[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SBR-related questions, need some input

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4135.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4135.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
I'm buying this upper with that QD threaded barrel. I found out today that the barrel length is short enough that a stamp is required, or go the SIG brace route. I also just found out that you can get a stamp under the provisions of a "trust." It involves getting the receiver engraved so that the stamp follows the gun itself. I was going to get as cheap as I could on the lower, but now I'm considering getting a forged version now that I have to commit to one. What does /k/ suggest? Pic related is the upper.
>>
Go with the sig brace unless you really, really, really want to get a real stock and your state allows SBRs and you don't mind waiting a year to assemble your gun and spending another $250-300 for the privilege.
I have an AR pistol in 300 BLK with the Shockwave blade. It's really uncomfortable to shoulder, but, I am also a sissy. I think the SB is probably more comfortable.
Once Silencer Shop gets their barcoded form 1 service going, I'm planning on getting a couple Aero precision ambi lowers and SBRing them. It seems dumb to invest all the money and energy into the absolute cheapest Anderson lowers I have now.
>>
>>35164659
What's the barrel length on that ugly-ass upper? You might be able to get one of those QD muzzle brakes pinned & welded on it to make it legal.
>>
File: dunce peeep.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
dunce peeep.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>35164659
Also...you just committed a felony and posted a pic of you doing it on the internet.
>>
>>35164878
No I did not. That's the owner holding it.
>>
>>35164861
I don't want to pin it.

>>35164851
I wish it was .300BLK but this came across as a price I couldn't refuse.
>>
>>35164956
Uppers are cheap as fuck right now. You're probably making a really bad decision.
>>
Fpbp. Brace it, SB even makes a retractable brace.
>>
>>35164966
Whats a good price for a high end upper with a charging handle
>>
>>35164659
form 1 the lower. once its stamped swap out part to your hearts desire.

>It involves getting the receiver engraved so that the stamp follows the gun itself.

no. use the s/n thats already on the lower. its right there, right under the caliber. mine all say muti.
>>
>>35165325
You can get complete uppers with bcg&ch and actual functional handguards for under $300. The one pictured is stupid. Heavy, useless handguard and no provision for a front site, not to mention the barrel length problems.
>>
does the foam on buffer tubes come off easily?
>>
>>35165440
this

all you need to engrave is

TRUSTNAME

YOURCITY, YOURSTATE
>>
File: 1484410145238.jpg (46KB, 564x346px) Image search: [Google]
1484410145238.jpg
46KB, 564x346px
>>35164659
go pistol
>>35164861
>ugly-ass upper
the DOLOS is brutty cool
>>35164956
>I don't want to pin it.
pistol
>>35165440
>form 1 the lower. once its stamped swap out part to your hearts desire.
Yeah then plan to leave the SBR at your previous place if you have to move out of state. Since you have to ask for permission from the ATF to take it across state lines
>>35165886
yes, it is supposed to stay
>>35165899
moron

post script whats the deal with the sbr threads as of late
>>
>>35167414
>Since you have to ask for permission from the ATF to take it across state lines

You only have to write a letter and inform them. You dont need permission. The ATF doesnt demand you show proof of your letter. They never have, they never will.
>>
>>35167481
>They never have, they never will.
Until they do.
>>
>>35164659
Pistol route, for sure.
The sb pdw braces are too close to a stock. I wouldn't wait a year when you could go shooting tomorrow with a brace.
>>
>>35167414
Dude I like that lil thing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.