[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biggest shills and sellouts on Youtube?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 17

File: 1477829940433.jpg (259KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477829940433.jpg
259KB, 1280x720px
It has to be this DemolitionRanch guy... right? He just made a 20 min infomercial for CMMG and didn't even have balls to admit he got the guns for free. Didn't even mark the video as a paid promotion. He went even further and made up a skit about not telling his wife... implying he actually paid for these shit CMMG guns Zero fucking integrity.

Who else on YT is a shill and should be exposed?
>>
>>35165535

Why do you care? Why does it bother you that youtubers can make money off of what they do?
>>
>>35165563
>Why do you care? Why does it bother you that youtubers can make money off of what they do?
Because they're breaking the law and lying to people.
>>
>>35165535
demoranch has always been a shill dude. the only thing he doesn't shill is his vet channel. how do you fucks think he got his light fifty and the win mag ar10? how do you think he got to ride shotgun in last years baja 1000? the dude has a hell of a lot of viewers. companies are going to pay big bucks for him to show off their shit.
>>
>>35165608
I don't care that he gets free shit. Thing that pisses me off is when he doesn't disclose it or straight up lies about it.
He's a fucking money-grabbing lowlife.
>>
>>35165673
i dont understand how after making that judgement you dont just stop watching, like nigga just walk away, close your eyes.
>>
>>35165535
It gets to a point with any notable YouTube channel of every genre that they start shilling. The biggest variable is how expensive it is to run. To run a gun channel you need a lot of money and with YouTube demonetizing ads for guns, the probability of shilling just skyrockets.

Also there are multiple types of different degrees of shilling:
>Acknowledging them as a sponsor
Hickok with Federal/Buds
>Pimping out your own stuff
IV8888 with his mancans
>Consistently wearing a companies logo
Jerry Miculek with S&W
>Constently pimping a company and their products
IV8888 again with underwood ammo, Forgotten weapons with both James Julia and Rock Island Auction
>Running what effectively is an infomercial for a product
InRange with half of their recent content.

I personally don't mind some kinds of shilling, especially when it is obvious they are doing it for money to run the channel but it does annoy me when they try to claim impartiality.

>>35165608
I think he also came from money. He has had some expensive guns way back before his channel became a big hit. I admit a lot of his newer guns are most likely give-outs though.
>>
>>35165747
his dad is a vet as well so i guess he came from about as much money as a vet is expected to make in the boerne area which is a quite expensive area of south texas to live.
>>
>>35165673

What pisses me off is people like you. YT demonetizes gun channels, so the channel operators have to get funding from somewhere else to keep the channel alive.

On top of all that the channel operator has to appeal to all audiences and that usually means doing, dumb dangerous shit for views or just giving the world access to your family life 24/7. Sure that just comes with the job, but it's viewers like you who turn the screws, you always want more. How do we get more in the real world? We use money.

You want change take it up with YT
>>
File: 1503289045535.jpg (38KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1503289045535.jpg
38KB, 480x465px
WAAAAAH, THIS GUY GOT OFFERED FREE GUNS AND FILMED IT. CAN YOU BELIEVE HE ACCEPTED???. WAAAAAAHHHHH WHY DOES HE GET FREE STUFF AND PAID FOR HIS TIME THAT'S WORTH FAR MORE THAN MY OWN?? WAAAAAAHHHH, WHO CARES THAT HE HAS A WIFE AND THREE KIDS TO PROVIDE FOR, HES RICH ENOUGH, WAAAAAH
Fuck off, millennial.
>>
>>35165747
>Hickok
he now even shills NRA and but never mentions he gets kickbacks.
>>
>>35165747
>Jerry Miculek with S&W
>>Constently pimping a company and their products
I like his channel. Most the time when he pulls out a S&W pistol he flat out tells you it's one he won in a competition.
>>
>>35165787

point is that he's lying about it, grandpa. your brain is dying of old age and doesn't work well anymore.
go to bed.
>>
>>35165788
don't forget about the sonoran desert institute
>>
File: baitkakke.png (98KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
baitkakke.png
98KB, 625x626px
>>35165535
>>
>>35165814
Right on. Damn that's sad what all these people have become. Money ruins everything.
>>
>>35165806

>Lying to YOU

Oh fucking no. Poor old you, really hard done by since YT changed. I mean, you get the content for free. You should be paying for it right? Then you have your say.
>>
>>35165535
Pretty much every youtuber, except for Colion Noir, is a shill one way or another.
>>
>>35165830
It's illegal.

http://adage.com/article/digital/ftc-cracking-social-influencers-labeling-promotions/305345/

What's next, you'll defend armed robbers and boiler room operations because it doesn't happen to you? You're a piece of shit of a man.
>>
>>35165782
Kinda my point. I think his parents paid for him to go to school, so he had play money right away when he got out.

>>35165788
I stopped watching his videos awhile ago so this is news to me.

>>35165797
I like Jerry's videos too. As a bonus, he is never pimping out S&W, but it is obvious they pay him to wear their logo.

>>35165847
>Colion Noir
*cough* NRA *cough* *cough*
>>
>>35165747

Miculek works for S&W in some capacity, though, you should 100% expect him to wear their logos and shoot with their guns. He's not a shill, he's an employee
>>
>>35165847
so you're saying his videos with a salient glock and the maxim 9 weren't shilling?
>>
>>35165588
By shooting guns they're shilling?
>>
Yeah I'm starting to not like Matt.

At least Hickok always tells us who got him stuff.
>>
>>35165860

Oh no... It's illegal!

You ever driven too fast or know someone who has? Done all your taxes properly? I bet your all above board and have never done anything illegal right?
>>
There's guys who get payed to play video games. Those play along videos. And this is what you choose to be upset about? You're not a /k/ommando then.

Don't hate him, hate the viewers. Aka don't hate the player, hate the game. Always considered demo ranch a poor man's taofledermaus anyways.
>>
>>35165588
You clearly don't understand the law there is nothing illegal about that. Besides demo ranch got hit hard by YouTube's demonetizing gun channels, so I get it, who cares?
>>
>>35165588
No laws are getting broken
>>
>>35165563
I agree that they have the right to make whatever video they want, but posting a "review" of something you are being paid to review is different than reviewing something you spent your own money on it, and it is dishonest to lie about being paid or not. I would trust a review more if the reviewer bought it himself and he intended to use it himself
>>
>>35165673
>>35165783
I don't know about in this case, but in many cases where he gets free stuff he talks about it and says so on his vlog channel OffTheRanch and not on demo ranch.
>>
>>35165747
InRange is the most innocent channel out there
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (52KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
52KB, 504x470px
>>35165806

>Durr hurr I'm a wrong high schooler but being 35 is old, durrrrrr yer old and u made a typo

Fucking lmao. Why are you being such a victim? Does everyone lie TO YOU on YouTube? Are you a paranoid schiz?

What's next? Is everyone on a deep sea hopscotch spelunking image board lying to you too?
>>
>>35165867
He doesn't work for them, S&W sponsors him in competitive shooting
>>
>>35165957
>Faxon
>HMG
>>
>>35165535
>Implying everyone here wouldn't make videos shooting shit for free guns and cases of free ammo
>>
>>35165967
>S&W sponsors him
so an employee...
>>
>>35165787
These kids are being butthurt about nothing. But, I'm 32. If you're 35 by technical definition we are millinial, it's people born after 1980. Just call him an underage, or kiddo. Don't fall for those stupid generation definitions.
>>
File: 1497157050643.jpg (187KB, 1059x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1497157050643.jpg
187KB, 1059x1271px
>>35165927
>You clearly don't understand the law there is nothing illegal about that
Retard pls.
>>
>>35165788
He did mention that he gets referralbux from the NRA in the beginning.
>>
File: 1504387410010.jpg (67KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
1504387410010.jpg
67KB, 602x709px
>>35166011

Okay lets report them all, every single one. Put em all out of business and YT wins.

>Why does YT win?!

Good question young commando. See YT and google hate that they are pretty much giving away content for free, they hate it. They want a paid for subscription service, like the brits TV license. If we turn the screws on content creators and make life hard for them, cut off their money they are going to have to suck YT dick to survive and that will come in the form of a subscription service.

But the 16 to 21 age group doesn't quite understand this, it's your age group that's breaking YT. But you've being hard done by, you've being LIED to! Oh no, anyone who's grown up over the last 30 odd years has being lied to over some much bigger shit.

But no, a channel on YT, some dude and his guns, has lied to you. Mislead you down the evil path. Let's ignore the bigger picture for now.

>I posted a funny picture to grab your attention because I know your age group suffers with its attention problems.
>>
>>35165747
Showing the logo of the auction house that lets him film all their rare shit for free is shilling now? Holy shit fuck off.
>>
>>35165535
No he's cool. He's a veterinarian who runs Vet Ranch (look them up on Youtube) and he saves all kinds of pets for donations from viewers. A OK with me.
>>
>>35165673
you sound mad and dumb
>>
>>35165747
>Running what effectively is an infomercial for a product

Nigga that's literally 90% of gun videos. Outside of historical exposition or actual science (not just "shooting AR500/tannerite with [insert large-caliber round]"), everything else is an advertisement for a product. The only difference is that some acknowledge that fact, and others don't.
>>
>>35165926
Now that you bring it up it is really fucked up that some streamers/players end up making more money playing a game than the game developers do.
>>
File: matt.jpg (216KB, 1487x576px) Image search: [Google]
matt.jpg
216KB, 1487x576px
>>35165535
I've come to dislike Matt as well, but it's because of the general tone of his channel. He's really gone over to the clickbait "mainstream youtuber" bullshit lately and now I feel like I'm watching Casey Niestat or whatever when I see his videos.

Also, what the fuck Google, I just opened Youtube this is what I saw on my front page. There's no fucking way this is a concidence.
>>
>>35165535
>shoots 7 different guns, only 2 from cmmg
>19 minute video, roughly 3 and a half mins of which is talking about the cmmg guns, the rest is about other guns or the accessories on the cmmg's or gun laws
>wife jokes are an ongoing theme, he does it for everything (guns, cars, travels, remodeling the "yard", accidents etc)

Sure is a case of sour grapes here. Calling it a 20 min infomercial is absolute nonsense, he barely discloses anything about the cmmg guns other than "This is an AR that takes glock mags and shoots .45 acp, this is a pistol that shoots 7.62x39", I'm trying to find out more about them but their fucking website isn't even working.

The fact that you bring up the "wife skit" as an implication that he didn't pay for them just goes to show that you don't watch any of the ranch channels at all, since he does that all the time, and that you just stumbled on this video and you're now mad as fuck because you either a) will never have an audience so big people (potentially) give you free stuff or b) actually want a cmmg gun but can't afford it because you're a poorfag/live in the wrong country.

He's owns and shoots cool guns. He shoots cool stuff with them. He brings you this as free content on youtube. I don't know why you have such a big stick up your ass about whether he got the guns for free or not, are you actually that insecure about your own mental capacity that you think you'll somehow be indoctrinated by a dude shooting a gun and go off to buy said weapon?

Some fucking people, jesus christ
>>
>>35165535
isn't reviewing the gun. Is just dicking around and shooting it.

>OMGGG SHILL ALERT!!
>>
>>35165997
No, he's not on the factory team.
>>
>>35165588
>t. britfag
land of the free faggot. Demoranch is basically one tier below fpsrussia in terms of normie-ness.
People watch him for entertainment, not content.

Fuck off.
>>
>>35167142
>People watch him for entertainment, not content.
Fucking this.
>>
People that scream shill about every gun channel are one step away from accusing everyone of gangstalking and rambling about everyone being out to get you.

Seek help OP.
>>
File: Untitled.png (825KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
825KB, 1280x932px
>>35167123
>No, he's not on the factory team.
>>
>>35165872
The man likes what he likes.
>>
>>35167303
Find me one auto review channel that isn't a shill or saudi prince.
Don't try to make a tech comparison, secondhand recuperation with nmib is much much more forgiving than guns or cars.
>>
>>35166416
Cucks constantly need to find something to be upset about.
>>
>>35167123
BTFO
>>
>>35167491
Do you even know how the real world works? Sincerely, your naivete is incredible even for /k/.
>>
>>35167661
Yes I am aware that reviewer samples for products get circulated by companies, but the discussion is about non-shills.
Yes, tech companies send/give out products to reviewers, but nothing stops the reviewer from buying one themselves and then making most of their initial purchase back with a secondary sale.
>>
Who cares
I just want to watch some gun videos.
Fuck's sake

If you care that much about youtubers lying about some products just use some critical thinking or common sense, it's not fucking hard
>>
>>35165535
>being this assmad about some Texan dicking around with guns on his land
He doesnt even review guns, he just shoots them at things shows the results/ vlogs his day
>>
>>35167756
>but nothing stops the reviewer from buying one themselves and then making most of their initial purchase back with a secondary sale.

Apart from, you know, not making all of their initial purchase back and the fact that they can get review copies for free.
>>
File: 1491774799120.jpg (41KB, 600x368px) Image search: [Google]
1491774799120.jpg
41KB, 600x368px
>>35165747
>Consistently wearing a companies logo
>Jerry Miculek with S&W

Gee, I don't fucking know. MAYBE HE'S FUCKING SPONSORED BY THEM?

Maybe they pay him for the fucking ammo he is grateful to be provided with? Ruh roh, Robbie Leatham is a fucking Springfield Armory shills folks! I'm so fucking smart I figured it out all by myself!

Go back to school and get learnt kid. Maybe then, you'll actually know what a shill means.
>>
File: 1494167582685.jpg (57KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494167582685.jpg
57KB, 400x400px
>>35165535
WTF is with all the butthurt about Youtubers owning cool shit?
>>
>>35168005
Edgy faggots, probably communists, who think there are saints out there who do shit day in and day out for no personal gain at all.
>>
>>35167974
>hey give/loan me a few of your new titan variant meme, I want to make a cool build for a video about how sli performance doesn't scale linearly
>no
>>
Anyone who has a regular corporate sponsor on YT ala Hickok or MAC is a shill. The most hilarious part was watching when some of the larger/more popular channels began losing income because of the youtube adsense changes and seeing them all begin to prominently advocate for the NRA at roughly the same time. Telling people to join the NRA is not a bad thing; telling people to join because the NRA is paying you to do so is, however.

I'm divided on some of the other channels that do not have regular corporate sponsors but are obviously taking money/accepting favors to say good things about a particular product or retailer, like InRange. Karl has been a massive shill for Faxon, Varusteleka, HMG, and Hudson, but he's also demonstrated that he is willing to shit on the likes of Colt, Mossberg, and Beretta, sometimes with the company representative still in the camera lens.

What decent channels are there that do not have ANY corporate sponsorship or history of shilling?
>>
>>35168045
What are you implying with this post? That a company won't send you a few thousand dollars worth of hardware so you can talk shit about it? What a massive surprise.
>>
>>35165930
FCC regulations are
>>
>>35168090
>What decent channels are there that do not have ANY corporate sponsorship or history of shilling?

Literally none.

I'm curious, how do you suppose these channels will survive without the sponsorship? Will you be joining the patreon of such a channel if it exists? Somehow I doubt it.

If you think there's a niche in the market here that hasn't been filled, that being a review channel that pays for every item it reviews out of its own pocket and has no affiliations with any company/corporation, then be my guest and start up such a channel.
>>
never got the appeal of this retard
>>
>>35168103
>What are you implying with this post?
A situation where a reviewer will not be given a sample/s to review, and would instead be forced to buy it themselves and then sell it to recuperate most of their purchase. (way more than with firearms or cars)

>That a company won't send you a few thousand dollars worth of hardware so you can talk shit about it? What a massive surprise.
Gosh, I wonder why most firearm/auto reviewers are complete shills who refuse to state negatives/reality.
>>
>>35168090
Nutnfancy is the closest thing you'll find, and he only pimps the gun shop that supplies the guns he tests out.
>>
>>35168090
Oh, and to add to this post: I have less of a problem with Miculek's advocacy for S&W than with some of these other youtubers. While he is obviously on their payroll, he is on their payroll because of his demonstrated ability with their products rather than for some kind of unqualified opinion that has its origins in only money.
>>
>>35165797
Jerry is supported by S&W and they support him in return. He's not obnoxious about it, because he's a competition shooter and it's completely normal for these guys to wear brand gear.
>>
>>35168150
>Gosh, I wonder why most firearm/auto reviewers are complete shills who refuse to state negatives/reality.

Simple. Because that's not a functional business model in the long run.
>>
>>35168141
I find it hard to believe that there are no channels where the person running them actually has a job or trust fund and pays for the things he uses/presents. Does that Lifesizepotato guy have a sponsor? I remember watching a few of his videos, and don't recall seeing any despite having a bunch of expensive and high end firearms.
>>
File: 1504586845578.jpg (18KB, 457x260px) Image search: [Google]
1504586845578.jpg
18KB, 457x260px
>>35165747
Jerry was a fucking legend long before Youtube, and has always rep'd S&W
Ian uses RIA and James D. Julia more than they use him, frankly. Their selection of weird guns works well for his content. He makes his bread and butter more on Patreon now.
>>
>>35165535

Who needs anti-gunners when you've got faggots like OP?

Let's shut down an extremely popular gun channel because it features a gun by a certain manufacturer that he may or not have been given or paid to do.
>>
>>35168090
Mishaco
MrGunsGear
Chris Bartocci
>>
I want poor fags to leave and pol to fuck off with them.
>>
>>35168204
Bartocci is very knowledgeable, and I respect that, but he's exactly the opposite of "youtuber who isn't being corporately sponsored to present a given product in a favorable light." His occupation is being a professional firearms consultant, and he makes his living through evaluation and/or advocacy of firearms he's sent to test. See: how he was one of only a handful of industry insiders who was invited to get a first look at the new Glock.

That being said, he gets a few points in my book for being willing to call out Colt on the Expanse.
>>
>>35168202
is that you Matt? kek
>>
>>35165563
because what made youtube enjoyable in the first place was the lack of complete dog shit ultra corporate media
>>
>>35165608
pretty sure he's just from a very rich family with a trust fund/inheritance/communal property etc. also veterinarian pays pretty well, so if he inherited a house and doesn't have those expenses he'll be pretty well off
>>
>>35168193
Channel looks dead. Guess he ran out of guns. That tends to happen if you don't have sponsorships from companies constantly sending you new models to review.
>>
>>35168393
this, 100%. and fuck this thread
>>
>>35165563
YouTube is not a real job.
>>
>>35166306
Saving pets is a decadent waste of resources.
>>
>>35165588
>YouTube law

Lel wot
>>
>>35168482
Yeah, but his other two channels are pretty good.
>>
>>35165588
>double dubs
wasted on pathetic bait
>>
>>35165747
>Jerry Miculek with S&W
He's officially sponsored by them as a competition shooter you idiot, and was so long before he had a YouTube channel.

>Forgotten weapons with both James Julia and Rock Island Auction
Neither of those make products. They're the two main auction houses that deal with this kind of stuff. It's not like Ian can possibly mislead you on anything regarding them.

>InRange with half of their recent content.
Proofs please. Otherwise you're just hating to be an edgy contrarian.
>>
>>35168452
Neither is giving away my plasma but I still get $300 a month for it. Does that piss you off?
>>
>>35168216
This
>>
>>35168090
>I'm divided on some of the other channels that do not have regular corporate sponsors but are obviously taking money/accepting favors to say good things about a particular product or retailer, like InRange. Karl has been a massive shill for Faxon, Varusteleka, HMG, and Hudson,
You have no evidence for any of this.

>saying good things about a company or their product makes you a shill
I want this meme to die.
>>
>>35168571
He's just british. It is actually a law there that it is illegal to not disclose when something is a paid/sponsored advertisement.
>>
>>35168528
FTC law.
>>
>>35168612
Completely different, plasma has material value. Full time YouTubers are just a product of the completely fabricated success of the technology service economy being propped up by the fed. It pisses me off because in a roundabout way full time YouTubers are just notable welfare gibs; they would never make an income they could survive on in an un-manipulated economy.
>>
>>35168718
>Full time YouTubers are just a product of the completely fabricated success of the technology service economy being propped up by the fed. It pisses me off because in a roundabout way full time YouTubers are just notable welfare gibs; they would never make an income they could survive on in an un-manipulated economy.
This is fucking stupid, and you're an idiot for thinking this. It's the realization of the early dotcom boom "we'll pay for everything with advertising LMAO" principle actually working out for once. Nothing to do with """the fed""".
>>
>>35168714
This is "922(r) applies to private citizens" tier.
>>
>>35168452
In the same way that most of hollywood doesn't have a real job, yes.
(I am not disagreeing with you)

>>35168718
>the technology service economy being propped up by the fed.
nani?

>they would never make an income they could survive on in an un-manipulated economy.
Disagree

>>35168714
???
The FTC can't make laws.
>>
File: J1oUktm.jpg (38KB, 119x300px) Image search: [Google]
J1oUktm.jpg
38KB, 119x300px
>>35165788
Yes he does, he says 'if you wanna support the channel blah blah blah nra'. Hickok is fairly good in terms of moral standing.

>>35166297
>if you wanna own these other cool guns check out x auction house
Yes this is advertising.

>>35166360
The difference between a review and advertisement is a paycheck. This is why disclosure is important.

Why are people so salty about this? Channels on YouTube TV or whatever else, get people to sponsor or pay them to show off thier shit. There's no problems with this, that is capitalism.

HOWEVER the problem is when a channel doesn't disclose that they where given shit for free from a company that they are now showing off. According to the FCC free shit is a form of payment. AND THIS IS A GOOD LAW, ancaps are retards, this protects consumers.

>>35166185
YouTube doesn't win you fucking moron, if the guy just tells you that he got free shit. The only thing that happens is that the person can't LIE about a product because he is getting paid behind closed doors.
>>
>>35168753
Good sheep, pay no attention to the man behind the mirror. Manufacturing is so last century amirite? Worthless blue collar drudgery, here have some lines of credit so you can study to get a good job in the new (((service economy))) and get on the ground floor of these totally real profits.
>>
>>35168772
>The FTC can't make laws.
Congress does and FTC enforces them.

You are somewhat literate, right? Then try to read this:

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking

>>35168770
this does.
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking
>>
>>35168812
I don't understand how you don't get how this works.
>company needs advertising
>shmuck on youtube is making videos
>pay shmuck to make videos
>shmuck makes money
>this somehow has something to do with the government
>>
>>35168867
>https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking
As far as I can tell the only bit that can't be avoided with a good "prove otherwise faggot" or "my opinion had changed" is that companies can't use third parties to commit false advertising by proxy.
>>
File: 1505272336727.jpg (160KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1505272336727.jpg
160KB, 805x1024px
>>35168612
How do I do this?
>>
>>35168939
You go and you get stuck with a 17 gauge needle and you sit watching youtube for an hour. Do this twice a week.
>>
>>35168922
>prove otherwise faggot
can't prove a negative, moron. onus is on him to prove he didn't get that shit for free.
ps: those guns that CMMG makes are the biggest piles of shit ever. even he's not that stupid to waste his money on them.
>>
>>35168989
>can't prove a negative, moron.
Exactly.

>onus is on him to prove he didn't get that shit for free.
Not according to the foundation of the american legal system.
>>
>>35169013
I don't think you understand basic logic.
>>
>>35169056
>you did X
>No I didn't, prove otherwise faggot
>Don't have to. Your guilt was asserted, therefore you are guilty
It doesn't exactly work that way you know.
>>
>>35165982
>>35165957

Latest video is hilarious. Karl repeatedly explains how VTAC didn't sponsor them while essentially selling their product for 20 minutes straight. He's not even lying, his playing-with-toys autism got the better of him and he just wants to demonstrate a new-found thing.
>>
>>35168799
>Why are people so salty about this?

Because you're sperging out over one of the few things that is actually good for the gun community. Who gives a flying fuck if he got the shit he's showing off for free or not, entertaining faggots like Demo Ranch are a gateway for loads of noguns into guns, so all the power to him for doing that.

I ask you again, if you see a cool product in a video, why does it matter if he bought it, built it from scratch or got it for free?

The only way I can see this being anything close to a "problem" is if you see a cool gun and instead of doing some more research on it, say to yourself "No, I won't look further into this, I will simply trust this stranger's word in a video on the internet and buy one of these guns online sight unseen."

If you actually do that then you deserve all the shit that is inevitably coming your way.
>>
>>35165608
>the only thing he doesn't shill is his vet channel.

oh shit, I knew I recognized him from somewhere but I didn't know where. Didn't even know he had a gun channel. I was subbed to the vet channel.

Welp.
>>
>>35169684
tfw fine with gore and viscera, but can't handle lumps, puss, or broken bones
I hate the vet channel.
>>
>>35168939
And get paid? You better have AB+ blood, my boy.
>>
>>35170099
What if I have O-?
>>
>>35170228
Ah, a fellow bleeder. Like me, you give double blood donations. You won't get paid for that though. Your red cells are transferable to anyone, since they lack antigens. Your white cells are not, they have antibodies for A and B cells and would cause minor (but dangerous) hemolysis in a recipient with either or both of those antigens.
>>
I'm surprised and extremely disappointed that there's a lot of posters on /k/ defending shills.
>>
>>35170450
>that movie shows coke product, and they got paid for it. ok.
>I am angry that this work of entertainment and not a review is shilling
C'mon now.
>>
>>35170466
What makes you think that product placement in movies doesn't piss me off? But putting that aside, the movie isn't reviewing and pushing the product to customers, they are merely putting it in their movie.
>>
>>35170504
Have you never seen his videos? Not a single one is a "review", it's just him shooting shit and having fun.
>>
>>35165903
>never done anything illegal right
I know this is hard for you to understand, but not everyone is a nigger like you
>>
>>35170558
And not everyone is a statist niggerfaggot like you.
>>
>>35170555
>Have you never seen his videos?
Of course not, I don't watch shitty jew channels.
>>
>>35170562
Following law != supporting it
>>
>>35170572
So you're commenting and making judgement on something you literally have no knowledge on, okay.
>>
I can honestly understand why OP's angry. Every gun review out there has this lingering nugget of doubt 'was this review paid for? was this person bought off?' both on youtube and on other platforms like thetruthaboutguns. User reviews are okay, and reading the comments on these things is useful, but still. It's gotten to the point where I'd trust fucking /k/ over several other sources.
>>
>>35170603
No, I have more than enough knowledge about the situation to make a comment.
>>
>>35166378
>I've come to dislike Matt as well, but it's because of the general tone of his channel. He's really gone over to the clickbait "mainstream youtuber" bullshit lately and now I feel like I'm watching Casey Niestat or whatever when I see his videos.
This. Right around the time that he did a bunch of videos with this guy Roman or somesuch (I have no fucking clue who he is) he started doing all of these retarded clickbait titles and stupid skits.

I miss the good old days of just simply blowing shit up and shooting at creepy cooter with the can cannon. I'm not even subscribed to him anymore.
>>
>>35170562
>>35165903
>actively breaking a law for your own personal gain
>equal to filing your taxes wrong or go over on the speed limit
Nigger
>>
Wait, OP, why do you think CMMG is a shit? They're supposed to be decent AR makers. Has something changed?
>I don't really stay up to date on the gun industry "who we like now/who we hate"
>>
>>35170708
This guy never heard of the legal term "grey area".
You're obviously not a lawyer, you should stop professing like you have beyond a schoolhouse rock episode understanding of it.

Stick to pretendING to be the most knowledgeable gun encyclopedia in the world. Im just guessing there is an high probability you do this. It is /k/ after all
>>
>>35169361
Do you honestly think it hurts the product or something to say 'thanks to hi point for sending me this problem solver for free'. Are you actually this retarded?

It has nothing to do with whatever you think it has anything to do with. This is just about honesty and good business practices.

Explain why it's bad for a person like demo ranch to preface videos by saying thanks to whatever for sending me shit. Because I can tell you why it's bad for him to not do that.
>>
>>35171509
>Explain why it's bad for a person like demo ranch to preface videos by saying thanks to whatever for sending me shit.
Because he is a channel primarily for normies, and the 5 seconds that it takes to do so will destroy his viewship statistics and earnings.
>>
>>35170691
This. Demo Ranch has changed so much I don't even think it's the same channel
>>
>>35165826
>Money ruins everything.
Oh shutup
>>
>>35165747
>Having a preference and expressing it on the internet equals paid advertisement
>Naming the brand of a part is paid advertising
>wearing brand logos of a fully disclosed sponsor when you're a competition shooter is shilling.
>Naming the location where you are allowed to take a look at rare and unusual firearms is shilling.
This is the baitest thread I've ever seen and it's... genuinely amusing, by the way, buy a Sig Sauer 1911, I'm totally not being paid by sig to advertise, and I didn't get my beretta PX4 .40S&W for free from beretta, so you should go buy one or maybe three or ten today, my salary ain't gonna pay itself!!!!
>>
>>35171667
3 kids, two businesses, and 3 separate YouTube channels will do that to you. Adapt or die.
>>
>>35165535
>ATF already on its way to his vet clinic
>>
>>35168612
How long have you been doing that? I used to regularly whore out my plasma until the place I was at hired a bunch of new staff who routinely fucked up sticking the needle in
>oh sorry anon, let me just move this around a bit
>cue several painful minutes of moving around and re-inserting the needle to find a vein
>fuckit, let's do the other arm
>same shit happens
Happened several times, though I still got paid.
>>
>>35170450
Except virtually every fucking gun channel shills in some fucking capacity because with YT demonitizing ads they need a way to keep their fucking channels afloat.
>>
>>35170668
Except you just admitted that you don't.
>>
>>35169176
So it's impossible that he just happens to like the product? I always ask you faggots for proof, and you never have it. You just have an irrational hatred for Ian and Karl because they're popular and you need to be a contrarian faggot in order to feel superior to everyone else.

Back up your claim or get off your high horse.
>>
>>35169176
he talked about that sling for the last 2 years
>>
>>35168138
Not laws. Not constitutional.
>>
>>35168799
Mc fucking kill yourself pls
>>
>>35165535
So fucking what? If you don't like it, don't watch it.
>>
>>35172894
I honestly think he just likes adjustable two-point slings, especially the one he bought for himself. Karl and Ian are pure.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.jpg (44KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.jpg
44KB, 620x413px
>>35171570
A sentence 'thanks to whoever for sending shit.'
A line of text in the description
Or even a shitty short line under his video added with Ms paint.

That would destroy viewership? Is this real life? Am I already dead? Omae wa mo shindiru?
>>
File: 1503967476349.jpg (99KB, 896x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503967476349.jpg
99KB, 896x960px
>>35173213
You first. Kill yourself or YouTube wins.
>>
>>35173223
t. YouTube commenter
>>
>>35170640
/k/ is the reason we have price gouges, though. Most of you faggots panic buy during the Obummer years.
>>
>>35173326
>Implying YT commenters aren't riddled with accounts LARPing as Jew Goldstein.
>>
>>35173258
This. Karl may be a little autistic and socially awkward (interrupting and not knowing when to shut up and let Ian or someone else talk) but I don't think either of them have bad intentions. He's had that particular sling for ages, and was talking about how much he liked it back when they did the other sling videos like a year ago. Anon is just a salty fuckboi.
>>
He wasn't even reviewing the CMMG, just used it in the vid. Why are your fucking panties in a bunch? He gets tons of free shit all the time anyway if you watch Off the Ranch.

Plus YouTube has demonetized gun vids so I don't see the issue. He's not even really a gun reviewer. I'll admit he can be a bit of a shill but so is every other gun guy on YouTube.
>>
>>35170714
iirc they were involved in that patent-trolling bullshit Mossberg tried to pull with sueing everyone else who was making drop in AR triggers
>>
>>35165535

Fucker makes over 100k a yr, he doesnt really need ppl to give hom free shit.
>>
>>35173501
He does need to disclose when he receives free shit. It's a paid promotion.

I have no issue with him getting free shit at all. But if he is going to review it and get paid for reviewing it, he NEEDS to disclose it.
>>
>>35168452
>not a real job.
If you don't believe something is a "real job" you're not a capitalist.
>>
>>35173545
Everything that is not blue collar is not a real job. Fight me.
>>
>>35173549
Doing payroll for the blue collar workers?
>>
>>35165535
>got the guns for free.
Proof? He has no problems saying he got other stuff for free.
>>
>>35168421
>LSP running out of guns
The channel is dead and im not sure why but im damn sure its not because of sponsership issues. Dudes got money for days, he has one of the only complete mateba collection in the us
>>
>>35173549
>Fight me.
As a blue collar worker I really think this dumb mentality is bringing down the economy and making it harder for blue collar workers to find work. Not everyone is suited for that type of job. "it's not work so you should get payed less" means they have less money to buy blue collar worker services at all for a job to be started, and less to pay to have it finished.
Also stuff I do on the side is real work and I should probably get paid more for it because it distracts from doing my actual job that's actually a vital service.
>>
>>35168812
Wait are you saying that the trend of automation replacing workers that has been going on since the invention of the automatic looms (or arguably specialization in early human settlements) is all a conspiracy to stop people from learning trades?
I'm genuinely confused at how you think reality works and what this grand plan entails.
>>
>>35173535
Do you have any kind of evidence supporting your claim that he got them for free?

If the link to their website in the video description is your so-called evidence, you've clearly never seen the comment section of a video where the uploader didn't do that. The millennials who watch his videos want to be spoonfed this shit, none of them have ever thought of googling "cmmg mutant".
>>
>>35166185
>suffers with its attention problems.
I do this exact same thing too, I cannot tell you how hard this got me dude.

However that's not important, you and >>35166416 >>35167303 >>35167792 >>35169361 >>35168670 are all spot-on with this shit. Especially that last one, it seems less and less people actually know the fucking definition of their favorite word. What retards.

>>35166378
>>35170691
>>35171667
I actually only watch OffTheRanch now, I like seeing videos about his family and what he's doing. It's kind of like we're friends, except I don't have to do anything or talk to anyone. I like that a lot.
>>
>>35165826
>content only exists because people are rewarded for producing content
>Waah money ruins everything

Were you dropped on the head as a child you bernout?
>>
>>35173549
>fight me
Don't need to. You're lower back will give out soon enough and you'll be replaced by a robot.>>35173565
>>
>>35166011
>trying to be the enforcement arm of a toothless government bureaucracy that is attempting to make people bend to their arbitrary will

There is no fraud being committed, no scam by making this content. The bullshit you are spouting is meaningless. And crying "m-muh illegal" is just pathetic. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>35173662
>Do you have any kind of evidence supporting your claim that he got them for free
That's kind of the point, shills are supposed to clearly state freebies and payments. You know he ain't paying for all that shit, yet mysteriously no disclaimer.
>>
>>35173828
>You know he ain't paying for all that shit

No, actually, I don't. You're the one making the claim he is, so the burden of proof lies on you.

I'll wait.
>>
>>35173836
He isn't* not he is.
>>
>>35165747
>>Consistently wearing a companies logo
>Jerry Miculek with S&W
HE'S A FUCKING SPONSORED COMPETITIVE SHOOTER YOU STUPID FUCK WHAT DO YOU EXPECT

Also look up the definition of SHILL, stuff like
>Acknowledging them as a sponsor
>Hickok with Federal/Buds
Does NOT fit the definition
>>
>Not FPSrussia who sold out to Satan to deal the Devil's lettuce
>>
>>35165935
If he was "reviewing" anything during this video it was of some homemade armor someone sent in.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got them for free, but usually when he gets free things he says so. But let's think for a moment... He's got ad revenue coming in from 3 youtube channels each with 1m+ subs, he owns his own veterinarian clinic, and his wife is an engineer. Why is it hard for people to accept this guy might actually just have enough money to buy guns on a whim like this?
>>
>>35165535
22plinkster is a pretty shameless shill and sellout.
>>
>>35165535
Where's your proof? You're making all these claims but not bringin anything other than accusations to the table
>>
>>35165588
Or maybe he actually bought the guns himself and was actually excited about them? Did that thought cross your mind. ffs not everyone on youtube is trying to sell you shit. Calm the fuck down, Stalin.
>>
>>35173549
good thing your job will be replaced by a robot in a few years. plus if everyone is doing blue collar work, who is gonna pay you? your fellow construction worker?
>>
“The twist here is the ASA’s insistence that the commercial nature of the video must be made clear before any consumer engagement. That means that flagging the relationship at some point during the video is not sufficient, which may well make this kind of promotion much less attractive for brand owners.”

>boo hoo it doesn't work as well if people know we are doing it!

>>35176414
>Not FPSrussia who sold out to Satan to deal the Devil's lettuce
He lets you know at the start of the video if its a pain promotion. A good guy really.
>>
>>35165673
This. Not disclosing it is the sign that you're a bad person.
>>
>>35178458
>A good guy really
Congrats on posting bail, Kyle.
>>
File: 1476491659696.jpg (183KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476491659696.jpg
183KB, 1080x1080px
>>35177178
>22plinkster is a pretty shameless shill and sellout.
he bought a new house from Federal and Ruger kickbacks.
>>
File: 1497837431716.jpg (196KB, 935x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1497837431716.jpg
196KB, 935x1117px
This is how you do it. Joerg might be the biggest cuck in Germany but he discloses when he gets shit for free.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.