[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pride (question for all sexualities/genders itt)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
(May be offensive to the butt hurt)
Isn't it weird how people say they've got gay pride, or any kind of sexuality pride?
I'm gay. I'm content to be gay. I'm even happy to be gay. But not proud, because I didn't earn homosexuality. I was born with it. I'm proud that I can draw well, because I earned it. I'm also proud of my paychecks from work.
But not my genetics.

You guys seem smart. What are your thoughts on this?
>>
If people weren't discriminated and hated for who they are and were accepted as normal or everyday people prides wouldn't exist.

Prides are a result of discrimination
>>
GODDAMMIT THIS THREAD AGAIN
I AM SO GODDAMN TRIGGERED

It's pride as an in not ashamed.
Pride:
consciousness of one's own dignity.

Words are polysemantic, goddammit why can't americans understand anything
>>
>>5519749
>>5519752
I guess it's just me, then. Sorry I asked.
>>
I think every young gay person grapples with this a little. It's a sign of how much progress has been made really. It's a luxury to be openly gay and be lead a normal life.

Gay pride isn't about being proud of your sexuality, it's about refusing to be ashamed of it. Gay pride parades started with people with the courage to stand up and refuse to be ashamed of who they are and let everyone see that they're not perverted monsters just ordinary people who deserve basic human decency.

Gay pride parades have largely morphed into celebrations of excess and hedonism over time as gay rights and acceptance advance and pride parades' political utility loses its relevance.
>>
>>5519786
Thanks for your intelligent opinion. You've changed my mind a little bit. Now I'm kind of on the fence with the concept of it.
>>
I don't like pride because to me it purports that "this is the way to be gay", it's an attempt at being accepted through a very strict set of rules. Once a year do this, walk here, say this, so on and so forth.
I think acceptance should come from actions not belief, to me that means being an upstanding citizen and not requiring any rights from a point of minority but as a human. There shouldn't be gay rights - there should be human or individual rights.
I also see it as very self-segregating, same thing with gay bars.
>>
>>5519818
Gay bars are for meeting gay people.
>>
>>5519863
They are for being able to hit on people without the fear of violent retaliation or rejection. There are no straight bars and bars that are just bars doesn't function like instant meat markets. With the advent of hook-up apps many straight people go to bars to socialize, dance or just sit around and converse with people they haven't seen in a while.
As such gay bars becomes a self-segregating endeavor. If there were exclusive straight bars that denied gay people entry there would be an uproar.
>>
>>5519869
Gay bars have been around for at least the last 150 years during a time when gay men had 0 chance of meeting. Learn your history and stop whining, gay bars are good for gay men.
>>
I'm not proud of anything I've done
>>
>>5519745
If people are proud of being gay or bi, let them be. Sure, they were born this way, but all in all, as long as they don't consider themselves better than other people based on their sexuality, it's all good. As someone has already mentioned, pride here means not being ashamed. I'm not ashamed of being bi, so you can say I have my bi pride, but I don't consider myself better than anyone else based on my sexuality.
>>
My bf dragged me to pride last year.

It was the single most uncomfortable place I've ever been.

0/10 would not do again
>>
>>5519745
>What are your thoughts on this?
It's a tool for attention whoring breeders so they can flaunt their feigned acceptance on social media in a desperate attempt to add an extra inch to their E-peen in today's online circle jerk of moral vanity.
>>
>>5519745
I agree with >>5519786

Basically I'm "proud to be gay" in the sense that I'm not ashamed, that I will not do my best to pretend I'm something that I'm not, and that I have immense respect for the gay rights movement that paved the way for an environment where I can comfortably do that.
>>
>>5519745
pride is about telling society that these activities that have been shunned are perfectly normal and you are not ashamed of the acts, or your life.

>You dont have to be proud of your sexual orientation, just be proud of who you are.
>>
>>5520132
how many dicks did you suck?
>>
>>5520307
Absolutely none :^)
>>
>>5519757
it is stupid, yes, it is retarded yes, but it was created from discrimination
>>
>>5520345
the how the hell did you show any pride? i always suck as many dicks as possible so everybody knows how proud i am.
>>
>>5520374
no it was created because homosexuals are huge attention whores. they like to prance around like fairies
>>
I'm not really proud of my sexuality, and neither are most normal straight people, except for those dumbass reactionary Christians who want attention
>>
>>5520154
u wot m8
>>
File: aliens-2.jpg (288KB, 1393x838px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-2.jpg
288KB, 1393x838px
>>5520453
>they like to prance around like fairies
Ayy
>>
>>5519745
it is meant to be wearing your flaws as an armor
>>
>>5520453
i am literally the opposite of a attention whore. If people found out i that i'm gay they would immediatly link the looks and character of my bf to the ones of my dad. Also it would fucking ruin my trolling because the origin of the hatred for the smallest fascist cell, aka the family, would be way to obvious created by my butthurt
>>
>>5520453
like it or not you caused this by treating them like some abonormal human being and discriminating against them.

if you accepted as normal they wouldnt fucking care, there would be no need to feel good about being something usual.

But NOOO you had to discriminate and reject them so weak faggots will need to take pride in something as retarded as being gay in order to survive

YOU CAUSED THIS, and you deserve to suffer for your idiotic hateful behaviour.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.