[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you are transitioning, why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Just curious how different people would respond to this question.
>>
Cuz I don't want to attempt suicide for the 6th time op, what better reason could there be.
>>
I'm not.
But the question I'll be asked will be different.

"Why did you try to drink so much alcohol if you've never drunk it before?"
>>
To get straight men into bed.
>>
Was depressed basically my whole life, fantasized about being a girl all the time, Hated my body and thought it just felt wrong and didn't represent me, I didn't even really connect this with being trans for a while, I'd tell my friends that I felt like my "true self" would be shorter and less masculine and stuff and they thought I was nuts. Never really had any hopes or dreams or looked forward to the future at all, eventually it got really bad and I could barely get out of bed in the morning, constantly fantasizing about being a woman, being a mother, seeing girls out in public and wanting to cry. Around this time I admitted to myself that I was trans and started working towards HRT. Got diagnosed with GID, started hormones. I've never been happier in my life and I feel like a normal functioning person for the first time ever, I wake up in the morning and I actually want to go out and accomplish something and talk with people and stuff. I'm still in boymode in public but I've just been a lot looser with feminine mannerisms and stuff (when I was in high school I was so afraid my voice sounded "gay" and tried my best to suppress it) and I feel a thousand times more confident and capable socially
>>
>>5305905
please don't post attractive women, it triggers me
>>
>>5305905
I'm tired of fighting a loosing battle being drowned in terrible depression and suicidal thoughts most of my life. I've always felt like I should have been born a girl but thought I had no choice so tried to rationalize my thoughts and experiences as best I could. I'm 22 and i've never truly been happy, this has been weighing on me too heavily for too long. I can't go on feeling crippled for much longer. It's time to change things and attempt to be happy.
>>
I am, but slowly.

Just as I was about to fully transition I got a job offer as a dude, and it turned out to be a job that I really love.

Sso I've slowed things down but I'm still on HRT and saving for FFS.
>>
>>5306008

forgot to say the why, oops!

well because I wanna be female and treated as such, I may never fully pass but I'll give it a good shot.
>>
>>5305974
>tfw this aint tumblr
>>
>>5305905
Because I want to be a girl.
I've been srsly doubting whether I should even bother, It will take years to pass if I even get there, then I realized even starting a transition would be fucking christmas early. I don't know why, maybe it's just the hought I'm putting a bit of effort into being feminine. This was a recent thought, so here's to the upcoming transition.
>>
>>5305905
this is kind of a funny question. i think when your physical appearance doesn't match who you are inside, the better thing to ask would be why wouldn't you transition?
not bashing on people who don't feel the need to transition, your identity is still as valid as those who want to transition. that goes without saying.

personally i hate my masculinity. the low voice, adams apple, the aggressive impulses caused by the testosterone in my body, the facial hair, the flat chest and the bulge in my pants, not to even mention the standards and expectations forced on me because i was born with a penis.
what i am now is not who i am nor who i want to be, so transitioning is the logical way to go.
>>
>>5305905
Because I think I have a good reason to do so.
>>
This thread makes me sad but gives a little hope at the same time.
>>
File: contemplating.png (220KB, 702x364px) Image search: [Google]
contemplating.png
220KB, 702x364px
>>5305905

because despite the fact that i'll never be a cis woman, looking more like one alleviates my dysphoria which for a lot of my life has hindered my personal growth, and clouded my aspirations.

when you're trans, for whatever reason the dysphoria you develop (whether it be genital or facial or whatever) depresses you severely. it can be in a way sort of traumatic having to watch your body turn into something that your mind is telling you it shouldn't whether you agree with that or not. it's like anything beyond your control that holds great psychological significance. idk why we develop this or what it is, but it is what it is. so you spend a long time in this cloud of depression, and you're sort of forced out of your own experiences because for a lot of us we can't live with ourselves in that state and we just escape. spending your whole life escaping your life makes it so you never truly develop an identity. you don't develop goals, or grow at the same pace as other people. you just kind of wither away.

so for a lot of us transitioning takes us out of that pit, and we can start to function more as people, and come back into ourselves. we can start to develop our own identities, and goals, and be...actual people. instead of shells of human beings. obviously we still have scars from our experiences, but we can overcome them easier because we're in a process of healing.

so i guess the shorter answer is that i transitioned so that i could have a life i felt was worth living, or a life worth being a part of. it's been going pretty well so far.
>>
File: tumblr_mu2w722Omz1szx9f3o1_500.jpg (77KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu2w722Omz1szx9f3o1_500.jpg
77KB, 500x647px
FtM here.

I am very masculine but did not enjoy being a masculine girl. I always wanted the friendship of males without it becoming a sexual thing.

Fin
>>
>>5305951
Holy crap, this is exactly me
>>
because my male features cause me so much distress i need to change my appearance in order to have a happy and as close to normal life as possible
>>
>>5307550
lol I'm gonna guess that's a lot of mtfs
>>
>>5305905
Because I wanted to be female.
As simple as that.
>>
I've always been more Feminine. been the smallest male in my family for like ever...I like the idea of being a girl, to have boobs, be cute, or even just Pretty. At 25, My chance to pass more easily is fading fast and I needed to start before i regret more then i do already.
>>
>>5307573
Basically this.

I wanted it since I was 5, thought there was nothing I could about it, never explored/ said anything since it would just make me a freak with an unattainable fantasy.

What convinced me to go ahead was that we're only guaranteed one life. I realized I was thinking like I'd get a second chance to live life how I wanted later. Like oh just make it through this life as a guy and be a girl next time.

I was nearly 25 and needed to try, because fuck, I can.
>>
>>5305951
I went the opposite direction. Started working out, playing sports, met my gf. I'm pretty content with life right now.
>>
>>5307607
Also I'm sure subconsciously I was expecting a perfect swap to be developed in my lifetime, like all these dorks that say they want SRS but only once it's perfected. I set up barriers and let myself live in denial, saying that some fantasy scenario would be available before the end of my life. At that point, it would have to include reversion to youth and eternal youth, plus the ability to switch to a perfect female body of my own design.

Like holy shit man, no, realistically that's not going to happen. To blindly wait for that is delusional. And if it DOES happen, I can always do that TOO. That's the same thing I tell those dork SRS-holdouts. For now, I did the best I could with our current transition techniques.
>>
I'm not and I never will.

I'd like to, but I can't.
>>
Sounds like most people are just depressed and think that becoming X will make them happy.
>>
File: Kim.jpg (11KB, 173x322px) Image search: [Google]
Kim.jpg
11KB, 173x322px
>>5305905
To be more comfortable and confident with myself and my self-image
couple months in and im already feeling better than ever
>>
>>5308220
Well, I was right
>>
Because I'd rather be a hon than a decent looking guy. I'd kill myself if I had to go back to being a man.
>>
>>5308220
that sounds pretty obvious to me, not sure what you're getting at here.
>>
>>5305905
Cause seeing myself in the mirror used to make me cry and after 2 years on hrt now seeing myself in the mirror makes me smile
>>
>>5305905
For consistency with who I am. Being a dude just doesn't make all that much sense considering my personality and my interests.
>>
>>5307610
I hope that works out for you. It would truly suck to have these feelings overwhelm you later in life after you thought you had successfully repressed them. The thought of that happening scared me just about as much as going through with attempting transition so I said fuck it i'll try to be happy give me hrt.

Good luck I hope you stay content /happy
>>
Why? In order to become the real me.
>>
>>5305905
I like looking feminine and I hate the male role. I used to think I was just beta until anti-depressants killed my interest in women and I realized how much I hated having to chase women. Now I'd rather men chase me.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.