. Informed consent amounts to going over the effects, possible complications, and side-effects of a treatment with a prescribing physician so as to ensure that the patient has been made fully aware of those things. It pretty much ensures they have a physician to monitor their health through the process.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 640x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 640x612px
lol
>>
>>6122512
>reach adolescence, discover myself
>I like the thought of sucking dicks
>I like doing feminine things
>I like dressing in feminine clothes
>I think guys are cute
>but I'm a dude, that's not normal, I want to be normal
>start thinking it would be really cool if I was female
>try to get some advice on the internet
>"You're actually a female, you're trans"
>"You should get on hormones right away"
>oh, ok. I guess I'm actually a female. These people told me so
>go to a shrink
>tells me I have depression and anxiety
>depression and anxiety? cis people definitely don't have those. especially during adolescence (kek)
>get diagnosed with "gender dysphoria"
>start transitioning
>build up enough courage to try dating
>the heterosexual men I want don't want anything to do with me
>all I can get are creepy internet guys
>stop trying to get a date
>slip deeper into depression
>the transition continues
>"friends" online encourage me to get bottom surgery
>finally cave and do it
>my vagina looks terrible, and doesn't even function like a vagina should
>It's basically just a big wound in my lower body.
>I seriously let those doctors mutilate my body and now I can't even have kids on top of that
>deeper and deeper into depression
>eventually kill myself

Ad infinitum.
>>
>>6124302
>>6124572
Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder according to the DSM, being trans is not, as being trans does not necessarily entail gender dysphoria. Also, evidence suggests that most mental disorders have a strong neurobiological basis, in depression, for example, irregularities in the Hypothalamus and Hippocampus are strongly implicated.

Here's a paper on Hippocampus shrinkage in clinical depression:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC60045/
>>
>>6126382
>cause HRT makes you depressed
Not really, cis women have a form of hrt too with menopause and hrt helps trannies with depression from dysphoria.
>>
>>6126679
>Because they realize what they've done to their bodies after the initial high of their genderswapping fetish has worn off.
>Because their weak, sick mind predestined them to self destruct.
Too bad the actual statistical facts disagree with your feels.
>>
>>6126753
No, thanks in no small part to the political efforts of religious conservatives teaming up with terfs there is an exception specifically for trans people with only a patchworks of local laws to say any different.
>>
>>6126876
I mean you're free to insist that your feels are the one true authority but most sane people will listen to the actual doctors and research.
>>
>>6122512
transgenders are mentally ill
>>
>>6128324
Oh pls.
Tell me which specific politician has outlawed any trans from using a public toilet and how if that were true that this is forcing trans to never leave their homes. There are no public toilets (there are only ones maintained by private business) in NYC because of the ADA & lawers suing for wheel chair access but plenty of ppl in NY leave their apartments everyday. Not even saying I support what *some* republicans have done but you were definitely strawmannig.
>>
>>6128793
>“Every one of us has the right to live our lives as we wish,” he said. “If any one of us wants to dress up as a woman or man and wants to live as woman or man and believes that we might be something other than what we were born, God has made each of us with free will and the ability to choose to do that if man to wants to dress as a woman, and live as a woman, and have a bathroom at home.”
>A reporter sought clarification on the remark: “So then they shouldn’t use the bathroom out in public?”
>Cruz then confirmed just that. “You don’t have a right to intrude upon the rights of others because whether or not a man believes he’s a woman, there are a lot of women who would like to be able to use a public restroom in peace without having a man there — and when there are children involved, you don’t have a right to impose your lifestyle on others.”

Glad he won't be your next president, but this politician has advocated that trans people should not use the toilet when they are away from home.

And that DOES constitute an eviction from public life, unless one relishes UTIs, dehydration, or diapers.
>>
>>6128913

>Cruz never states that they couldn't use a unisex toilet
>Cruz never states that they couldn't use a men's restroom
>Cruz never states that they couldn't use a single occupancy female toilet
>Cruz "confirms" a reporter misquoting his position
>Cruz "relishes" when trannies get UTIs

can't believe you are making me defend Cruz but holy shit man.
>>
>>6128438
I will have to remember that the next time I want to go troll some christfags.

Question. Does anyone have accurate stats on kattoey/transfag suicide rates in Thailand?
>>
>>6128957
Cruz heard the reporter's question, and did not clarify himself. Do you suppose he is merely hearing impaired, and prone to poorly expressing his stance?

Even being charitable to a person who has done little to inspire that treatment, he has continuously run adds conflating trans people with sexual predators and pedophiles.

How do you suppose it goes over for trans people casting suspicion on themselves by always avoiding multiple occupancy washrooms (single occupancy washrooms are not necessary in most buildings), or worse, using the washroom of their assigned gender?

A trans man using a women's restroom when a prominent law enforcer has suggested that they would not prosecute instigators of vigilante justice against men "following women into the washroom"? A trans woman walking into the men's room, a place where camera surveillance is not permitted, when the right wing media blitz has been, again, painting them as child molesters?

You are making yourself defend Cruz. Have some accountability.
>>
>>6129039
He clarified that a person's mental disorder or lifestyle doesn't trump a female's or child's right to privacy. He never confirmed the reporter's stance.

> he has continuously run adds conflating trans people with sexual predators and pedophiles.
he ran one one ad

Will you to accountability for spouting strawmen?
>>
File: 1442848161007.jpg (616KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442848161007.jpg
616KB, 1366x768px
Because its a dead end life

Transition and you become a complete social outcast and subhuman to most people, you'll never have long term friends, no one will love you, no one will marry you, your family will disown you or at the very least will be severely embarrassed of you, all that ,and people still see you as the sex you were born.

Don't transition and you'll be deathly uncomfortable in your own body, you wont know how to behave as your birthsex, you'll start talking to women as if they see you as another woman or talking to men as if they see you as a woman, not realizing in the moment that you appear male to them. You'll live your life in 3rd person, feeling like you're piloting someone else's body. you'll be awkward and weird and never leave your house, you'll cringe hearing your own voice, and will spend the rest of your life trying to make yourself comfortable, ultimately ending up transitioning or an heroing
>>
>>6129127
How does using a public bathroom infringe a person's right to privacy?

They are public after all.
>>
>>6126615
>harmful chemicals
>the same stuff we give cis women
>>
>>6129150
Pretty sure that the reason males aren't allowed in the female's restrooms is based on privacy rights. I guess you could sue in court to challenge the notion that females don't have the right to privacy in a public restrooms but I don't think it would succeed.
>>
>>6129141

>Implying a lot.

I have kept all my friends, students, and business partners. My father is incredibly proud of me and supports me. I have a good dating life.

I don't have a dead end life. I have many opportunities and I love my life.
>>
>>6129186
congrats, you fall into the lucky minority and you obviously live in a region with high trans-acceptance
>>
>>6129127
He could have corrected or refuted the reporter. He chose not to. It says good things about his growing understanding of the situation, because clarifying that people could use the bathroom of their birth assigned gender necessarily means forcing men, who often look very masculine and dress to match, to enter women's washrooms.

Either he wants to bar use of facilities entirely, or he is actively working to make it easier for men to enter women's washrooms. Ask him which one!
>>
>>6129295
What are you even going on about? All this from one instance of one reporter's question? lmfao.

I guess trannies really do have trouble dealing with reality. sheesh.
>>
Because officials mistreat people in the LGBT community.
>>
>>6122512
All LGBT suicide rates are high. The purported trans suicide rate isn't really the rate of successful suicide, it isn't even the rate of suicide attempts. It's the rate of suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>6129179
Moral decency isn't privacy rights.
>>
>>6128957
When it comes to real talk Cruz is an apologist. He says that the law isn't against transgender but how it's currently worded it doesn't differentiate between women like Caitlyn Jenner and men like himself. This is what he said.

He needs the voters on both sides but his critics say he's using the issue to stir emotions and support for himself.
>>
>>6129471
So the laws that prohibit a male from entering a restroom designated for females is based on moral decency? That doesn't sound correct. Every time it's discussed, lawyers are always talking about privacy rights not moral decency but I'm no expert.
>>
>>6126864
>Being invisible is a bad answer
no one wants to be transgendered

i don't want to be a trans-female i want to be a female
>>
>>6128973
>troll some christfags
You're either 14 or stuck back in 2008.
>>
>>6129186
sure you do hon
>>
Because they are fraudulent weak human beings. Insulting to real gays and lesbians. Mentally fucked up beyond anything insecurity can justify
>>
>>6124244

>terfs and religious conservatives that got insurance coverage removed based on feels-driven political and religious opinions over medical ones.

I've been seeing this since I started coming here, but I still have yet to see a source.
>>
>>6129777
This site has been almost solidly right-wing Christian since around 2008. That's when the fun died and 4chan became conservative tumblr.
>>
>>6127874
>i-it's biased, because it disagrees with me!
>you should read it better!

"When the group looked at each individual brain scan, however, they found that very few people had all of the brain features they might be expected to have, based on their sex. Across the sample, between 0 and 8 per cent of people had “all-male” or “all-female” brains, depending on the definition. “Most people are in the middle,” says Joel."

"This means that, averaged across many people, sex differences in brain structure do exist, but an individual brain is likely to be just that: individual, with a mix of features. “There are not two types of brain,” says Joel."

Literally said that there are no differences, each individual can have/has small differences because of cultural upbringing/childhood, etc. which is expanded upon later in the article. Do those hormone blockers also block your ability to read? This study was posted everywhere on the net and the results are the same everywhere. It was posted here quite a few times too, which made shemales furious, but it still is a scientific fact. You can always check it yourself if you disagree.

It's time to tighten up that rope my man. :)
>>
>>6130882
right-wing for sure, but i think it's still solidly athiest/agnostic leaning. not that there aren't some teenage youth group autists who post stupid arguments about "degeneracy" from time to time.
>>
>>6130882
4chan has been right wing since it's inception. 4chan was always against political correctness and hugboxxing. I remember even back in the habbo raid days it was always "niggers have aids lolo".
>>
>>6122968
What is clocking?
>>
>>6128637
>being trans does not necessarily entail gender dysphoria
>>
>>6128555
trips check em

also that sounds like hell. also sounds like you are stupid.
>>
>>6131080
Most 4chan "agnostic atheists" are just Christians without a direct scriptural god to back up pretty much identical moral systems, logical leaps and essentialist rationale.

>>6131165
>4chan has been right wing since it's inception.
No, it's been all over the damn place.

>4chan was always against political correctness and hugboxxing.
4chan was a place to hide from normies who demanded conformity and conservative values from all.

>I remember even back in the habbo raid days it was always "niggers have aids lolo".
That was an inside joke, which was what made it funny. Then a bunch of political reactionaries showed up and turned 4chan into little else but a right-wing propaganda machine and echochamber pretty much devoid of the chaotic, degenerate humor and sexual extremes that brought people here in the first place.

Now people like you two
>>6131080
>>6131165
prance around like it was always this way and we were always at war with Eastasia.
>>
>>6131071
The study you're citing (unless there's a newer one) analyzed a region of the hippocampus that had not been previously observed to be sexually dimorphic (with or without post-natal hormone influence). It has basically no overlap with, evidence to contradict, or information to add to those other studies. It covered the largest region of the brain studied thus, but all it could conclude was that brains (as a whole) are not substantially sexually dimorphic. Even this study had to conclude that there were structures and patterns very closely aligned with one or another gender.

What it says is important, but it's not what you seem to want it to.
>>
>>6129039
>he has continuously run adds conflating trans people with sexual predators and pedophiles
And that climate of fear has led to men barging into the women's room when they see a butch cis woman go in to "protect muh wimminz", often with some assault mixed in for good measure.
>>
>>6129179
>Pretty sure that the reason males aren't allowed in the female's restrooms is based on privacy rights
Way to show that you literally have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>6129544
You do realize that there are unisex restrooms, right?
>>
File: 1361057244341.jpg (88KB, 803x501px) Image search: [Google]
1361057244341.jpg
88KB, 803x501px
>>6131257
>That was an inside joke, which was what made it funny. Then a bunch of political reactionaries showed up and turned 4chan into little else but a right-wing propaganda machine and echochamber pretty much devoid of the chaotic, degenerate humor and sexual extremes that brought people here in the first place.
>>
>>6122512
Why does heshe have a beard? What look is that person going for?
>>
>>6130775
It used to be covered by insurance, conservatives and radical feminists gave opinions and testimony that led to it being removed.
>>
Sometimes I wonder if being trans is just the ultimate projection of insecurity with the idea of being gay.
>>
File: 2015-02-11-jessie2.jpg (38KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-11-jessie2.jpg
38KB, 612x612px
>>6122512
How are female to male suicide rates? You almost never actually hear about those.
>>
File: 477.jpg (183KB, 1118x612px) Image search: [Google]
477.jpg
183KB, 1118x612px
>>6123027
>People don't like trans people, they don't believe in it, and they think that it's "special treatment" if you give trans people any treatment at all. They'll argue that if trans people should receive treatment, then they should get whatever beautifying products they want, for free.

I guarantee you people would be more accepting on trans people if most of them didn't look like horrible abominations because they didn't transition well for whatever reason.
>>
>>6122512
They're not.
>>
>>6133584
transmen are at 46%
transwomen 41%
>>
>>6133616
No they aren't.
>>
>>6131257
>muh 4chan was just ironically racist in the beginning
>that's why it was so funny
Can't tell if you're autistic or genuinely a disconnected liberal. 4chan has always been offensive and against political correctness. 4chan was always homophobic, against blacks, etc. I've been on 4chan off and on since 2005 and little has changed except there's more lefties here from reddit and the addition of new boards.
>>
>>6122994

Would you like some more regulations with your regulations.
>>
>>6133642

This.

A lot of threads, especially here, have become cringe worthy.
>>
>>6133642
>>6134183
4chan was an anime website. As it expanded it might have seemed like one thing or another to you but then you would be wrong. A large portion of 4chan doesn't even care about politics in the slightest. There are boards specifically made to discuss politics and containment boards for excessive racist memes. These have never been part of a site wide culture.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.