[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /lgbt/ im trans and i wanna start self medication, could you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Transgender flag-triangle.png (12KB, 400x173px) Image search: [Google]
Transgender flag-triangle.png
12KB, 400x173px
Hi /lgbt/ im trans and i wanna start self medication, could you please help me with the dosage also about what should i get, where should i get it, what to start with?
infos about me:
178cm
58kg
current location: Eu
i never took any hormones and i didn't start transitioning yet
>>
>>5511129
>that symbol
>part male part female part something else
what

qhi.co.uk is where I get my meds from.

You should try to find a therapist and a doctor asap but in the mean time there's a few types of meds you can take.

You need an Anti-Androgen (AA) and an Oestrogen (also spelled Estrogen or just E)

Spironolactone is a common Anti-Androgen, brand name is often Spirotone, a common dose is 200mg per day
I find Cyproterone Acetate to be a better AA, brand name is often Androcur but it is more expensive, 50mg is the average dose

For the Oestrogen you can take:
Estradiol Valerate (Brand Progynova 4mg/day)
Estradiol hemihydrate (Brand Estrofem 4mg/day)
Patches
Something called Premarin which I don't know a lot about.

Patches are the best for slow release but they are expensive, Progynova is the cheapest usually, Estrofem is more expensive and you take those by placing them under your tongue.

I'm on Progy and Spiro because of the cost but I have been on Cypro and Patches and they're better in my experience.

When you start you might want to take the AA first for a week or two to make sure you get no adverse effects, then start on the E.

I've probably missed things but that's the basics, any questions?
>>
>>5511181
First of all I'd like to thank you for answering, i really appreciate it c:
and yes i have some other questions:

what would these do? Like. Is it going to change my body? is this HRT itself? or do i have to get those in another way.

Also. what should I do if i live in a shit-tier country where there aren't really any therapists? like.. where do i go? i cant move to a different country yet, so I'm stuck here for around 2 more years.
>>
>>5511224
yeah that's hrt
>>
>>5511224
yes this is hrt, and it will change a lot of things, most notably you'll grow breasts and lose muscle over time, and you should feel better.
your skin should get softer, your body fat will redistribute a little, and your body hair might become thinner too, all this takes years. it's not magic so don't expect it to do all the work, you'll need to practice your voice and dressing as a woman and how you have your hair. if you have facial hair it can be removed with laser or electrolysis which is expensive.

you'll need to get blood tests from a doctor to monitor your testosterone and oestrogen levels to stay safe, you may be able to pay for that if you don't have healthcare.
>>
>>5511224
You don't have to answer, but what is the shit-tier country? a lot of Americans claim America is shit-tier but it's better than they think especially in terms of medicine.
>>
>>5511274
hungary
>>
>>5511604
nah I just ate.
though on a serious note, I thought they were good with healthcare. though I don't know about this specific type of healthcare outside of the US and a couple south east asian countries.
>>
>>5511270
i already have really long hair so that's good. Facial hair is a problem but i guess i'll just wax until i get laser hair removal. But the problem is that my voice is very deep. is there anything to help that?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.