[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

optics or iron sights??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: m4.jpg (47KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
m4.jpg
47KB, 600x400px
optics or iron sights??
>>
lots of quality threads tonight.
>>
irons first optics second anon
>>
>>35192319
I was just thinking that too.
>>35192295
Depends what kind of optics we're talking about. Magnifying or little to no magnification? And at what distance?
>>
>>35192295
Serious shooting? Optics. Not serious shooting? Whatever floats your boat.

There's a reason no one who does competition shooting or law enforcement/military work uses fucking irons you retard. Welcome to the modern age.
>>
>>35192295
That obviously depends on what you're doing. Optics are better at range, and for still targets. Irons are better up close, for moving targets, and for cool factor.
>>
Always learn to shoot on irons, then use optics. If not, then optics become a crutch. I used to think it wasn't so, but Ive seen far too many optics-proficient shooters struggle and fail when they try to shoot a gun with irons.
>>
Always learn to shoot on optics, then use irons. If not, then irons become a crutch. I used to think it wasn't so, but Ive seen far too many irons-proficient shooters struggle and fail when they try to shoot a gun with optics.
>>
>>35192446
>Irons are better up close, for moving targets, and for cool factor.

Exactly none of those are correct.
>>
Always learn to shoot with your eyes closed, then use your eyes. If not, then eyes become a crutch. I used to think it wasn't so, but Ive seen far too many sight-proficient shooters struggle and fail when they try to shoot a gun with closed eyes.
>>
>>35192520
Prove it.
>>
File: P1050415.jpg (324KB, 2296x1531px) Image search: [Google]
P1050415.jpg
324KB, 2296x1531px
>implying i even run iron sights

I don't put outdated technology on my gunz
>>
Always learn to shoot with a stick first, then use a gun. If not, then the gun becomes a crutch. I used to think it wasn't so, but Ive seen far too many gun-proficient shooters struggle and fail when they try to shoot a gun that's just a stick.
>>
>>35192295
Entirely situational, and honestly it does not matter if your mechanics and general shooting skill don't allow you to even have an opinion of discernment on any of the above.
>>
File: screenshot1-4.jpg (23KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1-4.jpg
23KB, 360x270px
>implying i even run weapon sights

I don't put outdated technology on my gunz
>>
Always learn to shoot with your gun first, then use your crutch. If not, then the crutch becomes ... something. I had a word for this, I know it. Anyway, I used to think it wasn't so, but Ive seen far too many crutch proficient shooter struggle and fail when they try to shoot a gun.
>>
>>35192446
Wrong. So fucking wrong. Noguns faggot.
>>
>>35192533

>No iron sight
>Frailest sight I've ever seen aside from single-pane microdots
>Sight so tall it requires neckweld.

Your concern should not be how modern the tech is.
>>
Always learn to shoot with a pretend gun first, then use a gun. If not, then the gun becomes a crutch. I used to think it wasn't so, but Ive seen far too many gun-proficient shooters struggle and fail when they try to shoot a gun that's just their hand.
>>
>>35192556
>crutch
Found the poorfag.
>>
>>35192566
>frailest sight
>trijican mro

Ayyy no, the MRO is built like a tank m8.
>>
File: 1494900657360.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1494900657360.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
>>35192490
>>35192521
>>35192541
>>35192556
>>35192567
Can you guys go to reddit? Seriously, this type of humor has never been funny and never will be. Do you want to know why 4chan hates redditors? It's because you do this type of thing, it promotes lazy anti-humor and no OC. Typing same thing out that's a little different is THE REDDIT thing to do, you'll seriously see it in every reddit thread ever. Stop. Go back to r/guns and never come back, please, you're ruining 4chan.
>>
>>35192564
Based on what? You have to present an argument, not just insult me.
>>
File: pk-as.jpg (15KB, 300x337px) Image search: [Google]
pk-as.jpg
15KB, 300x337px
>>35192585

Fight me nigger.
>>
>>35192588
>guys
Poster count didn't change, its one autist spamming it.
>>
>>35192566
>Same height as any other red dot
>Can have absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness mounts
>MRO is frail
Can you noguns poorfags just go the fuck back to whatever rock you crawled out from under tonight?
>>
>>35192598
My argument is I actually shoot. I enjoy using irons from time to time. How about you present a legitimate argument for your original statement of "irons are faster up close" which might be the most retarded shit I have read tonight. Noguns fucking retard.
>>
Can you guys go buy a glock? Seriously, this type of humor has never been funny and never will be. Do you want to know why Sigbros hate Glockfags? It's because you do this type of thing, it promotes lazy anti-humor and no OC. Hammering same thing out that's a little different is THE GLOCK thing to do, you'll seriously see it in every Glock show ever. Stop. Go back to r/glock and never come back, please, you're ruining guns.
>>
>>35192605
There's actually at least two of us. And we're not supposed to be funny at night.
>>
>>35192601
is that thing even waterproof?
>>
>>35192628

It's Russian-conscript-proof. Is better.
>>
>>35192613
> what is target acquisition

Go shoot partridge with a scope, see how well that works.
>>
File: IMG_4849.jpg (311KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4849.jpg
311KB, 2016x1512px
r8 my target acquisition system.
>>
>>35192647
>Optics means magnified
Optics includes red dots and holographics you retarded shitlord, which are much better for any application than irons in just about every way.
>>
File: IMG_20160612_153233310.jpg (516KB, 1822x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160612_153233310.jpg
516KB, 1822x1026px
>>35192588
>Can you fags go to 4chan? Seriously, this type of humor has never been funny and never will be on reddit. Do you want to know why reddit hates 4chaners? It's because you do this type of thing, it promotes lazy anti-humor and no OC. Typing same thing out that's a little different is THE 4CHAN thing to do, you'll seriously see it in every 4CHAN thread ever. Stop. Go back to /k and never come back, please, you're ruining REDDIT.

>>35192601
huehuehue
>>35192617
<3

>>35192295
Alright op, since I've got my shitpost in, I'm going to explain to you what the singular purpose of iron sights are. They're great if you cannot afford a quality optic, and that's it....
>>
>>35192663

>can see target
>can't shoot target

Good job, faggot.
>>
>>35192403
>There's a reason no one who does competition shooting or law enforcement/military work uses fucking irons you retard.

I think you're forgetting service rifle competition shooting and literally every single conflict prior to 2001. And I don't even remember seeing optics issued to more than a few guys per platoon even as late as 2007.
>>
>>35192689

You heard it here, folks. Bolt action rifles are superior in combat because they have been used more often than select fire weapons.
>>
>>35192665
I can think of three situations where they will always be worse:
1) When you have no batteries
2) Cost
3) Probably easier to damage/break
But nonmagnified optics will otherwise be better than irons in my opinion because of clearer/wider sight picture.
>>
>>35192689
Maybe that's because the services didn't have contracts for all of their folks to have optics prior to 2001? Ever wonder WHY everyone uses an optic NOW? It's not because it's inferior.

Are you really trying to be retarded? I feel like no one is this stupid without trying.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>35192693
>>35192707

You didn't specify time frame nigger. I'm pretty sure guys deploying to OIF/OEF before your balls dropped in 2007 were doing some serious work.

You're also ignoring service rifle comp shooting.

>Bolt action rifles are superior

Also I never said irons were superior cunt nugget. You're the only one making absolute claims here.
>>
>>35192632
Is it Joe proof tho?
>>
>>35192796
>didn't specify time frame nigger.
"no one who does... uses..."
Oh look at that, its present tense. Which specifies a time frame.

This board sucks at reading comprehension.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.