[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why you google before you do shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: cries in Rhodesian.jpg (94KB, 782x782px) Image search: [Google]
cries in Rhodesian.jpg
94KB, 782x782px
>Get a good deal on an FAL
>Gross, some Bubba painted this thing
>Better bust out the sandpaper and acetone
>Wow so much better
>Find out almost immediately what that paint was after posting
>Cry softly to yourself

This is why you ask somebody or use google before you permanently modify an old gun
>>
>>35164746
>Facebook
>>
It was probably painted on poorly by some Rhodie LARPer.

Now the poor fuck that sanded the black paint off a Crimean War Berdan rifle was really kicking himself.
>>
>>35164772
Details on the rifle? I haven't heard this story.
>>
File: K31.jpg (1MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
K31.jpg
1MB, 3552x2000px
>>35164761
>>35164789
>>35164746
I remember seeing this on Facebook the other day and just shaking my head. It was similar to some guy recently in the Swiss rifle group I am in asking how to drill and tap a K31 not even realizing they make scope mounts that don't damage the rifle.
>>
>>35164789
Happened to a prominent expert who mentioned it on Tales Of The Gun.

Bought it at auction. Had this ugly, but really old black paint on. He cleared it off and when a museum curator he knew found out that guy flipped. Russians would paint their rifles black so they could hide and ambus redcoats. After the war any such rifle would have it's paint stripped off. Ones in the original black paint are always Brit trooper bringbacks.
>>
>>35164789
>>35164815

https://youtu.be/o7B2r6aFIAA?t=600
>>
>>35164789
I think it's some historian like Atwater or someone else who pops up on The History Channel's documentaries, he talks about getting a Berdan and thinking that some moron had covered it in black paint, so he cleaned it all off, only to find that it was standard for the Crimean War to do that.
>>
>>35164746
>fag spraypaints his FAL to look larp like a rhodie with his short shorts and pale skinny arms
>scrape it all off
>press f to pay respects
fuck off
>>
>>35165205

I forgot no FALs or FAL furniture remains extant with real Rhodie camo. It's all fake paint jobs from faggots like yourself.

Carry on
>>
>>35164746
I bought soo much old rhodie FAL shit back the day, especially the 30 round mags. Cleaned all that shit old paint, rust, and dirt off the stuff, sold it off for a mint a couple years later.

Rhodie FAL shit was ridden hard, put away wet, and was generally some of the worst condition crap out there.
>>
>>35165463

Yes, but you and everyone else did that to their Rhodie shit back in the day, and now it's uncommon and valued.

People cutdown Krag rifles and Springfields down into sporters for decades, because it was just cheap surplus shit. Now all that cut down shit is worthless. Not a perfect comparison, at the end of the day the cleaned up Rhodie shit is still mil-spec FAL shit, but you get the idea.
>>
>>35164746
>Find out almost immediately what that paint was after posting
Well what was it
>>
>>35167534
An L1A1 that somebody spraypainted to look like a bush gun. Go to /brg/ for image examples, you'll probably see the same two or three rifles posted several dozen times.
>>
>>35164761
fpbp, op is a faggot
>>
Rhodie FAL camo is ugly as fuck not gonna lie
>>
>>35164746
Holy shit, I know the guy in the post!

That rifle had been sitting in Willies for months, it was/ is a CAI build on a Brazilian receiver.

I couldn't actually tell whether the paint was original or not, but it was a heavy thick enamel like paint, not like a rattle can job.
>>
File: 1426614276593.jpg (74KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1426614276593.jpg
74KB, 640x425px
>>35164772
Man I remember that one. I played DAYZ and listened to the video in the background. I wasn't even in the gun community back then but wow did I feel the pain.
>>
File: fal_rhodesia9.jpg (210KB, 800x691px) Image search: [Google]
fal_rhodesia9.jpg
210KB, 800x691px
>>35165360
Rhodie paint jobs look pretty shit themselves. Like someone squirted out some yesterdays lunch then used a dindus nappy fro to smear it on.
>>
File: 1493385541967.jpg (23KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
1493385541967.jpg
23KB, 640x361px
>>35167708
>ZOMBIE! painted on buttplates
Damn that is some ugly stuff, reminds me of the cringelord green shit.
>>
>>35164815
>>35164827
That was the first thing I thought of when I opened this thread.
>>
>>35165518
>People cutdown Krag rifles and Springfields down into sporters for decades, because it was just cheap surplus shit.
I have one of those. It's a 1915 Norwegian Krag re-barreled to .257 Roberts with a 17" barrel. It's a really fun little gun, but the sights are literally 9" apart and both the front and "rear" sights are so THICC that past about 25 yards you can't see a fucking thing. I've been meaning to get a better front post and a peep that screws into the magazine cutoff but I haven't gotten around to it.
>>
>>35164827
MOE-SEEN NA-GANT
>>
And that paint grew up to be Arnold Einstein

Kill yourself
>>
>>35167534

Rhodesian fairy dust.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.