[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LGBT Thread for Christians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 23

File: my best friend.jpg (110KB, 620x865px) Image search: [Google]
my best friend.jpg
110KB, 620x865px
Any one else struggling with being /lgbt/? Like..you know it's wrong but you can't help but do it anyway? That's how I felt too at one time while being told by the /lgbt/ community it was because of my upbringing (religious parents) or media programming. Luckily I didn't buy into that lie.

Perhaps these videos will help you overcome the demons causing you to be /lgbt/ and will help clear you of them and help you build back your relationship with God.

https://youtu.be/HyCKi48Q3tM
https://youtu.be/eZTO1TAMa5o
https://youtu.be/1aydqKgov-4

Once you make God your #1 priority. pray to him, read the scriptures in the Holy Bible he'll change your life. God Bless.

Most aren't willing to do this because of their sexual urges/lusts take over but together we can overcome it!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mjwwi1H3XI1qz4rgp.jpg (69KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mjwwi1H3XI1qz4rgp.jpg
69KB, 500x440px
>americans
>>
Yesterday I got stoned and read a bunch of shit by gay evangelicals who basically say that God doesn't hate homosexuals, he just expects homosexuals to remain celibate for life and die alone in a cold bed and that they can't even masturbate

Any fucking gay idiot who is an evangelical is a poor, pathetic soul. Just convert to a more liberal branch of Christianity, none of this fucking matters. You can still have your bf and go to church every day, plenty of Episcopalian gays do it.
>>
File: CJMGLN-XAAAbPgg.png (173KB, 293x447px) Image search: [Google]
CJMGLN-XAAAbPgg.png
173KB, 293x447px
Why be a Christian?
It's a logically fallacious position regardless and if it makes you feel bad why not just kick it?
>>
>>5233409

Satan uses "denominations" and so-called branches of Christianity (ex: Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals, Mormons,etc.) to fight against true Christians and ruin their message.

True Christians know homosexuals are going to hell unless they repent,get rid of their bondage to Satan, and correct their ways. Homosexuality is a sin no matter how you spin it. Being celibate may be a good thing, but if your thoughts are still impure you have a lot of work to do.
>>
File: 1410949977682.jpg (7KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1410949977682.jpg
7KB, 221x228px
>LGBT
>Christian
This is some special kind of cognitive dissonance and/or internalized homophobia?
>>
File: 14346585394016.jpg (738KB, 1846x1212px) Image search: [Google]
14346585394016.jpg
738KB, 1846x1212px
>>5233459
Remove yourself from existence, Christfag.
We don't need your kind.
>>
Fuck off, you self-hating retard.
>>
Ur on the wrong board, dudebro
>>
>>5233342
>be me
>early twenties
>gay
>christian
>believe gay is a choice but developed early age
>also strong belief in Jesus Christ
>tried since I was young not to be gay
>tried to pray the gay away
>still celibate
>now dating new boyfriend
>Nice and actually cares
>we started talking about sex
>nothing happened yet
>still trying to be Christian but not working since gay
>what do?
>already spent hours watching how to rid homosexuality in my life...still nothing
>>
>>5233538
>be me
>>
File: 1435265348065.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1435265348065.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>5233538
Just admit that God doesn't exist, have sex, and move on with your life in an enjoyable manner.
>>
http://www.gaychristian101.com/Arsenokoites.html
Pay attention to the section on Philo, Jewish philosopher, 20 BC - AD 40. He soundly defines the word as temple prostitute, and he was a contemporary of Jesus.
>The modern attempt to make Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 a prohibition of all homosexual activity is not what Moses and God intended and is not the ancient Jewish understanding of these verses. The Jewish viewpoint articulated by Philo is 2000 years old. It was not invented by gay people as an excuse for sin. Understanding arsenokoites to refer to shrine or temple prostitution is the commonly accepted meaning of arsenokoites in the first century AD.

http://www.gaychristian101.com/

Lots of fun stuff at the site. I say this as a non-Christian who was raised in a Christian household.
>>
>>5233484
>cognitive dissonance and/or internalized homophobia
Yes, every gay Christian I have ever met so obviously suffers from both of these but will deny it until they die.
>>
>>5233690
One of the best things I did when young was to read various versions of the bible. My pastor didn't like me because I was finding the discrepancies. Things like poisoner vs witch.
>>
>>5233409
>gon get gay married in Episcopalian church soon
>gf was like "no church"
>but I'm actually Episcopalian
>and much of my family was married in that church
>she was crying the other day cause the church has been so kind to her
>and she was used to the angry baptist family-disowning her shit
>whhaaat up
>>
>>5233342

Guhh.
Kawaii happy Christcore boy so cute he getty bumfuck Mexican friend Jesus, yes? Oh goody.
>>
>>5233488
Look, I don't like the message in >>5233459 either, but this is the wrong response. Do as the Bible says (and he isn't doing) and love your neighbor. In his own way, he is trying to help. He's doing it entirely wrong, but he means well.

Meeting their behavior with hate is not a helpful message and merely perpetuates hatred.
>>
File: Ps34-10.jpg (107KB, 494x641px) Image search: [Google]
Ps34-10.jpg
107KB, 494x641px
Catholic Mtf here

I used to think that I was just a freak for wanting to be a girl and that I was hellbound. I would would spend hours crying in my bed trying to ignore everything. But eventually I realized that God created me this way, being trans isnt my fault. I prayed about it and all of a sudden I felt a wave of peace and joy wash over me when I realized that he still loved me and it was going to be ok. I started crying happy tears and im in a much better mental state now.
>>
File: BTW_1.jpg (125KB, 519x795px) Image search: [Google]
BTW_1.jpg
125KB, 519x795px
Wait relevant to this thread
>>
File: BTW_2.jpg (125KB, 519x795px) Image search: [Google]
BTW_2.jpg
125KB, 519x795px
A CHRISTIAN MANGA
>>
File: BTW_3.jpg (110KB, 519x795px) Image search: [Google]
BTW_3.jpg
110KB, 519x795px
>>
>>5233538
The bible is clear on the whole gay stuff, YOU just have to choose, going on with the gay relationship or choosing to follow the word of God? You just can't pray the gay away. Maybe being gay isn't a choice, but acting on it is.
>>
File: divine mercy.jpg (279KB, 1376x1536px) Image search: [Google]
divine mercy.jpg
279KB, 1376x1536px
Catholic here. I like the Church, and its teachings, even if I am a deviant pervert.
>>
>>5234550
>>5234555
>>5234560
Is there moar?
>>
Has anyone heard God/Jesus audibly?

If he whispered in my ear, "don't do it" or "don't be gay". I'd totally stop in my tracks and would change. That would be enough proof for me.
>>
>being sort of homosexual Christian
>being a minority inside a minority
>the minority majority keeps bullying me and calls me a degenerate
>>
Non-Christians fail to understand that Christianity is a religion that most - not even the most Conservative - can follow because it is a religion that - like Buddhism or Hinduism - disavows the physical in order to follow the path to spiritual perfection. Naturally, being a hard path to follow, the Church has had to try to "soften" its position so that they can align with a materialistic world-view, but nonetheless, at its most base. Christianity is a path to spiritual enlightenment.

Sex is detrimental, both heterosexual and homosexual, because it is a desire born of base matter and meant to satisfy the body while distracting one of the spiritual; the Saints are to be respected for their having achieved spiritual union with God.

The catechism of the Catholic Church teaches this, and the Orthodox/Oriental Churches also preach it: Man was made in God's image, and because of the innate divine spark, is able to reunite with the "source" (i.e. God) in order to achieve sainthood (peace of mind, liberation of the spirit, supernatural abilities, union of spirit).
>>
File: BTW_4.jpg (119KB, 519x795px) Image search: [Google]
BTW_4.jpg
119KB, 519x795px
>>5235307
oh hah yeah sorry I'm kinda high and went and got burgers and forgot
>>
File: BTW_5.jpg (123KB, 519x795px) Image search: [Google]
BTW_5.jpg
123KB, 519x795px
>>
File: BTW_6.jpg (127KB, 519x795px) Image search: [Google]
BTW_6.jpg
127KB, 519x795px
he still gay t
>>
desu I would be a buddhist if they allowed alcohol
being religious is okay as long as you don't ever push it at me
>>
>>5235601
The whole point of religion is proselytizing, you idiot. Fucking materialist filth.
>>
File: ryan.jpg (58KB, 666x508px) Image search: [Google]
ryan.jpg
58KB, 666x508px
All due respect OP, the pray-the-gay-away approach has a -really- miserable track record. Many ex-gay conversion camps have since closed shop and their former leaders have publicly apologized for, well, this.
>>
>>5235617
>The whole point of religion is proselytizing

Wrong. Religions clearly don't exist only to convert more people, that would be pointless.
For example - Religions like Judaism don't proselytise at, some religions like Zoroastrianism don't even allow people to convert to their faith.
They exist because they believe they are the path to spiritual enlightenment and salvation.

Seriously are you a retard or was your post bait?
>>
>>5235644
>reducing the whole idea of religion to 'murrica degeneracy
>>
>>5235122
>The bible is clear on the whole gay stuff
It's just been mistranslated to make it a sin, when many words were in use at Jesus's time that could have been used to specifically say homosexual, but weren't used. Instead the word used means temple prostitute.
>>
>>5235644
I am under the impression the reason they fail is largely due to them making people feel shame because of their thoughts, not something inherent to the religion they are talking about (in most cases).
>>
>>5235651
Not good examples at all, considering Judaism is a vile religion that doesn't proselytize due to the adherents believing they and only they are God's chosen, and nobody else is worthy or should be allowed to enjoy salvation, whereas Zoroastrianism doesn't proselytize due to believing a person's faith is "pre-destined". Meanwhile, all religions whose actual goal is the path to "enlightenment and salvation" proselytize.

>Judaism
>path to spiritual enlightenment or salvation

Literally concerned with nothing but materialism and worldliness.
>>
>>5235676
The officially sanctioned sorts of support groups for LGBT Christians of non-tolerant sects (LDS, Catholic Church, etc.) aren't much better off. The theme of most of the members seems to be either internalized hatred / shame, defeat, or partner-died-of-old-age betrayal / last-minute repentance. And even then most of those groups are still barely tolerated if not openly despised. There's no St. Therese, St. Francis or St. Augustine for ex-gays, the best you can hope for is Jimmy Swaggert.

Just from a statistical / quality-of-life sort of view, the best thing an LGBT Christian can do is to re-read the portions of Scripture which state that Christ's sacrifice was for -all- nations, and -all- humanity, so that -all- sinners would be reconciled to God, and then find a church which can unequivocally say that they and their congregation does not hate or discriminate against homosexuals, without a bunch of asterisks.
>>
>>5235797
>the best thing an LGBT Christian can do is
read this site: http://www.gaychristian101.com/

We know from other documents that survived that were contemporary to Jesus's time there were lots of words for homosexuals that could have been used in the bible, but non of them were. Instead the word that is now translated to homosexual meant temple prostitute back then.
>>
>>5233459
>ex: Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals, Mormons,etc.
Buttmad Russian with his irrelevant denomination detected.
>>
>>5235886
>Orthodox
>Irrelevant

What? Learn some history, faggoy
>>
>>5235897
>relevant
>only third world countries and one big (but shitty) contrarian country have it
>>
>>5235886
>>5235897
>>5235907
>being christfags
>being lbt
>having this argument
I would think you two have more important things to be concerned over
>>
>>5235917
I'm not a christfag. I'm just an agnostic who likes to bait other people.
>>
>>5235897
Given that Russia only recently stopped actively suppressing the church, it seems reasonable to say that it's been forcibly made irrelevant.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
I think every gay person in here needs to go find a christian board and go in and start posting gay stuff. when they get all pissed off ask them how they like it and tell them we will stop when they stop coming to our board harassing us.
>>
File: eufedoric_.jpg (46KB, 474x515px) Image search: [Google]
eufedoric_.jpg
46KB, 474x515px
>>5236145
>>
File: ldc8Wno.jpg (80KB, 493x700px) Image search: [Google]
ldc8Wno.jpg
80KB, 493x700px
god is a master comedian and LGBT is one of his best jokes
>>
>>5235668
Yeah sure....
>>
>>5237186
prove it wrong.
>>
>>5237221
I will be honest I cannot, because I don't study languages(I am guessing you do or know someone that has) and I don't read an article online that say "Five mistranslated things in the bible".
>>
>>5233342
I felt that way at first. I've become disenfranchised with the church I grew up in and the bible for the most part. I just focus on my relationship with God and try to live my life the way Jesus would.
>>
>>5237362
>Five mistranslated things in the bible
>google that
>get some interesting shit back

I know it's huffpost + tedx but this guy brings up kinda interesting points

huffingtonpost.com/dr-joel-hoffman/five-ways-your-bible-tran_b_1007058.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_q0qvfBqE
>>
Also maybe abortion is cool with god as long as you pay a fee?

http://goddidntsaythat.com/2015/09/06/the-bible-on-abortion-part-1-2/
>>
Why exactly is it a sin for a man to like a man? all i hear is that its a sin or that God hates it or that it goes against nature but i just want to know the really real reason.
>>
>>5233409
>he just expects homosexuals to remain celibate for life and die alone in a cold bed

you can still live with a guy and kiss and cuddle him
just no dick
It's not that much to ask, is it?

After all, heterosexuals hold themselves to the same standards.
Most straight men have vaginal intercourse an average of 10 times in their lifetime for the sole purpose of creating children and never engage in unnatural behaviors such as oral or anal sex.
:^)
>>
>>5233459
>muh brances
>there are billions of branchem and only my in true
>>
>>5237362
I did in the past, but as a hobby.
Good link here: >>5235853
> http://www.gaychristian101.com/

>>5237435
>abortion
I always laughed at the term "releasing the menses". It was the old medical term for abortion, coat hanger style, from the Victorian and later eras.
>>
>>5237501
So the argument goes, procreation and family is a big part of romantic love and marriage. Being at least open to children (even if medically unable to have children) is important, as it ties together the union between two distinctly different but complimentary persons.

... yeah I don't understand it either.
>>
File: tumblr_mvi365a63Z1r9u4bjo1_500.gif (775KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvi365a63Z1r9u4bjo1_500.gif
775KB, 500x278px
what if I just like to cuddle with my soulmate and we try the most to avoid anal intercourse even tho we fail to do so every once in a while
>>
>would rather read book than have sex
OP is high
>>
>>5233409
>he thinks he can reason with the insane pseudocult christians
Oh anon, you're so brave, but so stupid
>>
>>5237787
I keked
>>
>>5237844
>muh christianity
>there are billions of religions but only mine is true
Isnt anything more sad than a self absorbed religious person
>>
>>5235392
when I came out back in secondary school a lot od the other black/mixed guys said that I'm not black, that's when I figured out that all this race shit is stupid and akin to a primitive tribal mentality. (There's no reason for me to be proud of being black or white)
>>
>>5233839
The problem with reading various versions of the bible inevitably boils down to the dependence on KJV as the book of choice for most protestant denominations, especially in the US.
>>
>>5235122
>The bible is clear
To be fair the New Testament which is the one Christians should really be following says little about homosexuality. Old Testament tells you to stone non-virgins ffs
>>
>>5245726
Any differences in the old vs the new is enough for me to disregard the whole religion.
>>
>>5245512
That only means you have to look to other versions of the bible, and possibly even learn some new languages. I used to read ancient Greek, Aramaic, and Latin. I haven't used any of them for ages so they are a bit rusty. The ones I want to read now are some of the new testament books that were excluded. Some are even written by women.
>>
How can I convince my parents that being gay isn't a sin, and being transgender isn't a "lie of the devil"?
>>
>>5245726
Paul is really heavy on the gay bashing and he takes up most of the New Testament
>>
>>5233538
pray about it?
see an lgbt friendly gay pastor or therapist?
>>5247388
personally, i think paul was gay
and to be fair how one interpretes the new testament really depends on what translation you read so i dont know
>>5245128
are you cute anon?
>>
File: follow your dreams.gif (654KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
follow your dreams.gif
654KB, 260x146px
>>5233342
Stop believing in stupid shit anon.
>>
File: 1412077688812.jpg (158KB, 1280x1394px) Image search: [Google]
1412077688812.jpg
158KB, 1280x1394px
>gays hate me because I'm Christian
>Christians hate me because I'm gay
>>
>>5248606
Stopping being Christian would solve your problems
>>
>>5248615
I could rather stop being gay.
>>
>>5248624
That's not feasible though
>>
>>5248631
Neither it is for my faith. I didn't load an article about the religions and choose what looked like the funniest one. It is a very genuine, irrational part of my identity so I can't and don't want to cease being one.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.