[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a person falsely convince themselves they have feelings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 47544530_p0.png (3MB, 1400x2032px) Image search: [Google]
47544530_p0.png
3MB, 1400x2032px
Can a person falsely convince themselves they have feelings of gender dysphoria?
>>
Yes.
>see all of tumblr
>>
>>5251187
Absolutely.

I spent something like 7 years wondering if I was trans, until I realized I wasn't. No feelings of temptation since then whatsoever.
>>
>>5251187
Not really, people who say yes are either in denial or have a definition of trans from the 50s
>>
Any person is capable of any kind of conviction. People are frail.
>>
What matter is it whether someone's feelings of "gender" dysphoria are real when their obsession to the idea of being born the wrong gender is leading them deeper into depression and a dysfunctional life?
>>
>>5251187
Yes, if they have autism or OCD
>>
>>5251240
>What matter is it whether someone's feelings of "gender" dysphoria are real when their obsession to the idea of being born the wrong gender is leading them deeper into depression and a dysfunctional life?
Because if they're wrong (somehow) then transitioning wouldn't improve their life
>>
>>5251279
It can though, could it not? Either way, they're creating a butt load of problems for themselves.
>>
>>5251187
Maybe but I don't care. I think there are more legit trans then gender trenders. So let them have to deal with themselves and help those who need it.
>>
The more important question to ask is whether one would be more happy as the opposite gender and whether it is a need or a want.
>>
>dawkins trany delusion
How do i know if im trans or just deluded faggot
>>
>>5251187
In theory yes. A hypochondriac is what I'm thinking of.
A therapist suggested that thanks to my OCD I was convincing myself I was trans, so I can say it's certainly possible someone could convince themselves they were. However it doesn't really matter as it'll be sorted out eventually. If they aren't actually trans they'll figure it out pre or mid transition. It's hard to go through all this shit and not be trans, I certainly don't fucking want to but this is what I'm stuck with.
>>
>>5251217
and you're a computer, prone to malfunctions, also frail
>>
>>5251203
Tumblrinas don't even claim to have gender dysphoria though. They're the ones banging on all the time about how you don't need it to be trans.
>>
>>5253371
Sometimes they'll even shame you for having gender dysphoria
>>
>>5253371
You don't need gender dysphoria to not identify with the gender binary.

Transsexual= Gender dysphoria
Transgender= Anyone who identifies as any other gender than the one socially assigned.
>>
>>5251187

Let me share a story with you.

Just yesterday, I was up at the local grocery store picking up a prescription for my roommate. On my way out, I was struck by the sight of a very tall, poorly dressed 'woman' with male pattern baldness. 'She' was wearing a horribly, ratty old cardigan, and one of those extremely cheap, ugly dresses that's just a tube of fabric. The most shocking thing, as I mentioned above, was 'her' hair. Think like the crypt keeper. Bald on top, long, scraggly and disgusting on the sides and back. Now, I'm an out gay man and generally supportive of trans people. I hang with a fairly liberal crowd. It's not easy to shock me. But this 'woman' frankly shocked the hell out of me. I knew that if I were shocked, the average person in this store was probably truly repulsed by the sight of this creature. 'She' truly looked like delusion and mental illness personified.

This was when I came to the realization - not everyone should transition. Somewhere along the line there was a failure in communication or just plain nerve, for this 'woman's' friends not to stop 'her' and tell 'her' that 'she' looked like a complete and total disgrace. It would have taken balls of STEEL to be seen in public with 'her'. Luckily it was broad daylight. I can't imagine 'her' going anywhere by herself, at night, etc. In this town, 'she' would get the shit beaten out of 'her' at the LEAST.
>>
>>5259423
I don't mean all non-binary people when I say tumblrina, though.
>>
>>5259423
What are some examples of reasons other than dysphoria to not identify with the gender binary?

>>5259519
Is this pasta? I don't really see what it has to do with the topic of this thread.
>>
>>5259552

There are people with dysphoria who will never pass. If you can't pass, you shouldn't bother. You are setting yourself up for heartache.
>>
>>5251187
If we're honest then of course. People convince themselves of falsehood constantly. That's like half the human experience.

Those who say 'no' are emotionally invested in the subculture and ideology so they have to deny it.

See also
all religions
>>
>>5259568
Only real alternative is suicide if the dysphoria is bad enough desu
>>
>>5259552
>What are some examples of reasons other than dysphoria to not identify with the gender binary?
there are lot of people who don't use gender, male/female, etc just to refer to to neurological body identification. And I don't just mean tumblerinas here.

Once you get to the words masculine and feminine, things go all out the window.

So you can get someone like me, whose totally fine with their penis, and doesn't want boobs, but doesn't want most of the other male associated bits.

And that's when I don't feel like going all out and tucking etc.

I don't call myself trans, because I don't have dysphoria, etc, but a lot of statement about 'men' 'guys' 'male' etc don't fit me. Even ones that I know fit the vast majority of males.
>>
>>5259423
transsexual=real
transgender=I'm wasting my college on batshit feminist classes
>>
>>5259423
>Transsexual= Gender dysphoria

>one term uses "sex"
>the other "gender" to define it

What?
>>
>>5259423
>Transgender= Anyone who identifies as any other gender than the one socially assigned.
why would you do that though
>>
>>5259618
sex is your genitalia. born with penis so male and so on. Transsexual is when you're for example a 3rd sex because born with penis feel like grill so become ladyboy porstar

Gender is literally made up bullshit idea like astrology
>>
>>5259929
>Gender is literally made up bullshit idea like astrology
Concepts like masculinity and femininity and their relation to physical sex and culture are legitimate and worth exploring though

Humans are all male or female though. Even if you're intersex you lean one way or the other. All non-binary shit pisses me off, it's completely alien to humanity itself
>>
>>5259519
>delusion
>mental illness

If you weren't so addicted to using your buzzwords you'd hook more people
>>
>>5251187
People can delude themselves that they have various mental issues like PTSD, OCD, autism and ADHD.
So gender dysphoria probably won't be any different.
>>
>>5259622
Because you don't like the gender you were assigned?
>>
Yes, just like they can convince themselves that they are gay. Most people just like to ignore this though
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.