[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take class for concealed carry today >expect 8 hours of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: 1503510236043.jpg (43KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
1503510236043.jpg
43KB, 576x521px
>take class for concealed carry today
>expect 8 hours of you can defend yourself in this great country of ours guys!
>seriously it's totally great!
>instead I get you can defend yourself to save your life
>but you will have to have a lengthy court battle
>if you win the court battle you avoid prison
>you're gonna be broke
>then your assailant's entire dindu family will sue you
>you're gonna be even more broke
>you're better off just letting them rob/murder you

I'm considering not paying the $175 for the actual permit desu and taking the $100 class as a wake up call.
>>
>>35192102
It's the price we pay to be free. Would you rather be poor and under a lot of stress or dead?
>>
>>35192118

how is that free?
>>
>>35192102
Get gun insurance. CCW is 12 bucks a month
>>
>>35192102
>you're better off just letting them rob/murder you
I kinda arrived at the same conclusion reading stories about lefty madness on /k/
>>
>>35192102
Do they also happen to sell CCW insurance and did they pitch it after the class?

Depending on your state that may or may not be true. Good on them for trying to deter those retards that think they can go out and shoot anyone they want. It honestly should be your last resort, when you have exhausted all other options and it's come down to trial by 12 or carried by 6 (or when someone else is about to be carried by 6). You take the trial by 12 every time, and in reality you're likely to get off but again it depends on the state.
>>
>>35192102
It's not even true. If you use your gun in a no shit self defense scenario, your case is in and out. The only cases that destroy lives are cases like fucking Zimmerman. Yeah he was justified but he knows hes guilty for starting it. Don't look for trouble with your gun and you won't find it.
>>
>>35192122
It's a helluva lot more free than not being alive at all. Also, "The State already agreed that he tried to murder me and that I have a right to not be murdered" is a hard argument to beat during a civil suit.
>>
>>35192122
Most other countries prevent you from carrying a gun (or even a knife), effectively sentencing you to death in the event that somebody tries to kill you. You're not free to defend yourself. You're not free to live. As >>35192199 said, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
>>
File: 1485695277344.png (1MB, 1012x860px) Image search: [Google]
1485695277344.png
1MB, 1012x860px
>>35192102
>I'm considering not paying the $175 for the actual permit desu and taking the $100 class as a wake up call.

You don't really need a class to learn this kind of stuff. I'm saying this as a guy that is going to have $2,300 in class fees by the end of this year.

Some good resources for eye opening resources that aren't so "gun focused" like most people who carry are.
>Varg Freeborn's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kd5_-j4Z5U&t

He also has a very interesting take on the "better be judged by 12 than carried by 6" line everyone loves to spew. Strongly recommend reading most of these links, that is if you actually value these people's knowledge over literal whos on /k/ that don't even carry.

>Tom Given's Rangemaster newsletter

http://rangemaster.com/publications/rangemaster-newsletter/

>Dr. Sherman House's blog

https://revolverscience.com/2016/04/14/becoming-the-civilian-defender/

>Andrew Branca

http://lawofselfdefense.com/
>>
What commie state do you live in? I took an online "class" for $10 aka answered some easy stupid questions, dropped it off at the clerk's office with $40 and had my CHP mailed to me in 2 weeks.
>>
Don't many jurisdictions have laws against criminals and their families suing their victims should the burglar be attacked?
>>
>>35192416
Even if there are, you'd probably have to win the self defense case before their lawsuits against you would be thrown out. There'd be time to lose money in court costs.
But this is just me speculating. You could very well not have to spend a dime defending yourself from criminal's family's suits under those laws. Probably also varies each time.
>>
>>35192416
Yes, but commie shit holes like 25% of NY and Cali do exist. I only say 25% of NY because unless it goes to the state or federal level with some serious "wtf is that" type shit the local county and even some state run barracks will look at you favorably.
>>
>>35192199
>CCW insurance

biggest scam going. may as well buy volcano insurance while you're at it.
>>
>CPL only requires paperwork and a $40 fee
>no class required
>most got one because it reduces the hassle of buying a pistol
>probably not ever going to carry concealed
>DGAF
>>
>>35192577
Both states I've gotten permits/licenses in required NRA certified instruction with class time, and range time. 8-12 hours.

Though, I will say the quality of the information in the classes was really wildly different. One course I took was taught by two cops, one active and one retired. In addition to the rote coursework, they explained the current criminal landscape in the area, and how cops expected permit holders to interact with them. It was a worthwhile course.

The other one I took was taught by an ex businessman. In addition to the rote coursework he gave his non-professional non-informed legal opinions on the state's laws, and raised non sequiturs at every opportunity. It was completely worthless.
>>
>>35192268
if this were only true.
>>
>needing a permit for concealed carry
>needing a permit for open carry
Live free or die boys
Granite state best state
>>
Buy CCW insurance and umbrella insurance.
>>
>>35193777
^^^trips of truth.
>>35192102
what shithole state, OP?
>>
>leaving the assailants family alive after he attempts to rob you
>leaving the court officials and jurors alive if you go to court
you deserve it desu
>>
>>35193799
This. Git gud, OP.
>>
>>35193777
are you talking about new hampshire?
>>
>>35192199

>Do they also happen to sell CCW insurance and did they pitch it after the class?

No in fact the instructor said that cc insurance was pretty shit.

>. Good on them for trying to deter those retards that think they can go out and shoot anyone they want.

I was pleasantly surprised by that, that is definitely a good thing.

>>35192268
>>35192313

I think you're kind of missing the point as is everyone quoting the carried by six cliche. Yes you have a good chance you will win your criminal trial but even if you do that's when the civil suits start. And even if you win those you're still going to be in debt to the tune of hundreds of thousands at the end of them. The fact that only two states have any protection for that sort of thing is really insane.

It seems like the general consensus is just let them take your phone and wallet because the alternative is way worse

.>>35192372

I live in Louisiana, it is surprisingly expensive to get a CC here. it's around $125 for the 8-10 hr class, 10$ finger prints, $30 notary fee and then the actual permit application is $175 so basically I could have bought a decent gun instead of wasting money on this shit.

What state do you live in where it's that cheap?
>>
File: IMG_20170730_003345.jpg (115KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_003345.jpg
115KB, 1024x576px
That COULD happen, but certainly isn't guaranteed. For every Zimzam there's A few "open and closed" cases. When it comes to civil lawsuits I can only think of one case where it went against a victorious defendant, which is OJ Simpson. Your safest bet is to avoid situations where a deadly confrontation can happen if possible. Should the day ever come where you need to use deadly force, you need to have absolute confidence that you are justified
>TL;DR
Pic related
>>
>>35192102
Move to Michigan. Immunity from civil liability from dindu lawsuit. Massive self defense rights up to even shooting fleeing felons.
>>
>>35194237
Or Texas
>>
>>35194237

But then I'd have to live in Michigan

>>35194293

This is most likely my next move in a few months. Any specific area I should check out? I was thinking Houston but obviously that's a bad idea now.
>>
Don't make the mistake Zimmerman did. Carry a drop weapon, whether it be a gun or knife.

>kill "unarmed" dindu nuffin
>put weapon in his hand but don't get your prints on it
>clean kill

Cops were doing it for decades until body cams became prevalent.
>>
>>35194547
Got it, you're a Hipster cuck. Disregard help, get sued.
>>
>>35194547
Don't move to Fort Worthless or Dallas.
>>
>>35194024
>because the alternative is way worse
yeeah getting murderaped is way worse
>>
>his state doesn't have a law stating if found justifiable he's not liable to civil suites
sad!
>>
>>35194596

Yes I live in Louisiana, hipster mecca of the world. Face it pal, Michigan is awful. You're practically Canadian except Canada actually has nice cities.

>>35194683

What states are those? Florida and Washington right?
>>
>>35194625

Why is that? What are are some alternatives?
>>
>>35194625
Aw come on Ft. Worth is bretty cool. They've got the biggest honkey tonk bar west of the Mississippi!
>>
>>35194694
that i know of ya
>>
>>35192102
> Don't shoot them in the back.
>Aim up if possible you will have to pay for everything you hit and people might sur you for traumatic experience saying they are jumpy now.
>Make sure you kill them they will sue you if they live and they will come with a dindu army.

I suggest you get the gun anyway. Like the earlier poster said judged by 12 or carried by 6. The police may not even arrest you but the family might sue. When you are inches from death you won't be worried about any of those things but don't go around with cowboyitis because those are the people who get killed and the killer gets off without a day in jail. Don't point your gun at anything you don't plan to kill.
>>
>>35194700
Fort Worth is Hammerfell. The outlying areas can be nice, but for any meaningful employment prospects be prepared to face a minimum 40 minute commute.

This is honestly my favorite thing about FW. Good bunch of dudes, knowledgeable and laid back with a good selection. The handguns are all laid out so you can fingerfuck to your heart's delight and they have separate handgun and rifle ranges, RSO's are chill.

http://defenderoutdoorsshootingcenter.com/

>>35194706
I went once, but it's just not my cup of tea. It's so fake and #country, ya know?
>>
>>35194712
imho, this is the best argument for high caliber handguns.
Stopping power might arguably be bullshit, but killing power is not.
And aim for the head/heart if possible.
>>
>>35194024
Not the anon you were replying to, but in my county in Alabama it's $45 for a 5 year CCL. You go to the courthouse, fill out the application, they run a background check on you and once you clear that you're out the door with your license.
>>
>>35192563
But what are you going to do if Yellowstone explodes and you don't have volcano insurance?
>>
>>35194024
>even if you win those you're still going to be in debt to the tune of hundreds of thousands
What is a counter-suit Alex?

Sue the shit out of the parents and/or other family who sue you with the claim that if they had raised their kid right he never would have tried to kill you/rob you. Sue for 3 times your legal fees, but be willing to settle for enough to cover your legal fees, then sign all of it over to your lawyer.

Seriously, 90% of the time, they never sue. Mostly because it takes moeny to hire a lawyer and even then a lawyer shyster enough to take that case would only do so if there was a chance of getting money out of you. Unless you're rich or live in a shitty place like CA or NY or Mass., you're unlikely to have problems with this.

t. I personally know three people who have had to shoot people in self-defese. NONE of them were sued by family afterwords.
>>
>>35192102
I got a question what if the dude is in your house, you shoot him once and he turns around still in your home. Can I then shoot him in the back or do I need to politely ask him to turn around?
>>
>>35192316
>said, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Law is to do with who pays more and random chance, not juries.
>>
>>35194910
>not paying for the Pompeii premium coverage
>>
>live in IL
>stuck here because family
>the year i retire im going to look at houses in other state to moving out of this stinking shithole and taking my 401K with me
>they day i retire im packing my shit and leaving.

i got a long ways to go though.

but yeah in IL im not even going to bother getting my CCW permit. expensive as fuck classes, expensive as fuck permit and if you USE your CCW you will be sued to bejesus and back and loose everything.

I carry like $20 cash on me. the rest is plastic and my phone is an old flip phone. i highly doubt anyone is out to kill me and if i get mugged im out $20 cash, a $20 phone (if they even bother to take it) and credit cards that i can cancel and dispute charges made on.
>>
>>35194024

>implying niggers have families
>implying niggers can afford a lawyer
>implying niggers won't kill you
>>
>>35194958
Pompeii is small time bullshit that any decent volcano coverage is going to get no problem, and there will even be people left afterwards to pay you for damages!
>>
>>35192118
um...dead?
>>
>>35194937
There are no limits when under castle doctrine and fear for your life. If I see some nigger in my house with anything that looks like a weapon I'm mag dumping into him whether he is facing me or not. If you shoot them in the back just say he was mumbling about killing these crackas and it looked like he had a gun "if he doesn't have one."
>>
>>35194024
It's like you live in a state where niggers/faggots don't get absolutely destroyed for filing/losing fraudulent/frivolous lawsuits.
>>
>>35194981
At least I'm not the faggot paying St. Helens rates for a package that doesn't even cover ash aspiration.
>>
>>35195029
I'm more concerned about the "collapse of western civilization" clauses desu
>>
>>35194977

If you shoot her good boi then that dindus momma and senpai will come out of the woodwoork for a free payday.

and any lawyer with half a brain will work on contingency.

remember that redguard you just killed because he was trying to murder you was a guud boi and din du nuffin wrong! he a good boi goin ta church erry sunday and bout ta go ta collage. his church needs mo money fo dem programs n sheit.
>>
File: shiggydiggy.png (13KB, 522x499px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggy.png
13KB, 522x499px
>>35195038
Fucking State Farm
>>
>>35194024
>What state do you live in where it's that cheap?
Not the guy you were asking but where I live in Alabama you fill out a form, submit it to the county sheriff and if you pass the background check you pay $25 and you're done.
>>
>>35194937

depends on which state you are in.

in some states if you shoot someone 4 times and on the 3rd they turn around so the 4th hits them in the back you are fucked. lube up your asshole because you are going to be someones bitch.

in other more free states if someone is trying to murder you and you shoot them 4 times but on the 3rd shot he turned around and the 4th hit his back they say "well he would not have gotten shot if he was not trying to murder you"
>>
File: Black_cat_being_snowed_on.jpg (605KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Black_cat_being_snowed_on.jpg
605KB, 2048x1536px
>>35195040
>in some states
But how many aren't leftist shitholes?

>in other more free states
Yeah, but how many of those are leftist shitholes?
>>
>>35194237
>registered pistols
>>
File: laughingsluts.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>35194024
>win your criminal trial but even if you do that's when the civil suits start

>he doesn't live in Florida
>>
Whoever told you that is full of shit. In cases where it was actual self defense, you aren't going to have any court battles or need for lawyers and shit. The only time that shit happens is when you were being a fucking retard and it led to a self-defense situation, like that guy who brought a gun to the BLM rally, or the Zim-Zam.

In those cases, if you have CCW insurance it's still pretty easy to get out of it. But again, the solution to situations like that is just don't act like a retard and go looking for trouble
>>
>paying for class or a ccw permit

Just carry the fucking gun
>>
>>35195363
Also I don't even use a holster, I Mexican carry

You're all cucks
Fucking sissies

>muh laws
>>
>>35195381
You do have a point about many laws being cucky and meant to turn men into government obedient eunuchs.
>>
>>35195557
while permitless mexi-carry just turns you into a felonious eunuch
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.