[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

answer me this /k/ How the fuck do films that are shot in Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: neo minigun.jpg (221KB, 1920x794px) Image search: [Google]
neo minigun.jpg
221KB, 1920x794px
answer me this /k/

How the fuck do films that are shot in Australia (most famously the matrix) are able to get automatic firearms? this was post 1996 btw

btw, the minigun that Keanu Reeves in the matrix was firing was actually real (obviously firing blanks) and not just a cheap prop
>>
"prop guns" fall under different categories for firearms
>>
>>35183839
sauce to the paragraph in the NFA?
>>
File: australia.png (164KB, 901x819px) Image search: [Google]
australia.png
164KB, 901x819px
>>35183826
>>
the rules only apply for the common folk
>>
File: blanks.png (124KB, 1872x715px) Image search: [Google]
blanks.png
124KB, 1872x715px
>>35183826

do you even google bro
>>
>>35183858
what about blank-firing firearms within use of film?
>>35183859
there has been a couple of Australian produced films as well that used full auto firearms like The Rover, Tomorrow When The War Began (dont watch it. its shit) and Son of a Gun (awesome heist movie)
>>
File: down syndrome abo.jpg (56KB, 538x718px) Image search: [Google]
down syndrome abo.jpg
56KB, 538x718px
>>35183869
well fuck me. thanks anon, here have a abo with down syndrome
>>
>>35183870

Yes, and obviously there have been plenty of California-produced films with the same.

They get special commercial licenses.
>>
File: blank uzi.png (103KB, 1155x724px) Image search: [Google]
blank uzi.png
103KB, 1155x724px
>>35183879

https://www.blank-guns-depot.com/blank-firing-guns-store/catalog/Fully-Automatic-Blank-Firing-Guns-p-1-c-407.html

i own a few blank guns, get the front firing ones, otherwise the "muzzle flash" leaves through the ejection port
>>
File: knowing.jpg (40KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
knowing.jpg
40KB, 382x597px
>>35183826
>today /k/ teaches OP that movies are allowed to use blank-firing guns.
>>
>>35183826
Also money solves a lot of problems.
>>
The M136 firing in the matrix was NOT firing blanks. It did indeed cycle spent cartridges, but did not fire anything, even blanks. They fed reloading brass through the electrical cyclic system.

t. Production coordinator who has handled every AA12 ever made
>>
>>35183839
>"prop guns" fall under different categories for firearms

Prop guns are actually latex casts.
>>
>>35186228
They're actually solid rubber, which boggles my mind.
>here's your 24lbs M4 Mrs. Jolie
>>
>>35186248
>They're actually solid rubber, which boggles my mind.>here's your 24lbs M4 Mrs. Jolie

I'll take your word for it, I only know this from looking a sites that sell movie props and being eternally disappointed that they are all rubber guns always.. Although I read IMA supplied a thousand or so full autos for private ryan.
>>
>>35186294
It was no where near that number, more like 100, and I cannot 100% confirm this, but I've heard most of the weapons on set were not capable of clambering a live round. However there were fully functional MG34/MG42s and MP40s on set.
>>
Resin molds. There is a reason for this. Let's say the hero is issued with a revolver. Special grips and so on. The original may well have been hand built from a real gun, on which details have been added to make a unique looking weapon. That gun is now going to be used in dozens of scenes, many of which are going to be used by standins. The gun will be thrown around, dropped to the floor on purpose and by accident. If it breaks or vanishes between takes, all hell is loose because of an hour of scenes already made. So once the original is ready there are a number of copies made and the original is put in the safe in case more copies need to be made.
>>
>>35183826
movie studios usually get a waiver and are allowed to have them for shooting movies and such.
>>
>>35183850
>NFA
>australia
>>
>>35189057
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Agreement
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.