[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the treatment of trans people focused around changing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1459269657422.jpg (30KB, 306x310px) Image search: [Google]
1459269657422.jpg
30KB, 306x310px
Why is the treatment of trans people focused around changing their body when other forms of bodily dysmorphia is treated with cognitive behavioral therapy and anti psychotics?

Why doesn't the government or insurance companies provide surgery for other forms of bodily bodily dysmorphia when it pays for sexual reassignment surgery?

Why doesn't the government or insurance companies pay for other genital reconstruction or modification surgeries such as labiaplasty/penile enlargement/penile curvature correction surgery? Why are these considered cosmetic when trans surgeries aren't? Don't these genital formations cause significant mental distress/suicidal ideations for some cis people?
>>
>No replies

I guess questions are transphobic
>>
>>5941954

Trans people just don't want to admit that they're the same as women who get 10 breast augmentation surgeries to "look like their idealized selves".
>>
>>5941954
Nope. We just have this type of thread everyday where an armchair psychologist asks loaded questions and tosses poorly veiled insults that reek of condescension. As individuals, we're not obligated to justify ourselves to you.
>>
Because there's a difference between gender and species. Trans people still want to be human and are only changing their sex to match their gender whereas someone who wants to be a wolf is exhibiting not very normal human behavior.
>>
1. Because you can't treat gender identity disorder with anti psychotic meds.

There was but one male patient claiming GID who responded well to anti psychotics that he completely ceased cross-dressing afterwards but he was not trans to begin with but merely schizophrenic (schizophrenia may mimic certain aspects of GID yet these two are unrelated issues so don't conflate those)

2. I agree with you on one thing that trans surgeries are cosmetic. Considering how you don't get fallopian tubes, womb or ovaries, SRS is a sham and only serves an ersatz function.
>>
>>5942082
Pretty much the above.

The funniest part I find about trollposters here is that they don't realize how ineffectual they are. I mean, most trans people have hated themselves at one point. Like, we get it more than anyone else does, and we probably tried more to run away from it all or sweep it under a rug. Just mild nuisances now compared to what I thought of myself, personally.

>Image Related
>>
File: 1459286597114.jpg (31KB, 325x356px) Image search: [Google]
1459286597114.jpg
31KB, 325x356px
>>5942083

>Be uncomfortable with a big nose
>Have suicidal idealizations about it
>Getting rhinoplasty makes you a different species

o.k.

>>5942082
>an armchair psychologist asks loaded questions and tosses poorly veiled insults that reek of condescension
I shit in every grocery store isle. You are also in the grocery store. Your judgement on asking why I do this are loaded and condescending. I demand that people respect my right to shit wherever I want as it is what makes me feel the best. Do not try to treat me with antipsychotics.

>As individuals, we're not obligated to justify ourselves to you.
I am not obligated to justify why I shit on your grocery store floor even though we share the same space and government tax dollars are being spent on someone who is being paid to clean it up.

I could maybe get medication for my shitting problem, but because it would make me uncomfortable, I would rather just continue to shit on the floor.
>>
>>5942118
>>5942082

I just want my face surgery paid for by the government.

>I mean, most trans people have hated themselves at one point. Like, we get it more than anyone else does, and we probably tried more to run away from it all or sweep it under a rug.

Literally fuck you: you don't understand the pain of being 1/10 ugly regardless of gender.
>>
Hi, /pol9k/
>>
>>5942153

Jokes on you I'm /polgbt/
>>
>>5942127
Society's gotta have rules. If everyone just did as they wanted society would collapse. If you look things up you'll find That social movements that seek to undermine traditional notions of gender are very often funded by rotschild/soros capital. Also it's obvious the msm is pushing those 'alternative' lifestyles. It's a deliberate ploy. When you undermine Gender, people get confused- specially the kids, kids are very vulnerable- they grow up with mixed messages, creating more gender dysphoria, it's a vicious cycle... I believe nature is very wise and we are wrong to mess with it in such a way, just my two cents
>>
>>5942157
Be nice to your fellow mental cases, friendo
>>
>>5942118
That's not my intention at all. I'm just doing my part in the struggle against the cultural Marxism that is destroying my people. I'm a born rebel and I won't let anyone thread on me or my Volks
>>
File: CeAi_m-UAAAMpr9.jpg (80KB, 600x672px) Image search: [Google]
CeAi_m-UAAAMpr9.jpg
80KB, 600x672px
>>5941836
It's the jews
>>
>>5943000
LOL

this is exactly how i become a tranny tbqh
>>
>>5942552
So then we can take it as an admission that you're deliberately spamming bait and breaking global rules and report you for it?

Enjoy the break.
>>
>>5942149

>QQ I'm ugly so I'm mad.

You.. have some issues. See you back here later hon :x I'd tell you to work on your appearance but your personality is way uglier lol. You're not really trans I guess, you just transitioned cause you thought girls were less ugly and you wanted to be pretty? L.O.L.

>>5942552
Buut you don't have any people. Plus I don't get the marxism. Trans people are literally proof that biological sex and gender are linked, and that biological processes aren't perfect.

There was even that one famous case where a boy was raised as a girl because his circumcision got fuckt and he had pretty much identical problems to trans people. Largest support that you can't change the gender of someone whilly-nilly with meds/socialization. I mean, trans people are literally the final argument that gender is linked to sex and you can't just make up whatever gender you are (which might be what you think trans people are doing but biologically speaking it's opposite). Like, you're tearing down your own argument pretty much, which is hilarious in a condescending kind of "oh look baby's first argument" way.

Spoiler: We hated ourselves because we tried incredibly hard to just be normal and fit whatever you society cucks said we were in spite of an error in biological processes. Nature doesn't arrange itself so it can be more easily understood by us, it just is. Instead you're literally disregarded the way reality is and being just as bad as the pansexual trigendered pyro-foxes by applying stupid labels to things.

But no that's inconceivable to you lel.
>>
>>5941836
Why is the treatment of obese people focused around changing their body when other forms of bodily dysmorphia is treated with cognitive therapy and anti-psychotics?
>>
>>5943265
Because being fat can actually be a threat to one's health and the best way to improve one's prospects is to lose weight. Funny how there's an almost perfect overlap among the gender denial and 'fat positive' crowds
>>
File: image.jpg (172KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 640x1136px
>>5943370
>>5941836

So the overwhelming majority of doctors in America are fat positive?

Your delusions don't make facts
>>
>>5942127
The treatment that you're throwing a tantrum about IS the medication. It's proven success, over thousands of years of refinement and the desperate searching of alternate avenues. Gender dysphoria and psychosis don't come from the same underlying causes, and just as you don't treat chronic depression with the same drugs you give a schizophrenic, not every symptom of dysmorphia is going to respond to the same treatments.

In short, it's not anyone else's problem that you're a fucking retard.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.