[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the AK was never invented or just never replaced the SKS,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: sks.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sks.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
If the AK was never invented or just never replaced the SKS, how would the SKS fare as the soviet army's main combat rifle?
>>
>>35184699
They would have replaced it along with other service rifles developed during WWII
>>
>>35184699
>main combat rifle
The SKS was never meant to be the main rifle. As a carbine it would continue to see second line service while a new rifle, SVT or derivative probably, continued in service.
The AK happened to be better at being a carbine then the actual carbine it was not supposed to replace.
>>
>>35184699
It was meant as a carbine to the SVT-40. It would have been replaced. If not by the AK they would have come up with a different rifle build along similar lines. For instance the Chinese adopted the Type 81, basically an SKS moulded into the role of an assault rifle.
>>
>>35184859
>>35184908
Doesn't it have a 20 inch barrel? wouldn't that make it a rifle not a carbine?
>>
>>35185008
this
>>
>>35185008
It was a carbine compared to WWII rifles.
>>
>>35185008
Samozaryadny Karabin sistemy Simonova, 1945
Actual barrel length really has nothing to do with it, it was a shorter barrel than rifles at the time.
ALL rifles from the 1946 trials failed because they used barrels shorter than the minimum requirement. After testing the shorter rifle barrel was allowed for the 1947 trials ending up with a rifle with a bareel shorter than the older carbine.
>>
>>35184699
Pretty decently at first, and passably for a while, but it'd still end up obsolete next to an FAL or M14, and later M16.

>>35184808
That too. Someone would have developed a battle rifle or assault rifle to replace it early in the Cold War.

>>35185008
Shorter than the SVT40.
>>
>>35185051
She probably has a dozen black guys jizz on her as she puts that suit on, so that she is literally swimming in their cum all day.
>>
>>35185480
no, claire is a virgin
>>
>>35185480
Please, remove this
>>
>>35185719
>implying she doesn't get railed by thick black cocks near nightly
>>
File: 1502657829551.jpg (133KB, 902x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502657829551.jpg
133KB, 902x1024px
>>35185873

Why are people so obsessed with taking anything pure or good and shoving black dick in it? Why does black dick have such a voice when it only makes up 13% of the dick population? Why???
>>
File: Daddy.jpg (388KB, 1340x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy.jpg
388KB, 1340x1528px
I live in new York but i'll be going to a trade school in Seattle in a few months. I plan on moving to Oregon after I graduate. So my question is, can I buy rifle while at school in Seattle and just leave it with a family member in Oregon? or will I still count as a resident of new York since I'll only be there for 7 months
>pic unrelated
>>
>>35187096
I'm an idiot I posted this in a thread.
>>
>>35186019
>Why are (((people))) so obsessed with taking anything pure or good and shoving black dick in it?
Ftfy
>>
>>35184699
Assuming it becomes as ubiqutious as the AK did, I imagine it would go through periodic updates (such as removable box magazine and folding or removable stocks).
If the AK never existed, and the Soviets had come up with the FAPCO stock system in the 1950s, I'm certain they would still be using the SKS today.
For a 7.62 rifle, it isn't completely terrible even by today's standards. The worst thing about the design is the tilting bolt. Everything else is basically just ergonomics that could be easily upgraded.
imo the Manual of Arms for the SKS is just as easy as an AK anyways.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.