[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Itt: Let's talk about the F-word

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (62KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 400x300px
Nowadays, everybody is very sensitive, and we've revolved our lives around sensitivity to the point where you can't even bring up topics like these for discussion without being labeled as a homophobe or a bigot. Do you think this word has changed in it's original meaning and intention? Frankly, fag doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to several years ago since back then it was fully meant as a derogatory slur for homosexuals. But nowadays, I think the word fag is meant for either assholes/douchebags/jerks, or to refer to an actual degenerate. I mean, I use fag all the time to call out jerks who cut me off during traffic or when some depraved bastard on this board starts bragging about fucking underage twinks and not getting tested 'cause he's on PrEP, for instance. I just don't think fag is that much associated with homosexuals anymore, what does /lgbt/ think?
>>
>>5259356
On 4chan yes.
Real world definitely not.
>>
We can debate the sensitive nature of the word "faggot" all we want, but the fact of the matter is that people who tend to use the word IRLtend to be very unpleasant and annoying to be around
>>
>>5259356
That's the basic premise of South Park's episode "The F-Word", and aside from it being one of my favorite episodes, I fully agree on its take on the word faggot and how its meaning has evolved/is evolving. All languages and all words evolve continuously; syntax, grammar, pragmatics, semantics, etc. Fag is just another of the millions of words that have evolved and that continue to evolve over time.
>>
>>5259356
depends what cultural circle it's used in and for what reason

most nations on earth are no longer monocultural and haven't been for a very long time

there's no disputing the origin of the term, however, the way it's been perceived by people in general has evolved to only a very marginal extent in the last 35 years.

unless you're an old guy who has dementia and thinks "several years ago" was the 1950s, i think you just never noticed this due to all the lies you've been fed by your culture and your generation

in conclusion, depends
>>
>>5259400

cry about it, faggot
>>
>>5259356
I think it varies depending on the location, context, and individual. In some state like Alabama where the existence civil rights as a whole is still questionable to this day, if the word fag comes out of a toothless mouth belonging to some inbred, inebriated hillbilly, I bet that he's gonna be referring to homosexuals in a derogatory way. But in general, I too think that the meaning of fag has changed and has become more synonymous to douchebag. Tbh, I find that faggot is also a word that needs to exist in order to call out homosexuals who are behaving like sexual deviants. I'm no prude, but those idiots dressing and acting like whores in public and making fools of themselves at pride parades is where I draw the line.
>>
>>5259538
Word. Also, we need the word faggot to call out OP when he's being a faggot.
>>
It's only really acceptable on 4chan or similar contexts
>>
I would never associate with a British person because they all use the word to describe their cigarettes. I would gladly sink their entire island into the sea just for that reason.
>>
>>5259441
Where do you live, anon? Maybe it's different for you than it is for OP. I think it depends as well, but where I live (and probably wherever OP's at too) people tend to be pretty tolerant of us.
>>
faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot

man i'm so offended god words jesus fuck how wil I ever recover from this acidic snakebite duo of syllables god damn i dunno maybe ill just stop letting it have power and bother my sensitive prissy little ass

fuck

grow some (figurative) balls
>>
>>5259740
na i was just venting i only used this as an opportunity to figure out what i think while simulaneously letting out some of my anger lol
>>
Fuck off, faggots.

t.homo
>>
>>5259762
what's the point of language, if not to convey an idea? and the idea behind some words can mean nothing but an insult. it's not gonna make me cry, but it makes me uncomfortable, and being around people who use it frequently would be weird, and i'd just avoid it.
>>
>>5259762
I don't like you straight bitch. Telling me to grow balls won't trick me into liking your fat retarded dumb boring ass.
>>
>>5259595

Me and my gay friends all use it liberally.
>>
>>5259793
you could just develop schizophrenia and get ideas and language all jumbled up

that way you won't be able to tell whether it's an insult, or what an insult is for that matter!

problem solved!
>>
>>5259793
You are only going to get the one reply out of me, because I hate having this argument in real life with people like you who have some kind of notion that they are hyper-intellectual sociologist-linguists who are under the impression that language is an immutable fucking law and that no matter what you do it can't be changed by people refusing to acknowledge a given definition or meaning of a word and instead accepting or substituting another.

Faggot is literally a case in point. It was originally tinder, a bundle of small sticks to help start fires. It became an insult because immature shitstains thought they were so hilarious calling people who touched dicks that and, hey, guess what? It stuck because people cried about it. If you stop crying about it, it stops working as an insult. Unless someone physically engages you, they have no power over you other than that which you give them. Especially nowadays when you have headphones literally the size of your dick. :^)

>>5259816
I'm gay as fuck.
>>
>>5259857
No, you're a straight piece of shit Christian pedophile.
>>
>>5259356
>Nowadays, everybody is very sensitive
South park-tier observation. Calling a mate fag is the friendship equivalent of a kink.
>>
File: GuYJW0a.gif (682KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
GuYJW0a.gif
682KB, 220x180px
>>5259900
Shit, I've been outed as Jared.

Escape cat-mode activate!
>>
>>5259694
Why so mad bro? Im just chilling smoking a fag no beef.
>>
What bothers me more is when people use the word 'gay' as a slur around me.

Fag and faggot are supposed to be insults. In most cases I'd say people who overuse those words aren't bigots but simply lack manners.
>>
>>5259356
OP is an insufferable faggot and is probably going to contract HIV and die.
>>
File: 1443083858160.jpg (9KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
1443083858160.jpg
9KB, 204x247px
"Faggot" on 4chan, and "faggot" in real life are two different things.

I just recently came out of the closet and have been thinking about this a lot. Growing up gay, we internalize a lot of shame and self-loathing. The word "faggot" contributes in a HUGE way to that... because we were that *faggot*.

Furthermore, I think many of us remember a time (90's) when "faggot" was almost exclusively used in a hostile and hateful way. Some of us still live in places where this is the norm.

So no, I don't think it's okay for a non-gay person (outside) of 4chan to say "faggot." That word hurts, whether we consciously admit it or not. But it can be okay in some cases.

For instance, if someone who is obviously pro-LGBT (but isn't gay) says "faggot" in an ironic way... then I have no problem with that.

If an LGBT person (like myself) wants to use "faggot" in a cathartic way, or to lessen the power that the word has... then sure, say "faggot" all you need to.

But otherwise? No. "Faggot" should be treated like the N-word. Both have a vioolent and hateful past. Time to get rid of it.
>>
>>5266612
Some of you may say, "Oh boohoo, you think a word is hurtful?"

But no, that's not my biggest concern. I have lost so many gay friends to suicide... and in their last hours, they referred to themselves as faggots in the most hateful way.

This is a word that kills.
>>
>>5259793
>>5259857
You both sound like faggots
>>
The harmfulness of a word is not inherit nor is it based in the physical world. it is however based in society which like it or not is important.

In the case of faggot or fag how bad it is is based on a ton of critera. to a person who doesnt speak english it would have no meaning. to someone who is a friend it could be used as a term of endearment. from the mouth of a biggot it could be bad.

How and why a word is used is what makes something offensive. and even though thats subjective there is usually atleast some line people usually wont cross.

Its the intent and meaning that matters most of all, and people need to not be so PC about things espically when its over the use of something not the intent or way it was used.
On the same token people need to stop defending insulting hateful messages in "my opinion" and "free speech" just cause its your opinion or you CAN say it doesn't mean you are not a shitty person and what you say is correct.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.