[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to choose 3 and only 3 guns to own and carry into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: unrest.jpg (45KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
unrest.jpg
45KB, 620x372px
If you had to choose 3 and only 3 guns to own and carry into a catastrophic civil meltdown, what would you carry and why?
I'll post my personal picks in a minute.
>>
Something not too noticable WHEN HIDDEN , the last thing you want to hear ( implying if you can make out anything people are saying ) is them screaming that you have a gun. So a PDW with allot of ammo
>>
Sbr AR-15, Mac-10 with suppressor and 1911 with a light.
>>
>>35176516
No guns here but realistically this would make sense:

>A reliable .223 carabine
>A 9 mm pistol
>A small .22lr rifle

All common rounds, pretty much best for self defense, hunting small and even larger animals.
>>
File: joe.jpg (2KB, 107x125px) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
2KB, 107x125px
>steyr scout rifle in 7mm-08
>MSR 10 in 300 win mag
>FN five seven
>>
>>35176516
Only one acceptable set up senpai
Medium frame handgun in 9mm or 40 capable of CC with effort but directed towards a full size combat arm.
PDW in intermediate cartridge, or better yet overlapping with your side arm. Something compact and ergonomic.
And a big rifle. Something to reach out and tickle a tangos balls at 500 yards.
Any other combination is retarded.
>>
>>35176516
Hmm...
>>35176613
I'd go with something like this. I'm thinking a rifle with a side-folding stock, which the AR-15 can't do. So probably an SBR 7.62x39mm AK or something. Sling it under a coat and try to stay out of sight.
Then a small 9mm pistol as a backup to that. Ideally with a high cap option. A Glock 19 or 26 for instance.
Then a REALLY small backup gun I can hide if I get disarmed. Like an NAA Mini in .22 magnum.
>>
>>35176747
>this
>>
>Folding norinco 84s
>Ithaca 37 Riot(7+1)
>Smith and Wesson model 19

but in reality, i would only carry Ithaca 37 and Model 19. Because i dont have an Norinco 84, carrying two long guns is stupid and because 12 gauge is bountiful.
>>
>>35176762
I just discovered a use for bullpups. I have an airsoft L85 (bite me, can't get a real one) and I was able to sling it under a flecktarn parka. It's a little awkward to deploy and not completely concealed but I reckon it wouldn't be obvious from across a street that I have a rifle.

The flecktarn would probably draw too much attention, but being a bullpup the L85 was able to fit under the coat. A smaller, perhaps slicker one would probably work better.
>>
>SKS
>Og. 1911
>Stoeger 12 Ga. Coach Gun

Find a flaw

>protip you cant
>>
>>35176851
>protip where to fucking start
>>
>>35176851
Reloading your shity sks, that's the flaw.
>>
>>35176516
>FN 5.7 as back up
>Atrax F90MBR with 16" barrel
>MDR in 308
>>
>>35176851
I can find several flaws. Most notably that the two long guns are virtually impossible to conceal. They are also impractical to carry over any substantial distance due to the weight (you'd probably have to pick one or the other in order to move quickly). The 1911, while by far the most suitable of the three is still pretty heavy by pistol standards but can be concealed due to the slim profile.

Firepower is limited. The SKS holds only 10 rounds and isn't very fast to reload unless you're using detachable magazines which add the problem of reliability. The coach gun can be used to great effect, but only 2 shots at a time. It can't be topped off like a pump or semi-auto shotgun can. The 1911 only holds 7 shots, although can be used in conjunction with 10 round magazines.

Certainly if these are the guns you have they would be incredibly useful. You might find yourself behind the technological curve, but could you hold ground with them? Sure, but there's vast room for improvement with readily available alternatives. Could you move inconspicuously? Not really, unless you ditched both long guns and moved with the 1911 only.
>>
>>35176851
Picking the least combat effective versions of certain calibers.
> no better x39 chambered rifles
> no better shotgun options
>>
File: doublerbarreloperation.webm (3MB, 642x370px) Image search: [Google]
doublerbarreloperation.webm
3MB, 642x370px
>>35177033
are you implying you cant kill someone with an sks or double barrel shotgun?
>>
>>35177077
No you turbo autist I'm saying that with ANY gun available. SKS is a shit choice
>>
>>35177077
You can of course, but an AK or a pump-action shotgun would be substantially more combat effective.

Also an AK with a folding stock can be stashed under a coat for bugging out. This might help keep a low profile, reducing the odds of getting into a shootout which does a lot more for keeping you alive than any weapon system can.
>>
>>35176516
I hate to admit it, but
Ar15
Glock 19
Rem 870

3 most common guns in my area. parts are easy to find, and you WILL find them lying about/in the hands of opfor. Ammo is obviously the most common as well.
>>
>20mm Howitzer
>Barrett 82a1
>suitcase nuke
>go big or go home
It's the apocalypse, gotta think big. Why kill 10 raiders in a shootout when you can shell them and disintegrate a city of your choosing, then snipe anything on the planet you need dead. If I need to move I ride the cannon or make a new home in a mountainside.
>>
Browning HighPower, M-4, suppressed 22LR
>>
Op here:
I'd choose a little to no frills AR15 platform, so i could use .223 or 55.6
I would want a Ruger FS9 because I love the one I own, but a 9mm Glock would be smarter because every redneck faggot around here owns mags/accessories for them so parts are everywhere.
Giant machine guns aside, I'd want a scoped 30 06 because deer hunters keep the ammo around en masse and I've hit decently difficult shots with them before.
>>
File: 1495341522599.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1495341522599.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>35177224
this guy's got the right idea.
>>
>>35177077
What movie is this from?
>>
File: Jeep with recoilless rifle.jpg (194KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
Jeep with recoilless rifle.jpg
194KB, 800x484px
This, and two AKs.

A tank or a towed AT gun requires too much of a supply chain to reliably function.

If somebody down the street pissing me off, I'll roll by at two in the morning, pop a HEAT round into their bedroom, and then peel out.

Of course, this requires me to be a third world slumlord, but that's the only way you're going to survive with only three guns.
>>
9mm CZ75
6.5x55 bolt action hunting rifle (local parts and ammo availability)
A vintorez (lightweight, quiet, full retard switch for close range combat. Only to be used during a real clusterfuck)
>>
>>35177566
Why the fuck would you want a HEAT round rather than thermobaric/ frag?

And why not a CG man-portable recoilless rifle with an assortment of ammo instead?
>>
>>35177224
mans got a point
>>
Depends where I'm at.
In most settings an assault rifle, sidearm and shot gun would suffice.

AR15, Remington 870 and m&p shield
>>
>>35176516

Depends. Is it going to be temporary or are we going to forever be living in a world of shit?

TEMPORARY:

Sone kind of ar-10, or SCAR if those have become commonplace by then. Carried anywhere I think things are going to be tough because of other people.

Remington 11-87
Carried when trying to shoot birds or deal with 1 or 2 people after my stuff.

Ruger mk II 22/45 with suppressor
For small problems that don't need someone else's attention, like shooting a squirrel.

FOREVER

18" AR-15, stainless steel barrel, 20 rd mags. Keep this around if and only if it turns out I'm a good fit for whatever pockets of civilized people are left around.

Combination single shot .30-ish rifle and 12ga shotgun, both flintlocks, but built to handle smokeless powder. For dealing with things that aren't people. Not going to carry this around all the time if I can make friends.

CZ-85B
For the sake of having something that can do something no matter what. I may ultimately end up needing a flintlock (that can also handle smokeless powder) revolver for when all the cartridges dry up.
>>
>>35177653
Because this is old as shit milsurp and thermobaric might not be available.

I think the M40 also has heavier projectiles, much better range, and better mounting options.

This being said, you're right that there's probably something newer and better.
>>
>99% not picking a 7.62x51 rifle minimum

It's like you dont want to defeat homemade body armor or soft barriers.

>9mm polymer handgun, or if the option is present, an automatic pdw like an MP5K. A meme glock would be fine.

>12 gage shotgun, if you can get a semi-auto it'd be ideal, A Benelli M4 would be a decent option?
>>
>>35176516
Mark 23 with a can.
S&W 629 Competitor with Aimpoint Pro.
Colt M177E2.
>>
>>35176516
Eastern syrup here, so most likely grandma's wood chopping axe, a spoon, and a hunting rifle until i get something better
>>
>>35177812
>he doesn't use Mk318
>>
>>35176516
I would carry three (3) prepubescent girls from the ages of 15 up to 16 and 17 respectively.
>>
>>35177851
>M177E2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
>>
>>35177879
A 15 year old girl isn't prepubescent.
>>
>>35177172
Imagine getting one of those mini-AKs. goddamn, the ultimate shtf thingamajig
>>
>>35176516
>Roland Special G19
>Sig MCX (dat folding stock while retaining a lot of parts commonality with standard AR's)
>GAP Hospitaller in 6.5-.284
Covers CCW, tactical pistol, combat carbine, and LR precison.

For someone not very well versed in long range shooting, an AR with a carbine upper and spare SPR upper would fulfill much of the same functionality within their capability range.
>>
>>35177885
Hmmm, do i replace her then?
>>
>>35177077
>First level of Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
>>
>>35176516
M2 that's all you need. Hook it up to a pickup and you're in business.
>>
>>35176516
USAS 12 with FRAG 12s
MK 48 with incendiary rounds
MAC 10 with a suppressor
These are the best choices, you can't refute this.
>>
>>35178258
>implying you'd be able to maintenance them in the field.
>>
>>35177077
this is like fucking pubg
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.