[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transsexual = Delusional?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 300x300px
There are so many people out there who think that if you're transsexual that means you're a fetishist/delusional/should just stop thinking so much about it/etc.

I've mostly become unaffected by this argument as I know on some level it is true and I should probably just end my life now before I spend the rest of my life being mocked and laughed at in the hopes that some day I'll pass so well that no one will notice.

But what do you think when you're presented with this argument? Why is it so prevalent?
>>
>>6115273
>Why is it so prevalent?
4chan isn't known as a bastion of the most intelligent and well educated minds on Earth. You would be damn lucky if the next anon read something you posted and vaguely understood it.
It doesn't matter what it is really. Even talking about an anime episode you can sit there in shock as you read the comments and wonder if they even watched the same show.
I've learned that people are just retarded until proven sapient.
>>
Life is full of people who think they always know what's best for you, but they don't. People have been telling me I've been doing everything wrong my whole life, even if it felt right.
>>
Transgender is counter intutive to a normie at first glance. A linebacker hon claiming their a woman? Madness! This is seemingly at odds with observable reality.

Homosexuality may have been considered a mental illness way back but the existence of gays and lesbians was undisputably real.

The neurological intersex theory is probably about the only logical argument skeptical normies may accept.
>>
people dont like what they dont got.
they will defend shit when it affects then but until then fuck it.
>>
>>6115273
Ok, here I go (and this seems to me to be the most correct opinion): you should be able to act how you want and dress how you want. If you want to call yourself a woman/man, sure, I'll humor you and treat you the way I would want to be treated. But cutting off your penis? Attaching part of your forearm skin to your pelvis to make it look like you have a penis? That is crazy. That is delusional. Telling people that they will be happier if they mutilate themselves is sinister.
>>
>>6115564
>That is crazy. That is delusional.
Why?
>>
>>6115564
Just so you know trans people didn't come up with those operations. The medical community invented them and said here this is the best we can do for you right now. If the doctors could invent procedures for proper functioning genitals you wouldn't have a problem would you?
>>
>>6115573
What makes a penis or clit or whatever genital organ different from an arm or a leg?
Isn't the suicide rate before and after the surgery the same?
I'm not saying it will never be feasible, but right now, the science just isn't there. No one will look at your "new" organ and believe it is real.
>>
>>6115594
eyy, took the words out of my mouth
>>
>>6115603
suicide rate is not the same, suicide rate is HIGHER than the general population but still lower than preop. satification rate is very high and genetically the cell become vaginal.
>>
>>6115603
But even for people who have lost limbs, doctors would still recommend prosthetic ones. No one believes they're real, but it's still better than being without.
>>
>>6115625
>genetically the cell become vaginal
What?
>>
>>6115603
It's not the same but its the best we have. Would you keep a diabetic from getting insulin shots because its not a replacement pancreas?
>>
>>6115603
But if they look at you and notice you never stand up to pee or that you are packing under your skirt ...........
>>
>>6115634
Yea, but you had an arm in the first place. Why cut off something functional, the result of millions of years of evolution, for something artificial, obviously artificial, might I add. The current surgeries wont give you the genitals of a member of the opposite sex, nor can they produce a convincing fake.
>>
>>6115641
I would try to prevent someone from ripping out their pancreas if it were perfectly fine.
>>
>>6115668
Cutting off an arm is BIID and can be treated with therapy and medication.
Dysphoria can't.
>>
>>6115668
They don't cut off something functional. They take a skin graft and most of the time they use skin from the inner thigh. The clit grows and there is SRS that uses it to create a phallus. In your mind and other people it probably all seems artificial until you have a cloned transplant. Then there will still be people that say it's fake.
>>
>>6115676
You're making two arguments:
1. Removing or altering a healthy body part is wrong
2. Even if you alter it, it's not perfect and therefore not good.

So you're conceding point #2, right?
>>
>>6115680
What makes dysphoria different? (not trying to be snarky, really explain it)
>>
>>6115692
And the mtf crowd?
>>6115701
I don't quite understand your point/question. By conceding do you mean giving up on or agreeing with?
>>
>Introduce a new idea to someone
>Their first reaction is "that's insane"

This has been around since the dawn of time.
>>
>>6115711
That poster hasn't really studied had enough, dysphoria isn't exclusive to transgenderism. Gender dysphoria is.
Plenty of psychiatric disorders have dysphoria as a underlining feeling.
>>
File: 4ch.png (8KB, 994x41px) Image search: [Google]
4ch.png
8KB, 994x41px
>>6115731
>new idea
>>
>>6115728
I'm asking if you agree with the statement that sometimes there is no perfect treatment, and that an imperfect one can be better than no treatment.
>>
>>6115728
The MtF crowd has their sexual organs inverted. They don't actually chop off their penis at all. The biggest issue in future SRS for both groups is that it's going to be hell to graft in the proper plumbing. But you still don't see that because it's internal.
>>
When you think
>That argument against me is right and I should kill myself
it's usually your self hate making the argument look okay. It's like someone greeding hearing an argument that ends on him getting money, he'll be okay with it.
>>
>>6115751
Yes, sometimes there is no perfect treatment. An imperfect one can be better than none at all. A perfectly healthy body part does not need treatment, though. Even if the owner of that body part dislikes it, the body part does not become something needing treatment.
>>
>>6115749
>tfw no self-harming QT emo bf
>>
>>6115769
But what is worse overall? A patient, who for lack of trans-supportive treatment, commits suicide? Or a patient who has sexual reassignment surgery and reports improved mental well-being?
>>
I wonder why it's not possible to create a working dick/vagina yet - it seems like it should be pretty soon, especially with the increased attention to the issue.
>>
OP = Faggot?
>>
>>6115769
Okay then consider a person with a perfectly healthy body part but they're unable to move it or use it in any way. Their brain functions and they could receive treatment which replaces the useless body part with a slightly useful prosthetic. Our society developed believing that the person is the brain and the body is just the actuator for the brain. Does it make sense now?
>>
>>6115897
OP = stupid dyke who wishes they had a dong
>>
>>6115273
>But what do you think when you're presented with this argument?
It's bs based on all the research and what the people who actually study stuff say.
>Why is it so prevalent?
Because bigoted morons think their upset feels are a substitute for actual evidence and research.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.