[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POZ HATE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: biohazard.jpg (33KB, 223x213px) Image search: [Google]
biohazard.jpg
33KB, 223x213px
Daily reminder that being "undetectable" does NOT mean you can't transmit the disease. Being "undetectable" just means that our blood tests aren't sophisticated enough to detect your viral load - you've still got HIV swimming around in there trying to kill you.
I can't believe that so many people are so ignorant of their own disease.
>be neg (as of 04/02/16)
>chatting up a guy at the bar
>he's friendly, but almost too friendly. Like, he seems really excited to be talking to me, a stranger.
>conversation gets heated. He puts his hand on my thigh.
>my knee-jerk reaction is to ask if he's clean (My last bf was poz and it was really stressful on both of us. He finally broke it off rather than continue to risk infecting me)
>His face goes pale and he starts sputtering words
>w-well I'm undetectable! As long as I take my pills I'm essentially clean. I basically have diabetes haha! You wouldn't discriminate against someone with diabetes, would you??
>I'm a good guy! I wouldn't hurt anyone if I knew I was a danger to them!
>As a nursefag, it is now my obligation to drop a gigantic redpill on him.
>He gets furious, doesn't want to believe that he can still infect people when his doctor told him he was "undetectable".
>Says I'm "essentially being a racist" and am a horrible person and storms out of the bar.
>>
blogs that didn't happen for 1,000 shekels, alex
>>
>>5996801
omg /lgbt/ it totally happened.
I'm being completely serious.
Always check if your partner is clean. Because if he's not, he most likely will NOT tell you. (I guarantee this guy was not going to tell me his status unless I asked)
>>
File: bb53563.jpg (26KB, 303x265px) Image search: [Google]
bb53563.jpg
26KB, 303x265px
I mean, if your viral load is undetectable and you use a condom, there is virtually no chance of transmission.
>>
>>5996816
The blood tests determine the viral load of your blood.
Not the viral load of your sperm.
HIV likes to harbor itself in organs, including the testes, so it's very likely that even if your blood viral load is very low, your sperm viral load is still very high.
>>
Stop having bareback sex?
>>
>>5996845
NO.
Also if you want to risk the condom breaking that's on you.
>>
File: bb15c.png (122KB, 214x198px) Image search: [Google]
bb15c.png
122KB, 214x198px
>>5996839
As I mentioned, if you wear a condom and the positive partner takes their meds the odds of you getting HIV is virtually zero.

Not all positive guys are fucking animals.
>>
>>5996850
Also if you want to risk your anus hemorrhaging and bleeding to death that's on you.
>>
>>5996858
>bleeding anally to death
>current year
Holy fuck, Anon. Not everybody lives in a third-world shithole.
>>
>>5996857
This meme is simply not true.
>>
To be honest, the only reason I haven't had sex more than once since I transitioned (transgirl), is because I'm paranoid that the guys that hit on me might have STDs.

I tried it once and I couldn't enjoy the sex in the slightest because I was worrying my head off about contracting HIV etc. etc.

Terrifying stuff. I need a LTR stat.
>>
>>5996885
if you're that noided about a rubber breaking you shouldn't drive a car or cross the street.
>>
>>5996857
If the guy's HIV has mutated and developed drug resistance, it doesn't matter how many of those magic pills he takes.
>>
>>5996845
>>5996858
>>5996890
These guys have obviously never had regular sex with a male condom.
Unless your ass is a black hole, those things break all the fucking time. And if he doesn't buy the right size or puts on too much lube it slips off even easier.
Then there's the part where, if you shave or trim your ass, those sharp little hairs around your butthole poke holes in the condom.
>>
>>5996873
>>5996891
I understand if you are intensely afraid of positive people. Theoretically drugs can be ineffective and condoms can burst, though these scenarios are extremely rare. In fact many gay couples refuse to have penetrative intercourse. Frottage and mutual masturbation are still great ways to connect with your partner with no chance of transmission.
>>
>>5996905
i'm not suggesting you have sex with a positive person i'm saying if you live your entire life with one specific phobia you should literally be afraid of everything that has higher probability than condom breaking + contracting the disease + not being smart enough to completely prevent it within the first month.

the chances of spontaneous combustion are about the same with those three factors.
>>
>>5996918
> Theoretically drugs can be ineffective and condoms can burst, though these scenarios are extremely rare.
> You can irrevocably fuck your entire life up by having sex with this person, but it's okay because it's not very common.
>>
>>5996918
>Frottage and mutual masturbation are still great ways to connect with your partner with no chance of transmission.

I remember someone posting a militant masc4 masc website that was hell bent on telling gay men to never have penetration sex since the risks aren't worth it. It made a really good case oddly enough.
>>
File: Rolfes_smile.png (218KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Rolfes_smile.png
218KB, 500x370px
>>5996932
>never use an automobile
>never leave your house
>>5996933
Yeah, I'm actually personally not that big of a fan of penetrative sex myself. I'd much rather receive a handjob/footjob/cockrub myself. As long as I can stare deeply into my partners eyes while I do it, I feel content.
>>
>>5996927
How about having your partner wear TWO condoms?
>>
>>5996918
It's actually not "extremely rare". People are already developing resistance to PrEP and Truvada.
Any time you take an anti-infective drug that doesn't 100% eliminate the pathogen, mutation and resistance occurs.
And as for your condom comment, condom manufacturers don't care if you get diseases or get pregnant, they just want you to buy their product. The only products that have to be proven effective in the American market are prescription drugs. Anything you buy OTC can potentially be legally lying to you or omitting information from you. Look at fucking Johnson & Johnson talcum baby powder.
>>
>>5996956
Literally one person has contracted the disease on an NRTI.
>>
>>5996969
There was a time when LITERALLY only one person in the world had HIV.
>>
File: r8495894025.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
r8495894025.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>5996978
>antibiotics will eventually stop working
>hundreds of thousands will die
>stay inside for your entire life
>>
>>5996978
Have you asked your psych for benzos yet?
>>
>>5996987
This is absolutely what the US government is saying, if we continue on our current course of disease management.
http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/
>>
File: 3526098367029346.png (189KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
3526098367029346.png
189KB, 500x362px
>>5996992
And our planet will eventually become uninhabitable. Blah blah blah.

Shit will always end up going down until somebody makes another fix for it, Anon. No reason not to live in the present while you can.
>>
>>5996987
The only thing that has ever been proven to completely eliminate a pathogen-caused disease from an entire community/country is herd immunity via vaccination.
>>
>>5997003
>can't detect sarcasm
>>
>>5997003
>columbia u

stop shilling ur fucking alma mater just because you didnt get into princeton fucking fagg
>>
File: 2-timeline.png (63KB, 491x922px) Image search: [Google]
2-timeline.png
63KB, 491x922px
>>5996987
http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/about.html
>>
>>5997015
What's your point?
>>
>>5997020
That antibiotics will eventually stop working.
>>
>>5997021
good job backing up his point that you nursefags are more noided than anti-vaxxers
>>
>>5997020
And it's not outside the realm of logic to extrapolate this kind data to antivirals, which are significantly less effective and more prone to failure than antibiotics.
>>
>>5997021
Yeah, that's what I said in the post you replied to. It's not like there won't be further innovations that will replace antibiotics in the coming decades.
>>
>>5997028
You're putting a lot of faith in other people, man.
These new "innovative" anti-infective are already crazy expensive. Regular people can't afford them, and private insurances are very reluctant to pay for them (I know because I have to talk to insurance companies EVERY DAY). Private companies do not want to pay for medicines that are 1) overpriced 2) will not cure/eliminate the disease and 3) will eventually stop working on everyone altogether. It's fallen on the US government to pay for most people's HIV medicines (seriously, how many people with HIV do you know that are not using some kind of public assistance program?). But for how long? We've got presidential candidates like Trump that are scarily popular who are shilling to completely decimate public healthcare. The only reason we are in this HIV/POZ renaissance is because all of these people are on government life support. Take away that, and disease/drug resistance skyrockets and we go back to the '80's.
It's smarter never to get the disease in the first place.
>>
>>5997053
Oh, so you do live in a third-world shithole.
>>
>>5997056
Yea, it's called America.
>>
>>5997028
>It's smarter to never get the disease in the first place.
Well, no shit. But there is no point in living a complete life of fear just because something will eventually get really bad. As mentioned with antibiotics, they will stop working entirely regardless of what we do. That's not going to change. Would you advise everyone to live in an antiseptic bubble for their entire lives because of this?
>>
>>5997059
Be sure to check your movie theater seat for needles.
>>
>>5996951
The difference is that both are basically needed to operate in modern society, especially the latter. The risks are outweighed by the benefits.

Contrast with a bit of momentary pleasure in exchange for possibly fucking the rest of your life up, when you can just find someone who DOESN'T have a chance of fucking the rest of your life up, instead.
>>
>>5997063
>they will stop working entirely regardless of what we do.
You are completely missing the point, baka.
The treatments we have will continue to be effective if we:
1) Use the treatment properly to completely eliminate the pathogen instead of just "controlling" it
2) Be smarter about having infected people NOT transmit the disease
3) Be smarter about never getting the disease in the first place
Currently we as a species are FAILING at ALL THREE of these things.
>>
>>5997066
>drop a person who could have made your life astronomically happier because of their disease
>never find somebody who would have made you remotely as happy
>>
>>5997071
Which is clearly why homosexuals should be disallowed from existing in modern society, it would easily solve the issue.
>>
>>5997077
>watch the person who made you the happiest you've ever been slowly wither away and die a horrible death
>oh wait, there are over 7 billion people on this planet. Surely there was someone else that might have made my life just as happy
>die early because you made a bad decision
>>
File: 7ea.gif (983KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
7ea.gif
983KB, 300x225px
>>5997071
You do realize that bacterial infections are extremely common, right?

Oh, you're talking about HIV drugs again. As I have mentioned previously in this thread, I ultimately feel that non-penetrative sex is a far better solution to the issue rather than shun people who are positive.
>>
>>5997086
Well, yes.
But you would also have to include niggers, drug addicts, and all the randoms who got bad blood transfusions/needlesticks/surgeries.
>>
File: 251245.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
251245.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>5997087
>everything ends up badly if you don't go with Decision B
>>5997086
>le stormfag meme
>>
>>5996795
Jesus fuck, the shit you people put up with.

If I was gay I would just be celibate.
>>
File: 1423260288974.jpg (109KB, 1040x746px) Image search: [Google]
1423260288974.jpg
109KB, 1040x746px
>doesn't realize you can have a happy gay relationship without ass sex
>>
>>5996987
This guy is poz.
>>
>>5996857
Wrong. Only 50% of people on antiretrovirals maintain undetectable levels
You should NEVER trust a poz person unless you prove they take their meds the EXACT same time every single day for at least 3 to 4 months straight. Even a single missed day or misaligned time and you're fucked.
>>
There are people who are locked for various reasons into archaic and counterproductive ways of thinking and living. I had an acquaintance who was in his late 70s; he was a fellow who hated my work. He assured me that he would only have safe sex because he didn’t want to become HIV-positive. A few weeks after we had that conversation, he died of a heart attack. I think he was insane. Gay men in their 50s and older are addicted to the notion that sex equals death, and the culture has to live under the burden of terror. The only wildness that is acceptable is the wildness of drag queens.

In gay culture, there’s never been more of an almost hysterical centering of life around two things—drag queens and marriage—both of which are unfortunate misogynistic parodies of heteroseuxal life. Gay men have completely lost the sense of who they are because they’ve been immersed in terror, because they’ve been living under a viral load for two generations.

in 20 years it’ll be all but forgotten. It is right now, and what I’m saying is, we’re more than this. The point of Viral Loads was for those people to whom it would make sense to look at it, say it, own it, and fucking move on. Fucking move on! In 20 years, there will be references to HIV, and young gay men will astonish and horrify people who are now in their 20s when they say, “What the fuck are you talking about?” And the men will say, “I remember the day when it was a big deal. I remember the day when if we had just fucked somebody and come up their ass, we were worried about HIV.” My point is: Time to fucking move on. Somebody said, “How safe does it have to be for you before you’ll just fuck somebody?” My answer is: It’s there! We’re there. We’ve been there. Now the important thing is to break the mould of stigma and terror and knee-jerk reaction.
>>
>>5997589
your post makes absolutely no fucking sense

are you insane
>>
>>5997598
Hiv defenders are always batshit nuts
>>
>>5997598
Some of the people that I’m most interested in right now are young, intelligent gay men who are educated, bright, upper-middle class. They refuse HIV meds because they’re proud of their viral load. Is that something you can understand?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.