[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /k/ overthrow the Combine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: CombineSoldiers.jpg (65KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
CombineSoldiers.jpg
65KB, 500x400px
How would /k/ overthrow the Combine?
>>
>>35170916
We have a HL2 thread up already Gabe.

But fine:

>Portal closed as per HL2:E2
>Go to Borealis to ensure Combine can't get teleportation back
>Fight to ensure the combine don't get infrastructure together to re-open portal
>fight until they collapse, with special focus on their advisors.
>accept transdimensional G-man help, since he clearly works for beings that want to fight the Combine

It's really pretty simple now that their main transport/communication hub is closed. But if that gate opens again, it's all over.
>>
By depleting all of earth's resources and energy before they get here
Not so eager now, are we, space slugs?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
>>35170916
Unfreeze John Wayne
>>
File: 1505233479589.jpg (102KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1505233479589.jpg
102KB, 640x637px
>>35170916
>expecting to beat a multi-dimensional empire whose headquarters is a fucking dyson sphere.
Fuck off innawoods and don't make much of a fuss, if the Combine realise there are rowdy humies undermining their operations they may just show their full strength.
>>
>>35171046
>"Unfreeze John Wayne"
Combine:
>>
File: combine.jpg (139KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
combine.jpg
139KB, 960x768px
>>35170916

Mud is pretty good at stopping combines
>>
>>35170916
Mass produce quick and dirty armaments to supply the militia.
>>35170975
This + get the Black Mesa egg heads to develop a new strain of head crab and send it to the combine homeworld.
Distribute magnusson devices and if the Combine try to reinvade, cause portal storms to knock them outta the air.
>>
>>35170916
Well considering a likely out of shape hungry skeleton mid aged scientist in a hazmat suit pulled it off with random assortment of small arms and random luck I would suggest exactly what we would do if we were fighting as a resistance to an occupying force.
>>
>>35170975
This is something tha always bothered me about HL2's background plot. Nearly all of the enemies you encounter are modified humans or alien/machine hybrids that are weak enough that they can be taken down by a few ordinary people or one exceptional person like gordon. If the teleportation technology was so valuable to the combine, why wouldn't they station some bigger guns there? Surely they have some shit like would seem like magic to us. They're an interdimensional alien empire ffs. Why would they have the equivalent of mall cops and wild fauna protect such a coveted technology?
>>
simple shit, the combine survive in a local universe with no way home except for local dimensional teleporters. All we have to do is Figure out a way to, without them contacting the homeworld, destroy their local teleportation. If that can't teleport personnel and materials off world then they can't call for reinforcements. They don't call if nothing's wrong, so in other words, if we can get to the citadel and say... Destroy the reactor and prevent a super portal from forming, closing the dimensional hole completely, then we can effectively freeze the number of combine assets here on earth. Without an already open hole in dimensions to force open from xen, the combine can't teleport resources here even if they know something's up, and then we can effectively starve out the combine, overwatch, civil protection and all. Essentially they'll be scoured from the planet without a portal.
>>
>>35171095
>what is white forest
>>
>>35171525
>Dr. Gordon Freeman
>age 27
wut? it all takes place in like a week in gordon's time.
>>
File: 1394299636558.jpg (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1394299636558.jpg
288KB, 1920x1080px
>>35171541
the combine is a massive interdimensional empire. earth amounts to nothing more than a muddy backwater in the middle of nowhere that just happens to have a neat tidbit of tech the combine could find useful. the 7 hour war was some scary shit. what the Combine left behind to watch earth was the equivalent of a mall security guard compared to the actual combine military.
>>
>>35171541
It's hard to explain that.

One theory is that the Combine themselves didn't believe the tech actually existed. Imagine if we invaded Iraq in 2003, and an Iraqi scientist swore on his life he was useful because he was on a team that researched engines, and they had a prototype engine so effective that we'd never have to worry about fuel logistics again. Ever. EVER.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy it either. But by luck of the lottery, this PhD bastard is now President of the United States of Iraq, and after 20 years it turns out HE WAS RIGHT. It DID exist. I think that's more or less where the Combine was at; the leadership was skeptical.

Alternatively, the Combine leadership just has a different sense of time. 20 years of Earth dimension time to them may be meaningless. They are cyborgs.

The real reason though, in all likelihood, is Valve couldn't make the aliens work too well, or had trouble coming up with aliens to animate and script, so they gave mostly humanoid foes to simplify game development for the time. If Half life 2 had been made NOW, we'd probably see a very diverse alien force compared to what we got.
>>
The portal to Combine world is already closed. So all you just need is to kill the remanscents and don't let them get near the Bootstrap device.

Combine can travel through dimensions, but not inter-dimensional, which is something that the Humanity could.
>>
File: Smug Combine overwatch.png (364KB, 587x587px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Combine overwatch.png
364KB, 587x587px
>>35171784
No, you got it right but you said it retarded. They could do interdimensional travel, but once they arrived they couldn't be brought back remotely, and had to rely on local transportation from that dimension to get back.
>>
>>35172110
You're half right. The Combine can teleport from Dimension A to Dimension B and back, but cannot teleport from point A to point B, while in Dimension B. That's why they conquered Earth, to get at either Black Mesa, or Aperture's portal tech.
>>
>>35171732
man, imagine if the iranian "space magic" was real. You know their propaganda stuff that says you can fly around the world on no fuel, you can shut down a US destroyer with just a switch, and you can levitate entire cities. And then as soon as you invade all that technology gets lost before its ever seen.

Would any US general believe it to be real? Would any general from anywhere else believe it? Hell no! Just like the combine didn't believe some poor, primitive backwater cracked the hardest problem they'd studied for eons. So of course they'd put their Paul Blarts on the job, because even Paul Blarts need jobs.
>>
>>35172151
Except the resonance cascade proved we had accomplished it, that's what got their attention in the first place. It's just that we proved better at hiding that shit from them than we realized. Though they were on the verge of building their own at Nova Prospekt, I think it was Mosman that said the just couldn't figure out the proper equations to utilize Xen as the intermediary(that's how Black Mesa's teleporters worked).
>>
>>35172192
Actually no it didn't. We had been teleporting around for years before we decided to put some big ass yellow crystal into a beam of something or other which then caused the resonance cascade. Hence, the cascade was an unintended consequence of measuring some yellow crystal, not a consequence of us solving teleportation. Further the resonance cascade where random chunks of space are interchanged in not a helpful teleportation technology.
>>
>>35170916
>fighting the combine
>not enlisting in the Metro Police
I'm not passing up a chance to become part of the R I G H T W I N G D E A T H S Q U A D
>>
>>35170916
Invent assault rifles, since it seems they don't exist in the half life universe
>>
>>35172492
I think that the game originally had like 5 different ARs, but, after the leak they condensed them all into the AR2 and turned the OICW's grenade launcher function into the MP7, just like the MP5 from the first game. I think the console version of the first game replaced the MP5 with an M4, also.
>>
>>35171660
>empire. earth amounts to nothing more than a muddy backwater

That makes things easier. Earth is the Combine's Afghanistan. We just need allies like the Vortigants and the weird guy's species.
>>
We negotiate a better contract with G-Man's employers. The purple vortigaunts can help us.
>>
But who does Gman work for? He's the one that gave them the crystal . Knowing full well what was going to happen. So that means the ones he works for put things in motion.
>>
>>35174437
Rubbidy rub
>>
>>35172310
yeah but if you get a higher rank they cut off your wee wee to fill you with techno-gadgets
>>
AR3s
>>
File: chad virgin transhuman.jpg (100KB, 960x401px) Image search: [Google]
chad virgin transhuman.jpg
100KB, 960x401px
>>35174460
>>
>>35172144
but they already HAD the technology, and according to the canon they invaded only after they'd secured the border world, xen, because they could use it as a cross dimensional gateway to earth, where they could force the portal open and then invade, use the resources to build the teleporter from scratch (the citadel) and then go back whenever.
>>
>>35172192
I think the combine essentially came purely for resources and the chance that they might find some tech.

They seem to have just integrated a lot of stuff they found into their armament.

Like pulse weapons and energy balls. Portal turrets had pulse rounds and their turrets behaved very similarly to the combine ones. The energy balls seem to be straight outta apeture tech. Some other things aperture made seem to be used by the combine. Like how they use a lot of out conventional weapons.

They didn't get much from black mesa
But the problem was that when we had the resonance cascade and linked to xen we put ourselves in harms way. Sure can species got through but the nialanth was fighting the combine. It was only so long before the combine would notice it was dead. With the borderworld linked to ours the combine marched right through. Hell what probably took a while after the war was the combine teleported take a long time to work. Putting Gordon and alyx a week ahead. Imagine one without mossman's work done too it. Thing could take a year to work. It's never said how long the lambda lab one took.

It took kliener 20 some years after black mesa to make a teleported that had no delay.

Aperture in the other hand had a teleported that could rip a hole in the universe. It was quick but it required either a straight shot with a portal gun or a or hardware that existed on location before to make portals.

Of the combine could even get that and build two gate's they could get a link back to their homeworld. Only problem is how do they get that back.
>>
File: IMG_5059.png (30KB, 170x167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5059.png
30KB, 170x167px
With this
>>
>>35175775
I said pick up the can, not open it
>>
kill the slugs
>>
>>35173405
G-man is theorized to be another nihlanth.
Hl1 refers this somewhat when on xen cause the nihlanth refers to someone waiting for Gordon and that the one waiting is "not man"

Also nihlanth literally translates into "not man"
>>
>>35170916
Have a quick SFM someone made about the Seven Hour War.

First scene is why you don't want them coming back. And the scene with Snackbars fighting alongside MOPP suited US troops gave me a chuckle.

https://youtu.be/Q2HfxXAS4rQ
>>
Spray paint dicks. Everywhere.
>>
>>35171541
I think the truly non-human stuff we see like Striders and Gunships are the combine combat equivalent of trained dogs. They must have some absurdly strong military capability when they put their mind to it to subdue a whole planet in a day.
>>
>>35175911
But the combine will just remove them and not have the context to be demoralized.
>>
>>35172310
>right wing deathsquad
>Literally dedicated to keeping all of humanity cucked
>Literally killing anyone who refuses to be a beta male.
Pick fucking one and think REAL HARD on why the combine get overthrown.
>>
>>35175863
God, the quality of the cinematography is so inconsistent. It goes from extremely amateurish to cool then back again constantly.
>>
>>35175969
Agreed, the thing with the planes looks like it was animated in Gmod, And the map it is on actually is a gmod map. Made by a couple different dudes though, so it was going to be inconsistent.
>>
>>35172310
As AESTHETIC As they are, Being cucked and eating paste is not Rightwing at all.

Granted, Stealing the Aesthetics of the Metro Cops is a good idea.
>>
The Combine invaded how Alien invasions would in real life.
>open portal
>WMD's EVERYTHING
>Sends surrender offer
Humanity can destroy itself under 7 hours so the Combine would have no problem.
>>
>>35176110
>Humanity can destroy itself under 7 hours
Absolutely not. Not even if every nuke in the world was detonated at once.

The only thing that can really fuck the whole planet would be a tailor-made genetically manipulated mycovirus. You know how mold spores are literally everywhere? Imagine if they all carried nerve poison or a virus that eats chlorophyll.
>>
>>35175836

> G-man is theorized to be another nihalinth

Go back to Game Theory faggot
>>
>>35170916
You can't, they would come back and fuck you up for good.
>>
>>35176315
Or decide that one shithole isn't worth the resources to dsestroy and fuck right off.
...Or literally just open a portal leading to empty space and suck the entire fucking planet's atmosphere out.
>>
File: combine pepe.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
combine pepe.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
>>35170916

Who said anything about overthrowing?
>>
>>35171334
Kek just take your (you) you clever bastard
>>
>>35170916
Why would I overthrow them?
Their uniforms make my penis hard.
>>
>>35172310
>species traitor
>murderer of innocent people
>will get brained by some pasty dude with a crowbar
good to see fascist ""intelligence"" on display
>>
>>35171541
Earth to the Combine is what grandmas attic to you. It's mostly not worth your trouble, but you might find something cool there.
We're talking about an empire that has constructed a Dyson sphere, doubt they'd use even as much as 10% of their forces on puny little Earth.
>>
>>35176986
>Dyson sphere
>even 10%

More like even .000001%.
>>
>>35176160
>Humanity couldn't destroy itself in 7 hours
LOL
Nukes could easily kill billions within 7 hours. Could humans in more remote areas survive? Sure, absolutely. Could you annihilate our current civilization? Easy.
>>
>>35176719
people who don't want the police knocking on their door to force them to be beta males and take estrogen injections. OH, and people who don't want themselves and literally their entire species to be cucked.
>>
File: Pick up that can.jpg (39KB, 350x397px) Image search: [Google]
Pick up that can.jpg
39KB, 350x397px
>>35177741

>implying the Combine aren't offering us literal transcendence

WHY WON'T YOU ACCEPT YOUR PLACE IN THE GLORIOUS UNIVERSAL UNION YOU FAG?
>>
>>35170916
I would try to use the Borealis to throw their military on G-man's homeworld.
>>
>>35175775
>the most deadly weapon
>>
>>35175941
The problem with fascists is that they think their oppression will eventually be justified.
>>
>>35170916

>how can we overthrow the combine
>can't even overthrow the Jews

LOL
>>
>>35179724

The problems with idiots today, is that they can't differentiate between white alpha males, and fascism.
>>
>>35170916
Great game
>>
I wish they had made the while hazardous environment thing more prevalent.

Whats the closest thing the us military has to some kind of HAZOPS hazardous environment operators combined with rescue workers.
>>
>>35172310
Pretty sure they cut part of your brain out for that
>>
>>35170916
Release HL3

/thread
>>
File: Haruhi waifu.jpg (55KB, 529x599px) Image search: [Google]
Haruhi waifu.jpg
55KB, 529x599px
>>35179724
the combine aren't fascists. They're exterminationists. They occupy the world they attack and then exterminate the populace. This can be seen throughout multiple acts of genocide visible throughout the game. You can apply your whatever to Hitler, but at the end of the day whether the holocaust happened or not has no bearing on my policy, nor will continual invocation of it, regardless of any stance on its accuracy, be allowed to prohibit me from seeking my own self interests. In the Half life universe, my own interest would be ANTI Combine FOR breeding and the survival of my own race, and humanity in general as a species.

>>35178096
>implying they are.
They literally had doctor Breen administrating the downfall of humanity for twenty some odd years in pursuit of that transcendence of humanity. And here you are, stupid enough to believe that they WOULDN'T just keep the suppression field up for another 15-20 years until all the women in the world were rendered infertile by menopause and humanity went extinct. Only you would take that chance, because as fun as beating the shit out of beta males would be, I don't think it would be fun if literally >95% of the population were beta males. They were LITERALLY dangling a nebulous concept and a pretty word in front of your face to misdirect you until you couldn't have human children anymore.

>>35179739
>Mfw combine are overthrown by the eternal jew
>MFW combine are from zog homeworld to check up on their progress
>MFW combine were here to show zog how it's done.
kek. The combine are the REAL zog.
>>
>>35180237
>>35179739

The Combine make any ZOG conspiracies look like childs play.

>>35179782
I think metrocops dont get enhancements, just extra rations and better living standards. If you want to advance beyond that though, it's augmentation town.
>>
>>35175863
>Gbu in air to air mode
Fund it
>>
>>35175863
>3:40

YOU'RE NOT FIGHTING LIKE TR
>>
>>35171525
>Hazmat Suit
>The HEV suit literally injected morphine and adrenaline in its user which turned a sciencemen into a killing machine.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.