[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

us military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>mother convinced me I had depression as a kid
>relayed this to my doctor
>instantly prescribed me meds because big pharma
>barely took them but to appease my mother kept refilling the prescription for 3-4 years,
>as soon as I was out of the house I tossed them in the trash
>now want to join navy and since I "took" them for so long I'll be PDQ'd immediately

what are the chances of being caught with a history of depression if I dont say anything, pick a job without a clearance, and mind my own business?
>>
>>35163220
>what are the chances of being caught with a history of depression
they only know if you tell them
>>
>>35163231
This seems to be the consensus I got from researching but for every post like this theres a military faggot going "DONT LIE THEY'LL CATCH U!!!" so I'm a little spooked.
>>
>>35163237
>"DONT LIE THEY'LL CATCH U!!!" so I'm a little spooked.
they only catch you if you tell them. The gov can't just grab your records out of the blue, that's illegal.
>>
>>35163242
You sign away your medical records so if they want to look that deep they can though.
>>
>>35163220
Talk to a doctor, take some tests, get a waiver.

>>35163231
If they catch you lying, you may face repercussions.
>>
>>35163248
>You sign away your medical records so if they want to look that deep they can though
no you don't, doctor patient confidentiality still exists, and even if that is true, they would still need a good reason to go digging that far, also think how expensive it would be to go looking for something that may or may not exists for every new recruit
>>
>>35163252
The waiver could take well over a year and a half and odds are they will end up saying no, even if its confirmed a misdiagnosis.
>>
>>35163258
Yeah you specifically do sign away your HIPPA rights, but you're right that they don't have the manpower or time to check everyone.
>>
>>35163237
They only check if you are doing an intelligence job or a job with high security.
>>
>>35163220
you could always go to your doctor and ask for a letter of release
>>
>>35163328
What's that? Why would I want to do that?
>>
>>35163220
They will only know if you tell them or if you were under tricare
>>
>>35163258
This guy has no fucking clue what he's talking about. Yes you waive all of your patient rights to join the military. No they probably won't check because requesting records is an extremely lengthy and tedious process even with permission. If you give them a reason to check they will check.
>>
>>35163474
Wrong. You cant hide psych records. They are open to employers for obvious reasons.
>>35163220
Sorry kid. Ide try and get a letter from a pysch saying you are good but they wont accept it. Once you have a pysch record thats it. I always tell guys at work with PTSD and depression to just keep drinking and working out as its not worth getting booted out on a shitty DVA pension unable to find out or support their family. Thats the reason so many vets kill themselves because the military discards any safety netthem without
>>
They want to know if YOU think you are depressed.

t deepgov spook
>>
>>35163486
>Once you have a pysch record thats it.

Blatantly wrong. Psych waivers are rare but not impossible. Highly doubt they will even check if OP doesn't go for a security clearance and he doesn't try to off himself in service.
>>
>>35163486
are you actually in the military?
>>
>>35163220
If you don't tell them they won't know. The only reason they would look that deep is if you getting a clearance. As long as you get something that doesn't need a clearance they won't look into it because they don't care.
>>
>>35163231

This. Just don't mention it. Even then no sweat because if you did mention it, your recruiter would tell you how to sweep it under the rug and help you do it just to meet his quota getting you in. I went and didn't mention my mental issues. Did my time fine even though I did have issues in the military they never found out about my pre-military shit.
>>
>>35163305
Be careful. You can get stationed somewhere that'll require a TS clearance regardless of your rate.
>>
>>35163220
What a bunch of goofy looking motherfuckers.
>>
>>35163220
As an actual opm investigator and former army s2 nco, i can tell you, without a doubt, NO ONE LOOKS AT YOUR RECORDS.

First and foremost, when we do investigations, we are doing so with the only objective of making sure you lived at the places youve lived, you commited the crimes youve told us youve commited, youre family/friends/neighbors confirm what youve said, and that you have no serious financial issues.

During my time in the s2, where we handled clearance type info, I never saw anyone get their civilian medical pulled UNLESS they themselves divulged the info on a reinvestigation which basically admits they lied the first time, which then gets them in trouble. So stick to the lie if youre gonna do it.

As a current investigator, I have NEVER pulled anyones medical records. The only way thats possible is if the subjects command forces them to get them, or if a law enforcement agent has a warrant.

So, if youre gonna lie, stick to the lie forever. And make sure your parents and friends never mention this shit, because in my experience parents blab everything about their children when an agent from the government takes an interest in their kid.
>>
>>35163840
Cont

Most of the time, when we find medical issues its because it was part of a police or court record. For instance if you were ever caught doing drugs or were mandated by the court to attend psych shit, we can easily pull that up, and if you deny that, youre not getting your clearance.
>>
>>35163784
>>35163220
I dunno the white girl is pretty cute and a little THICC
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.