[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for transwomen in Esports?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: LA_Renegades_logo.png (270KB, 2000x2205px) Image search: [Google]
LA_Renegades_logo.png
270KB, 2000x2205px
What kind of advice would you give to a transwoman that wants to become a pro gamer. Is esports to toxic and unaccepting of seeing transwomen as women or just ignore all the hate and focus on the sport and team you are on? I would really love to meet remilia as she is an inspiration for why I would want to pick up this sport, but I am afraid of all the bullshit she faced that forced her to quit. trannies can never just live thier life and do work they enjoy that is to public it seems... sigh.... I guess is it possible to go by a stage name if you manage to get well known that way I can still protect my identity if shit hits the can? Idk reading all the hate from remilia is really scaring me...
>>
This is a big reason why I don't want to transition. I want to be known for my qualities and skills, rather than being seen as "unique" in a positive OR negative way and getting any kind of special treatment from people.
>>
>>5689180
Ricky Ortiz gets like no hate

I don't see why it would make a difference
>>
>>5689180
Caring less is the key.
You wanna think like accept me or fuck yourself, not the other way round.

It will solve not only this problem, trust me.
>>
>>5689180
remy shouldnt be an inspiration for you. it's honeslty a bit disgusting. tried to hide being trans and usurp the title of first female into lcs? no. no just stop it right there. had remi been open and honest from the start i'd be accepting and supportive, but no. not like this. then to expect special snowflake treatment on stage, /oh i dont want to show mah face for the camera/ bish please, dis esports center. then to perform so poorly on stage. shame.

you want someone to look up to in esports: acer scarlet

you want to go into esports understand the following: no matter how well you do pass you will always be ridiculed by fans and mocked as a man. if you cant get over that, or work past it to play on the big stage, dont bother.
>>
>>5689180
Just play the game you stupid degenerate.
Why do you think you have to do something special?
Next time we hear from you you'll be crying about how they're transphobic when you just suck.
>>
>>5689246
I mean im under the impression that she is a female because trans is just a medical diagnosis so yes she is the first woman in lcs. But Idk why that would give you special treatment its just a statement.
>>
>>5689180

Esports is merit based. It doesn't matter if you're a 900 lbs mentally ill abomination. If you're good at the game, nobody cares, and nobody is going to refuse to play you if you're good. Of course, they might laugh at you, joke about you, and secretly think you're a mentally ill mess(because you are), but it won't stop you from getting to the top.

People are going to criticize you because you're mentally ill, you're wrong about your delusions, and no amount of attempts to censor and punish those who question you will stop them from having those thoughts.

The best advice is to deal with the fact that many people will dislike you, hate you, be disgusted by you, and want you to die/lose whatever. It doesn't matter. Fuck, I hate you and I don't even know you. But it doesn't matter. Just play the fucking game and don't be such a drama queen about your social hangups. You'll never get anywhere anyways because making it into esports requires you to play video games all day, and unless you're starting at 16-22 and you have tons of time to dump into it and a good amount of talent, you're not going to get to the top. You have literal months/years ahead of you before you're a top player unless the scene you're interested in is just now emerging.
>>
>>5689180
>What kind of advice would you give to a transwoman that wants to become a pro gamer.
Don't you think it's time for you to put childish things like Nintendoes aside and grow up?
>>
>>5689328
because she specifically asked for specific treatment with regards to how riot puts on their show, their lcs, as she didn't want to be on camera.

if I had to guess why: it's rough dealing with dysphoria as it is and to have the pressure to perform coupled with the anxiety of the big stage it wasn't likely she'd work out.

I know for me, I work in a public setting dealing with people, my voice may not be triggering, but it is something of exhaustion. like hearing the sound of it for 8hours and just being unhappy with it over the course of the day repeatedly. I don't really like pictures of myself either because i'm hyper critical of all my faults. Imagine being on camera in front of thousands.... only to see reddit blow up afterwards.

You can argue and say she's the first woman in the lcs and that's fine, but I don't feel like that's fair when bitches like DoubleLift been running their trash mouths for years.
>>
>>5689375
well based off what you are saying i would think you sympathize with her and agree with what they did.
>>
>>5689180
Gut gud. Nothing more, nothing less.

What esport?
>>
>>5689328
>im under the impression that she is a female because trans is just a medical diagnosis
Holy shit we need to eject this board. Tumblr leaks are too strong.
>>
1. Be good at the game
2. Don't not be good at the game

this is why scarlet and ricky ortiz were successful but remi wasn't tbqh

also esports are a fad go do something productive
>>
You're a bigger faggot for wanting to play esports than you are for thinking you're a girl. Just play video games, don't try to be a fuvking "gamer"
>>
What about kayo police
>>
>>5689180
Play a fighting game or Smash Bros

They don't discriminate and have the nicest overall esports community.

Source: Have been a transgal for 7+ years in FGC and no one gives a fuck.

Just don't take twitch chat to heart and you'll be fine.
>>
>>5690219
capcom? more like trapcom.

can confirm, they love the traps. hooked up with a guy from the fgc. not like a big name or nothing. idk maybe he is? super chill guy from my hometown, would wifey for.
>>
If you can put up with the assholes on 4chan everything else is easy af currently doing this only as a designer for the teams players and editors and you just have to learn to ignore stuff like dont even respond to any negativity
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.