[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What handgun do you like and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: glocks.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
glocks.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
I live here in the great state of Washington. I'm currently working toward saving my money to buy a house and to settle down with my wife, homesteading is the dream but I know I need to work hard to get there.

Before the end of the year I am going to apply for my conceal carry permit and my wife plans to go peruse the handguns with me. She says she wants us to lean towards buying a glock. I have plenty of research to do on which ones I would consider.

This will be my first purchase of a firearm and will also be the first handgun that I will legally own. So what do you /k/ommando's think about what handguns I should consider to be my first? Should I go with a glock?
>>
>>35162069
Yeah you should probably just get a glock. They are great reliable guns. They are also some of the most size and weigh efficient guns around and don't have a bunch of safeties and decocker dangling everywhere to catch shit. This makes them ideal for carry. Other people will whine about "features" that they don't have like forward slide serrations or standard factory metal sights. Most of these things are completely useless when you think about it and are only featured on the clones to distinguish them from glocks for the marketers' convenience. Go in to a gun range before you buy one and learn to shoot first, but you can buy one with confidence.
>>
File: 20170801_194900-1.jpg (901KB, 2600x1923px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_194900-1.jpg
901KB, 2600x1923px
>>35162069
Glock is a good choice for a first gun. Most poly striker pistols are. I prefer the M&P series by Smith and Wesson over Glock myself. If you get the chance and are curious, hold an M&P 2.0 and see how you like it.
>>
>>35162069
>caliber
get a 9. easiest to learn on and generally cheaper ammo than most others.
>poly frame
glock and s&w are your cheaper go to's. hk, sig, and fn if you're feeling froggy. go for a compact or subcompact if you honestly think about concealing. beretta px4 is a severely overlooked pistol you should probably look into.
>metal frame
1911, sig, beretta 90 series, and the cz variants are all good choices. these are obviously going to be a little heavier than the polymer frames. s&w used to make some great metal frame pistols back in the day. kinda uncommon to find them nowadays though. metal frame is a superb choice to learn to shoot with in my opinion.
>things to not do
don't go to a gun shop looking to buy a gun. the guy behind the counter is looking to make a sale. don't buy a gun because "it fits your hand." all guns fit your hand. best option is to go to your local pistol range that rents out handguns. test a few out and make your decision based off of how they shot.
>>
File: 20170914_013002[1].jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170914_013002[1].jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>35162069
After owning a shitload of handguns I've settled on this
My advice, don't get a gun too big for you; but don't get a gun too small to shoot in my case a single stack 9mm is perfect.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with glocks.
I've never talked to anyone who owned one that didn't like them.
>>
File: 20170913_231210.jpg (3MB, 2474x2107px) Image search: [Google]
20170913_231210.jpg
3MB, 2474x2107px
>>35162279

>I like to waste money
>45 is best
>>
>>35162241
i love mine anon, and would recommend.
>>
File: IMG_1247.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1247.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>35162281
Yep.
I chose pic related but PPS was a close second. I prefer to carry single stacks, especially AIWB. Glocks are great and the G26/G19 are incredibly efficient from a size/weight to capacity standpoint.

I personally prefer SAO and wish that sig made a 10+1 commander version of the p938 but Ill probably get a 9mm 1911.
>>
XD E. No stress on mag ban. Has a safety. 9mm is mellow round. DA S.A. is a tad safer for new guy and accident and discharge. Only a opinion.
>>
>>35162241
A compact version with dimensions identical to the G19 is coming out sometime in the next few weeks too.

I was going to get a gen 5 Glock but now I'm conflicted between that and the m&p.
>>
>>35162069
Honestly all the "name brand" pistols will function just fine for you. Pick what feels good in your hand or you like the looks of.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 274x184px
>>35162069
Cz P01 Compact, no regrets.
>>
File: IMG_20170802_211834351.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170802_211834351.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>35163657
Ayyy

terriblelighting.jpg, but I have this and it's also fantastic. I'm also posting it as a caveat to OP; if you guys are looking for something to carry, be wary of steel frames. Even though CZ makes fine quality handguns, something like the CZ75 B is just too damned heavy to not discourage your wife or even you from carrying it.

Tl;dr, stick with polymer frames, OP. XDs, PO7/9, and even Glocks are a solid choice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.