[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does S&W want to push this meme so fucking much? I swear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Why does S&W want to push this meme so fucking much? I swear if they stopped with this shit, the gun would be automatically TOP 5, no questions about it.
>>
>>35170328
they do anything else they get sued by glock or some other company for stealing a good trigger design
>>
>>35170381
Ruger American Pistol has a bladed trigger, so does the LCP.

???
>>
>>35170381
This. Glock was hard as fuck on S&W when they entered the poly striker market, trying to find anything they could sue for.

I'll add that the M&P line is #1 for me with an Apex trigger upgrade.
>>
File: 1505016287597.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1505016287597.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>get m&p
>plastic weld glock trigger on it
>???
>>
>>35170415
U have any idea if the gen 5 is really that much better than a gen 4 to justify a purchase
>>
>>35170438
Trigger reset is a ton better. Ambi slide catch is meh. Lack of finger grooves is nice.

If I already had a gen4 (I don't) I would not consider buying a gen5 unless I could get 90%+ of what I paid for the gen4 back out of it.
>>
File: 1483641609844.png (405KB, 657x624px) Image search: [Google]
1483641609844.png
405KB, 657x624px
>>35170438
mfw I'm still enjoying my gen 2
>>
>>35170532
Its a completely first gun purchase cause ive just been renting from the range. So i think it would be a good idea?
>>
>>35170584
Eh. There's things that are a step up over the gen4 (factory trigger reset), there's things that are a total wash unless you're a damn dirty southpaw (ambi slide stop), and there's things that I outright dislike (all models have a significantly extended, pointy and kinda sharp beavertail--something that should be restricted to fullsize and competition models as they make carry a bitch).

Honestly since I'd swap all or most of the trigger components ANYWAY and that's the only seriously significant upgrade over the gen4, I'd be looking to pick up a cheap lightly-used gen4 as all the tactitards bail on them for gen5's.
>>
>>35170415
>Apex trigger upgrade.
break is better, reset still sucks a fat one
>>
>>35170649
Ah okay yeah i am on sort of a budget is why im going for a glock. But yeah that sounds right how gen 4s will flood the market. I was looking at it (gen4) the downside might be the trigger grooves, i need to practice more but most people seem to hate them. Im a noob, but if i were to get a gen4 what would u replace the trigger with. And is it doable by myself?
>>
>>35170381
>they do anything else they get sued by glock
Glock has no patents, so they can't.
>>
>>35170836
tell that to a lawyer
>>
>>35170848
Whose?
>>
>>35170805
I have no particular issues with the finger grooves, so that's not a concern for me. Some people's hands don't line up with them, which can be uncomfortable.

I would put a Ghost 3.5lb connector in and that's about it.
>>
>>35170913
Thanks, do u recommend any attachments or if i should really get another mag or two?
>>
>>35170775
I had one with an APEX competition full kit and it's reset was perfectly fine and comparable to almost any other gun. Glocks almost have too forceful of a reset. Barrel on mine sucked ass, so I sold it. There were known accuracy issues with early M&P's. Mine shot like 4-5 inch groups at 25ft in a vice. I wasn't going to drop another $200 dollars or so into that money pit of a gun.
>>
>>35171027
Get a couple spare mags and a bunch of practice ammo.
>>
>>35170416
confused boner.jpg
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.