[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Gay Literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: book_guide_hero_books.png (48KB, 454x478px) Image search: [Google]
book_guide_hero_books.png
48KB, 454x478px
Does anyone know of any good gay literature? And this could range from books centrally about some aspects of gay life to the main character just so happens to be gay but this fact doesn't exactly affect the plot.

I'm sick of the "story" of anything about gay characters being two dudes being total bitches to each other (and I don't mean that as in being girly or anything like that. Everybody just do you.) But like grown men acting like teenagers about relationships. Also don't want to read/see any more stories where the plot is just someone whoring around and trying to either justify their actions and whining and wondering why things are so bad for them, or people trying to "find themselves" through dick.

Or are those just the only stories that gays have to tell? Am I late to the party or something? Did I not get my phamphlet when I signed up? (I'm being sarcastic)

So yeah, just some actually engaging gay literature would be cool. Something with substance. Thanks a bunch.
>>
Howl by Alan Ginsberg is probably something you'd be interested in.
>>
Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
>>
Naked Lunch by William Burroughs is pretty damn faggy (just look all the beatniks, in fact)
>>
>>5701375
My uni uses this image for the link to lecture notes and it's triggering me as I'm behind.
>>
>>5701375
I don't have it. There is an pic about recommended gay books. Assuming it's not a dank meme. I remember it features Dorian Gray's Portrait. I've read it and it was a bit boring at the beginning, but good overall.
>>
Wolfgang Herrndorf - Why we took the car
>>
>>5705859
>Wolfgang Herrndorf - Why we took the car
I think I might be embarrassed to read this in public...
>>
>>5705898
wow. the german version (Tschick) didn't look that bad
>>
>>5705919
Nothing on the cover just the knowledge I'm reading some gay teen book.
>>
>>5705836
Are you referring to that one grid list picture with "The Pink Swastika" included? If you are, it's a meme list.

You could go check out Publishing Triangle if you want a large list of LGBT fiction.

I really liked Anne Carson's book "The Autobiography of Red."
It's not a realist portait/panorama/depiction of gay culture, the "gay lifestyle," or the "gay experience," but the main character is gay.
>>
>>5705935
Funny. It's considered mandatory for your A-levels here to read it. Maybe too much got lost in traslation
>>
>>5705978
I've never heard of it here. Probably because it's a German author.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.