[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MARSOC vs SEALs vs Green Berets vs Rangers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: marsoc.jpg (165KB, 960x354px) Image search: [Google]
marsoc.jpg
165KB, 960x354px
how does /k/ feel MARSOC stacks up against the other SOF?
>>
>>35181807
It doesn't matter. It's all fucking stupid.
>>
>>35181807
why does marsoc even exist...
>>
Oh look, it's a "MY DAD's SOF IS BETTER THAN YOUR DAD's" thread.
>>
>>35181865
that's what im asking
>>
Raiders have uniform nazis and rhetoric spewing Wal-Mart greeters within their ranks who've never gone to selection. While there are a ton of great guys in the community, it's plagued with the inherent cancer of the Marine Corps leadership who cares more about a man's understanding of the nomenclature and history of a sword than his ability to coordinate close air support.

Green berets primary mission is babysitting sand niggers.

Seals get the DA missions and budget.

Seals win.
>>
>>35181807
>how does /k/ feel MARSOC stacks up against the other SOF?
I don't feel anything. About everything.
>>
>>35181969
the absolute only reason i dont wanna go seals and was considering Recon (and eventually MARSOC) is because if i drop out, at least im in marine infantry and not on a ship cleaning up garbage for 4 years.

im fully aware how hard selection is so i dont mean to act like im definitely going to go SOF or anything but i at least want to try my ass off and give it a shot.

was considering either Marine Recon or SEALs
>>
>>35181995
>failure expecting mindset

You won't make it.
>>
>>35181995

If you fail buds you can go be a corpsman and go the sarc route and be in an MSOT in two years. Fastest you'll get into an MSOT in the Marines is 5 years
>>
>>35182092
was scared of phrasing it that way too because of that reaction. i get what you mean. ive been dead set on this for like 6 months now and have been basically torturing myself to prepare. im going to fucking do it

but saying that on this board, i felt like that woulda brought more shit than acting more humble. idfk dude.

any advice would be great though
>>
>>35181969
Seals and rangers. SF cif also does DA though
>>
>>35182111
assuming i dont ring the bell, which i wont, but i cant pass physically for whatever reason, do i still have to wait 2 years before retrying?

also, before actually trying out for BUD/s but while you're in the pipeline, do they immediately assume everyone is a fantastic swimmer or do they teach you from scratch eseentially? because i truly believe i have the mindset to succeed, but if im just going to waste my time because i wasnt on a swim team in high school or something then that seems dumb
>>
>>35182120
>scared
>6 months

You're never going to make it.
>>
>>35182148
Take advance swimming lessons
>>
>>35182135

Yes they do, but their primary mission is FID.

Rangers probably get the coolest infantry mission's, but less autonomy. Anyone wanting to go SOF should do 4 years in a ranger regiment before going to any selection.

There's a reason there's always former Marines going SF and SEAL, but you'll never, ever see the opposite.
>>
>>35182149
>trolling and it isn't even funny
What a waste of time

>>35182120
Keep your nose to the grindstone. Stay humble and don't think about what people on the internet are going to say. How old are you, and how are you training?
>>
>>35182176
>>trolling
lol you have no idea what you're in for
larp
>>
>>35182148

Bud/s is all running. Swimming doesn't matter. Obviously you'll need a minimum of a 9:30 500yd side stroke, but that's really not hard. If you are a runner you're set. All the swims are with fins, which you can learn the technique in bud/s and prep.
>>
>>35182176
im 19. 20 in 2 months.

ive been doing the Marine BRC Prep Guide basically for the last 2 months or so. i still have a ton of work to do but im 6'0" 152ish. i gained 15 pounds in 2 months.
>>
>>35181807
You should be able to max out the pft by now if not then you fucked up
>>
>>35182205
i can
>>
>>35182195
ive been running my whole life basically. i did a half marathon when i was 13, not that that's relevant now.

but yeah running is my strong suit
>>
>>35182197
Good luck buddy. Make sure you elevate your calorie intake to maintain your gains.

Check our the Jocko podcast. The man is brutal and brilliant, and will shed some light on the aspects you may not consider.
>>
>>35181985
Who hurt you anon? :(
>>
>>35181969
>babysitting sandniggers
Is this true? Why is green beret training so long is that's mainly what they'll end up doing?
>>
>>35182214
Alright good once you either fail or pass buds make a thread and let us know about it.
>>
>>35182248
thanks i definitely will!

and one more quick question, you think it's worth going SEAL over Marine Recon or MARSOC? in other words, is there an actual practical difference between them in terms of every day life and missions or is it all fairly similar?
>>
File: giphy-2.gif (3MB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-2.gif
3MB, 640x357px
>>35182148
>assuming i dont ring the bell
>which i wont
>>
>>35182197

Please, do not go recon. It's a dying and irrelevant organization that sat in the sidelines for the past 6 years. If you fall brc you don't become infantry anymore. The Marine Corps took note from the navy and reclassifies DORs to open contract.

The Marine Corps is a joke with a good advertising scheme. So good that the people who are in the organization actually believe they're all elite war fighters. Especially those who are neither.

Go to buds.
>>
>>35182291
Not him bit go for seal m8 marines have less funding and you still have to deal with being a muhreen
>>
>>35182300
thanks a lot! i just gotta tell me Marine recruiter know tomorrow that im not joining anymore. lol
>>
>>35181807
>caring about stupid, irrelevant bullshit
>>
>>35182291
Recon is not SOF and that makes it a completely different animal. That said, you need to do more research and decide for yourself what unit and mission is your speed. I don't know you and can't tell you what to do.

This is a very important decision for you, and you need to do the leg work and educate yourself.
>>
>>35182329
>considering joining marines in the first place
Did you fell for the muhreen meme? Careful with being naive you might be taken advantage of
>>
>>35182334
This OP do your research on the mission sets. By thw way If you just wanna fuck shit up then join rangers they do have a r
>>
>>35182409
>A recon unit
>>
>>35182262
Because that's only one part of their job, but training locals happens to be the most important at the moment.
>>
>>35182300
well you're assuming i had a recon contract. i planned on just volunteering at SOI and enlisting as an 0311
>>
>>35182443
Is that why a lot of them look flabby or is that because of another reason?
>>
File: IMG_4990.gif (4MB, 650x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4990.gif
4MB, 650x732px
>>35181995
Nigga if you went in under a UZ (Recon) contract and fail BRC you're in a world of shit because you get reclassed into another MOS that you wouldn't like, unless of course you volunteer under a UH (03XX) during SOI
>>
>>35182512
>that gif
Fuuark
>>
>>35182512
nah i planned on going UH
>>
>>35182512
Whatthehell
>>
>>35182466
Noticed that too. Bump for interest.
>>
>>35182466
> muh force multiplier
They're not door kickers and tend to be a little older, that might explain why they're not the chadest of chads.
>>
Why aren't rangers allowed to grow facial hair while the other SOF are allowed to?
>>
>>35183105
Because they're professional and aren't really into the hearts and mind bs, their mission isn't to appeal to local sensibilities.
>>
>>35183122
It makes sense for SF but SEALs , marsoc , CCT ect usually have beards
>>
>>35183134

SEALs only have beards because they saw some green hats with 'em and didnt want to be outdone defying regs when their hairstyles no longer make them the unsatest people in the room.
>>
Raiders do Direct Action, Foreign Internal Defense, Special Reconnaissance, etc. The job gets done just like any other branch's SOF.

(If they got into a fight, the one who gets shot dies, AKA everyone)
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.