[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sexuality and Personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Why do you think it is it that lgbt people tend to have certain personality traits. Why do gay guys tend to have the stereotypical gay guy traits, like having certain interests (aside from their own gender) IE gay guys tend to be really into music or fashion and shit like that. Is it the manifestation of their different sexuality or is their sexuality a product of their different personality? I'm talking about stuff that goes beyond being associated with the opposite gender, like gay guys seeming feminine and lesbians seeming masculine.
>>
Well, it's obviously the latter since personality doesn't determine what gender you like at all.

As for the other way around, LGBT people tend to conform to certain stereotypes in an unconscious effort to assimilate to the LGBT culture.
>>
>>5436045
conform*
>>
>>5436034
Because homosexuality is the wiring of the attraction part of the brain in the way of the opposite sex.
To imagine that whatever causes this wiring is also capable of rewiring OTHER parts of the brain in a similar manner is not a stretch.

A portion of gay men having personality traits consistent with women and vice versa for lesbians is expected.
>>
>>5436045
Peer pressure is fucking sorcery.
>>
>>5436034
Because the ones that do act differently don't go screaming they're gay, that's why you never hear abour "normal" gays. Or any other lgbt, really.
>>
Confirmation bias
>>
>>5436034
you just made me realize how gay i am
i'm into music a fuckton and increasingly fashion
>>
>>5436147
OMG! And I just realized I watch Doctor Who and care about hygiene. I must also be typical homosecksual!
>>
>>5436154
oi fuck off i'm into literally the two things he mentioned as stereotypically gay in cardinal order
>>
>>5436158
how did you get into "fashion"? it seems like a pretty nebulous thing to be interested in to me, but i'd like to explore it if it's as interesting as music is to me. 100% srs
>>
>>5436161
i started out just browsing /fa/. learned terms and checked guides and stuff. after that, a lot of observation (what works, what doesn't) and a lot of experimentation. fashion is expensive as shit. use thrift stores, i can't think of any other way.
>>
>>5436034
I think my issue is that I subconsciously want to be less of a man than my boyfriend so that we still fit the picture of a heterosexual couple.
>>
File: Adam_Steve-873624667-large.jpg (73KB, 810x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Steve-873624667-large.jpg
73KB, 810x1200px
>>5436034
>Why do gay guys tend to have the stereotypical gay guy traits

They don't.

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.[Note 1][1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning.[2] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

A series of experiments in the 1960s suggested that people are biased toward confirming their existing beliefs. Later work re-interpreted these results as a tendency to test ideas in a one-sided way, focusing on one possibility and ignoring alternatives. In certain situations, this tendency can bias people's conclusions. Explanations for the observed biases include wishful thinking and the limited human capacity to process information. Another explanation is that people show confirmation bias because they are weighing up the costs of being wrong, rather than investigating in a neutral, scientific way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

http://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/confirmation_bias.htm
>>
>>5436218
Confirmation bias does apply to an extent, but how many pansy straight guys do you see in public compared to gay ones? You could argue that the media and whatnot made flamboyancy more acceptable within the LGBT group, but at least based on personal experience that doesn't seem to be the case. Sure, straight cis men or whatever may be suppressing feminine thoughts, but that's part of why certain cultures express certain traits over others.
>>
>>5437045
>how many pansy straight guys do you see in public compared to gay ones?
About a 1:1 ratio.
>>
>>5436034
They're insecure. Sadly they've got the bratty teenage girl personality and think the whole world is watching them every time they step outside the house. So when shitty songs like Timber are released, those types of gay guys will be at the forefront of praising it etc... just because it is the latest "thing" out there.

A very sad way to live your life desu.
>>
Brainwashing. You need to pretend to be part of one group when other one rejects you.
>>
>>5436034
>Why do gay guys tend to have the stereotypical gay guy traits
Because they subconsciously want to fit in. Some idiots forced a bunch of memes a long time, and here's a whole culture with its stereotypes that you're supposed to conform to.
>Is it the manifestation of their different sexuality or is their sexuality a product of their different personality
Neither. The "gay traits" are a learned behavior, acquired from mingling with other gays.
Do you also think that black people are born with black culture or their culture exists just because they have a certain color of skin and facial features?
>>
>>5436034
Read this somewhere, but the usage of the right and left half of the brain is reversed in gays and lesbians. I don't know about bis
>>
>>5438031
Saging this bit to my post: The usage of the halves
>>
>>5438031
And humans also use like only 2% of our brain, dude. But they tell on TV that you can unlock your alien genes and become a super telepath.
Regard, armchair neurobiology expert.
>>
>>5438080
That's not true. We use the vast majority of our brain but signals are only going through 10% at a time, higher when you're on drugs or caffeine.
>>
It's simple. When you speak about “LGBT people”, I assume you mean those who are openly showing their sexual orientation and, as a substantial part of their individuality revolves around it, it's normal to see common features among them. There are numerous homosexuals you don't know and couldn't know because they don't consider the homosexuality as something that should inflect the personality and don't show it publicly, the same way heterosexuals don't let it takes any relevance in their mindset. You're fooled by a tiny percentage of homosexuals who wrongly think the sexual orientation is a big part of them while it should have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>5441636
>the same way heterosexuals don't let it takes any relevance in their mindset
This is really stupid and not true. Most guys I know can't go five minutes without at least a "she's hot"
>>
>>5441645
It's called “sexual drives”, not “personality”.
>>
>>5436034
Western shill media tells us to behave that way. Go look at gay/bi men in any other countries outside of the U.S. and the U.K. You can't tell them from straight men.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.