[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jackets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5043.jpg (143KB, 1078x1554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5043.jpg
143KB, 1078x1554px
I know it's not really /k/ related, but I like /k/s opinions on apparel.

Winter is coming and I'm in the market for a warm, durable jacket. I live in Wisconsin, so winters can get pretty brutal.

What do you guys like to wear?
>>
File: car coat.jpg (356KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
car coat.jpg
356KB, 2000x2000px
>>35169953
My black wool car coat is my favorite everyday winter coat, but probably not warm enough for Wisconsin winters.
>>
File: 15054410281471326058066.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
15054410281471326058066.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Ww2 repro german parka. Very very warm, reversable fall and winter sides (you can see the white in the hood) i bought mine used 60 dollars. I wear it hunting
>>
>>35169953
A modern hooded jacket insulated with either 800+ FP goose down or Primaloft.

That way I don't look like a turbo autist 24/7 and it's lighter and warmer than any wool coat ever made.
>>
>>35169953

My best winter jacket at the moment:
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-tst-m05-cold-weather-parka-black/53409
>>
>>35170212
This man speaks the truth, listen to him.
>>
File: J130211.jpg (216KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
J130211.jpg
216KB, 1200x1199px
>>35169953
>market for a warm, durable jacket
>live in Wisconsin
How the hell do you live in the midwest and not have a carhartt? Yeah fudds and retarded rednecks wear them, but they are warm, especially when you layer, and as far as durable goes they are hard to beat. They aren't exactly stylish but function > form. Unless trashy 'country' girls are your thing

They have great pockets. I carry my revolver in one of the breast pockets in the winter and it fits snug and secure. They also have varying levels of insulation and different types of lining

>but muh shit brown
They come in lots of colors these days
>>
Real winter coats are great for warmth, real wool is great for being comfy (although it is far heavier than down stuffing). Sadly you'll not find either without paying out your ass, so you're probably best off going for some robust puffer and be done with it.
>>
File: Army_Tanker.jpg (237KB, 600x667px) Image search: [Google]
Army_Tanker.jpg
237KB, 600x667px
>>35170155
A friend of mine has bought one when he was in germany - although white and plain feldgrau. Was a bit pricey but he bought it from a high quality store for reenactors. Its more than enough for Idaho panhandle winters, they sold it as "built to original specs" and I believe its true. Already tried to get the same but they dont ship outside yurop.

@OP: Get the US tanker jacket (i personally like the first pattern). its warm, comfy, still military but doesnt look overly autistic because its close to >>35173534
>>
Black biker-style leather jacket all year round except summer. Its great for wind, rain and snow and layering is what really keeps you warm, nothing beats a proper woolen sweater under it.
>>
>>35173690
At the front makes one with fleece lining too.
>>
>>35173710
Didnt they originally come with some sort of fleece lining?
>>
>>35173715
Original ones have wool fabric lining (sometimes a voluminous wool fabric is also called fleece, but that's not really right). ATF makes one with polyester polar fleece, which is more durable and easier to wash.
>>
>>35173534
OP here, I was thinking of getting one, but they have so many different kinds, which jacket in particular should I get?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.